[B] The Flower Does WHAT?! (Bay Sleep x Guardian of Life)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
lilacfishie
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 4,153.76 Pebbles
Avatar Art Credit: space crawfish

Post by lilacfishie »

Bay Sleep trotted along some well known paths, wondering where he might find her. The Mothborn tribe members weren't exactly holed up somewhere like those of The Cres, as far as he knew. And he didn't know much. Whipping his big head this way and that, he tried to see if he could spot the pale mare amongst the dense foliage of the Swamp. "Auntie!" he called, trying to brush away the mild concern in his tone. He didn't want to worry her while he was hollering for her through the trees.

He hoped she could actually hear him. Bay Sleep didn't want to disturb the entire Swamp for no reason. That wouldn't be very nice. "Auntie, are you around?" he called shortly after. The lanky buck knew the mare dwelled somewhere nearby, but where exactly was beyond him. Hopefully he'd catch sight of her soon, whichever form she ended up being in.
Lirilei wrote:
word count: 161
Lirilei
Herald
Herald
Pebbles: 6,551.36 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

Guardian of Life had helped clean up the area the Mothborn booth had occupied, saying farewell to new friends and old alike, and though she saw neither the tall, awkward kimeti, or the zikwa with his snake, that seemed to fancy the endearing but clueless buck she had a hope she'd see one of them again and sooner rather than later.

They were some distance away, heading back towards home, when she felt it, the pull of a kin in need of a blessing... and she heeded the call with a warm "I'll catch up." to the others in the tribe and heading back the direction they'd come notes of understanding from those she traveled with. It was as she got closer she heard it, heard him calling out to her. That 'Auntie' clear as could be as she got close enough and there she gave a low chuckle to herself.

"I'm here!" she called out to the buck she'd come to know, their quiet treat filled conversations a wonderful way to pass time in the booth. It didn't take long for her to find him, and as she closed the distance between them, she laid her head lightly against his neck. "Now, I know you couldn't have put your hoof in your mouth around Rot, and my son and his muskwolf aren't around to chase you off....you didn't eat something the twins left laying around did you?" a soft teasing note from her, because she could feel this wasn't it at all. "I'm teasing you Bay Sleep. I felt your need before I heard your calling for me. I'm glad to see you once more, if for no other reason than to say goodbye before returning to my tribes home. However, I'm pleased it's for more than just goodbye. Now, talk to me young one." her tone gentle with the lanky buck she felt warm affection for. He was a kind buck, if a little out of his element now and again.
lilacfishie wrote:
word count: 350
lilacfishie
Patron
Patron

Post by lilacfishie »

Bay Sleep was so relieved to hear the soft voice of the pale mare. Focusing his trotting to her direction instead of aimless loping about, he was soon standing in front of the taller kimeti. The comforting feeling of her head on him made him take a deep breath. "I'm sure we will keep seeing each other, even if it's just at the Market," Bay Sleep said, nuzzling into her. The delight and comfort again may have distracted him for a moment. Shocker. After a few minutes, and some prompting by Guardian of Life, the lanky buck found himself back on track.

"Do you remember that zikwa with the snake? Sandworm? He showed up a lot at the Mothborn booth and also seemed to upset the others a lot..." he started, thinking back. "We finally met up and got to know each other more. Over one of the treats from the booth! It was a lot of fun." Bay Sleep paused again, his face moving to one of confusion, and a bit of sheepishness. "He makes me feel all warm inside. And very happy. One of my friends at The Cres gave me a flower to give him while we were spending more time together and then Sandworm ate it which I didn't know was supposed to happen and we got a little closer and did some private things and everything was great but now Sandworm tells me that we are going to have babies?" The clueless buck blabbed on, only stopping when he had to draw breath. Clearing his throat, he met eyes with the mare once again. "I really like Sandworm. Those are the right words, yeah. And I want him and...our...babies to be okay, Auntie." His eyes were shining, his expression a plea to the mare now that he'd worked himself up again.
Lirilei wrote:
word count: 314
Lirilei
Herald
Herald

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

"I'm sure you're right about that, I'll make sure of it." the buck held a special place in her heart, finding him endearing in his own awkward way and she was sure he'd find his place in life eventually. Even if it was a rocky path.

"I do remember him yes. You both made quite a mark on Leech and Rejected." a softly amused note from her as she said that. "He talked about you a bit with me..." she let that hang in the air as she continued to listen. "I'm very glad the two of you managed to get to know one another better." really! There a low chuckle from her hearing how the other buck made him feel. It was a good feeling she knew.

Listening though she broke into a slightly louder laugh though it was still gentle. "Those flowers are certainly interesting aren't they? I've heard about their involvement in two bucks, or two does being able to have young together." there a warm note from him. "Firstly, let me congratulate you on the fact you'll be a father. Second I'm glad to hear you like him, as for him and the babies, that's the third thing, and I, or someone like me, another Mare or even a Stag is good to talk with, to get a blessing over your children."

She rested her forehead to Bay Sleep's lightly. "Take a deep breath and let it out slowly, calm down. You're excited, and nervous and scared and it's normal. Especially the first time you become a parent, especially in a situation where you don't expect it to happen." She pulled away from him then. "You want them to be okay, that's one thing. Is there anything more you might want? Happiness? Health?" she waited patiently, allowing him time to think.

lilacfishie wrote:
word count: 322
lilacfishie
Patron
Patron

Post by lilacfishie »

Bay Sleep felt his face go warm at the concept of Sandworm talking about him to Guardian of Life. He hoped it was all good things...Bay Sleep blinked hard to bring his focus back to the present. He pressed his forehead lightly into the mare's, taking a deep breath and closing his eyes. Of course he wanted his young to be healthy and safe. Sandworm, too. But, what else? It hadn't really occurred to him. He started this venture into the more unfamiliar parts of the Swamp just knowing Guardian of Life could help him, or at least know what to do.

The lanky buck took a few moments to gather his thoughts before he pulled away. "Happiness and health, of course," he started, eyes off to the side while he thought. Bay Sleep flicked his tail, and the scaled nature of it sparked another thought. "I think I'd love if they were good swimmers," he said, knowing how happy swimming made him. He'd love to share that with his young. Sandworm, too. And Slink. Could Slink swim? Bay Sleep blinked again before meeting eyes with Guardian of Life once more.
Lirilei wrote:
word count: 198
Lirilei
Herald
Herald

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

Guardian let the buck take as much time as he needed to calm down and to think, knowing it was a lot to do right then. When he pulled away she waited patiently for him to talk, a smile on her face.

"Then may the MotherFather bless your children with health and happiness, as well as the ability to swim well. Which will hopefully also be a source of delight for them." really! She leaned in, and nuzzled just a moment at his ear. "And may you and Sandworm both be happy and healthy as well, Bay Sleep. How you met was interesting, to be sure and will give you plenty to tell to your children as they grow." a low chuckle from her then.

"Now, why don't you go find Sandworm, and spend plenty of time with him, and next we meet I expect to hear all about your young, and all the mischief you all get up to." she was beyond glad she'd been able to do this for the two bucks she'd grown fond of during their visits to the tribe booth, even if they'd ended up irritating certain members. It'd certainly been something that was for sure. "Safe travels young one, may the MotherFather watch over you and yours." a smile before she was shrinking down to her much smaller form, and vanishing into the brush to start on her way back to the tribe, and her own family knowing it was time to go, and for him to return to the Zikwa's side.

lilacfishie wrote:
word count: 266