A Quick Hello!

If you're new to the forum, introduce yourself here to get to know the other members.
AuroreChaton
Pebbles: 22.06 Pebbles
A Quick Hello!

Post by AuroreChaton »

Hey guys!
My name basically everywhere is AuroreChaton! It came from one of my childhood cats—Aurora (sister to Borealis)—who's name(sake) I adored. I chose to translate it over to french just for the practicality of making sure something so simple would be available on any new platforms I joined, nothing more.

I am a part of very few online communities, but someone in one of them recently mentioned this place and I decided today to check it out for myself. I'm in the process of slowly adding more places like this to my repertoire. I was never the DA or Tumblr kid I should have been, and I'm eager to experience the intricacies of online communities and rp. Instead, I've become a chronic bookworm! I am obsessed with reading and videogames, as well as cats and art.

I post most of my digital art on my Ko-Fi instead of my Tumblr for some reason, and I'll be participating in art fight this year if anyone wants to battle me!
word count: 178
Kiwi Squirt Bottle
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist
Pebbles: 483.64 Pebbles

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

A Quick Hello!

Post by Kiwi Squirt Bottle »

Hello, welcome! I love the origin of your name and the meaning behind it!

We're a friendly bunch - Matope's been around long enough to qualify for a driver's license in America, so it can feel overwhelming sometimes. (This is still true even for me, and I work here! ;)) Bookworms fit in well here, as do cat lovers, gamers, and.... well, anyone who's not a perpetual butthole.

One of the best things about Matope (besides the people) are the goats! [In fact, the first rule of Goat Club is that we absolutely talk about these goats.] Newbies are an endangered species - if you stick around and are active, you're going to find yourself in a herd of pretty pixels. Assuming people don't throw goats at you any time soon, you can always check out the monthly semi-custom kin and pet/familiar threads and post your requests. Once you've got a kin and interested partners, you can also post in the breeding threads too! Winners are rolled at the end of each month, but colourists may also claim some sporadically if something catches their eye. We also have opportunities throughout the year in shop events, user events, and also offer Patreon Benefits for those interested.

... speaking of overwhelming, sorry for the wall of text! Welcome to the Swamp, glad to see you on discord already, and feel free to ask questions if you're feeling lost - we even have a newbie section in Discord if that seems easier to start with.
word count: 257
Dawns_Stars145
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 1,736.94 Pebbles

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

A Quick Hello!

Post by Dawns_Stars145 »

Hello! Welcome to our little swamp family
word count: 7
SkylerKarashi
Pebbles: 634.60 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=3234

Kin Count

Kin Species

Forum

A Quick Hello!

Post by SkylerKarashi »

Hey there! Welcome here and hope you have fun! It's a very friendly and inviting group. :D Also, I'm participating in ArtFight as well! Here's my link if you wanna follow. :D https://artfight.net/~SkylerKarashi
word count: 37
Rolling Kin <3 Image
Rolling Pets <3 Image
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 2,505.10 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=1272

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

A Quick Hello!

Post by Beejoux »

Welcome to the swamp!
word count: 4
Vashtya
Pebbles: 311.22 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=3748

Kin Count

Kin Species

Forum

A Quick Hello!

Post by Vashtya »

Hi there, and welcome!! Super cute username, as well!
word count: 9
Fasti
Pebbles: 2,208.66 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=3190

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

A Quick Hello!

Post by Fasti »

Hey, welcome! I don't know yet how much I'll participate in this year's artfight, but I'm trying hard on your fox. :D
word count: 25
Lirilei
Herald
Herald
Pebbles: 5,891.74 Pebbles

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

A Quick Hello!

Post by Lirilei »

Welcome to Matope!
word count: 3
Illusei
Pebbles: 857.40 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?p=127594#p127594

A Quick Hello!

Post by Illusei »

Hello! I'm fairly new too and have really appreciated this community. Glad to have you join!
word count: 17