Dash Away's Spreading Cheer Booth [CLOSED] THANKYOU.

Tara de Draiocht
Pebbles: 3,891.96 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=111

Dash Away's Spreading Cheer Booth [CLOSED] THANKYOU.

Post by Tara de Draiocht »

Hello and welcome back to another fun year at the winter market!
My name is Dash Away and you may have seen me around these past few years! My goal is to make other kin's happy the best I can, whether through random games, chatting, or giving away prizes!

**cute art by Scaramouche Fandango
Last edited by Tara de Draiocht on Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:39 am, edited 6 times in total. word count: 55
Tara de Draiocht

Info & Rules

Dash Away hopes that her booth will help to create the perfect way to spread some cheer to the doe or buck you want to impress with your abilities!
The first thing you do is roll the stones [aka dice!] and let them show you your gifting fate! Then from there you set forth on your journey to create your item [aka the roleplaying!]. Allow me to show you what I mean in a few minutes [aka in another post].

Good luck and I hope you have fun!
1. Follow the rules of Matope.
2. You can post up to three times daily; each time with a different kin.
3. Each entry whether you choose to do a roleplay or art piece counts towards a ticket until the end of this event! Winners will be rolled at the end of the event!
4. In your post roll 4d8. You can choose which number belongs to what item. For example: I roll a 2, 3, 6, 1. I choose vines to be my number 1, I choose mud/clay to be my number 2, and now I need to have animal teeth/fangs and fur as my 'item material'. You MUST have TWO items and TWO binding materials.
5. Edit your post with the response of your roleplay to the items and binding materials chosen!
6. If you get four of the same number you are one lucky kin! Instant winner and you land yourself a ticket with no roleplaying involved.
7. There is no roleplay word limit. You can write as much as you want or as little as you want!
8. This booth will end on December 30th! At 11:59pm EST
Last edited by Tara de Draiocht on Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:33 pm, edited 6 times in total. word count: 283
Tara de Draiocht

Forms & Prizes

Gifting in Progress! Tis the Season to bring some Cheer!
Your Kin: [insert kin cert or uncert ]
The other Kin: [insert kin cert and quote the other person if you wish!]
Roll 1:
Roll 2:
Roll 3:
Roll 4:

Prompt: [insert art (if you choose to do) and roleplay here

Code: Select all

[b][size=140][color=#800000]Gifting in Progress! [/color][color=#004000]Tis the Season to bring some Cheer![/color][/b][/size]
[b][u]Your Kin:[/u][/b] [insert kin cert or uncert ]
[b][u]The other Kin:[/u][/b] [insert kin cert and quote the other person if you wish! ]
Roll 1:
Roll 2:
Roll 3:
Roll 4:

[b][u]Prompt[/u][/b]: [insert art (if you choose to do) and roleplay here
If you are lucky enough and you get four of the same number:
Jackpot! I got four of the same number! Ticket please!

[size=180][color=yellow][b]Jackpot! I got four of the same number! Ticket please![/b][/color][/size] 
[quote=Tara de Draiocht][/quote]
Image donated by AstoriaFallen <33
Prizes Won:
- Toto donated by AstoriaFallen <33 won by SkylerKarashi
Last edited by Tara de Draiocht on Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:51 pm, edited 10 times in total. word count: 189
Tara de Draiocht

List

1. Scaramouche Fandango
  2. doomsayer
  3. doomsayer
  4. AstoriaFallen
  5. AstoriaFallen
  6. AstoriaFallen
  7. AstoriaFallen
  8. AstoriaFallen
  9. AstoriaFallen
  10. AstoriaFallen
  11. Starrydance
  12. AstoriaFallen
  13. AstoriaFallen
  14. AstoriaFallen
Last edited by Tara de Draiocht on Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:00 am, edited 8 times in total. word count: 15
Tara de Draiocht

Rolling Options

Rolls 1 and 2: aka The Gift
1. Jewel / pretty stones
2. Flower (CC of what kind)
3. You pick! (can be something not on the list(s)!)
4. Food/ snacks (CC on what kind)
5. Fangs, claws, teeth, bones, etc.
6. You pick! (can be something not on the list(s)!)
7. Feathers
8. Fur (CC of what kind)

Rolls 3 and 4: aka Binding

1. You pick! (can be something not on the list(s)!)
2. Rope / vines
3. minerals (CC)
4. You pick! (can be something not on the list(s)!)
5. Wood (CC on how you use it; example: flat piece could be used to hold food option above)
6. Fire
7. Mud/ clay
8. Honey or Slime
word count: 122
Tara de Draiocht

Example Post

Here is a past example:

FOUND HERE
word count: 7
Tara de Draiocht

Side Games?

Last edited by Tara de Draiocht on Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:20 am, edited 3 times in total. word count: 3
Tara de Draiocht

Dash Away's Spreading Cheer Booth [WIP]

word count: 0
Tara de Draiocht

Dash Away's Spreading Cheer Booth [OPEN]

word count: 0
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 2,891.62 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Scaramouche Fandango »

Your Kin: Image
The other Kin: Image
LOLLI qAq wrote:
Roll 1: 8: Fur
Roll 2: 5: Fangs
Roll 3: 4: CC- big ol' banana leaf
Roll 4: 8: Honey or slime

Prompt

Strange Creature was delighted when upon roaming the winter market, she found a booth for making gifts. It was a very sweet idea, and the tortoises at her booth wouldn't miss her for a little bit. She searched through the supplies, looking for inspiration, when she saw a soft piece of hide from some unknown small mammal. The fur was thick and luxurious, each shaft multiple colors creating a brindled effect, and as it caught the light it almost seemed to glow. The fur's visual warmth reminded her of her friend Story- like her, he had numerous pets, and many of his were soft, gentle creatures. She decided that a little totem, a bit of a charm on a string, would be a great winter gift for him, and so she started working. Carefully, she brushed down the individual hairs, making the little patch of fur sleek and smooth and oh so soft. It would look so nice as something to hang up or even wear. Next, she found some dried thin vines, jute or hemp from the look of it. They would be perfect for creating a loop for the charm. She rolled the fur carefully and tied off the ends of it, creating a soft cylinder that looked good no matter what angle it was at. Then, she took a longer piece of vine and made a loop with it. It wasn't long enough to wear around a neck, but it could dangle nicely off of a horn, or one of Story's many crags and bark-like outcrops. He was easily decorated, that buck.

The charm looked nice, but it needed something more- something with a little extra flash to personalize it just a bit more. It needed something to make it obvious it was from her- and she found the perfect thing. A sharp, shining caiman tooth! Smaller than a crocodile tooth, so it wouldn't overwhelm the delicate charm- but big enough to be visible. It was clearly a shed tooth; there were no roots, and it was hollow all the way through. She found a porcupine quill and carefully, carefully bore a hole at the base of the tooth to allow it to dangle from the bottom of the charm. It would look really neat blowing in the wind!

Wrapping the gift was just as much fun as putting it together. She found a huge, flexible green banana leaf- the kind of thing you'd wrap fish in to carry or heat up by the embers of a fire. She folded it tenderly, putting it together with generous lines of slime to hold it in place. She thought about using honey, but worried one of his animal friends might be too tempted and eat the gift before he was able to open it. He had a tegu. She knew how those were. Once the parcel was wrapped nicely, she admired it, adding just a tiny sprinkle of ground fish scales to make it glittery. Now the package would really shine.

"Thank you so much for the materials!" she said to Dash Away, beaming brightly. "I think my friend is just going to absolutely love this!"
Dice rolls
[8, 5, 4, 8] = 25
4d8:  [
] = 25
word count: 575
doomsayer
Pebbles: 1,728.14 Pebbles

Post by doomsayer »

Roll 1: 8. Fur (CC of what kind)
Roll 2: 2. Flower (CC of what kind)
Roll 3: 2. Rope / vines
Roll 4: 7. Mud/ clay

Prompt: Smoldering Ember has not seen his father in a long time--not since he and his sibling had become fully grown and decided to set out on their own to live independently. This opportunity that Dash Away is giving him to create a small gift has made him think of giving his father something just to let him know that the latter is still important in his life and that Ember still thinks about him.

Ember takes the clay and carefully uses his hooves to form it into a small mound, making sure to wor quickly before the clay can melt. With the clay shaped, Smoldering Ember takes the vines, wrapping it around the stem of the purple dahlia, then continuing to wrap the vine and press it down onto the mound of clay, treating it as a sort of base upon which the flower will stand in the middle. To finish, Ember rips up small tufts of the golden lion fur and clips it int between the layers of wrapped vines to accent the entire thing. Satisfied with his work, Smoldering Ember gingerly takes his creation and balances it on his back, looking back at Dash Away before he leaves saying, "Thank you for the materials and the opportunity. I hope my father will like it. Wish me luck!"
Dice rolls
[8, 2, 2, 7] = 19
] = 19
word count: 262
doomsayer
Pebbles: 1,728.14 Pebbles

Post by doomsayer »

Roll 1: 6. You pick! - bracelet of psilomelane
Roll 2: 7. Feathers
Roll 3: 7. Mud/clay
Roll 4: 3. Minerals (CC) - flat shards of aquamarine

Prompt: Into The Evening is not typically sociable. She prefers just basking and lounging in the shade, away from any bright lights that hurt her eyes. Other kin see her and are reminded of the more recent events when the lights went out. She was born in that season and feels some sort of connection to it, but the way other kin associate her with it is not something she likes. She would much rather not interact with anyone if she has to.

But every once in a while she sees a kin that catches her eye beyond her predilection for isolation. She found out that his name is Sick Rose. She wants him to look at her. Hopefully in a different way than everyone else does.

Seeing her opportunity with Dash Away's booth, she puts in a rare effort to make Sick Rose a gift. She takes the round bracelet of psilomelane and uses the clay sparingly to stick the shards of aquamarine and feathers onto its surface. The final product is something that can be slipped onto one's leg and will stay above one's hoof even when running.

Now she just needs to find the right opportunity and approach to give it to him. Oh no! She did not think this out so well. How will she approach him? What will she say? Isn't going up to someone who doesn't know you and giving them a present incredibly awkward?! Into The Evening becomes paralyzed as these thoughts flood her mind.
Dice rolls
[6, 7, 7, 3] = 23
] = 23
word count: 298
Astoria
Pebbles: 1,631.34 Pebbles

Dash Away's Spreading Cheer Booth [OPEN] - Wolves added

Post by Astoria »

The Gift
Roll 1: 8. Fur (CC of what kind)
Roll 2: 5. Fangs, claws, teeth, bones, etc.
Binding
Roll 3: 7. Mud/ clay
Roll 4: 6. Fire

Prompt:
Dash Away's Booth wasn't one she had participated in before, though she couldn't remember what other booths had been around the last time she had enjoyed the Winter Market. The idea was to make a gift for another kin, which seemed delightful to her, though you didn't necessarily get to pick the items you got. You rolled and then selected from the available piles. Looking around there seemed to be quite a bit of potential so she went ahead and gave it a shot. Hmmmm.

The items that Meadow Lark was to collect seemed fairly simple, fur, any type of external/internal bones (fangs, claws, etc) and then was to bind it with clay and fire. The issue, however, was what was she to make with those items? As she went about collecting some fur she pondered to herself what exactly it was she could do with the limited resources. Satisfied with what she was able to gather she went about picking out the other materials and then the binding.

Looking at Dash Away with a smile she said, "Thank you for setting up this booth. I'm hoping my idea forms well with the materials I've gathered. Happy Winter Market!" She hoped others were having just as much fun with this.

She had an idea, though without the proper digits, it was going to be a very rough looking design. The mud and clay were binding materials and thankfully the clay was soft and easy for her to manipulate with her leg, face, neck and a stick. As the clay finally began to take shape she stuck the bits of fur and bone on or in the clay as a form of support. The mud helped make the fur stick better and she eventually placed the project near a fire, though not too close as the didn't want it to catch on fire.

When the project was finally dry she looked it over. It was a doll-esk type figure. It didn't look particularly good, but it also didn't look awful either. It stood upon four legs and the back was covered with a layer of fur, as was the neck and stomach. She had left the head and legs without fur as it had proved too difficult, or rather, she hadn't wanted it to go ablaze from the heat. Either way, if the whole thing had been covered in fur, it would have definitely turned into a burnt offering.

She had turned some of the bones and fangs inwards, like it had a pair of ivory eyes, as she had found some medium sized fangs and pushed them into the clay so only part of the bone was visible. She had given it tiny pointed fangs by the mouth. She thought, despite it's rather ugly nature, that it was rather cute. She wasn't sure that her mother was going to like it, but that was life. It was the thought that counted, yes? Though, if Meadow's Mercy wasn't too keen on the item, Meadow Lark wouldn't mind "holding onto it" for her. It sort of grew on you after a while.
Dice rolls
[8, 5, 7, 6] = 26
] = 26
Last edited by Astoria on Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 581
Tara de Draiocht

Dash Away's Spreading Cheer Booth [OPEN] - Wolves added

Dash Away runs around nodded at those participating at her booth this year. "Thank you all and I hope you are having fun! So many interesting creations this year!"

UPDATED TO HERE
word count: 32
Tara de Draiocht

Win a Toto!

Game in coming....

Welcome to a random game! I have been given the opportunity to gift this beautiful totoma to one lucky winner! And For those who want to take a break from roleplaying this game is for you! Here is what you have to do! Spell a word using the RNG 1d26 ! Each number represents a letter as shown below~ Make sure you quote me when you have successfully completed the word along with the form!

First one to spell out the word WINTER! Wins the totoma below! Roll continuously until you spell that word out; aka roll until you win! No time or day limits.
Letters/Numbers for reference:

Throughout the game~ (for your records)
Son of a nutcracker!
Username:
Roll 1: W
Roll 2: I
Roll 3: N
Roll 4: T
Roll 5: E
Roll 6: R
Spoiler