Booth Rules & Listings

Matope
Owner
Owner
Pebbles: 509.00 Pebbles

Booth Rules & Listings

Post by Matope »

THE MATOPE WINTER MARKET:

This subforum is a special RP-based location for the Matope Winter Market. Here, many players will set up booths with games, activities, or other events that will allow you to collect pebbles for your efforts!

We're allowing any of you to set up your own booth!

If you'd like to run your own booth, please read on! Just note that booths must be run by certed kin; if you have 0 kin, you're welcome to participate in someone else's booth, but cannot start your own!

Booths can involve dice/luck games, artistic chops, or writing exercises. Starting a booth thread in this forum will grant you a large number of pebbles; participating will also grant pebbles! You're also encouraged to offer your own custom prizes in booths, whether it be art, accessories for kin, or you can even give away some of your own pebbles to people who have posted exceptional RP.

Read on for some examples from previous years to get your creative juices flowing.
word count: 176
please do not send anything via PM to the mule; no one checks this account.
Matope
Owner
Owner

Booth Rules & Listings

Post by Matope »

RUN YOUR OWN BOOTH:

If the above hasn't inspired you enough, please feel free to ask for help from staff members or other users in the discord chat or General Chat subforum, and brainstorm ideas there! Once you have a concept for your booth, go ahead and start a new topic in this forum! Booths do not need to be unique in mechanics or in flavor text as long as you're clearly not plagiarizing someone's entire booth.

This year, don't forget about the AU option! You're welcome to have booths that use versions of kin that are humanoid, other animal, fantasy, sci fi, or anything else you can imagine!

If your concept is close but you need help, we'll gladly help you make it work. Remember that the more booths are set up in this event, the more pebbles people can get, the more fun everyone has! However, we're also requesting that each user only make one booth, to make sure all booths get maximum attention paid. This rule will be lifted in the case of tribes; there can also be one booth per tribe, even if this means you're running more than one, but we strongly encourage tribe booths to be run with other users.

And, of course, you're always encouraged to offer additional prizes out of your own pockets to make sure everyone has the most fun possible -- art, or pebbles, commissioned kin or babies from completed breedings, bribed familiars, or anything else you can come up with!

STAFF RECOMMENDATIONS:

We've run a lot of booths in the past -- and so this time around we have a few bits of advice to help you make yours as successful as possible!
  • Grant prizes weekly or biweekly: Regular release of prizes yields better activity than holding all prizes until the end!
  • Reward effort: High effort booths should have prizes that reward this effort!
  • Avoid daily tasks: Booths that require daily checkin often are off-putting for users, or overwhelming.
  • Put a cap on entries: Limiting how many times someone can enter your event will help people from feeling it's "too late" for them to join in.
  • Be Fair: If you feel like you can't be non-partial, you can always narrow down and roll or roll several winners and pick from them!
PREVIOUS BOOTH CONCEPTS:

Here are some user examples from the past to give you inspiration. Note that previously we ran the event using tokens; now, instead, everything is based on pebbles, which will be granted automatically through participation. As such, you can only offer bonus pebbles in your thread if you're digging into your own coffers.
Spoiler
  • Gecko's Kissing Booth - Kiss a frog for a chance at tokens!
  • Fair Hunter's Fishing Fun - Go fishing, and receive a prize based on your catch!
  • Story Time - Tell a story based on a rolled dice prompt to automatically receive one token.
  • Gooooaaaaal! Or Not... - Kick a coconut through a ring.  All participants who meet a minimum word count get one token automatically, and can gain additional, user-provided prizes by rolling well.
  • Watch Me's Performance Spectacular - All participants who follow a randomly-rolled acting prompt receive one token.
  • Wild Green Stones' Art Therapy - All participants who post a Blingee or bad Photoshop receive one token.
  • Pool of Mystery - Dip your hoof into a pool for a quick dice rolled RP prompt.  Try to accurately guess what you touched for a chance at a token!
  • Wax and Wane's Charms - Fetch parts for creating accessories and receive tokens based on quality.
We'd also like to feature these staff booths to show examples of non-roleplay prompts.  Please note that, because they were staff booths, there were additional official prizes on top of the single daily token prize in these booths.  Unlike these booths, you will not be able to give out bags, boxes, extra tokens, or accessories directly, but you can add in your own prizes - your own art, pebbles, or other items.  If you have extra kin or pets from a breeding or custom that you have purchased or won, you may give those out as additional prizes.
Some other suggestions for booths are quick flash games or dollmakers - give an IC prompt which kin should follow, and ask to see a screenshot of the final screen in exchange for a token.  Please keep in mind that your task should be something that people are willing to do daily, so it shouldn't be extremely difficult.
word count: 837
please do not send anything via PM to the mule; no one checks this account.
Matope
Owner
Owner

Booth Rules & Listings

Post by Matope »

BOOTH LISTINGS:
Submit your booth using the following form:

Code: Select all

[i][b]COME VISIT MY BOOTH![/b][/i]
[b][url=LINKTOBOOTH]Booth Name[/url][/b]: 5-10 word description of booth.
Staff Booths User-Run Booths
word count: 232
blue
Owner
Owner
Pebbles: 1,524.62 Pebbles

Forum

Booth Rules & Listings

Post by blue »

COME VISIT MY BOOTH!
Twin Souls: AU Modern Fantasy short form writing (art optional!)
word count: 14
(icorn by amitotic!)
Astraea
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 1,427.74 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=1300

Booth Rules & Listings

Post by Astraea »

COME VISIT MY BOOTH!
Gotta Catch 'Em All: Win new mystery familiars!
word count: 12
peanutbutter
Pebbles: 635.12 Pebbles

Forum

Booth Rules & Listings

Post by peanutbutter »

COME VISIT MY BOOTH!
Timorous' Flower Ball Toss: Toss some balls (dice) to win some prizes!
word count: 16
Moonstone Dazzle
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 1,341.34 Pebbles

Forum

Booth Rules & Listings

Post by Moonstone Dazzle »

COME VISIT MY BOOTH!
Moonstone's Self-Care Booth: Pay Yourself a Compliment for Prizes!
word count: 15
HuniPi
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 3,213.44 Pebbles

Booth Rules & Listings

Post by HuniPi »

COME VISIT MY BOOTH!
Trek to the Caves: Join Heart and Home as she visits the Zikwa Caves during this year's Winter Market.
word count: 24
lilacfishie
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 4,453.76 Pebbles
Avatar Art Credit: space crawfish

Booth Rules & Listings

Post by lilacfishie »

COME VISIT MY BOOTH!
Life, uh, Finds a Way: Ancient Zikwa and their friends are new to the Winter Market
word count: 20
Kiwi Squirt Bottle
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist
Pebbles: 1,967.58 Pebbles

Booth Rules & Listings

Post by Kiwi Squirt Bottle »

COME VISIT MY BOOTH!
Crags & Creatures: Come play swampified Chutes and Ladders! Safer than Jumanji!
Tara de Draiocht
Pebbles: 4,047.42 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=111

Booth Rules & Listings

Post by Tara de Draiocht »

COME VISIT MY BOOTH!
Dash Away's Spreading Cheer Booth: Gift Giving through the use of dice and imagination/creation via RP!
word count: 22
Aria Starstone
Pebbles: 25.32 Pebbles

Booth Rules & Listings

Post by Aria Starstone »

COME VISIT MY BOOTH!
Spread the Joy with Cheerful: Simple raffle with RP component.
word count: 14
LOLLI qAq
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 1,618.78 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=863

Booth Rules & Listings

Post by LOLLI qAq »

COME VISIT MY BOOTH!
First to the Top: A Mountain Climbing Game: Climb a big rock with Story and maybe take home a new friend!
word count: 25
Dawns_Stars145
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,043.86 Pebbles

Booth Rules & Listings

Post by Dawns_Stars145 »

COME VISIT MY BOOTH!
Hide And Seek!: Search for hidden Kin And Familars each week!
Muffinsbaby
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 5,216.28 Pebbles

Booth Rules & Listings

Post by Muffinsbaby »

COME VISIT MY BOOTH!
Star Dasher's Race into the New Year: Roll a dice, score highest to win a prize - 5 winners
word count: 23