Baneful
Swampmaster
Swampmaster
Pebbles: 6,997.12 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?p=3043#p3043

Forum

Baneful's Matope Journal >> updated 25/11/2023

Post by Baneful »

▐▐ INFORMATION>> This is where I'll keep up to date my kin. I will leave a note if they are availiable for breeding, I should also keep a list of previous clutches under each kin. You hear that ME WHO IS WORKING ON THIS STUFF. NOTE IT.

▐▐ LINKS>>
Breeding Thread
▐▐ KIN INDEX>>
Page 1 -King of Shadows + Deceiver + I Always Come Back + Broken Crown + Wrong + Half Waking + Rough + Repeats Mistakes + Boar + Cockscomb + Bizarre + Dominant + Shining One + The Voice

Page 2 - Be Seeing You  + Cuckoo + Muffle + Gallant + All I Ever Wanted + Crawly + Cracked Games + Cycle + Totoma + Blood On The Snow + Defend + Vindicated + Moving On + Pitch + My Design

Page 3 - Cactus Milk + Bloodlust + Live and Let Die + Stay Together + Magnificent + Crackling Brush + Unnameable + Look Into The Abyss + Contour + Proud + Preserve + War + Before The Dawn + Spill + Speaking Jellyfish

Page 4 -Tyranny + Moonlight Over Water + Mint To Be + Road More Travelled + Snarl + Break + Waits Dreaming + Crystal Maze + Empty Shell + Tragedy + Fatal + A Stranger Came Ashore + Not Saved + Amazing Flight + Wait For Me + Dasher

Page 5 -Die of Fright + Not Chicken + Mad + Dextrous + Midwinter + Back Biter + Skyquake + Add to Taste + Bear + Enemy + Free Range + Future + Past + Pass Over + Last Laugh

Page 6 - Hawkmoth + Clearwing + Undefeated + Dissolve + Eats Hearts + Epic + More + In Bloom + Wonderful + The Queen + x + Gifted + Right in Two + Exhale + We Shadows
Spoiler
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Baneful on Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 224
Baneful
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Re: Baneful's Matope Journal >> updated 16/05/2019

Post by Baneful »

▐▐ NAME>> King of Shadows
▐▐ SPECIES>>Acha
▐▐ GENDER>> Male
▐▐ BREEDING>> He's fairly picky, roleplay preferred.
▐▐ DESCRIPTION>> Carrying himself with an obvious sense of poise and pride, King is the leader of the fairy tribe in the winter months. He is a sleek lean creature who is capable of moving with startling stealth. He is a strong swimmer, with wiry muscles and an ever knowing smirk. His eyes are mutated with four competing for space on his face scales rather than the normal two. He smells of exotic mushrooms and damp, fertile earth.
▐▐ PERSONALITY>> King of Shadows is an overtly masculine acha, who in spite of his smaller and daintier frame still nevertheless presents an unmistakable aura of power and sensuality. He can be cold and callous when it comes to matters of the heart and sees the world in a way that is primarily logical. His main sentiment is aimed at the tribe, along with his friends and family where he would lay down his life to protect the tribe from any harm which might befall them. When he is not in control of the tribe he grudgingly falls back to permit Fair to exert her rule over the feasts and festivities.

Though “serious” by fae standards, King is not at all averse to revelry, dabbling in the company of other tribe members and generally having a very, very good time.
<<CERT▐▐
L i n k

<<LYRICS>>
Then, my queen, in silence sad,
Trip we after the night's shade:
We the globe can compass soon,
Swifter than the wandering moon.

- A Midsummer Night's Dream - William Shakespeare -

▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Wanderer of the Night 
▐▐ FAMILIAR PERSONALITY>> King's spy in the air, sent to fetch messages and carry errands. Has a sharp sting with hallucinatory properties.

▐▐ NAMING DREAM>>
Too many eyes. Kaliedoscopic.
Something's wrong with you.
Sighted incorrectly.
Misshapen.
All wrong.

Four eyes.
Four is an unlucky number.
Alone at night.
The shadows move.
Like creeping creatures.
Fangs and teeth.
And too many eyes.

MIsshapen shadows.
All wrong.
Like me.
Many eyes.
Too many.

They move.
I move.
Darkness bleeds into my flesh.
Blood on the snow.
Part of me.

Moving towards waking.
Darkness affixed by the heel.
The sun rises.
And sets.
But the shadows.

Cannot be outrun.
Even by their ruler.
Regicide.

<<ROLEPLAY AND ART▐▐
PRP - Returns a King - Fair + King - King returns from his long wanderings to his one, his love, his opposite.
PRP - Welcome Home, Sire - King + Stalker Owl - King speaks to Owl about the state of affairs.
EVENT - White Flower Game - King goes looking for white flowers all over.
META - King goes to the Acha Obelisk. - King goes looking for white flowers all over.
PRP - Journey Home - Stalker + King - King comes back.
Caiman Story Entry - King tells the story of a foolish kin
PRP - Found Eggs - King and Stalker find a Caiman
PRP - The Swimming Hole - King and the Swimmers
Naming Dream - Regicide
Death Grove - King revisits past traumas
Fortune Grove - King has a foreboding vision
Winter Solstice - King introduces the winter solstice
The Henge - A tale of two princes

----- Ascending

[FOAWP1] Turn and face the strange. (King + Stalker)  - King and Stalker find a mushroom.  +5
[Bless] River Star x King of Shadows  - A blessing. +3
ARTWORK - King and the Moth  - King swears he saw a spectral moth. +2
ARTWORK - Despair  - Sometimes you slip into despair. +2
ARTWORK - Skipping  - Prancing befitting a king +2

▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Cross the River
▐▐ FAMILIAR PERSONALITY>> A pale strange caiman who has followed King since his trip to the north and who never lets up.

▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Lady
▐▐ FAMILIAR PERSONALITY>> A strange caiman which showed up to accompany Cross the River, she also follows King, much to his annoyance.

<<CLUTCHES▐▐

With Fair
We Shadows + All Is Mended
With So Above So Below
Underneath + Yearn + Exhale + Be Seeing You  +Night of the Strange Eclipse 

ImageImageImage
Last edited by Baneful on Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 644
Baneful
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Re: Baneful's Matope Journal >> updated 04/06/2019

Post by Baneful »

▐▐ NAME>> Deceiver
▐▐ SPECIES>>Acha
▐▐ GENDER>> Male
▐▐ BREEDING>> Anything with a pulse.
▐▐ DESCRIPTION>> Deceiver is a slender and delicate acha who is small even for his type. He has a narrow snout with prominent cheekbones and an expression which is almost always on the smug side. He moves with grace and poise, carrying his head high and exuding the most haughty sort of air. He is capable of a startling turn of speed and violence when the mood takes him.
▐▐ PERSONALITY>> Deceiver is a liar. He lies constantly about almost everything, from his name, to his feelings about things. He will try to befriend new individuals who look interesting or as if they can have something of value by being whatever they want him to be and then betraying them later. He is greedy, a bit of a lech and capable of astonishing acts of cruelty. He is for whatever reason, attached to another kin named Soft Touch and treats them better than he treats anyone else, determined to keep them sweet on him and happy. He has several children who live close by with him and he is not at all a very good father.

<<CERT▐▐
L i n k

<<LYRICS>>
I am a soldier baby,
who works just like a slave,
sweating through the pain of digging his foxhole that he know is just a grave.
You trust me don't you baby?
You'd hand your life to me.
Let's walk along the wire and watch the muzzles flash like lightning.

A smile safe-crackers understand, is rendering this steady hand obsolete,
you thought you caught my slight of hand, but you could never understand,
no not me.

The Wondersmith and his Sons - Astronautalis

▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Tweetheart
▐▐ FAMILIAR PERSONALITY>>
Tweetheart is Divinity's eyes on the wing, moving silently even at night. He also brings him mice and other small creatures for him to eat or for ritual work. He is a good source of small bones and on occaision other rare trinkets gathered from around the swamp by the mice, moles and small birds that he eats. The only other bird he won't eat is Forever because he understands that they are on the same team.
▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Forever
▐▐ FAMILIAR PERSONALITY>>  Forever is a beautiful bird with vibrant colours who sings sweet songs, mimics voices very well and generally has a very keen mind. They are obedient much like Tweetheart and lead Divinity towards new marks, as well as accenting his scams.

▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Butch
▐▐ FAMILIAR PERSONALITY>> Butch is a strange familiar with an even stranger relationship with Deceiver. He doesn't actually like this particular hound, but it doesn't matter, he follows him regardless. There is something a bit unusual about him and he drools relentlessly, barks without warning and generally comes across as quite, quite mad. He can be peaceful one moment and aggressive and fearful the next without any real rhyme or reason. He is really really good at finding Deceiver, even when the Acha very much does not wish to be found.

▐▐ NAMING DREAM>>

A dream of deep water.
Floating untethered in darkness, surrounded by the water’s roar in new forged ears.
Dark solitude. Ancient yet ageless darkness yawns and watches.
How long has it been?

Then came the light.
It flits through the dark. Someday it will remind him of a fish.
For now it’s just.
A Message.

Pursuit and feeling his breath sap away.
But a need to know where it leads.
Even death is less fearful than the dark forever.
Lungs ache, vision blurs.
The light is him.

A snap of teeth in the darkness.
Too sudden.
Closed tight, a trap around him.
Panic. Thrashing terror.

Striking out against shell, between dream and reality.
Escape the dark.
He would be the light. He would lead and never be led.
Lead others to the teeth in the dark.

Deceiver.

<<ROLEPLAY▐▐

ORP - Fortune Telling - Winter Solstice - Deceiver tells the future.  - 5 points
[SOLO] A Reading (Deceiver) - Deceiver takes a look at where he is. - 1 point
[ORP] Shadow Stalkers HOtM: Runes-driven CYOA - Shadow Stalkers ORP - 5 points
[PRP] The Stars Call All [Star Dasher x Deceiver] - Deceiver meets a stranger.  - 5 points
[WP-001] Bad Dreams (Deceiver) - Deceiver dreams about the first obelisk. - 2 points
[WP-002] Worse Dreams (Deceiver) - Another dream, this time the second obelisk. - 2 points
[ORP] Snow & Sulfur - Deceiver bugs someone.
Dash Away's Spreading Cheer Booth - Deceiver gives a gift to Stay.
Rock Seekers (Open) - Deceiver collects rocks. - 1 point

ORP with Steals Fire - Deceiver shows up to the group. - 1 point

RP Name - Description 

<<STORYTELLING▐▐

Stories for the Long Night - Deceiver tells a really weird story.

<<ARTWORK▐▐

Anthro - Imagining Deceiver as an anthropomorphic version - 2 points
Art by Scaramouche Fandango - Deceiver's bad day. - 0 points

<<TOTAL POINTS▐▐

22/50 points
Last edited by Baneful on Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 811
Baneful
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by Baneful »

▐▐ NAME>> I Always Come Back - Nicknamed "Will"
▐▐ SPECIES>> Kimeti
▐▐ GENDER>> Male
▐▐ PARENTS>> N/A
▐▐ BREEDING>> He's very fussy. Roleplay only.
▐▐ DESCRIPTION>> I Always Come Back is an unsettling kin with exposed and permanently bleeding parts of his body. He smells like he is decomposing, his eyes glowing uncannily constantly. He smiles often, but there is nothing amicable about it, his exposed teeth razor sharp and uneven, with one broken on one side of his face. His voice is at odds with his appearance, sonorous and intelligent, with a reassuring quality that is almost fatherly. It is difficult to judge if he means harm or not. Though appearing similar to a rabbit's, his ears are entirely prehensile. He can use them to manipulate tasks.

He is of indeterminate age, a little silvery in his fur in places, but wholly fit and capable.

▐▐ PERSONALITY>> Keenly intelligent, I Always Come Back is capable of creating strange and horrifying inventions when he is so inclined. Due to a loss in his past, he is utterly obsessed with understanding the swamp's magic and is entirely willing to do anything it takes to place it into his possession. He wants to overcome mortality, learn how to reverse ageing and put souls back into their previous vessels (or new ones).

He was an entertainer kin once and retained this charismatic streak and talent set, though, in recent years, it has become partially obscured with anger and irritation. The closer he grows to his goals, the more impatient he becomes to obtain them. He relies on his companions to do his dirty work, enlisting other kin who share his end goal to work alongside him. He is capable of an absolute lack of empathy and sees little issue with disposing of those who stand in his way.

He is a deceiving character by nature, and most who meet him do not encounter his innermost self, presented instead with the appearance of a half-rabid creature, which is almost impossible to imagine being capable of conversation, let alone careful invention and the creation of new things. He has many faces and identities; reaching his heart takes a special kind of kin.

He has a very long-standing feud with his old parter whose twins he murdered.
<<CERT▐▐
L i n k
<<LYRICS>>
Trapped in our own disguises
Cut free but soulless still
Our dreams are haunted by the
Ghosts we kill
Identities of silence
In search of cheaper scares
We're all surrounded by the
Masks we wear

- Masks - Aviators -
▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Spring
▐▐ FAMILIAR PERSONALITY>> Smiling, friendly and oblivious to the malicious nature of his master.

▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Moon
▐▐ FAMILIAR PERSONALITY>> Moves silently and observes keenly, hard to notice until it is too late.

▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Bowled Over
▐▐ FAMILIAR PERSONALITY>> Playful, cheery, a chunky and cuddly bunny.

▐▐ NAMING DREAM>>

A voice. "I exist."

A tree.

A tree of flesh and bone, reaching up and up forever. Dreams hung upon its boughs, wishes drawn up through its roots. It waits, and it breathes, living and unliving all at once.

One day, in summer, lightning strikes its trunk, and the damage is so severe that, for a time, it seems the eternal tree might finally die.

A voice. "I return"

Instead, it restarts again, begins again, and grows through the seasons, but something is different. There is corruption, the trauma has changed how the tree grows, the dreams are now nightmares, and the wishes become hateful acts. It is still living and unliving all at once.

It bears terrible fruit.

And yet, it seems to grow more vital than ever, a changed and twisted thing. When lightning next strikes, it reaches out its clawed branches further than before. The darkness flows from it to the sky, to the earth. It has become a vein, an artery, a heart. It lives, and yet it does not.

A voice. "I always come back."

<<ROLEPLAY▐▐
Winter Market 2022 - Saving the Feast with Champion - Will fails to restore a feast.
[META ORP] Called To The Caves - Will shows up at the excursion into the caves for Zikwa meta.
[PRP] In the Closet (Will + StoryEnds) - Will slips into one of the strange AUs caused by the fractured stone.
SLIME CULTIVATION -- New Slime Acquisition Thread - Will obtains a new companion.

Winter Market 2023 - [Familiars] Talking Tanuki - rolls Dec 3 - Will finds himself a tanuki for some reason.
Winter Market 2023 - Life, uh, Finds a Way [OPEN] - Will brings the gift of the Christmas Crane.
Winter Market 2023 - * ˚ ✦ Fierce Warrior's Trial of Terror (Ver. 3.0) ✦ ˚ * - Open! - Will has a vision that he is in a suit performing on a stage.
Winter Market 2023 - The Taste Tea Tribe Spills the Tea. [ Open! ] - Will is baffled by some strange gossip.
Winter Market 2023 - Help Feed the Need(y) Open! [ Open! ] - Will fails to help the homeless.
Winter Market 2023 - Sea of Tears' Fishing Season - Will has to go fishing and he hates it.
Winter Market 2023 - Gotta Catch 'Em All - OPEN - Team Leader Will is interviewed about the discovery of a new pokemon.
Winter Market 2023 - Space Oddity (The Children of the Night) - Will gets a glimpse at perfection before it is snatched away from him.
Winter Market 2023 - Hide And Seek! - Will plays his favourite game.
Winter Market 2023 - ✧✧ A Very Merry Winter Market ✧✧ - Open! - Will brings a wooden bunny to the tree.
Winter Market 2023 - Trek to the Caves (Open) - Will goes on a trip to the zikwa caverns.
Winter Market 2023 - Return of the Stump - Will is forced to confess what he doesn't want to at all..
Timorous' Flower Ball Throw ❀ ✿ ❀ OPEN - WEEK 4 - Will has a long talk with another version of StoryEnds
Escape from the Winter Festival! [OPEN] - Will's very own messed up AU.

-------------- SUBVERSION

[ORP] The Delightful Daycare - Clearing - Will's introduces his own version of the axe and saw.
<<ARTWORK▐▐
Tanuki Shaped I Always Come Back - Cute?
Will and a gifted snack - Tastes just like chicken
Pokemon Team Leader William - With Springy the Lopunny
A celestial nightmare - from space AU.

-------------- SUBVERSION
<<CLUTCHES▐▐
None
Last edited by Baneful on Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 1017
Baneful
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by Baneful »

▐▐ NAME>>  Broken Crown
▐▐ SPECIES>> Acha
▐▐ GENDER>> Female
▐▐ PARENTS>> N/A
▐▐ BREEDING>> UNAVAILABLE - I want to keep Broken's antlers really, that's all there is to it.
▐▐ DESCRIPTION>>  Large, athletic and powerful, someone appears to have never given Broken Crown the memo that her kind are supposed to be fragile and delicate. Raised by Totoma she moves with the sure footed certainty of one who knows the limitations and extent of her strength in an absolute fashion. Despite the immense size of her horns she carries them aloft as if they weigh nothing at all, her neck muscled and powerful.
▐▐ PERSONALITY>> Broken holds everyone she meets to the same impossible standards to which she holds herself, perceived by most as haughty and potentially cruel she fears nothing other than indignity itself and has no tolerance at all for fools or sluggards. She can be violent, dispensing brutality where she feels it is merited. The only time she plays nice or anything approaching nice is when she is allocated to a team to attain a task, the rest of the time she much prefers to be a alone with the sole exception of the company of her eagle, known as Better Not to Breathe in his natural language but nameless to her.

<<CERT▐▐
L i n k

<<LYRICS>>
But oh my heart, was flawed I knew my weakness
So hold my hand consign me not to darkness

So crawl on my belly 'til the sun goes down
I'll never wear your broken crown
I took the road and I fucked it all away
Now in this twilight, how dare you speak of grace.

- Broken Crown - Mumford and Sons -

▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Better Not to Breathe 
▐▐ FAMILIAR PERSONALITY>> Breathe is singularly devoted to Broken, hostile and often dangerous to any other creature who tries to touch him. He lands on her horns to rest and brings her morsels and small creatures to eat. He is her eyes over long distances and she is his swift feet and protection while he rests. Together they make a dangerous pair, united by their love of the hunt.

▐▐ NAMING DREAM>>
The thunder of hooves, the rolling thunderstorm unfurled before the strong.
Stop
The heart stops. Their heart stops.
Drop, drop over the -
Run, run. Almost. Almost.
Run until even the foolish heart fears you, fluttering against ribs, desperate, butterfly quick, escape, escape. Stumble,
they stumble.
Stop.
Never stop, life is motion, outrun the dark, outrun the end. Become the darkness.
More.
Rule the weak, break defiance, trample artifice.
Seize this broken crown.
<<ROLEPLAY▐▐
Thread Name - Description.

<<CLUTCHES▐▐

Last edited by Baneful on Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 431
Baneful
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by Baneful »

▐▐ NAME>>  Wrong
▐▐ SPECIES>> Totoma
▐▐ GENDER>> Male
▐▐ PARENTS>> N/A
▐▐ BREEDING>> UNAVAILABLE - Wrong is choosy about his partners and would need a solid experimental reason to take someone up on it.
▐▐ DESCRIPTION>>  Large and soft with sleek ivory fur, Wrong is lacking in the sturdy armour found in other Totoma. This is not of concern to him as he is delicately spoken not inclined to fight.
▐▐ PERSONALITY>> Wrong can be intensely argumentative and thinks the rest of the world is full of idiots. He specialises in experimentation on living things, often carrying out cruel little psychological tests on the unwary. On the flip side he can be kind and helpful when the mood takes him, and he has a lot of experience treating battle scars, hunting wounds and other common Totoma maladies.

<<CERT▐▐
L i n k

<<LYRICS>>

Tell me your secrets
And ask me your questions
Oh let's go back to the start
Running in circles, coming up tails
Heads on a science apart

- The Scientist - Coldplay -

▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> N/A

▐▐ NAMING STORY>>
They consistently told him that discovery and investigation were no place for a Totoma, that even though he had never so much as seen a tundra, was small and without armoured scales that he should think of honour and battle at all times. He preferred to think about how things functioned and what went on inside the living creatures of the swamp.

He wasn't a fighter and frankly thought there were better ways to do everything than what he was told again and again by his elders, his stubbornness was renowned.

Each time he was told how things should be, he would rant and argue and bitterly defy it until eventually, - in a way that felt completely natural to everyone else in the herd - he became known simply as Wrong.

It was just incidental that was what he called everyone else right back.

<<ROLEPLAY▐▐

<<CLUTCHES▐▐
Last edited by Baneful on Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 325
Baneful
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by Baneful »

▐▐ NAME>> Half Waking
▐▐ SPECIES>> Kiokote
▐▐ GENDER>> Male
▐▐ PARENTS>> Bumbling x Fair
▐▐ BREEDING>> Waking will sleep with anything. He has a competition to see how many kids he can have even.
▐▐ DESCRIPTION>> Half Waking is a tough, athletic Kio who is all sleek muscle and strength. He runs everywhere, eats well and is in constant competition with his sibling Half Sleep. His mane is sleek and luxuriant and the sprig of whatever choice plant he has currently found is always nestled snugly into his tail to be shown off as best as he can while he charges around. He smiles often, cheerful in spite of (or perhaps because of) his relatively low IQ. He carries himself with confidence and is often rather easy going and approachable in posture, ears perking brightly when someone approaches him to talk.
▐▐ PERSONALITY>> Half Waking is not smart. This is a sad fact, he is rather unintelligent in many ways more through intellectual laziness than any natural defect in this department. He treats mental exertion as an unendurable chore and will recoil at the very thought of it. He leaves things up to other people to deal with when they involve any significant degree of thought and will only leap into action when the challenge is physical. Most at home with females, Waking is a bit of a romeo suspicious and uncertain around males, not quite sure how to behave or what the rules of engagement are. He would fight if forced to, but generally prefers to be a lover rather than a fighter and leave the decisions very much in the hands of any prospective does.
<<CERT▐▐
L i n k

<<LYRICS>>
Half sleep, half waking: but as yet, I swear,
I cannot truly say how I came here;

- A Midsummer Night's Dream -

▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Run Fast
▐▐ FAMILIAR PERSONALITY>> Quick on his paws and all nimble speed, Waking's companion is one of the few creatures who can outrun him on a daily basis. Fragile yet staunchly independent, he tends to follow protectively along behind or alongside his chosen ward, dedicated to keeping an eye on the often trouble-prone kio.

▐▐ NAMING DREAM>>
]<<ROLEPLAY▐▐
Hibiscus RP Event - Half Waking takes part in a Hibiscus game.
META ORP - Claiming the First Obelisk - Waking finds the Obelisk.
SOLO - Finding One's Hooves - A solo.
Geckos Kissing Booth - Waking Doesn't Find a Frog at the Winter Event
Can You and Negatives Treasure Flip - Waking Loses at the Shell Game.
Rise and Shine - Egg Cracking Eggsellence - Waking eats an egg.

<<CLUTCHES▐▐

[url=http://mato.pe/kin/view/broken-crown]
Last edited by Baneful on Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 432
Baneful
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by Baneful »

▐▐ NAME>> Rough
▐▐ SPECIES>>Acha
▐▐ GENDER>> Male
▐▐ BREEDING>> He's not interested.
▐▐ DESCRIPTION>>  The first thing most people notice about Rough is his weight. He is downright pudgy for an acha, with a soft round belly and plump haunches. Pretty much everything about him is soft, from the downy fur on his chest to the soft wispy fluff of his tail. He seems to almost beg to be touched simply by existing. His manner is always as soft as his appearance and his voice is calm and gentle. He is almost never seen to lose his temper, even when sorely tested by the most mischievous member of his tribe and he is certainly not built to fight, small in size if not in girth.
▐▐ PERSONALITY>> Submissive and friendly, Rough wants to be everyone's friend and in fact it seems as if he would like nothing better. He acts, enjoying parts with the players in the faerie tribe and most of all fond of Lackwit who he sees as a mentor of sorts. Many kin say that Rough doesn't have a bad bone in his body and when pondering the origin of his naming dream can only surmise that he was born to tolerate whatever roughness the world has to offer with an even smile and gentle manner.
<<CERT▐▐
L i n k

<<LYRICS>>
Red velvet, vanilla, chocolate in my life
Confetti, I'm ready, I need it every night
Red velvet, vanilla,
Chocolate in my life
I keep on hoping
We'll eat cake by the ocean

- Cake by the Ocean - DNCE -

▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Split 
▐▐ FAMILIAR PERSONALITY>> Obedient only to Rough, Split is hostile to anyone else who tries to approach him.

▐▐ NAMING DREAM>>
<<ROLEPLAY▐▐
PRP - Name - Participants - Description
Event -Storytelling - Rough + Others - Rough listens to some wonderful stories.

<<CLUTCHES▐▐
Last edited by Baneful on Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 301
Baneful
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by Baneful »

▐▐ NAME>> Repeats Mistakes
▐▐ SPECIES>>Totoma
▐▐ GENDER>> Male
▐▐ BREEDING>> Maybe somewhere
▐▐ DESCRIPTION>>  Repeats is an extremely tough Totoma. He lives for the fight and finds it one of the few times when he feels truly happy or satisfied. His fur is long and sleek, mingling from grey and white to a vibrant and wild ginger colour. There is a ferocity in his often intense gaze and everything about his movements are as if he is on the brink of trying to start an argument with the universe.
▐▐ PERSONALITY>>Ostracized from his peers, Rep has always been used to being on the outskirts and has convinced himself he likes it that way. He drives off anyone who makes any attempt to get close to him tends to do most things entirely on his own. He has no qualms with flirting with females, but is just as likely to harm them as do anything more pleasant with them. Despite his best attempts at hostility he is actually very drawn towards others and sociable and his self enforced ostracism is tough to endure.
<<CERT▐▐
L i n k

<<LYRICS>>
Stood still on a highway
I saw a woman
By the side of the road
With a face that I knew like my own
Reflected in my window
Well she walked up to my quarterlight
And she bent down real slow
A fearful pressure paralysed me in my shadow
She said 'son what are you doing here
My fear for you has turned me in my grave'
I said 'mama I come to the valley of the rich
Myself to sell'
She said 'son this is the road to hell'

On your journey cross the wilderness
From the desert to the well
You have strayed upon the motorway to hell

- Road to hell- Chris Rea -

▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Big One 
▐▐ FAMILIAR PERSONALITY>> Huge and terrifying, devoted to Repeats and to Wee One.
▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Wee One
▐▐ FAMILIAR PERSONALITY>> Small and very intelligent, the brains of the operation.

▐▐ NAMING STORY>>
Known for his short temper, this totoma did not get along well with others, aggressive and solitary he was often left high on a hillside to watch out for danger, here he could do no harm and spare dissent and unhappiness among his peers. But even consigned to this far off place, his temper was an issue. Many times rocks fell from the cliff lookout point because he had gotten irritated at flies or bugs and tried to headbutt them or crush them with his strong hooves. Large even by totoma standards, he was a danger to himself and others. Time and time again he was warned about the danger of the cliffs and how he could cause serious damage and time and time again he forgot.

It was only one day, when fog lay thick on the ground, creeping over everything and shrouding it in thick and hazy shadows that he was truly called to task. A group of predators crept in, visible only to him, in the direction of his fellows, oblivious to the danger they were in. He didn't dare call out lest he alert the predators, and they were too close to run. So he did what he had always done best and set about engineering the largest rock slide yet, using his sturdy hooves and horns to roll boulders down the slope, saving the others from danger.

From this relatively clever act in the face of danger, he earned the name Repeats Mistakes and wore it proudly, because sometimes there really was a benefit in repeating mistakes.
<<ROLEPLAY▐▐
Solo- Occult Grove - Just Rep - Rep hates the bad touch zikwa. 500 words
Solo- Trick or Treating - Just Rep - x - Two days of trick or treating.
[META ORP] Journey to the Mountains - Trip to the obelisk.
[HUNT ORP] Journey to the Mountains - The Eagle.

Under word count
Solo- Skeleton Grove - Just Rep - x - Skeleton Rep.

<<CLUTCHES▐▐
Last edited by Baneful on Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 653
Baneful
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by Baneful »

▐▐ NAME>>  Boar
▐▐ SPECIES>> Totoma
▐▐ GENDER>> Male
▐▐ PARENTS>> N/A
▐▐ BREEDING>> Do you want to know?
▐▐ DESCRIPTION>>  Thor is a huge, imposing creature, large even for a Totoma, who is all looming muscle and threat. He smells deep and musky, with just a hint of boar and his voice is a sultry rumble. His armour scales gleam and his front hooves are typically caked with blood. Everything about him feels predatory and his mouth is full of very sharp teeth with golden gums and tongue. He smiles, but it's not pleasant at all when he does. Underneath him on his stomach is a strange toothy maw that growls and moves.

▐▐ PERSONALITY>> Ruthless and unpredictable, Thor is a violent and powerful kin. He has always been part of a truly horrible tribe and is in charge of the Gluttony herd. He can be surprisingly insightful and intelligent, but is always a capricious and easily slighted nightmare to interact with.
<<CERT▐▐
L i n k

<<LYRICS>>

You should see me in a crown
I'm gonna run this nothing town
Watch me make 'em bow
One by one by, one
One by one by

- You Should See Me in a Crown - Billie Eilish -

▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Hungry
▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Never Satisfied
▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Pig
▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Famine

▐▐ NAMING DREAM>>
He was born in a desperate litter of two in the maw of winter. His smaller twin sibling did not make it to adolescence and his mother was a grand and brutal beast who expected him to keep up with her or join his twin in the snow. They did not have a herd at that time and he did not have a father. Life was hard and life was always, always hungry. The snow was deep and thick with the forest even thicker. When she tried to kill him, he didn't take it personally, it was another mouth, another hunger gnawing at her survival, but he was stronger, he had been born stronger and grown up into a larger brute than she. She sustained him. The Totoma that he met on his trip to the swamp cared about honour, but he did not. No one knows where he found the pigs and boars, but they respected his strength and he devoured their weak and infirm. With no herd of his own, he became known simply to the others as Boar, and his name was earned from infamy.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

<<ROLEPLAY▐▐
[FOAWP2]A generous donation (Boar and Stalker Owl) - Boar meets Stalker owl at the spring event.
[FOAWP3] Nom (Boar and Stalker Owl) - A very strange firefly game honestly.
[FOAWP4] Dandelion Dreams (Boar, Stalker Owl, Follow the Light) - Boar eats some dandelions and makes a wish.
[PRP] Relax a little. (Boar)  - Boar bothers someone new.
FAMILIAR CHASE: Dice/Writing Game - Nudibranches - Through Oct 6 - Boar eats motes

ADDITIONAL RP POINTS
https://matope-swamp.com/forums/https://matope-swamp.com/newforums/viewtopic.php?t=4 5 Extra RP Points

<<ART▐▐

<<TOTAL RP NUMBERS▐▐
-
<<CLUTCHES▐▐
Last edited by Baneful on Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 506
Baneful
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by Baneful »

▐▐ NAME>>  Cockscomb
▐▐ SPECIES>> Kio
▐▐ GENDER>> Female - Goes by male pronouns
▐▐ PARENTS>> None
▐▐ BREEDING>> Plot availiable
▐▐ DESCRIPTION>>  Cox is a truly enormous Kio, even by the standards of his kind, he is muscular, fit and masculine with a deep booming voice and shimmering tail. He has no end of elegant feathering and moves with confidence and power in every step. When he runs, the ground thunders. He is rarely without a smile.
▐▐ PERSONALITY>> Cheerful and loyal, Cox is the devout knight of Fair, fully devoted to serving his mistress and furthering the growth of the seelie members of the tribe. Much like the rest of the seelie, he is more than happy to relax with a bit of fun and enjoy the finer things in life. He has an insatiable appetite for adventure and is incredibly fond of fire.

<<CERT▐▐
L i n k

<<LYRICS>>

Sumer is icumen in
Lhude sing cuccu
Groweþ sed
and bloweþ med
and springþ þe wde nu
Sing cuccu

- Sumer is icumen in - Unknown -

▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Thrice 
▐▐ FAMILIAR PERSONALITY>> Thrice is Cox's clever eyes in the sky, raised since she was a hatchling, saved from a Cliffside by the daredevil Kio. She is tightly bonded to him and will do anything for her partner.

▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Watcher 
▐▐ FAMILIAR PERSONALITY>> Another set of wings and another set of eyes, watcher is more capricious than thrice and demands loyalty and care from his owner, both of which Cox eagerly provides.

▐▐ NAMING DREAM>>

<<ROLEPLAY▐▐
Event - The Bonfire - Cox and Others - Cox dances on his last night as king

<<CLUTCHES▐▐
Last edited by Baneful on Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 264
Baneful
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by Baneful »

▐▐ NAME>>  Bizarre
▐▐ SPECIES>> Kio
▐▐ GENDER>> Male
▐▐ PARENTS>> None
▐▐ BREEDING>> Nope
▐▐ DESCRIPTION>> Zar is a very large kio with very strange features. His horns are shiny and sharp, his hooves strong and dangerous and the long terrifying tail he was somehow born with as a mutation is all muscle.
▐▐ PERSONALITY>> Fussy, sensitive and judgemental to an extreme, Zar likes to complain about literally everything. He enjoys arguing and prefers to keep his innermost thoughts to himself.

<<CERT▐▐
L i n k

<<LYRICS>>
Cause we’ll be sinners by the book

But we’ll have each others arms

To fall upon each other as we look up at the stars

Cast outside of heaven but I think I’ll take my risk

to live a life of pain than to live without your kiss
-
Forbidden Fruit - Leo James Conroy

▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> N/A
▐▐ FAMILIAR PERSONALITY>> N/A

▐▐ NAMING DREAM>>
index.php?topic=1819.new#new

<<ARTWORK▐▐

[PRP] Leap in front of the Moon - Zar jumping artwork. - 2
[PRP] Hissssss - Zar being hissy as usual.  - 2
[PRP]  Fashionable Barth - Zar wearing Bath as the most excellent boa.. - 4
[PRP] Sandbar Zar - Zar thoughtfully sitting on the sandbar. - 2

Total - 10

<<ROLEPLAY▐▐
[PRP] Doubt (Zar + Bath) - After the mountain, Zar is restless.  +5
[G] Got Wood (Zar + Bath)  Gathering wood.  +5
[H] Prey (Bizarre)  Zar hunts a hare.  +1
[G] Mud Bath & Bizarre   Zar and Bath gather berries.  +5
[MAZE] Zar's Trip Through the Maze - Zar tackles the maze. +1
The Banquet ORP - Zar falls in the apple bobbing pool. +5
SUMMER SOMEWHERE - Tribe Event ORP! Come to the beach! - Zar visits the sandbar! +5

SUMMER SOMEWHERE! - RRT & The Sand Bar Joint Event - Zar tells a story about a defiant little star. STORYTELLING REQ  +1
  [PRP] An Ardent Missive (Bath + Zar) - Zar and Bath discuss a thing +5

Winter Market

Grey Garden's Seed Exchange [Open!] - Zar helps find some seed pods and thinks wistfully about Mud Bath  +1
Lost Apathy's Winter Bounty - Zar steals some acorns to use as bait later on. +1
Rosegrave's Rose Garden - Roses upset Zar, but he ultimately wants one anyway. +1
Lucky's what is under the shell Game - Open  - Zar decides to gamble even though he doesn't believe in it. +1
The Winter Gacha Stump [Open!] - Zar puts an acorn in the stump and gets nothing.  +1
The Circle of Seers (Day 1) [Open!] - Zar absolutely hates getting his fortune told. +1
Breach's Siren Song Booth - A terrible effort to get a whale shark.  +1

Total - 40 points

Grand total - 50 points

<<CLUTCHES▐▐

None

Last edited by Baneful on Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 435
Baneful
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by Baneful »

▐▐ NAME>>  Dominant
▐▐ SPECIES>> Kimeti
▐▐ GENDER>> Male
▐▐ PARENTS>> None
▐▐ BREEDING>> No, he's like 99 percent infertile. Sex is another matter.
▐▐ DESCRIPTION>>  Beautiful and incredibly oily.
▐▐ PERSONALITY>> Lazy. Intensely and utterly lazy. Selfish to an extreme. Avoidant of his own problems.
<<CERT▐▐
L i n k

<<LYRICS>>

I'm waiting in the dark
Waiting for a dark light
To show me the way

I'm hiding from the world
Trapped by my ambition
Drowning in my fear

You're welcome to stand in my place
You're welcome to feel what I feel
You're welcome to live my life
You're welcome to sleep in my bed of thorns

You're Welcome.

Bed of Thorns - Gary Numan

▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Nugget
▐▐ FAMILIAR PERSONALITY>> Loyal, intent on grooming his master. Too oily to fly very far.

▐▐ NAMING DREAM>>

Words

<<ROLEPLAY▐▐
50 Shades of Black - [CLOSED] - Dominant runs a booth at winter market.
5 points !! ORP !! - Summer's Song - In Summer, he follows the Harbinger.
5 points META ORP - Called to the Caves - Dominant is sent to a place he doesn't want to go.
1 point The Great Claw's Grand Competition - Dominant pulls a sled a small distance and his work is done.
1 point Sea of Tears' Fish Problem (open!) - Dominant catches a fish.
1 point Whispering Smoke: Truth is in the Bark (Week 2 Open!) - Dominant talks about himself and about oracle bark.

5 points ORP with Steals Fire - Dominant is a nuisance as usual.
1 pointFAMILIAR CHASE: Dice/Writing Game - Nudibranches - Through Oct 6 - Dominant catches some motes!
1 pointFAMILY HELPER PROMPT: Poetry Contest - Neons - Through Oct 14th - Dominant makes up a poem
1 pointWISDOM HELPER PROMPT: Story Contest - Tree Bucks - Through Oct 10th - Dominant tells a story

<<ART▐▐

2 points Dom Reclining - Dominant at his booth.

24/50

Last edited by Baneful on Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 304
Baneful
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by Baneful »

▐▐ NAME>>  Shining One
▐▐ SPECIES>> Acha
▐▐ GENDER>> Male (mostly)
▐▐ PARENTS>> None
▐▐ BREEDING>> N/A
▐▐ DESCRIPTION>>  Stunningly beautiful.
▐▐ PERSONALITY>> Arrogant to an extreme, self obsessed and cold. Shining one is convinced utterly that he is perfection incarnate. Flawless and proud, he cannot be convinced otherwise. He's rarely seen without his stalwart companion White Stone.

<<CERT▐▐
L i n k

<<LYRICS>>

Ever on and on
I continue circling
With nothing but my hate
And the carousel of agony
Till slowly I forget and my heart starts vanishing
And suddenly I see that I can't
Break free

- Bad Apple!! - RichaadEB -

▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Fall
▐▐ FAMILIAR PERSONALITY>> Brings news on the swiftest feet, obedient and cautious with a clever mind and clever feet.

▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> Pride
▐▐ FAMILIAR PERSONALITY>> Elegant and devoted, a silent ghostly crane who casts the faintest light even in deepest darkness.

▐▐ NAMING DREAM>>

<<ROLEPLAY▐▐
Bark! Bark! Bark! - Fell offers a bone to some unappreciative muskwolves.
The Great Claw's Grand Competition [12/13] - Fell tells a story that is near to his heart. - STORYTELLING

<<CLUTCHES▐▐
Last edited by Baneful on Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 177
Baneful
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by Baneful »

▐▐ NAME>>  The Voice
▐▐ SPECIES>> Acha
▐▐ GENDER>> Male
▐▐ PARENTS>> None
▐▐ BREEDING>> Nah
▐▐ DESCRIPTION>> 
▐▐ PERSONALITY>>

<<CERT▐▐
L i n k

<<LYRICS>>

Angels on the sideline again.
Benched along with patience and reason.
Angels on the sideline again
Wondering when this tug of war will end.

- Right in Two - Tool

▐▐ FAMILIAR NAME>> None

▐▐ NAMING DREAM>>

<<ROLEPLAY▐▐
Last edited by Baneful on Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 73