[PRP] Dinner is to GO GO GO (Bay Sleep x Sandworm)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
lilacfishie
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 4,153.76 Pebbles
Avatar Art Credit: space crawfish

Post by lilacfishie »

The lanky buck was not interested in sticking around the Mothborn booth if the darker buck and his muskwolf were in and looking his way. Bay Sleep might not know much, but he knew when he wasn't wanted. It was a shame, he'd finally found that zikwa and tried to talk to them, too. But now, he was running out of the booth and down the Winter Market thoroughfare.

The other Winter Market goers were probably used to Bay Sleep's quick exits from that particular booth at this point. It seemed like every other day he was saying something that put his hoof directly in his mouth all the time. The kin who noticed him gave him a wide berth as he zoomed past them. It wasn't until he'd passed Feed the Need, desperately fighting with his badger over some smoked meats, and Rosegrave, lovingly comparing roses against a kin waiting for a pretty accessory, that he realized he was not alone. A familiar voice was calling out behind him.

Screeching to a halt, Bay Sleep looked behind him. Was that...Sandworm followed him out of the booth? He felt heat in his cheeks that he couldn't quite decipher at the idea. When the zikwa caught up to him, all he managed was to squeak out a, "Hi."

[217 words, 217 total]
Lirilei wrote:
Last edited by lilacfishie on Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 230
Lirilei
Herald
Herald
Pebbles: 6,551.36 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

Of course Rejected and Sunset being the quietly lurking "menaces" they were made it uncomfortable to hang around the booth though to be fair both he and Bay Sleep had put their hooves in their mouths one too many times when it came to Leech he wagered, so it was no wonder that he loomed up when they were both suddenly present at the booth at the exact same time, and ended up in the same exact place at the same exact time for once. Not that Sandworm hadn't been trying to make it happen more often it's just that Bay had longer legs...and better vision working in his favor.

"Excuse me...exc-excuse me.... watch out please." He was trying not to drop the treat that Bay had tried to share with him back at the booth, while at the same time make it through the crowd of kin. HISS "Oh, thank you Slink." he felt the slight tightening of his snake a sort of 'You're welcome' action. "Wait...hold on!" he cried out to Bay, trying to catch his attention as he squeezed between kin, sometimes it being easier than others and then well, Slink would hiss. Bless his snake for his help. He was more likely to bare his fangs than be polite if this kept up!

He could make out that the lanky buck had come to a halt finally, and he breathed out a relieved note. "Oh thank the MotherFather." he hissed out softly, treat held carefully. It was as he came to a stop by the other, that he took a calming breath, and let out a careful "Hi! I wanted to share this with you, you were so nice to bring it over to share, then we both got chased off..." he gave a little laugh then. "Lets move out of everyone's way and share this okay?"

(Word count: 311)
lilacfishie wrote:
Last edited by Lirilei on Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 324
lilacfishie
Patron
Patron

Post by lilacfishie »

Bay Sleep was a little shocked that Sandworm had followed him out. The zikwa could have spent another lovely day amongst the Mothborn tribe, trying all of their interesting snacks and such. Why would he follow him instead? Maybe he'd done some of the same silly things that he'd done at the tribe's booth too? It was hard to tell, for the lanky buck. His thoughts sort of stopped there, and there was an awkward pause before Bay Sleep realized Sandworm was actually there and actually talking to him.

"Oh," he said, trailing off. "Uh. Yeah, sure!" Bay Sleep swung his head around, looking for a better (and hopefully nicer) spot to take Sandworm so they could share the snack together. Spotting a little clearing behind some of the booths, he nodded his head in the respective direction. "How about over there? It seems like it's out of the way enough." Taking a step that way, he smiled as he led the zikwa over to the more peaceful area.

[169 words, 386 total]
Lirilei wrote:
Last edited by lilacfishie on Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 179
Lirilei
Herald
Herald

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

Sandworm just smiled a little as the buck seemed to space out while he was talking, and waited patiently for him to come back down to the ground, suppressing a laugh as he scrambled to fill that awkward pause. For whatever reason Bay Sleep just amused him to no end. Probably a good thing in the end.

"That sounds like a great idea." He followed along easily enough, Slink doing his job of keeping a small area cleared to one side of him by raising up off his body, and swaying towards other kin who got too close, effectively freaking them out, and keeping them from crashing into the Zikwa. As they made it to the little clearing and away from the kin, Slink settled back close to him and went back to his default state of just resting.

"I should have tried to grab a few more things but I was in kind of a hurry to catch you." he said as he set the treat down on a stump. "But that's okay still plenty right here for us to share, right?" how sure of that he sounded, but really, the treat, and talking was another sort of sharing. It made sense to him.

(Word count: 205, 516 total)
lilacfishie wrote:
Last edited by Lirilei on Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 213
lilacfishie
Patron
Patron

Post by lilacfishie »

Bay Sleep circled his spot at the stump before finding a comfortable way to curl up his lanky limbs to sit normally. He flicked his ears at the notion of Sandworm feeling like he should have brought more food. "No, no, this is perfect," he said, before he felt heat rising to his face again. Still, it was true. He got to sit with this nice zikwa and share their snack still! Maybe it would be an even better experience now that they weren't being glowered at by some of the Mothborn members. The lanky buck smiled before taking a small bite of the moth-shaped berry treat on the stump.

Looking over Sandworm, Bay Sleep's eyes met with the zikwa's companion. "Does your friend have a name?" he asked, smiling at the both of them. The two seemed to be together always. It would be rude not to ask! Especially, because Bay Sleep hoped, for some reason, that he could spend more time with this zikwa. He had seen a few of the zikwa from the strange Obelisk caves that had snake companions, but didn't know much beyond that. They seemed to be very close, though.

[196 words, 582 total]
Lirilei wrote:
word count: 207
Lirilei
Herald
Herald

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

Sandworm let Bay Sleep get settled first before he was easily settling as well, Slink sliding around on him as he did so he didn't end up squished in any way. He'd leaned in to take his own little bite of the treat when he was asked about Slink, and he finished taking his taste before he nodded, and once he chewed and swallowed gave the answer.

"His name is Slink." at his name Slink's tongue flicked out and he slid off Sandworms body, and along the ground, stopping in front of Bay Sleep, and he gave a low laugh. "Slink wants to say hi. Meaning he wants to slither onto you for a little bit." he was amused really watching his companion take the measure of the taller buck. "He likes you, you know. I do too so I don't blame him." not even a tiny bit, really. With a laugh he took another nibble, wanting to draw out the shared snack, and their time together.

(Word count: 167, 683 total)
lilacfishie wrote:
word count: 178
lilacfishie
Patron
Patron

Post by lilacfishie »

Bay Sleep was shocked that Slink was actually slithering off the zikwa. They seemed inseparable. He was even more shocked when the creature made its way over to him. Hearing Sandworm's explanation, he smiled down at Slink. "Oh, uh, sure!" he said. As the strong reptile slithered its way onto Bay Sleep, he tried not to jolt in surprise at the next thing Sandworm said. He felt his face getting hot, and he coughed. "Oh! I, uh, I like you too!" Before he could continue making a fool of himself, he took another bite of the tasty treat.

"How has the Swamp been treating you? I was surprised that some of the cave dwellers decided to come back with us," he asked. Some might worry about being too invasive in their first conversation with someone else, but those thoughts (and most other thoughts really) were far from Bay Sleep's mind. He just wanted to know about the buck across from him. Maybe that would explain the fluttering in his chest.

[170 words, 752 total]
Lirilei wrote:
word count: 178
Lirilei
Herald
Herald

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

There was a low chuckle from him watching Slink and Bay Sleep interacting, his friend, curling up on the lanky buck, which then gave Sandworm an excuse to move a little close to the pair. "There, in case he decides to come back over any time soon he doesn't have to go so far." he offered by way of explanation for his movement, which now had him resting lightly against Bay Sleep.

Though there was a pleased feeling in him at those words, the cough from the bigger buck. It seemed like he'd surprised him and well, he was very much okay with this fact honestly. "Do you? I'm very glad to hear that." he could feel the warmth and fluttering within his own body at those words, and how absolutely pleasing they were to hear. The question though earned a flick of his ears, a thoughtful sound from him.

"A change. At least for me. Hearing all the exciting things from all the visitors...all this talk of the swamp. I understood I couldn't really ever go back home if I came along and yet, I'm okay with that. It was time for a new experience, and Slink and I agreed experiencing life here in the swamp, rather than the caves was a good experience. I don't know about others, but I didn't really expect just how much colder it would be than in the warm caves." a laugh then. It was mostly tolerable at least, and he was happy there was plenty of fires and such to stay warm near. Or in this case, a big handsome buck to settle close to while they got to know one another.

"I still wonder why so many came to the caves in the first place. I don't recall anyone really explaining what made everyone just sort of....show up." well of course it seemed like a sudden thing, all these strange kin just arriving at the caves. He at least was unaware of anything related to the trek to the Obelisk, and all.

[342 words, 1,025 total]
lilacfishie wrote:
word count: 358
lilacfishie
Patron
Patron

Post by lilacfishie »

Bay Sleep was chewing another bite of their shared treat when Slink began climbing up onto his back. It was very bizarre, feeling the strong creature crawl up using the strong muscles that made up its long body. The buck mostly froze, only chewing nervously now, until Slink seemed content to coil up between his shoulder blades. He was so hyperfocused on the snake that he didn't realize Sandworm had joined him by his side until he felt the gentle nudge of his side against him as he settled. Soft...he thought before he could stop himself. Hopefully he didn't say it out loud.

It was a marvel that Bay Sleep hadn't turned purple with how warm his face and ears felt while Sandworm was talking to him. "The Swamp is definitely a huge change from those caves," he stuttered, trying to clear his throat nervously. This heavier flirting seemed to finally be getting through the lanky buck's thick skull. It got him thinking, and maybe spacing out a little. Is this why he felt so warm and fuzzy when the zikwa was around? Unclear.

"I don't really know either," he murmured, thinking back to the caves. "I heard a call and followed. It seemed like a lot of us did," he said, a bit wistfully. Shaking his head, Bay Sleep brought himself back to the present. It wouldn't be nice to reminisce when there was someone new right in front of him. Or, beside him, really. Right beside him. The reminder blossomed new warmth in his cheeks as he listened to Sandworm talk about the cold. Taking another small bite of the treat and pulling it a little closer to them, Bay Sleep thought a moment.

"It is very cold this time of year," he started. "I promise the warmer months are a lot more fun." Lifting up his big, shaggy head, he draped it over Sandworm, nuzzling his shoulder. "I can keep you warm until then, though!" he said, smiling. He was looking forward to getting to know Sandworm more, and showing him all the fun things about the Swamp. And the best places to nap. Naps were of the utmost importance.

[363 words, 1,115 total]
word count: 375