[PRP] Presaging Uncertainty [Cosmic Traveller x Gathering Wings]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
doomsayer
Pebbles: 1,850.94 Pebbles

Post by doomsayer »

Ever since she was a foal, she has had these dreams and visions. When she asked other older kin about them, some laughed, and some treated her with derision. No one ever really helped her shed any light on why she was seeing these things and what the nature of these things actually were.

She looks up at the stars because her nights are filled with dreams. She cannot remember the last time she had a full night of restful slumber. Sometimes the dreams are fantastical; showing her things beyond the swamp, her kin, their culture. Sometimes the dreams are of daily life; showing what could be and may have been. Sometimes the dreams are just colors; splashes of vibrance in motion, refusing to let her mind be still. And then sometimes the dreams are terrifying: views of the swamp burning; kin eating each other from starvation; monsters from the deep climbing from the sea and dragging kin under; creatures she's only seen in her dreams coming from beyond the mountains or the sky and taking and killing kin. No, she can't remember the last time she's had a good night's sleep.

She does not know if what she sees will come to pass, but she knows that if some knowledge of the future can at least help others, she will not stop using her gift. So she tells anyone who bothers to listen about her latest dreams. She focuses her vision on any kin who would approach her to see if she can see their fortune--even if most of those who do act with ulterior motives.

She takes her spot on a basking rock and welcomes anyone who would care to use her sight and listen to what she will see.

Do you want to know what tomorrow may bring?
word count: 306
HuniPi
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 3,213.44 Pebbles

[PRP] Presaging Uncertainty [Cosmic Travller x Gathering Wings]

Post by HuniPi »

Gathering Wings was a wanderer, a nomad, a traveler across all landscapes. He enjoys seeing new vistas, having new experiences, and he especially takes great pleasure in meeting new kin. The strange obelisks dotting across the world (or at least the world he knows his body moves through) have been very helpful to him and his expeditions. While he never has any knowledge on what lies ahead or where he is going, he has the utmost confidence that he is meant to be there, to get there.

And so when his hooves take him out of the space-between-spaces, he finds himself somewhere cold. But something about the air here is familiar? Well, no, the rocky outcrops and formation here are new to the acha. What is familiar is that sensation of strangeness, of otherness. And this puts a smile on his face as he begins to explore.

Eventually, he comes across a kiokote who seems to have settled here. Without a second thought, he trots up to her, light on his feet, practically skipping in delight. He opens his mouth to greet her when she instead speaks first.

Wings doesn't pause in his steps as he ponders the doe's question, and answers only when he's face to face with her. "Oooh, I never know what tomorrow brings. But I'm open to hints~"
word count: 228
doomsayer

Post by doomsayer »

The Acha's response to her offer was... different from any reaction she had ever had to it before. He had admitted to his ignorance of what the future may hold, yet she felt a suave self-assurance radiating from him. She hopes that what she sees from him is not dire.

She stands, her starry hide glittering in the cold dimness of the low light, and hops off of the stone she had been resting on. She walks towards him, admiring the glow that his markings casts on the surrounding dimness, as though he was producing his own light.

"My name is Cosmic Traveller. Do you understand what I am offering to you? Even if your future may be bleak, would you still want to know of it?"
Last edited by doomsayer on Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 129
HuniPi
Patron
Patron

Post by HuniPi »

In his travels, Gathering Wings had heard of kin who had been granted gifts by the Motherfather, perhaps this doe was one of them and that she'd been granted the gift of sight? He had no reason to think otherwise. Even if he also heard that these specific kin were stags and mares, having never met one before, he had no frame of reference. So he would take the kiokote at her word, maintaining an open mind to the possibility.

"My name is Gathering Wings," he says, "And I can't really say that I do understand. But nothing so far is making me feel apprehensive. A bleak future becomes a bleak present and that becomes a bleak past."

He beams at her, "Lay it on me, Cosmic Traveller. And do I need to do anything?"

Her hesitancy makes him wonder just what it is she sees that would make her so apprehensive. Was it that bad? If it was, that she is still able and willing to be the bearer of bad news speaks greatly of her character. At least, that's how Wings saw it.
word count: 188
doomsayer

Post by doomsayer »

She watches his expression carefully as he speaks. It is rare that someone interested in her omens has not yet shown any outward sign of mockery or skepticism at her offer now that she is trying to clarify the dangers of knowing. It does not feel like he is indifferent or unprepared for the consequences. To her, it looks like he is genuinely curious. This is something she's never experienced before--for someone to hear of her gift and not hold any prior judgment.

I simply have to touch a part of you.

Without further asking, she holds the tip of her hoof to his--the minimum requirement for contact. She should have steeled herself. She is caught off guard by what happens next.

A rush of images and feelings. The sensation of warmth and security that only the interior of an egg can provide.
The freedom running through a grassy knoll as a foal.
The curiosity of looking out at the lands beyond the swamp and the burgeoning desire to see what hasn't been seen.
The freezing bite of winter, the warmth of spring, heat of summer, the crisp cold of autumn.
A vision of her. A feeling of companionship. An emotion she can't describe.
The pangs of the ache. Almost at the brink of pain, but a felling of resistance trying to overcome it.
The rising of the water. Desperation surrounding a great migration.

She gasps as the vision leaves her back in control of her senses. The fur on her neck and back standing from the suddenness of it all. She had never seen herself in someone else's future before. She isn't sure what it means. What is the vision trying to tell her? She focuses on looking at the acha again, her expression distressed.

Where are you going?
Last edited by doomsayer on Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 307
HuniPi
Patron
Patron

Post by HuniPi »

When she said she would have to touch him, Wings leaned towards her, intending on pressing his forehead to hers. He was a little disappointed that she settled with simply touching his hoof but he wasn't going to voice this. He wasn't certain what else she needed him to do, and simply continued to wai-

The kio's sharp gasp had him concerned, and he was beside her on instinct. "Are you alright?"

When she asked him about where he was going, he had to really think on it. "I don't really know? Something tugs at me to go one direction after another. Why? What did you see? Was it that bad?"
word count: 115
doomsayer

Post by doomsayer »

She feels him shift to her side which causes her to lean on him, forgetting herself and the appropriateness of the situation. She is confused and worried, and the strength in her legs feel as though they've been sapped away. His body is warm, comforting... She lifts her head so that the two of them are eye to eye beside each other.

It ended... the same as most. At least your future doesn't involve the monsters. But I saw that you will go very far away one day. So far that the ache will cause you serious pain. And I also saw... myself. I've never seen myself in someone else's vision before. We haven't met before, have we?
Last edited by doomsayer on Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 123
HuniPi
Patron
Patron

Post by HuniPi »

Rather than fear or concern for himself, the apprehension the acha has is for the kiokote doe in front of him. He wasn't exactly the strong heroic type, he'd always seen himself more of the one who got into trouble for going into things without a moment's hesitation. "Monsters, eh? I'm very confident in my feet knowing how to get me out of trouble. Right after they get me into it."

He jokes, hoping to ease her worries, and makes no move to change their situation. Any shift in weight is to make sure she's comfortable. He doesn't mind the contact, no he doesn't mind it at all. Rather, he's happy to be someone's anchor as he'd never been one before.

"I do get around but I would have remembered meeting you before. Then again..." he trails off, "All this does feel familiar. Maybe we have met in another life just in different forms."
word count: 164
doomsayer

Post by doomsayer »

In another life huh? She smiles at his attempt to provide a mystical reasoning to her already ineffable gift.

A long moment passes before she realizes that she is fully putting her weight on his side. She shoots up and hops away from him, swaying slightly as she tries to get her legs under her again.

Sorry about that. My visions don't usually affect me that way. I guess...

It could be because I saw myself, maybe? Would you mind if I tried to delve deeper? It would require... a more... direct contact. We would have to touch foreheads. But only if you're okay with that.
word count: 108
HuniPi
Patron
Patron

Post by HuniPi »

Wings felt the loss of the doe's weight almost regretful. But he brightened immediately when she requested to touch foreheads. He didn't worry if he seemed too eager, there was a purpose to the contact after all and it was by her initiative. "I'd be delighted!" So much so that he was already leaning towards her as he spoke.

"You know, I've always wanted to have a companion whenever I traveled." He was not so forward as to ask, but if she seemed interested then he would be more direct in his invitation. For now, he was content to be having this strange but fascinating moment with her.
word count: 112
doomsayer

Post by doomsayer »

She didn't expect him to ask her such a thing. Did he pick up on her interest? Was she so painfully obvious? All she knows is that he is already leaning forward to touch his head to hers and she can feel the heat on her cheeks. Does he see her blushing? Focus Cosmic, focus!

When their foreheads touch, there is a spark. She tries to keep her focus only on those visions of his future that could possibly contain her. Will she be his demise? Will he be hers? Will they meet the same fate in the same place?

A feeling of exhaustion, a happy exhaustion that one feels after taking a long hike with someone worth spending time with.

An image of him and her, working together to get across a river. There is great effort there, but there is also an earnestness. A willingness of both parties to be in this situation with each other.

Tangled limbs in the dim light of dusk. Warmth. Desire. Contentment.

Genuine laughter from her in the midst of other kin. She is not listening to the ridicule or mockery. She is just focused on the moment, with him.

A great sadness. A feeling of loss. She can't pinpoint if these are his or her emotions.

They part gently, her eyes meeting his gaze, realizing that he has been watching her intently this whole time. If she wasn't blushing before, she definitely is now.

She takes a deep breath, doing her best to center herself before speaking.

"It looks like your future is different from all the ones I've seen before. You're going to go to a lot of different places and meet a lot of different kin. I see success in your future."

She pauses for a moment, only hesitating for a second before making up her mind.

"You know, I don't really get to travel much. So I don't really get to recognize the places that show up in my visions. I don't really know if I'm built for it, but you seem like you're used to it by now. An expert of sorts....

I don't know where your headed to after this, but I'd very much like if you could take me with you."
word count: 387
HuniPi
Patron
Patron

Post by HuniPi »

Gathering Wings didn't want to seem too intense to a kin he'd just met, but he couldn't help himself. He smiled at the blush but knew better than to point it out. Instead, focusing his attention to her predictions of his future, keeping a keen ear out for anything hints that he wouldn't be alone in them. And not in the sense of new encounters but rather of a kin together with him.

"It's not always an easy journey nor is it always safe. But if you feel you're up for it," he smiles, dancing a little in place as if warming up to already get a move on things. "I'd be the happiest kin to go together."
word count: 125