[PRP] The Fox and the Stranger [Foxface/Resenting]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
cashmeresky
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 3,229.04 Pebbles

Forum

Post by cashmeresky »

Resenting noticed that Foxface lingered for a moment while she was up close, so she felt like she succeeded in establishing some social rapport! As the other doe offered her the vine contraption on her back, Resenting had to inspect it for a moment. She had no experience with using vines to transport things. She carefully untangled the vines that were holding the rabbit legs until she was holding all those vines in her mouth. She blinked a few times and set them down.

"How did you arrange them over your back?" She gestured to the vines. She didn't want to be burdensome, but it was probably better to ask for help than look silly fumbling around with the vines. "I will wear these as you do."

Now that the goods have been traded, it was Resenting's turn to fulfil her part of the trade. Friendship? Outside of her family, she doesn't really spend time with anyone else. Of course she had jokes and fun with her siblings and cousins, but family was safe. Strangers could be dangerous. And what could happen in that space between strangers and friendship? Resenting hoped that the acha would take the lead on this.
Ruriska wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:53 am
word count: 212
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 4,088.88 Pebbles

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

“Oh, you want the whole lot? Yeah, that makes sense. If you leave them attached to the vine, it’s easier to carry around while we hang out.” Foxface was nodding her head animatedly, staying nice and still as Resenting untangled and pulled free the rabbit-laden vines.

“I’ll help! Someone at the tribe usually does it for me. It’s way too difficult on your own.” Her ears perked and eyes bright, Foxface hustled closer, quickly getting to work. “Stay nice and still for me.”

Then she was pulling at the vines, up close and personal, as she arranged them neatly across Resenting’s back, looping them over and under and then finally giving it one last tug.

“There we go!” She stepped back to admire her work. “Those aren’t going anywhere. No matter how much fun we have today.”
cashmeresky wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 11:55 am
word count: 152
cashmeresky
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 3,229.04 Pebbles

Forum

Post by cashmeresky »

Not going anywhere no matter how much fun they have today? Was that a threat? No matter, if Resenting felt like the doe had any bad intentions, she could just run and duck into one of the tunnels. She got what she wanted, anyway. Resenting was very aware that the more time she spent with this doe, the more the Acha had an opportunity to draw her into delusion. Her family had warned her plenty about the outsiders and their delusions of safety from the Monster who will end the world. Resenting must not let her guard down.

"Foxface." Resenting made sure to make eye contact again, "What do you do for fun? Let us do that while we ... hang out."

Sound natural, sound friendly, you want this doe to be comfortable with you. So you can get more rabbit legs in the future. Resenting gave herself a little pep talk. The other doe seemed quite chatty, maybe speaking words will make her feel more at ease.

"Tell me about the places you have travelled to?" Was it too demanding? Resenting hoped not. It appeared to her that the other doe loved hearing the sound of her own voice. After all, Resenting's encounter with Foxface started by hearing her singing very loudly to nobody in particular.

Ruriska wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:44 am
word count: 226