(b) Good Hunting: What Lies Beneath x The Killing Moon [Fin]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Owlsomniac
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 1,358.06 Pebbles

Forum

(b) Good Hunting: What Lies Beneath x The Killing Moon [Fin]

Post by Owlsomniac »

[imgleft]http://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/image ... uncert.png[/imgleft]

Lies couldn't say what it was exactly that had attracted him to the pretty pink and mint doe. Then again he's always had a soft spot for pretty things.

Then he'd discovered she was pregnant and things had... Changed. He realized he had the potential, suddenly, to shape the lives of the young that would soon be borne into the world. It would be his second clutch, though this time he felt that perhaps he wanted to be there. He wanted them to be strong, beautiful like their parents, and capable of anything.

He'd heard such wishes could be granted if one merely took the time to seek those who could grant such things. Thus, he found himself wandering the swamp quite far from the den he and Minty Sweet had made for themselves.
Last edited by Owlsomniac on Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 148
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 4,148.66 Pebbles

Forum

Re: (b) What Lies Beneath x ???

Post by Ruriska »

[imgleft]http://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/image ... ncert3.png[/imgleft]

"Are you looking for someone?"

A cultured voice asked from nearby, the owner a tall stag with eyes aglow and red hair tumbling around his shoulders.

@Owlsomniac
word count: 37
Owlsomniac
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Re: (b) What Lies Beneath x ???

Post by Owlsomniac »

Beautiful. That was the first thing that came into his mind. That mane, that red. Lies quickly realized he was staring, and after a moment he cleared his throat lightly and put on a small, polite, smile.

"I am, and though not for any one soul in particular it seems the swamp may indeed have blessed me after all. I've heard the legends of course, who hasn't? but I feel they do an injustice to the reality - at least in your case."

Flattery to be sure, but none the less true. The stag before him was certainly one of the most stunning creatures he'd seen in a long while (not counting Minty Sweet, of course, for whom this whole venture had begun in the first place).

@Ruriska
word count: 130
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Re: (b) What Lies Beneath x The Killing Moon

Post by Ruriska »

The corners of his mouth curled up in a knowing smile, as if he knew full well the effect he could have. It helped that the conditions were ideal, with the sun coming through the trees just right to alight the red of his hair and his coat freshly washed.

Flattery would not win this buck his prize but it would help. The Killing Moon laughed, a low melodious sound, and nodded in appreciation.

“Fine words,” he said. “Though all those touched by the Swamp are all impressive in their own way.” He grinned. “It pleases me to know that I have exceeded your expectations. So tell me, what do you desire from a legend of the Swamp?”

@Owlsomniac
word count: 119
Owlsomniac
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Owlsomniac »

Beautiful as well as charming, Lies thinks, and smiles a little to himself. If he hadn't already decided on tasking himself with the order of raising this clutch of his - he might try to pursue it further. Though whether or not anything would come of it either way -- well, it doesn't matter. He clears his thoughts and tilts his head thoughtfully as he prepares his response.

"There is a doe, quite beautiful herself, who caught my eye not so very long ago. After our.... dalliance," he says, with a small smile, "she returned and made it known our time together had borne fruit. To put it simply, I am to be a father once again. Though this time I think I should like to see to their raising. I've kept in touch with my other children, but I was younger then, myself, and had other interests to see to - and they have since had little ones of their own. Now, however, I believe I'd like to have a hoof in seeing to my newest's growth - ensure they grow up a little wiser, stronger, and more able. Hunters, like their father, rather than fodder themselves. For the Swamp, as you know, for all her beauty and mystery, can sometimes be a cruel and unforgiving mistress. Especially for those who are young or vulnerable."

Yes, that felt very true indeed. Lies knew quite a lot about both sides, and if his children had to learn those lessons this time he'd much rather they learn them from him. Those lessons they would survive.

"So, here I am - and here you are. I have heard that not only are your kind often beautiful and full of mystery, but that you hold some power as well - to help those who seek it. Is that true - and if it is, will you help me?"

@Ruriska
word count: 315
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

“Here we are indeed, and I do have the power to help you.”

Those words were spoken but The Killing Moon was in no hurry to comply. He was silent for a time, contemplating, head tilting slightly with thought.

“You remind me of myself,” he said eventually. “I too spent little time with my first clutch, though they were always safely cared for by my family. I was simply not ready to play the role of father. My daughter despises me for it.” His smile was wry. “So the next clutch I raised on my own, taught them all I knew, protected them, hunted and slept at their side.”

He gaze was penetrating, looking into Lies, as if judging his worth, weighing up his ability to be a father.

“This is an important task you are undertaking. They will depend on you and you will change them with every decision you make and lesson you impart. I can help you but in the end this is your job and what little I give will be far outweighed by your own contribution.”

The Killing Moon nodded to himself.

“With that said, may they be healthy and strong, swift hunters ready to protect themselves and their own.”

@Owlsomniac
word count: 206
Owlsomniac
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Owlsomniac »

He did not doubt the stag's words at all, and felt in echo in the stories of their past. Changeling had never quite forgiven his father for leaving them so young, especially for his youngest daughter's sake. He sighs softly, and shakes the troubling thought aside. He can't undo the past, but he can shape the future - and he intends to.

"Thank you." It seems too simple a thing to say, in the end. Then, he smiles, and catches the stag's eye, " -- and good hunting."

With that, Lies turns back the way he had come to return to the den he currently shares with Minty Sweet - to look after his new little family, which, he hopes, will be a little safer with the stag's blessing.

@Ruriska
Spoiler
Thank you! <3 I'm going to mark this as finished!
word count: 142