[B] Courtesy Call [Polite x Distant Thunder]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Gl!tch~
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 759.08 Pebbles

Forum

[B] Courtesy Call [Polite x Distant Thunder]

Post by Gl!tch~ »

[imgleft]https://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/imag ... uncert.png[/imgleft]Few things mattered more to Polite than honor and courtesy, especially when it worked to his advantage. In the past he had used such things in totoma spars, and to court, and raise children that made him proud.

Still, he felt rather taken aback at the rumors that there were ways to assist the does he courted when they were expecting. Strange rituals, but social ones. Something he excelled at.

The weirdest part was that there was no meeting point, or steps to take to receive such favor. It just...happened, or didn't. And so, he found himself wandering rather aimlessly, hoping that willing the encounter would be enough.

Otherwise he would just look silly.
Last edited by Gl!tch~ on Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 126
Image Image
Maxx
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 5,641.84 Pebbles

Forum

Re: [B] Courtesy Call [Polite x ???]

Post by Maxx »

[imgright]https://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/imag ... uncert.png[/imgright]Distant Thunder was on a food run when he came by this odd sight, and found himself inexplicably drawn to the situation...even though it really was just a totoma wandering back and forth.

For the first time, Thunder did not run headlong into the scene, instead trotting up amicably, and spitting out the foxbun's corpse he was carrying onto his back.

"Hello!"

He boomed with enthusiasm.

"What in the swamp are you doing? You look silly!"

A hearty laugh. Such was Thunder, ever honest.

@Gl!tch~
word count: 98
Gl!tch~
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Re: [B] Courtesy Call [Polite x Distant Thunder]

Post by Gl!tch~ »

Polite did nary a flinch at the sudden loud voice, or appearance of another kin. He prided himself in not being shaken easily. And, well, it was bad form as a proud totoma to allow such a thing.

"Greetings," he nodded cordially. A very well-practiced manuever on his part. "I am called Polite, how do you do."

With pleasantries out of the way, he sighed and looked out over the greater part of the swamp. "I suppose I can't help but look silly. I am chasing a myth, and no one gives good directions for those..."

The lack of structure was a bit grating, honestly. "At least your hunt appears to have gone much better in comparison."

@Maxx
word count: 120
Image Image
Maxx
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Maxx »

"Greetings to you," Thunder said merrily, quite used to formalities himself, "a foxbun is but a small thing to hunt, but the proof is in the tasting, as you will."

He carefully toddled over, and squinted at the totoma.
"A myth though," his unusually intense glowing eyes trained upon him, "now that is worth chasing. I am from the plains: I've chased many things, but most of all, what I thought was a myth. I still yet chased, for some part of me believed it must - sent, as a sign from the Motherfather - have been real."

"Why, I could tell you about my myth-chasing all day."

And it looked like he meant it too, with his satisfied grin. Perhaps this was not quite the sort of encounter a solemnly courteous totoma would have sought, for if Thunder were humoured, he was quite happy to run away with any chance to talk about himself.

@Gl!tch~
word count: 157
Gl!tch~
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Gl!tch~ »

"Could you? Impressive!" As amiable as Polite presented himself, that didn't mean he was any less astute. He analyzed Thunder's words, and contemplated how a kiokote might have such intense eyes.

"Perhaps another day; your foxbun will stay warm for only so long, and I have an expecting doe to attend to."

A bit forward, but necessary. There was only so much time in a day, and he could only spare so much of it for a quest born of rumors.

"If I may ask, however, did you find what you were looking for?"

@Maxx
word count: 97
Image Image
Maxx
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Maxx »

It seemed Thunder only really heard the last line as he turned his intensely-glowing eyes to the sky.

"Yes, I came to the swamp with the Ache," he mused, looking into the distance, "both the sickness, and an ache...in my chest! I chased a vision that had led me through my naming dream, but ah, when I came to the swamp, I found that very vision, and so much more. It was not long after I had found my fated mate - the one I saw in my naming dream, that I had this strange dream that would change my very - "

Then everything screeched to a wordless halt as his head and jaw stilled, but his eyes turned back and widened.

""An expecting doe," you said," mildly wondering.

"Oh good Motherfather this is only my second," and he turned back to buck with a deeply guilty look, "so that is why I was so drawn to you! Ah, my apologies, my apologies!"

And the big kiokote solemnly took the foxbun off his back, and plonked it upon the backscales of the totoma.

"A gift from myself, and let me see if I could possibly get a gift from the Motherfather for you. You know, I can't guarantee it, perhaps She is sometimes busy, but I will do my best. What would you like your children to be blessed with, with the understanding that perhaps it may not come to pass but certainly we will all try our best?"

(@Gl!tch~ I'm so sorry he's a mess)
word count: 260
Gl!tch~
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Gl!tch~ »

Second...? Polite had to take a step back to parse that from all of the kiokote's rambling.

He contemplated Distant Thunder's words some more.

...Oh.

A little more contemplation.

...Ah.

So that meant, and that meant... Well then. It all made sense now. The glow in his eye, easily mistaken for being of kimeti blood, the presence the buck carried. The oddities he spoke of, just vaguely enough, but only just.

If one chases myths, sometimes they did in fact find them. The kiokote fit well enough, thinking about it now. Better than the enigma of an old crone he might offend without realizing.

Polite gave a curt nod, difficult as it was with the foxbun on his back. "I thank you for your kindness."

He had to shake off his lingering bewilderment, and get to the point. Polite had prepared for this, somewhat, but perhaps he was still in shock that he got it on the first try.

"The expecting doe...she is a kimeti. I do not think she has ever been with a totoma before. From what I understand, that can be a heavy burden. It may be asking too much, but if I may, I wish for her to suffer as little as possible without risk to the children she carries."

Polite owed her as much respite as he could find.

@Maxx
Last edited by Gl!tch~ on Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 228
Image Image
Maxx
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Maxx »

"Oh yes," he mused, "how considerate! Yes, possible squirmy little lambs, kicking all about. Mm. Let's see."

Then he assumed the power stance and did a goodly yell to the sky:

"HEAR YOUR SONS, MOTHERFATHER," this worked last time so it should this time? "HIS NICE KIMETI GIRL IS PREGNANT WITH POSSIBLE LAMBIES PLEASE ENSURE THEIR SAFE PASSAGE AND THE SAFENESS OF HER PASSAGE AS WELL."

Was that appropriate? Well, it was done. Thunder was sure the Motherfather would interpret his sentiment.

"It is done," he beamed obnoxiously, nodding with great pleasure, before gallantly galloping off into the distance, leaving his foxbun corpse gift on the father-to-be.
word count: 110
Gl!tch~
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Gl!tch~ »

Well. They never mentioned that in the rumors. Polite stood a moment.

Another moment.

Finally exhaling, he ambled off, more baffled than he had ever been before in his life.

At least dinner was settled for the night.
word count: 38
Image Image