[Bless] Still Angry [The Killing Moon/Rise/Darken]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 4,088.88 Pebbles

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

[Bless] Still Angry [The Killing Moon/Rise/Darken]

Post by Ruriska »

She was agitated.

Now I Rise wasn’t good-natured to begin with, she was always quick to anger, desperate to fight and prove her own strength. But she was at least somewhat more relaxed around And I Darken.

Just not today.

Or for the last few days.

She’d nearly kicked from when he had asked her what she wanted for dinner and she’d been grumbling, pacing back and forth, tearing at random plants, for what seemed like hours. Far too irritable.

He simply stood by and watched, going through the list of potential reasons until he’d settled on one.

“You’re pregnant,” he sighed.

She froze immediately.

Her expression, when she turned her face towards him, seemed almost guilty. She’d been found out. Not that he wanted her to feel guilty. He didn’t care what she did in her private time or who with but she was a terrible mother.

She’d proved that with the first clutch.

He’d done his best to keep an eye on the sacs but she hadn’t been keen to linger for long and so he could only imagine where they were now or if they’d even survived.

He’d spoken those words out loud once and she had scoffed immediately.

‘Of course they’re still alive. They are my children.’

Now Rise looked uncomfortable, scuffing at the dirt with her hooves.

“Maybe,” she said.

“You hate being pregnant,” he pointed out.

She bristled immediately, baring her teeth.

It wouldn’t be easy to trick her into meeting a Legendary this time.

She’d been mad at him for weeks after that.

“It was an accident,” Now I Rise grumbled.

It would be hard to escape her watchful eye in order to locate a Legendary, and the chances of running across one, especially The Killing Moon, was dreadfully low. But he was still hopeful of seeing the handsome red-haired stag again.

Despite that hope, and with various plans to seek away in the night, And I Darken was given no chance.

As the next few days progressed, Now I Rise barely slept, ever watchful, refusing to let her brother out of her sights. She rightfully suspected him of his plans, hardly stupid, despite how her childish anger often made her appear.

It seemed as though he wouldn’t get the chance to seek out a Legendary for this clutch, so he was very surprised to wake up to find one standing over him.

The stag, a familiar face, smiled charmingly.

“You two again, eh?” He said.

At his voice, Rise woke with a start beside Darken.

“You!” She hissed, up on her hooves in an instant, aggression in every line of her body.

“You do realize a blessing is a good thing, don’t you?” The Killing Moon asked, unphased and friendly.

“I’ll rip out your throat!”

The stag laughed and looked back down at Darken. “Is it going to be like this every time?”

“Most assuredly,” Darken replied, trying to hide his blushing reaction to being spoken to.

“Well, may these children grow up sensible and wise. They’ll need all the help they can get.”

“Thank you,” Darken said hurriedly.

And The Killing Moon left just as quickly before Now I Rise could take a chunk out of his hide.
word count: 558