[B] Petals and Starlight (Flourish of Petals)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Kalahari
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 804.76 Pebbles

Kin Count

Kin Species

Forum

Post by Kalahari »

A cool spring day found itself enchanted with a starry night sky, and with that Flourish of Petals found himself looking for guidance, to see the lovely doe who'd drawn his gaze to a safe delivery of children. At least while their paths crossed, the buck felt a fondness, though he knew not if they would continue down the same road. Still, better to seek an elder's assistance, whether they continued together or not.

Flourish found himself under an ancient oak tree, and stopped to ponder. He'd been told a stag, or mare, one lingered near this area recently. How to call for them, though, he wasn't sure. He found his tail twitching about with uncertainty, and curled it around his leg to still its fretting.
word count: 130
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 4,087.62 Pebbles

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

The oak tree was suddenly filled with a loud buzzing. Three wasps clinging to the branches, all staring down at the buck. The one possessing glowing yellow eyes was Swarm, and her gaze was as impenetrable as always. It seemed Flourish had found himself exactly what he’d wanted but the wasp was clearly not going to be the first one to speak.
Kalahari wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:45 pm
word count: 72
Kalahari
Patron
Patron

Kin Count

Kin Species

Forum

Post by Kalahari »

Wasps... oh, was Flourish not fond of wasps. Too often would he find himself chased by them for his floral coat, and been stung a time or two when he had the audacity to not produce any nectar! But wild ones tended to be solitary, and three was too unlikely to be together out of mere coincidence. Nor did they naturally have glowing eyes... he could only surmise that this had to be the elder kin that had been seen around. He'd never witnessed one transformed with his own eyes, and the shape of them still left him uneasy, but still he chose a formal kneel of respect, tail coiling itself around the other hind leg now with a touch of nerves.

"I come to ask a favor, if I may..."
Ruriska wrote:
word count: 134
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

The buzzing deepened; the glowing eyed wasp staring, watching, waiting.

It seemed to be considering him carefully, as he knelt, tail coiled, showing his respect. But who could really tell? And yet, after a moment had passed, the black and gold wasp finally moved.

Swarm crawled down the tree trunk and to the ground, where she came to a stop before the other Kimeti.

“You may,” she said, her wasp form an echo beside her.
Kalahari wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:44 pm
word count: 84
Kalahari
Patron
Patron

Kin Count

Kin Species

Forum

Post by Kalahari »

A sight to behold... and a striking mare to see, too. Flourish tossed his forelock out of his eyes as he straightened up, an outlet for some of his nerves. At least her familiars remained up in the tree, and well away from his floral patterns.

"I seek a blessing for a doe with child. My children. A boon to see them to adulthood. I can do a favor in return, if there is a price."

He really didn't know if there would be, but it was probably wise to offer something in return should the mare be a picky sort. Not all elders were generous, he knew as much.
word count: 111
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

“There is no price,” she said flatly. A price would involve a return and future interaction which she was keen to avoid. She was too busy to be chasing up gifts.

“Very well, I grant them a boon of strength and robust health, to reach adulthood without fail.” Exactly as he had asked for, nothing more and nothing less. If they wanted something creative, they should have sought out the flamboyant Kiokote.
word count: 72
Kalahari
Patron
Patron

Kin Count

Kin Species

Forum

Post by Kalahari »

No price? Well, that saved him a bit of trouble. And the boon as she spoke it sounded good, a reasonable one that would satisfy most - at least, he felt satisfied with it. His tail slowly uncurled from his leg as the exchange seemed to have been made without any issues, though he offered a second bow in respect and gratitude both. Now he didn’t have to worry nearly as much.

"Thank you. If you are certain there is nothing you need in return, I will leave you be." Better safe than sorry, again. He didn’t want to get chased by wasps.
word count: 104