Lirilei
Herald
Herald
Pebbles: 7,998.74 Pebbles

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

* ˚ ✦ Fierce Warrior's Trial of Terror (Ver. 3.0) ✦ ˚ * - Open!

Post by Lirilei »

Username: Lirilei
Prompt response:
You were sent by those above you to kill the mighty dragon. But when you get there, you realize you don't want to.

Isle of Water flipped her long blond hair over her shoulder, hearing it smack against her armor as she stood there staring at the dragon before her. It was smaller than she'd been told. Much, much smaller. this was the scary, mighty dragon she was to kill? It was rolling around playing with a small animal having the time of it's life. And she had to kill it? Nope. She shook her head and turned, walking away from the dragon. Only once out of sight did a much, much larger dragon come into view, and with a low rumble return to keeping watch over it's young. It'd learned early on that most wouldn't harm the small and innocent and it's offspring was definitely small and innocent. A perfect ruse to keep them both safe when adventurers and knights came calling to slay them. Once again, the ruse had worked.
Dice rolls
[10] = 10
1d20:  [
] = 10
word count: 183
Lirilei
Herald
Herald

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

Prompt response:
One of your childhood toys has come alive.

Clever Trick stared in amazement as she watched a teddybear she'd owned for years come to life moving around on its own. She checked it over. No remote control anything, so this was neat. So long as it didn't try to kill her in her sleep she could handle this.
Dice rolls
[17] = 17
] = 17
Last edited by Lirilei on Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 64
Lirilei
Herald
Herald

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

Prompt response:
Your life is a horror story, a testament to everyone of what not to do.

If it wasn't one thing going wrong, it was another. Coffee pot going empty, and catching fire after sitting too long? Check. Forgetting to lock his door before going out of town for a few days and getting robbed? Check. Forgetting an umbrella and getting drenched right before an interview? Check, check. It was one thing after another going wrong and it made his friends and loved ones wary about spending any time with him. Be such a hot mess you live a lonely life? Check...
Dice rolls
[7] = 7
] = 7
word count: 106
HuniPi
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 4,078.08 Pebbles

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

Post by HuniPi »

Username: HuniPi
Prompt response:

Sunny couldn't believe her eyes. The little hedgehog snuffling in front of her looked exactly like the chia pet she'd once kept. It was missing its quills, instead a thin carpet of moss covered its back. Rather than small, beady black eyes, it had faded blue eyes, ones far too big to be normal. She remembered repainting its face, giving it a make-over that she felt was appropriate, though what was going through her child brain at the time she couldn't remember.

She was too confused that it was even there in the first place. Had she overworked herself on her research? Was she hallucinating? Had she drunk one too many energy drinks and was now paying the price? She risked to touch the hedgehog and rather than have her hand pass through what she believed was an illusion, she felt the soft texture of moss against her fingertips.

Those big, blue eyes blinked up at her before nuzzling its velvety nose against the palm of her hand. Something about the texture of the moss made her realize it wasn't as soft as it should be. There was a brittleness, a dryness to it. Ah, it needed some water.

And now that she thought about it, when was the last time she actually had water? Not in coffee. Not in a Monster. Just plain water? She should probably go get some. For herself and for the hedgehog. But when she returned, a tumbler for her and a cup for the little green hedgehog, on her table was the old chia pet.

Sunny blinked, took a swig of her water, and decided it may be time for her to get some sleep. She straightened her desk, put away the papers of botanical research, and carefully, affectionately placed the animal-shaped vase safely back on her bedside table.
Dice rolls
[17] = 17
d20:  [
] = 17
word count: 323
subducting
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 3,141.76 Pebbles

Event

Forum

Post by subducting »

Username: Subducting
Prompt response:
A wizard grants you any magical ability or superpower that you want with no downside.

“Ahah, yeah right, nice try, but no thanks.”

The speaker had their eyebrows raised smugly, arms crossed and a cocky grin playing around their lips. Their legs were swung open as they lounged back in their seat, as if they’d just won.

The woman across from them looked exasperated. She dipped a pointed chin to look the other in the eyes imploringly, a few perfectly curled strands of blond falling from her fringe into her face.

“It’s not a trick! I’m serious, I’ll grant you any power, there’s no strings attached, there’s nothing-“

“Listen,” the stranger with the shock of purple hair, spiked meticulously was still smiling incredibly amiably, “I know how these stories end. I’ve heard of king Midas before. And your hair is even golden I mean it’s a little obvious, isn’t it?”

“You don’t have to wish for a golden touch! You get to pick the wish!!” The blonde woman was becoming increasingly impatient. The other just seemed amused.

“Look, this is a really fun pick up technique, genuinely,” said the purple haired person, swigging the rest of a bottle before continuing to the now speechless stranger, “and you know what, it’s working for me.”

“I’m not trying to— I’m an ethereal being from the realm of the gods! I’m trying to bestow upon you a gift!”

“Yeah, you can bestow upon me a gift any time,” drawled the other, finishing jotting something down on a receipt with a flourish, “Except for just now, cause I need to go and meet my sisters.” They tapped the receipt meaningfully, blew the woman a kiss and swaggered off into the club.

Omen blinked, nonplussed. Slowly, she pulled a smartphone with a logo like a winged sandal out and tapped the screen a few times.

Instructions unclear, picked up a mortal by accident.

Hell yeah lol get in there - A

Dice rolls
[19] = 19
] = 19
Last edited by subducting on Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 343
Baneful
Swampmaster
Swampmaster
Pebbles: 7,693.44 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?p=3043#p3043

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

Post by Baneful »

Username: Baneful
Prompt response:

Been .... Ben... was excited to go to the theme park with his school; a free trip was always excellent, but things started to go wrong when the power went out to the whole park while they were there. It was dark because it was winter, and this meant that the lights and power going out across the park were a far more significant problem than they might have been any other time. Things were also compounded by the fact that their teachers had been riding the rollercoaster at the time and were now stuck 50 feet in the air.

Ben thought this was a great excuse to sneak off with his friends and do what they wanted without supervision, but on the way away from the group, he stumbled across his brother, who had somehow separated from his classmates.

"Oh, come on ██████, what are you doing here?" he said. "Don't you have a buddy system?"

But his brother shook his head and let out a sob, starting to cry. He was a crybaby, and it was embarrassing, one of his friends laughing uncomfortably.

"Look, I guess you can come with us, but if you get in the way, I will push you in front of the go-karts."

His brother cried more quietly but didn't stop.

Shaking his head, Ben headed toward a building they hadn't seen before, the words "FREDBEAR AND FRIENDS" outlined in black silhouette in front of the stars overhead.

"Oh, you LOVE Fredbear, don't you bro?" Ben laughed, roughly taking hold of his brother's shoulder as he tried to run away.

"Let's go pay him a visit."
A school trip takes an unexpected turn for the worse.
Dice rolls
[18] = 18
] = 18
word count: 291
AMItotic
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 665.34 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=769

Event

Forum

Post by AMItotic »

Username: AMItotic
Prompt response:
13. As an assassin, you're used to being trained to get rid of your targets. But you also kind of want a vacation.

He'd started to get a reputation.

The evidence was the same every time--the victims always had precisely thirteen stab wounds, arranged ritualistically along the torso, and were laid on their backs, eyes shut, dressed in gentle repose. But the stories, those changed every time. Some said he was a spirit of vengeance, others a demon, and a few claiming he was the left hand of a government organization. He was none of these things, of course. Mostly, he was...tired.

The work was never done. In a stranger's sink, he washed his knives and then his hands, methodical, businesslike. Resigned. Had the person laid out on the ground behind him deserved it? That was a big question, if people deserved anything. It was just a job. It was the only job.

Just as he buttoned the sleeves on his black shirt, his pager pinged him with a new set of coordinates, and he sighed. He needed a break.
Dice rolls
[13] = 13
] = 13
word count: 189
subducting
Patron
Patron

Event

Forum

Post by subducting »

Username: subducting
Prompt response:
In this world, you are a character. You know you are a character and someone is directing your every move. You can hear them roll a "Nat 20."

“Oooh that is a crit on Gortok the Destroyer! Let me get the death rolls..”

“Prepare to meet your end, corrupted, detestable beast!”

The hero raised her sword solemnly and swung towards the demon, it’s tortured blood spilling onto the ancient flagstones, as the-

“Pizza’s here!”

“Ah, I’ll wrap this up afterwards- no no it’s okay, it’s all good…”

The hero stood awkwardly next to her “vanquished” foe. He was laid on the ground but otherwise pretty much unharmed, his plastic legs stuck convincingly in the air.

“You see the latest episode of Shadow Mail,” he gurgled.

“AUGH did they HAVE to kill off Katarina!?” the hero wailed, earning empathic agreement from the scattered figurines around her.

“She was my favourite one!!!!!” Gorthok the Destroyer agreed from her feet.

Dice rolls
[11] = 11
] = 11
word count: 166
subducting
Patron
Patron

Event

Forum

Post by subducting »

Username: Subducting
Prompt response:

The pastel bunny rabbit’s fur is rather patchy now, with bald spots, and her ears aren’t standing upright anymore, but the floppiness is cute. She’s quite a cherished toy- as evidenced by the copious doodles across the bare fabric on her body.

She doesn’t seem to mind though, as she dances to a high speed track playing on your radio (that she has cranked up to top volume). You worriedly try and shush her, and she shrugs, continuing to jump up and down as if she’s got the leg strength of a real rabbit.

“Shhh! I can’t let my housemate find out I’ve got a childhood toy, I’ll never hear the end of it!”

“Aaaaand why should I care?”

You get the feeling these hijinks are going to be more fun for Bunny Miss Bon-Bon than for you.

Dice rolls
[17] = 17
] = 17
word count: 159
Baneful
Swampmaster
Swampmaster
Pebbles: 7,693.44 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?p=3043#p3043

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

Post by Baneful »

Username: Baneful
Prompt response:
Tracey hadn't asked to be sent on this mission. If there was one that he could have refused, this was it. But you didn't refuse Direct Orders. They hadn't received any big orders in millennia, suspecting that the Overseer had long abandoned them to their free will. They said it was asleep, but sometimes Tracey suspected it was dead, that after birthing the universe and everything in it, it had served its purpose and left them all to their spiralling madness, surrounded by nothing but the chaos of the Abyss and destined for ultimate dissolution.

But the words had come, and as the only one who could survive hearing them, Tracey had been the receiver. The order was clear, the aim unmistakable. Striking a blow so profoundly into the heart of the world would herald another war, one that would never settle into a tenuous ceasefire but which would burn everything down. The Abyssals merely awaited their chance to strike, singing songs that drove those who heard them utterly mad.

Getting here had been easy. The two souls were tethered together by an invisible thread that made every moment apart a kind of agony. Moving towards his goal had been as easy as an exhalation. And he was powerful, beyond the comprehension of the choirs or the legions, a realm unto himself.

The Overseer knew what he was doing and what this would wreak. Heaven and Hell would unravel immediately, spilling their denizens into the other realms and throwing all balance aside. And yet the words had come, and for so long, Tracey had followed them unquestioningly.

Down and down, circling down and down he went, his six wyngs spread wide against the darkness. The gates could not stop him, and the hounds bowed their heads and whimpered as he crossed them. No longer was he clad in simple guise but had thrown it aside, a mighty and unfathomably giant celestial beast.

He'd been sent to slay a dragon. /The/ dragon. The dragon who had defined all others. It didn't align with the prophecies or anything, and he wasn't sure why things were unfolding the way they were.

He alighted on Hell's lowest frosty layer and turned his head to seek out his prey.

"You've come to kill me." a voice said calmly, and Tracey saw him then for the first time in uncountable years. He was small, still in his humanoid guide, a mirror of his own, pale and as brilliant and beautiful as the last time they'd met. "Because He told you to," he said. "But you know that it's not what is right."

He stood, unafraid, before the writhing mass of Tracey's form.

"You know that this is all bullshit. It's all a test. It has always been a test. This test is just the last one. He did it to Adam, and he's doing it to you. Playing games."

He spread his arms, welcoming, as if inviting an embrace.

"Will you win or will you lose, brother? Will you kill us both, kill yourself for the sake of an order? This moment is where you choose."

Tracey could feel the choice looming before him. No one but the Overseer and himself were capable of this act, and the crossroads reached forever. Whatever he chose here, the repercussions would be eternal and felt across all realms forever.

He'd been patient, and he'd been Patience itself.

And maybe he was finally tired. He was tired of enduring, turning the other cheek, and taking orders unquestioningly. He'd been beaten down a hundred thousand times, but this ask was too much. By all accounts, it was a sin. Self-destruction was a sin in humans; it was the obliteration of a divine vessel.

But they were not divine in the end, were they? Had they ever been?

"We are more than the humans." his brother said. "We are made of the same stuff as the Overseer and always have been. He needs us to fight, divided and at odds, lest we finally turn our many eyes upon him."

"Join me," he said. "Finally."

Tracey shrunk down to his smaller shape until he was eye to eye with his other half, able to look him in the face as he made the ultimate choice for both of them.

"I'm sorry," he said.

Across from him, his brother closed his eyes, and Tracey knew that he feared only one thing in the entire universe and everything beyond it.

He embraced him. "I'm sorry," he said.

"And I'll never leave you again."

You were sent by those above you to kill the mighty dragon. But when you get there, you realize you don't want to.
Dice rolls
[10] = 10
] = 10
word count: 806
AMItotic
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 665.34 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=769

Event

Forum

Post by AMItotic »

Username: AMItotic
Prompt response:
17. One of your childhood toys has come alive.

Ella was alone.

It always happened like this. Nobody actually wanted to spend any time with her. Nobody saw her, nobody cared if she lived or died. For years, she had retreated into her hobbies, the little games she played, and with a dry sense of humor she told herself that it was enough--that it must be enough, because there was nothing else waiting for her. But some days, it weighed on her. It wasn't the days she lost her games--no, those were frustrating in a different way--but sometimes, her computer would blink a more damning message. Connection lost -- reconnect?

Connection lost -- reconnect?

It might have been about the internet, but Ella couldn't help it--she collapsed into her hands, sobbing quietly. She was alone. She was always going to be alone. And no one--not a single person or thing--would ever stay with her.

Something soft nudged at her knee. Ella didn't notice at first, not until it happened a second time, and she glanced down to stare blankly at the beady eyes of a stuffed plush frog. Matthew Frogderick was her oldest toy, worn and weathered from all the hospital visits, and her most steadfast friend. He wobbled, not used to moving, and then he lifted his little plush hands for uppies.

Ella laughed softly, pulling him into a tight hug. "Of course," she murmured, rocking in her chair. "Of course, how could I forget? Of course. I'll never be alone, if I have you."

And for a minute, she could almost pretend that he was hugging her back.
Dice rolls
[17] = 17
] = 17
word count: 282
Maxx
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 6,011.36 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Maxx »

Username: Maxx
Prompt response: You are the chosen one. The chosen one of what?

The sun was hot, and the air heavy, but none of that deterred him from his work. A spry, wiry man, with a wild look about him, his hair a sun-brightened blond that matched the hues of the cobs around him, swaying in the wind. He grinned, with an intensity unmatched, as he straightened up from having patted down fertiliser.

They knew not his name, but it was said he had been in the war, with a booming voice beyond his frame. He returned to the village, and blessed it with fields of corn, spilling gold across the plains.

'Colonel,' they called him.

He looked up to the sky, squinting into the sun. It was then he heard them. His ears heard everything, and his ears told him everything.

He had been chosen. Colonel removed his sun hat, clutched it to his chest, and saluted their waving arms.

His greatest honour yet: the chosen one of corn.

[20] = 20
] = 20
word count: 177
Lutz
Pebbles: 1,961.00 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Lutz »

Username: Lutz
Prompt response: 7. Your life is a horror story, a testament to everyone of what not to do.

Vigil Keeper was a strange man. He was happy with life and how he lived it, but to everyone else he was a pariah. The creepy guy that hung out in graveyards and churches, the goth bald dude that looked like he he was a strange spirit rising from the grave. There were rumors about him in town, things people made up to make him seem scary and to keep the kids away. It was all well and good for him as he didn't particularly like people coming up to bother him while he was Keeping Watch.

He had a very important job, you see. To mourn those that had no one to mourn them. He'd show up at funerals for people with no families or friends to lay them to rest, stand watch at a fresh grave site after the funeral director and the grounds keepers had left. He felt it was his duty to the dead to do so and they were more than enough company for him.

To everyone else, though...he was strange. Spooky. Evil. Weird. Someone out of a horror film that was surely going to go on a killing rampage sooner or later.

Let them think what they want. He knew who he was and what he was not.
Dice rolls
[7] = 7
] = 7
word count: 237
Lutz

Forum

Post by Lutz »

Prompt response: 12. You are in a haunted house and it doesn't like you. Maybe you should escape. Maybe you should stay.

SLAM

Intrusive Thought whipped his head around to stare at the door that had just slammed shut behind him. All right, that one definitely hadn't been the wind. He'd come to this house just because it looked cool from the outside, but now that he'd come in he was having a tough time finding his way back out.

"All right, funny joke," he said as he walked back to the door and tried to open it, only to find that the knob wouldn't turn. He couldn't go back the way he'd come.

"Ha ha," he said, turning towards the hallway he'd started down a moment before. "Nice trick. What's next, the lights will go out-"

No sooner had he said that than all the lights in the hallway went dark. He could see that there was still light coming from under the door that had shut, meaning the lights in this hallway were the only ones to have gone out. Okay, now it was getting a little creepy. He walked down the hallway cautiously - there were some small tables up against the walls that he didn't want to walk into - and made it to the next room. This door opened, but there was no way out other than the windows. He tried a few but they were either so old they wouldn't open, or whatever force that had shut the door was keeping them closed as well.

"Well. Could have done this the easy way, but we're going to have to do it the hard way," Intrusive Thought said with a sigh. He walked back a few paces, then took a running start towards the largest window. He covered his head with his arms before jumping, smashing through the glass window and landing hard on the damp grass outside. He definitely had a few cuts on his arms and legs, but it was worth it. He was out.
Dice rolls
[12] = 12
] = 12
word count: 354
Lutz

Forum

Post by Lutz »

Prompt response: 11. In this world, you are a character. You know you are a character and someone is directing your every move. You can hear them roll a "Nat 20."

Rise to the Challenge didn't like this. He didn't like it one bit. He was an independent centaur that didn't need no omniscient god-like creature controlling his every move! Yet this was how it had been since he could remember and although he'd tried valiantly to break free from this strange curse, he'd been unsuccessful every time.

The things the 'god' had him do were odd. Some were fine, like battling monsters, but others were so peculiar and were things Rise would never do on his own if giving the option. But he had no control over his actions, his words...just his thoughts. It seemed the other characters in his world were the same, their expressions hinting that they didn't want to do or say the things they were doing or saying but something greater than them was forcing their hand.

But then the one thing that made a true smile come to Rise's lips happened.

"Nat 20!"

Thank the gods, he thought to himself as his 'god' began to instruct him how to attack the monster before him. A 'Nat 20', whatever that was, meant that Rise could deal extra damage and potentially take down the threat. He did get great enjoyment from landing a killing blow. He swung his greatsword as he charged at the monster, one powerful slash enough to take off its head. He gave a victory roar as he felt the blood of the beast soak into his fur and hair, which quickly turned into cries of pain.

Of course the blood was acidic.
Dice rolls
[11] = 11
] = 11
word count: 301