[1v1] Hush & Dawn's First Light

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Owlsomniac
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 1,291.98 Pebbles

Forum

[1v1] Hush & Dawn's First Light

Post by Owlsomniac »

[imgleft]http://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/image ... uncert.png[/imgleft] Hush had been doing her best to ignore the growing sense of anger building inside of her. It's not something she's accustomed to feeling. It itches down her spine and pools in her gut - a hot, hungry, thing that demands to be fed. Her tail waves back and forth, the end twitching now and then with repressed agitation.

The obelisk seems to glow brighter, though perhaps it's merely that her eyes are beginning to dilate as something other than herself overtakes her.

Moments ago, she'd been lamenting the ache in her sore muscles, eager to find someplace warm to curl up and sleep. Now, however, it's as though all of those concerns have been washed away, pushed to the back of her mind where they won't concern her any longer.

Her hooves dig into the snow and earth and she stares around her with a new air about her - one of a predator looking for a hunt, or a fight.

Soon enough, she spots another kin nearby who looks similarly affected by the presence of the Obelisk. A kimeti buck with a glossy blue coat that resembles that of a butterfly. The dark thing inside of her hums in agreement as she walks closer to him. He'll do.

@wander
word count: 226
wander
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 1,306.16 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=652

Re: [1v1] Hush & Dawn's First Light

Post by wander »

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]
[imgright]http://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/image ... nerpin.gif[/imgright]
It was hard to hide the frustration and aggression that was scratching at the surface of those who had found their way to the Obelisk. Dawn, himself, had followed the fray to investigate and see what the other towers had looked like in the other areas of the lands, but he hadn't expected one to be so . . . disjointed.

With it, though, the shards of discourse were starting to dig in to the skin of the kin around it, and he couldn't lie and say he was not affected. Maybe it was discomfort of being around so many, so suddenly, or just the exhaustion from such a long journey, but Dawn was starting to feel that itch, himself.

So, when he caught sight of a dark, brooding zikwa mare watching him over, taking bold, calculated steps towards him.

Ah, the game begins.

Standing a little taller, a little bolder, he gave her a daring look. Is this how it's going to go, then? He was ready.
word count: 185

I was Nerpin; Now I'm Wander.
I will answer both!

The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day.
But you are not here to see it.
Owlsomniac
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Owlsomniac »

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]
word count: 7
Owlsomniac
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Owlsomniac »

The last time Hush had been in a fight, it was against a swarm of furbies. While she's sure that's very different from fighting another kin, the experience has stayed with her, marked her. She'd discovered sides of herself she hadn't known were there and, evidently, those parts of her are more prominent than she realized in the light of the Obelisk.

Instinct guides her as she lowers her head, making her neck as small a target as possible. Her tail flows out behind her, half raised in warning as she circles the other buck until her back is no longer to the obelisk but to the seemingly endless stretch of black beyond the mountains. Framed by that darkness, she all but disappears – save for the small pinpricks of glowing red light scattered across her face, and from her eyes. They hover there for a few, tense, seconds, like strange fireflies --- and then she strikes!

She’s fast. A shadow with teeth and sharp hooves.

[blockquote]Rolled 2d10-6 : 3, 7 - 6, total 4[/blockquote]
word count: 179
wander
Patron
Patron

Post by wander »

[blockquote]Rolled 2d10-6 : 2, 2 - 6, total -2[/blockquote]
word count: 10

I will answer both!

wander
Patron
Patron

Post by wander »

She was fast, and it was a little unsettling to the much older buck. Sure, he did his little tiffs and fights to keep himself safe, or fed in his little corner of the swamp, but he had never exactly gone head to head with a Zikwa.

Especially one with such a large, deceptive tail - it made her look larger and predatory, and making his eyes stare directly at it, and not the sharp teeth and hooves that were coming at him. At first, he barely even noticed the attack, his eyes trying to find a good place to end, but here she was, and it was a solid hit. Something he wouldn't yet feel in the morning, but enough to get him off his balance, and unable to retort against, just yet.
HP: 36/40
Damage: lol...
word count: 139

I will answer both!

Owlsomniac
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Owlsomniac »

Hush dodges the Buck's attempts and continues to dance around him, using the landscape to her advantage as much as possible.

[blockquote]Rolled 2d10-6 : 8, 5 - 6, total 7[/blockquote]
word count: 32
Owlsomniac
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Owlsomniac »

She strikes again - this time with more confidence than the last. She jumps forward, turning her body at the last moment to kick out at him, and feels her back hooves land pretty solidly against his body. That will certainly leave a mark!

Unlike some of the other more verbal kin around them, however, the zikwa doe is eerily quiet in her attacks. Her gaze is the direct, unwavering, stare of a predator intent on winning.
Hush HP: 40
Damage: 7

@wander
Last edited by Owlsomniac on Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 82
wander
Patron
Patron

Post by wander »

[blockquote]Rolled 2d10-6 : 10, 6 - 6, total 10[/blockquote]

I will answer both!

wander
Patron
Patron

Post by wander »

Using the landscape to her advantage seemed to be a boon to him, also, as the change of her shape, and the movement in the light helped him finally figure out exactly how she was posing.

Sure, he took a hit that seemed to resound deep within him somewhere, but in the moment, he turned going to try and grab her hoof with his mouth, trying to see if he could fling her as far as he could, to try and even the score a little.

He needed to breathe.
HP: 29/40
Damage: 10
word count: 95

I will answer both!

Owlsomniac
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Owlsomniac »

[blockquote]Rolled 2d10-6 : 10, 4 - 6, total 8[/blockquote]
Owlsomniac
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Owlsomniac »

When the buck does finally manage to return some damage, he does so with gusto - and his grip is strong. As a zikwa, she is considerably more slight than her kimeti cousins, and weighs less. The grip to her hoof is enough to sweep her off her feet - for a moment, but the doe seems intent on taking the buck down. Her eyes blaze as she leaps up once again - and this time, like any good predator, she goes for the throat!

HP 30
Damage: 8
word count: 86
wander
Patron
Patron

Post by wander »

[blockquote]Rolled 2d10-6 : 7, 1 - 6, total 2[/blockquote]

I will answer both!

wander
Patron
Patron

Post by wander »

This was not the space that he needed!

Feeling the teeth buckle down around his throat fur, there was a short moment of panic, his body was already starting to tire - he blamed it on age, probably. After a few moments of blind thoughts, he finally moved on his own, thrusting his head down to connect with hers, not enough for serious damage, but hopefully enough to stun her away.
HP: 21
Damage: 2
word count: 74

I will answer both!

Owlsomniac
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Owlsomniac »

[blockquote]Rolled 2d10-6 : 7, 8 - 6, total 9[/blockquote]