Jun
Certist
Certist
Pebbles: 6,324.98 Pebbles

Forum

First Strike

Post by Jun »

FIRST STRIKE [ Strike ] :: 03.10.2011 [ doe ]

She looks like danger, but her voice is ever soft, gentle and low. Ceaselessly polite, superbly gracious. As she holds a most delightful and sympathetic conversation, she reaches out and crushes the head of a passing mongoose beneath a crimson hoof. Daintily, she eats, never breaking her gaze from yours. "Oh, yes, do go on," as you falter; blood stains her crisp white muzzle as red as the smear around her eye - an eye that reflects, from its cool, glassy sheen, your face, and nothing else. Perhaps you should retreat. Perhaps the next is you. She looks like danger.

She does not harm for sport, she does not specifically harm for gain. She harms because all things to her are akin to ants, or little more. Bucks are less. Bucks are her best prey. Like a mantis, she sways. Like a mantis, she strikes - but not all is lost; she can take a shine to you. She is arbitarily affectionate. Mostly, her arbitrary affection is reserved for does, whom she can much better appreciate. She can be kind, she can be generous, even loving. She can be the finest friend, for there is much she can do for you. Unless you become...inconvenient. Oh, it is a pity, but what does it matter, in the end?

But then...she loved her daughters.

BONDS ::
Swarm - even as a mantis, she can sense a wasp queen

BLOOD :: [ kindex ]

Offspring ::
x Nose-in-the-Air [ Nose in the Air Strike :: Under Pressure | No Mercy | Little Poison ]
x ?? [ ?? :: Three-course Meal | Second Nature ]
x Snare [ First Snare :: Treachery | Lovesick | Second Chances ]

RP LOGS :: First Strike [ naming dream - #yellowgreen ]

CHILD [ 06.02.2020 ]
So close to herself.

...amputating as he's waiting...he's unresponsive 'cause you're irresponsible... - Amputations

Spoiler
NOTES :: I went through a bug phase as a kid, complete with dinky plastic insectorium and the ravenous observation of scores of beetles and butterflies - but none ever captivated me more than my brief tenure as the pet-owner of a five-legged praying mantis. Mantids were not really made to live inside dinky plastic insectorium, and my tenure was very - very - brief, but while it lasted, that five-legged mantis was the most fulfilling pet. I have slightly-obsessively loved mantises ever after. Being also slightly-obsessive over kimet-based-off-other-animals, I've naturally been coveting a mantis 'meti (also a giant mantis pet because man that would be so awesome, but wasps are awesome too) - but Fishbones already exists, and a gorgeous mantis'meti he is, too. So it was an idea I let fester for months upon months, little spikes of ideas like the name and naming dream percolating - until the custom raffles this October pushed me over the edge. I didn't want to encroach upon FB's beautifully marked territory, though, so I pitched for orchid mantises instead, and submitted a picture in general rather than specifying the mantis itself as key. Strike is what resulted, thanks to, unbelievably enough the number 17 being rolled for the last non-edit slot on the day of the purported second coming of the Second Coming. I always knew my raffle luck would involve an apocalypse. I have to admit that I was so absolutely certain of my inability to strike gold that I didn't really think too hard about the request - I had a split second after where I thought, 'd'oh, maybe I should have specified stuff for a full custom...', but aside from the edit-heavies, I've always been a fan of letting blue loose, anyway...and I was intensely curious to see what would come of the pic. Against all odds, I was actually awake for the bluestream - Maxx was late for school, and not exactly subtle about it. I saw that blue was streaming Mika's gorgeous edited Blood of Mine and possibly ende's Dances on Dunes, and there was no way I was going to miss blue working on edits if I could help it! I was rather jolly if zombied through Mika's beautiful girl...but when blue opened up my ref pic, my mind shut down. Wait! This wasn't in the script! What unfolded over the next session blew my mind. In one way or another, what came out was much closer to the praying mantis girl I always hazily dreamed of than the orchid mantis I thought I would have to settle for - the sharp high lines of green on crisp white somehow ended up evoking the sleek, thin lines of the correct mantis incredibly, and once blue started tracing out the stripes, I was sunk. Those stripes! "She wanted to turn out this way, all green and fierce," blue eventually commented in-stream, and I exulted, because I hadn't known it, but I wanted her to turn out this way, all green and fierce. ;A; Just last night I had mentioned a predominantly green 'meti was the biggest gap in my collection, that I'd been searching to plug (for I adore yellowy green with a strange mad passion) - I didn't think for a second just a few hours later, I would have it. Save the stripes, her swathes are clean and simple - but to me, oh so breathtakingly clear. When blue stroked the last flourish and zoomed out to eye her, I can only imagine, with an artist's critical gaze, she asked "Hey, Jun, what would you say if I said she's done?" I (reached for the keyboard, hit the wrong button, ended up navigating through several windows before finally finding the chat field again and) replied, "I would say DOES ANYBODY WANT TO BREED WITH THOSE STRIPES NOW?" And I still mean it, with all the sleek and terrible lines of her ferocity. Thank you so much, blue! She is just perfect, in so many different ways. (Also, I know I am unfairly perpetuating ambiguous mantis stereotypes, but... 8D;;; )

PETS :: One of the original eight from when I commissioned the template. It was always meant for Strike, as she was based on orchid mantises, but it took me eleventy million years to find the right name. And it's probably better that she got it at this point of her life after learning all those lessons, anyway.
Last edited by Jun on Thu May 21, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 1063
Jun
Certist
Certist

Forum

From Dawn

Post by Jun »

FROM DAWN [ Dawn ] :: 03.11.2011 [ buck ]

The searing sun to his sister's shadow.  Morality? Laughable. Compassion? Alien. An abandoned sac in a treacherous place, an early tooth of survival to cut - but of course he must, to keep her safe. His precious sister, His perfect sister, prized above all else: his beautiful Dusk. Every move of his, he plots for her...and every move of hers - for she doesn't know what's good for herself, no, he alone knows what is best for Dusk.

Their welfare is his foremost concern; the rest of the world? Expendable, at best. And live comfortably, now, they do - the spoils of others, sometimes through stealth, sometimes outright. And for the cuts that really matter...unpleasant jobs for certain Kin, who pay well to get another's hooves dirty. And Dawn has no trouble getting his hooves dirty, not with the riches he has to clean them off with afterwards. Not that everything is perfect - his sister's taste in bucks concerns him greatly. None of the laggards she alights her eye upon are good enough to touch her...but if she wishes so greatly to bestow affection upon them - ah, the difficult life of a caring brother. Ah well, she is so very obedient in all other matters...and if they should harm her, he would simply have to dispose of them...

As for himself? His flings are merely casual dalliances with pretty does - only the ones who are exceptionally strong, or at least especially strange, are the names he may remember afterwards. What use is there in expending attention on a doe when none of them may ever even begin to match up to his perfect Dusk...

To Dusk - his precious, perfect sister...

Origin :: ?? x ?? [ ?? :: From Dawn - To Dusk ]

x Witch Hunt [ Evening Hunt :: Accuse | Spellbound | Bloodhound | Outfox | Badlands ]

RP LOGS :: From Dawn [ naming dream - #orangered ]

...let me smother every aspect of your soul... - Let Me Be Your Armour

Spoiler
NOTES :: I actually did up a quest post for these twins: "I had a clear vision for the naming dreams for the Recite twins contest - a clear vision scuppered by my digital ineptitude, anyway - and Ruri was lovely enough to actually get excited over them when I sounded her out for partnership. I don't know why I keep doing pictorial dreams, they never end well - but when an idea takes hold, I just can't shake it no matter how hard I try to steer away. Needless to say, we never stood a chance, and I'm at once still very fond of the concept and awfully guilty about having gotten Ruri excited, so I really hope these dreams may come in use... " And then there was this ridiculously long text section for what was essentially a fairly simple visual: "Essentially based off their naming dreams above - or more accurately, the concept/feel of them (especially since they were originally made for a pair of twins much more abstractised in design, with the glowy markings on gradienty reds to darks theme being the inspiration and probably the most important element). I'm not too good at CG though, and couldn't really translate my vision with fidelity, so I'm sticking in a few photos that illustrate what I'd meant to achieve better: This is the closest I could get to the dream scene, though the colours in this are more accurate (darker and redder, mostly), and branches might've worked better than leaves. And here's a sunset-silhouetted bird pic - I love the idea of birdy elements in the markings, perhaps a wing-mask over one eye, that sort of thing. But all the comments are really just thoughts, or suggestions at best. " And I said stupid things in my bribe request like: "My birthday's coming up on the 17th and I would love to give Ruri something for my birthday - *shot* Okay, okay, I'm happy coming off the back of First Strike and not really in a hurry, but I've been sitting on them for a while and thought I'd just try my luck since you said you were picking bribes tonight. XD" And blue took them on anyway.Good gosh, she is a saint - or  a goddess, as the outcome would attest to. I could never have imagined that my confused ramblings would result in these - those wings! I am so relieved happy that Ruri, darling sweet, kind, so infinitely patient-through-all-my-wishy-washying Ruri, seems happy with her beautiful girl, and the fact that I actually took the buck in the end tells you everything you need to know about him. Their characters just tumbled into place after they came into being and, oh, we will have so much fun with them. ;A; Thank you so much (again), blue!
Last edited by Jun on Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 815
Jun
Certist
Certist

Forum

Love Becomes You

Post by Jun »

LOVE BECOMES YOU [ Beloved ] :: 17.11.2011 [ sac . foal . filly . doe ]

Not with you, not of you. Inscrutable.

Who knows what Beloved is thinking? None of them ever do. She sees much and says little. Her voice is cool and low, a little dusty, velvetine. She is perfectly solemn. They have never heard her laugh, but they have seen the elegant line of her lip curve into a grim smile. She smiles at the most unexpected things, her humour is dry. She is utterly a lady - perhaps.

She is more her mother's child, but the logic without the anger. She understands all and sympathises with none. An old soul, a steel mind, a vise - whichever, or none; it doesn't matter. When she looks at you, she sees right through you - some feel, eyeing the matching shards down her muzzle, almost trifold. But she is a bit of a princess, she is used to getting her way.

And always, it seems, almost always, she is beloved, but it is some other love that becomes her.

Come Running - almost always together, the princess and her knight; she doesn't say, but loves her best

Origin :: Moonfrost-like-Ashes x The Sun Also Rises [ Rise from Moon Ashes :: Come Running | The Killing Moon | Love Becomes You | My Very Best | Only the Ashes Remain ]

Other Siblings ::
[ Carol | Bob | Foster ]

RP LOGS :: Love Becomes You [ naming dream - #steelblue ]

ImageImage

DEARLY DEPARTED [ 19.06.2012 ]
Beloved led Run to the abandoned Haunted Caves and returned with this morbid little creature. It seems to please her greatly.

CORPSELIGHT [ 31.03.2012 ]
When a swarm of mantises descended upon Rise & Shine, Rise thought them locusts; Beloved thought them sweet.

...I'm not with you, not of you; not with you, not of you...some other love becomes you, whatever else it comes to... - I Know We Could Be So Happy, Baby (If We Wanted to Be)

Spoiler
NOTES :: An unbelievable surprise from Maxx on my birthday. Entire account reproduced in this post. They mean more to me than I can say, which is obviously why I said so bloody much there. Part deux. Part trois. La fin.

PETS :: I'd actually woke up rather too late for the surprise! beetle hunt event that day, but this was one of the two left that had eluded active seekers thus far. Looking at the links people had already visited, I had a feeling - and lo, there it was, in the Haunted Bug Cave. I could not have asked for a set more apt - especially after all the time I'd spent there. I'd actually managed to take my own sweet time naming it because it had to be perfect, resigning myself to someone else's snipe, but to my immense surprise, it was still all mine when I finally posted for it. The owner came later, complete with agonising over Photoshop match-ups. I'd been on the brink of giving it to Re-wind, since she'd been the one who'd spent all that time there, and it matched her colours fine - but Beloved thought it suited her very well. So it did. (Also, the thought of tossing an additional pet into Re-wind's already rather complex RP style made my mind explode.) tl;dr: LUCKY! SO PLEASED! (Technically male.) | I'd asked for a glass mantis for one of my winged recolour options without knowing who would like it - as it turned out, Beloved liked it, very much.
Last edited by Jun on Thu May 21, 2020 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 586
Jun
Certist
Certist

Forum

Only the Ashes Remain

Post by Jun »

ONLY THE ASHES REMAIN [ Left ] :: 17.11.2011 [ sac . foal . colt . buck ]

Left is Not Impressed. With you, nor you, nor least of all himself.

He is very much a replica of his mother - except, he suspects, and it is a suspicion that crushes him - not nearly good enough. Inheriting both the brilliance and the anger, except she is always ahead, and he is always...more angry. And unlike Grey, who's happy to be happy only when others are unhappy, Left's anger stems from real frustration, with the inability of those around him to understand his reasoning, and most of all, with his own limitations. And worse, where his mother desires no companionship, there is a deep and hidden core within him that craves affection - he is utterly flawed, utterly vulnerable, and utterly driven to hide all his cracks under an impervious layer of scorn. He is hard on all - but hardest on himself, ever driving onward to better his intellect to best his yardstick. Grey is perfectly content to let him muddle ever onward till the day he finally realises it is a competition with himself alone. Left is a far way from that day.

He would rather die than admit it, but he secretly loves cute things and sweet things and is actually quite vain. Obviously the whole family knows that, but pretend they don't through sheer pity. Even Best.

The Killing Moon - the cool brother he's an excitable schoolgirl mess over
My Very Best - the mean brother he never stops fighting with

Origin :: Moonfrost-like-Ashes x The Sun Also Rises [ Rise from Moon Ashes :: Come Running | The Killing Moon | Love Becomes You | My Very Best | Only the Ashes Remain ]

[ Carol | Bob | Foster ]

RP LOGS :: Only the Ashes Remain [ naming dream - #lightslategray ]

ImageImageImageImage

TOTAL ECLIPSE ( Eclipse ) [ 04.08.2011 ]
Sick of the whining, Rise brought a flaming crane and a dark turtle back to the shop and told Best, "Look, son, you're always saying I favour the girls - but, here, I've brought a couple of pets back, and you can choose one, and give the other to a sibling of yours." Being very much that kind of boy, Best chose the fast and fiery crane rather than the slow and dark and did-I-mention-slow turtle. Then he surveyed his siblings...and smirked.

ICEBOW [ 15.07.2012 ]
One good hound deserved another; named Icebow for the halo round the gleaming moon.

Origin :: Forest Sunrise x Echo [ Forest Echo :: Walking on Fire | Courage | Icebow ]

FLUFFY [ 25.01.2012 ]
As amazing as it was that Rise & Shine had proudly managed to tame and farm chickens, Left did not want to be the custodian of one...especially not after Best went to insidious lengths to get it to respond exclusively to Fluffy.

BLOOD MOON ( Blood ) [ 03.12.2013 ]
He hasn't stopped crying over this remarkably Killing Moon-coloured bunbun Killing Moon gifted to him.

...and I waited there for you...why couldn't you?... - Cocoon

Spoiler
NOTES :: An unbelievable surprise from Maxx on my birthday. Entire account reproduced in this post. They mean more to me than I can say, which is obviously why I said so bloody much there. Part deux. Part trois. La fin.

PETS :: Many, many months ago, when these kids were still a twinkle in Rise's eye, Abs coloured up an amazing crane and turtle after the sun and the moon as runner-up prizes for Maxx and I in the Sun and Moon contest. Only Rise and Grey's kids, I'd thought, could own these guys. And now they do. c: (Technically male.) | I had meant to consign Left to nothing but turtleness for the rest of his life - but Ruri offered so sweetly...and I couldn't resist. QAQ He matches Left's frost so well, and looks like floating phosphoresence wading after into into the marsh at night...and Left would honestly have murdered me if I refused a gift from his Killing Moon. XD;;; (Technically male.) | CHICKEN CHICKEN CHICKEN CHICKEN. *SO EXCITED* Of course I had to have the grey one - and of course it would have to go to Left... | GUESS WHO GOT ME A KILLING MOON BUNBUN TO GO WITH HER LEFT BUNBUN QAQ <3<3 (Technically male.)
Last edited by Jun on Thu May 21, 2020 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 721
Jun
Certist
Certist

Forum

Who Watches

Post by Jun »

WHO WATCHES [ Who ] :: 25.12.2011 [ buck ]

Who is always watching. In some other life, Who holds station in the snowy peaks. In this, he's just a recluse in a swamp - or just at the borders of: the sparer, the more like home. Thus, he has a habit of lurking distant places, sternly admonishing accidental tourists 'you shouldn't be here', and never telling them why they shouldn't be.

At first glance, he is alien, sleek and plumed; for some it might even be hard to tell at once whether buck or doe, his horns sweep up - but then, it ends in a feather or two, and what does that even mean. His voice is a rustle like the beat of a wing, wind through the trees - the 'who' of an owl. He is not happy to see you. He guards his solitude - or so he believes, but he is never really alone. First, the owlcat, then, the crane, and surely more will follow. He doesn't think it hypocrisy, after all, they do not speak.

And the only one who does, that he willingly crosses paths with... Who is deeply conflicted - he lives by a stringent code of honour...the other does not. And now it is all over.

Break you Down - but...why?

x Death to Death [ Whose Widow :: The Ghost of You Lingers | Blood Royal | The Night Will Always Win | Moon Over Ghost Boughs ]

RP LOGS :: Who Watches [ naming dream - #darkgray ]

ImageImage

RAW SEARCH ( Raw ) [ 25.12.2011 ]
An excellent hunter. Relentless. Some might consider him a troublemaker, but quite simply, it is or it is not.

SILK SPECTRE ( Silk ) [ 25.12.2011 ]
And then she spreads her wings...

...who watches the watchmen?... - Watchmen | Discworld | Satires of Juvenal

Spoiler
NOTES :: TOTALSUPRISE!GOT me my long-running owl-buck quest for Christmas. I freaked out here. And now, I will reproduce his quest details: "Visual: Colouring + Markings - Essentially based off a colour-adjusted (desaturated, minus yellow beak) leucistic barred owl - Colour-adjusted reference here (but WITHOUT the barn owl-esque mask, please!)Original gallery for markings reference here - markings shown off here: 1, 2, 3, 4, in addition to colour-adjusted references above (watch out for the yellow stealth-watermarks!) Owl to be taken as inspiration rather than strict model - or however the artist thinks best to interpret it, basically! Edits - Guide - illustrated approximation for head + tail Head - Removal of both beard and facial (nose+brow-ridge) scales, with slicked-back feathers from head (like neat slicked-back hair, but sleeker and feathery, as approximated in pic) Body: Non-facial scales either smoothed down for a sleeker look, or removed, as preferred by colourist. + Horns: Horns narrowing to a couple of feathered ends as approximated in pic, exact number of feathers up to colourist as suits the look + Tail: To be sleeker, either feathers or the suggestion of feathers/feathery endings in parts, as approximated in pic, whichever suits the look + Hooves: If tasteful, maybe a similar edit as the tail for the fluff around his hooves, or just fluff edit if it goes with the look (Head+Body edits crucial to concept, but Horns, Tail + Hooves depending on my financial resources...) *Edits rehauled after realising the original too closely resembled Lookout's and PMing Rejam about it! To further remove the concept, the barn owl-esque mask has been elimated from markings - the most important part of the colouring is really the colour scheme, so colourist can work around it at will. Awaiting a Rejam edit slot so that she can make it as different as she'd like! To explicate, the concept was originally inspired by the shots of the barred owl in the colour-adjusted ref. The name was originally Who, but evolved to Who Watches due to the old "who watches the watchman" chestnut, and the naming dream followed. The pets followed because, though that phrase is always Pratchetty rather than Moorey to me, I'm still a comic book geek hathathat..." I still can't believe he's really. Finally. Mine. He's more incredible than I could've thought possible, and, wow. Just. Wow.

PETS :: Freak out as above - quest details here: "It started out with the crane and the owlcat, but after a few sleepless nights, I've gone a little crazy and will eventually get him THE POWER RANGERS a full set - and while theyll essentially be visually  based off the Watchmen, they'll also be a little Night Watch-y, if you let some things slide... All these pets will be based off the same source as Who, or Who himself, with accents/shimmer/something in a colour specific to themselves: Crane - Silk Spectre - yellow/gold (Angua parallel, though entirely the wrong species sry sry) Owlcat - Raw Search - inkblot mask (oh Glod it's a Nobby parallel innit...) *snip - to be added as added* And with their POWERS COMBINED He'd probably start out with Silk Spectre (technically female) and Raw Search (technically male), and acquire the rest slowly and RP'ly..." I still can't get over them.
Last edited by Jun on Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 854
Jun
Certist
Certist

Forum

Little Poison

Post by Jun »

LITTLE POISON  :: 09.01.2011 [ doe ]

The dad is neurotic, the mom is psychotic, but the kid turned out alright. Mostly. Rather well-adjusted, a little long-suffering, often guarded, eminently practical. She doesn't form ties with many, but she is very good with the few - a necessary survival skill in a family of weirdoes. She won't complain though - after all, her only sane brother, Under Pressure, is the one who gets to run after the crazies when things go wrong. She merely watches, shakes her head, and puts things right (where possible). She is also very good at getting things doneTM. To this end, she likes to put things together to see if they can get things done faster or betterTM - a bit of a tinkerer, in other words. At first introduction, she always goes by her full name. After time, if she warms to you, she'll mention, briefly, in passing, that you can call her just Poison, but only if you want, her full name is good too. It's not so much decorum, she's...a little shy.

There is really nothing very wrong with Little Poison - save that she never forgets a slight. And if you're really, really, bad...well. It's just a little poison...

BONDS :: -

Origin :: First Strike x Nose-in-the-Air [ Nose in the Air Strike :: Under Pressure | No Mercy | Little Poison ]

x Into the Silent Land [ Silent Poison :: Red Velvet | Hanging Moss | Smoke Flower ]

[ Three-course Meal | Second Nature ]
[ Sweetvetch | Soothsayer | Farseer | Floating Dream | Sainfoin ]
[ Treachery | Lovesick | Second Chances ]

RP LOGS :: Little Poison [ naming dream - #AD897F ]

VIVISECT [ 03.01.2012 ]
"I wonder what I could learn if I vivisected it," she mused dreamily over the little frog she had retrieved from the pond when it'd caught her eye. Her pale brother looked up from his examination of the poor creature, "Sorry, I missed that - what did you say? I was just thinking how good its colours look with your stripes." A sudden flush suffused her cheeks as sense and shame returned to her, "I, uh, I was just saying I think I'll name it Vivisect."

x Frog Legs [ Frog Legs x Vivisect :: Bash | Dry | Demand ]

...I want to hurt you just to hear you screaming my name... - Poison

Spoiler
NOTES :: So on the eve of my birthday, Ruri darlin' goes "I'm going to buy you a RL Matope breeding. 8D" My response basically ran 'oh no no no no I couldn't no no no you shouldn't no no no no - you sure? Yesplz." The next day, Maxx springs Rising from Moon Ashes bbys on me. YES. EVERYBODY HAS FIGURED OUT THERE IS ONLY ONE THING JUN DESIRES. Fueled by contentment over Moon Ashes bbys, we could afford to leisurely take the next few weeks figuring out some compelling pairs, absurdly and excitedly deciding on the polar opposites Nose and Strike, and writing out a fun (ahahahah sorry Nose) little meeting RP for them, before submitting the form. They had nothing in common, colours, markings, and I pondered what blue could possibly do - but then, I had pondered the same for Rise and Grey and - well, we know how that turned out. Indeed, for a few weeks later, Ruri sprang 'EXCITEMENT' on me in my Inbox, and - WOW. I won't lie - I lingered over each one covetously. No Mercy, with his mama's poison colours - and his dad's edits. >D The little bubbles too, so subtly played across his flank and jaw, and that blazing orange/red so judiciously splashed. Under Pressure - and oh, how much indecision I lavished over him - everyone knows that, uh, *looks up and down my line-up*, I have a thing for monochromatic, pale, naturalistic, gradienty bucks... His colours, gradients, and subtle stripes were so beautiful - and his pale green eye! - they took my breath away. But it was almost inevitable that my eyes would be pulled instant to the sole doe and my mind would reel: "Just a little poison." And so it is. Only later did I realise I must've had this bit of To the Lighthouse in my head that I was talking to Maxx about the other day: "'Nature has but little clay,' said Mr. Bankes once, hearing her voice on the telephone, and much moved by it though she was only telling him a fact about a train, 'like that of which she moulded you.'" How apt. If I had realised it sooner, I wouldn't have spent days agonising over whether or not I should call her Little Poison - the other considerations numbered many, but she never really let me turn away. Except for one thing - when Maxx decisively scooped up Under Pressure (when I was deciding on my pick of the kids, I was well torn between the poisonous doe and the beautiful buck, and the whole time he was going 'TAKE THE DOE - TAKE THE DOE'. I'd assumed it was because he wanted Under Pressure for himself, hathat. Later, after my Christmas surprise, I realised he was partly panicking over the similar tonality between him and Who - partly, because I still suspect he just wanted Pressure for himself.), he told he would make his character the longsuffering-looking-out-for-his-siblings-with-exasperation sort - "like Leo. You know. From Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles." I told him I would call my girl, uh, 'Dawn Teller', then. Obviously I didn't, but parts of the character have stuck, anyway. XD;;

PETS :: As soon as I learnt that blue was doing a mass froggy giveaway, I set up alarm for the time. I'd said Little Poison reminded me of a poisonous frog the first day I saw her, and a frog I would get her somehow. I had two hazy hours of constant time-checking in bed, dreaming fitfully of catching pixel frogs, but there I was, having dragged Maxx up from the depths for a go. Maxx caught one of the twenty in four tries. Me...well, you know that Peanuts Halloween special where Charlie Brown keeps getting a rock? I have it on good word (from Syr) that he never got that candy after all. Yes. This is pretty much how I fare with chance games all the time (save that once I got Little Poison's mom!). I think I may have rolled more times than anyone else. XD;; Honestly though, it was tons of fun, and even if blue hadn't offered to pick up all froggie bribes after that... But of course she did. >D I'd originally asked for a glass frog to complement her naming dream, not realising that transparency was considered an edit, but quickly changed it after blue's note. The result is just perfect, pale stripes and all, for Little Poison, and a sight prettier than a glass frog would've been, I think! In a strange twist, Little Poison now has a frog that's essentially her colours in inverse - the way Maxx's lucky-dip frog turned out to be essentially his girl Summer Fades' colours in inverse. What are the odds?! I just adore the frogs, and I adore mine beyond reason - thank you so much for being so ridiculously kind about things, blue! (Technically male.)
Last edited by Jun on Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 1227
Jun
Certist
Certist

Forum

Linger

Post by Jun »

LINGER :: 29.02.2012 [ buck ]

Linger is a hardluck hero-wannabe. At least he's cute. Perennially down-on-his-luck Linger has always lacked assurance and purpose - till the day he got into a scrape too big to get out of alone (he's too embarrassed to talk about it) and was rescued by the superhero of the Swamp du jour - JUSTICE. The dashing buck left him with an inspiring platitude of superheroism and justice, and Linger has been starry-eyed ever since. No longer did he lack direction, he ran straight to his younger brother (hey, every hero needs a sidekick) and proposed a life of fighting crime: he may not be a smidgen as incredible and cool and suave as Justice, but surely he could do his best to protect the innocent and...and...be let into the...Justice League?!

Yeah, right. The superhero gig seems to be working out just fine for his sidekick, but the hero himself has fallen into more scummy ponds and mud puddles than he cares to detail. He may have found his calling, but his luck (or miscoordination...) hasn't seen fit to change. But as long as he works hard at it, things are bound to get better, right? ...Right?

Everlong - he's supposed to be the sidekick! Q_Q
All I See - he hasn't seen his mother since his locks grew long, but he remembers she was very beautiful, and she taught him how to put his hair up with a rose. That's got to count for something, right?

Origin :: All I See x No Other [ Only You :: Come What May - Linger | Delicate | Unforgettable | Everlong | All I Have to Give ]

[ The End of All Things | Touch-Me-Not | Eaten Away | Stilled Heart | Triumph ]
[ Honeyguide | Ail - Adore | Madder ]
[ Sweet Memories | Sugar Rush | Waltz of the Damned | Ever Dashing | Oath to Order ]

RP LOGS :: Linger [ naming dream - #lightcoral ]

LET IT ( Let ) [ 10.08.2012 ]
At first, Linger wasn't quite pleased that a foxbun had taken up with him - he had envisioned a more dangerous pet, like a caiman, or a cheetah, befitting his heroic image...but it proved to be a clever little thing, and puts up his hair much faster than he does, so, okay, yay, foxbun.

x Hold Tight [ Let's Linger :: Eyes Closed | Perplexed | Happens ]

...do you have to, do you have to, do you have to let it linger... - Linger

Spoiler
NOTES :: All I See x No Other was one of the very first pairings I'd ever thrown myself into, back in April 2011. I was so invested it became a sort of obsession. At one point, I nearly threw over 20mil in the ring for them when blue ran that edited breeding auction (I still can't believe I only lost by a pittance, I'd thought it'd have soared out of my reach overnight). In the end, my efforts failed, and it was elvy, the saint that she is, who scraped me off the pavement this many months later and went Dutch in with me for RLC. XD Everything was absolutely worth it though, for the kids fill me with such delight. Surely even All I See must be proud? I ain't gonna lie, I may have bussed Linger for All I Have to Give if elvy hadn't staked her claim. XD I did go into the breeding coveting No Other's colours, and he has such a serenely beautiful face - that hair! And of all the colours, I loved Everlong's most, though he was just one shade off Delicate. I may have caved if Maxx hadn't prodded me endlessly to give him over so he may call him Everlong and get me a daughter with similar shades called When... All this sounds horrible to Linger but it honestly wasn't so horrible - I said from the start that I would be more than happy with any of the boys, and I am indeed utterly charmed by this odd duck of mine, with his supar-retro palette and pastel-half-rainbow gradient stockings and tail - that tail! He hit me with a personality and backstory straight away, and here we are. Don't look at me like that, boy, you know I love you. His name was not quite as easy - I agonised long days over which song to saddle him with and nearly settled on a few other options until I decided that Linger suited his personality best. This does not have anything to do with Captain Linger at all. No. |: (I dug up this episode retroactively, but it does sum up his crimefighting career with Everlong pretty well...) Oh, Linger!

PETS :: ಥ_ಥ Lolli may be the only person in the world who holds a superfun contest, then commissions pets for everybody who entered that superfun contest, regardless of the fact that it was a superfun contest was all the reward anybody needed for it! But, aaaaaarrrrggghhhhh, the WAH! I felt when I first saw my supercute adorable lovely little pastel foxbun... ಥᗣಥ Oh, Lolli - Lolli, just joining your contest was fun enough for me! Thank you so much for this wonderful little prize! I also warred long and hard with myself over the name...but in the end I did have to, I did have to, I did have to Let It linger. XD /SHOT (Technically female.)
Last edited by Jun on Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 906
Jun
Certist
Certist

Forum

Delicate

Post by Jun »

DELICATE :: 29.02.2012 [ doe ]

The ones that inherited her hair, the mother left with a rose and a blessing. Delicate was not one of those. She holds no grudge: she well understands self-interest, vanity, heartlessness. She has not yet decided if she is thus aligned but she well understands them - save the last, she is reasonably sure she has no heart.

Bucks and does both hold as little interest for her - to come at it from the opposite angle, they hold as much. She seeks brief dalliances only: shallow flings with vapid, pretty Kin, dispassionate affairs with likeminded solitaires. Without a heart, she has never been moved...yet.

Delicate is on the cusp. She alone will decide her destiny.

Origin :: All I See x No Other [ Only You :: Come What May - Linger | Delicate | Unforgettable | Everlong | All I Have to Give ]

[ The End of All Things | Touch-Me-Not | Eaten Away | Stilled Heart | Triumph ]
[ Honeyguide | Ail - Adore | Madder ]
[ Sweet Memories | Sugar Rush | Waltz of the Damned | Ever Dashing | Oath to Order ]

RP LOGS :: Delicate [ naming dream - #olivedrab ]

...if it means nothing to you, why do you sing with me at all... - Delicate

Spoiler
NOTES :: All I See x No Other was one of the very first pairings I'd ever thrown myself into, back in April 2011. I was so invested it became a sort of obsession. At one point, I nearly threw over 20mil in the ring for them when blue ran that edited breeding auction (I still can't believe I only lost by a pittance, I'd thought it'd have soared out of my reach overnight). In the end, my efforts failed, and it was elvy, the saint that she is, who scraped me off the pavement this many months later and went Dutch in with me for RLC. XD Everything was absolutely worth it though, for the kids fill me with such delight. Surely even All I See must be proud? I was hoping for a doe with No Other's hair. Even so, as soon as I saw her, I fell. She is so very beautiful to me, so elegant, and those colours, no lie, are like my Kryptonite. Thankfully elvy let me have her right off, or I might have had to do some weeping (and begging and pleading). I had actually settled on another song early on, a title I love and always intended to use for someone, but I was never fully satisfied with the feel of it for my beautiful heartless girl. Delicate was a last minute switch, but one that made me think, finally, that all had fallen into place. I am seriously crazy about this girl.
Last edited by Jun on Thu May 21, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 452
Jun
Certist
Certist

Forum

Burning Down Love

Post by Jun »

BURNING DOWN LOVE [ Ash ] :: 25.04.2012 [ doe ]

If a helpless doe falls against you, beseeching help with her pale green eyes...if a distraught buck barrels into you, pleading assistance for his poor, dear, sister...if a pair of earnest twins smoothly persuade you to 'just look at this prime piece of property, how amazing is it'...do not. Stop. Warning. Danger. Achtung, baby.

Burning Down Love and Blown By The Wind, easier known as Ash and Dust, are consummate con artists, small-time crooks, used tar salesmen, delighting in the thrill of the fix, the bait-and-switch, the mop, the fraud, the pyramid property scheme - anything that leaves them better off than the next poor Kin with a sleight of hoof, a glib slip tongue, a little trickery - or a lot. Not entirely malicious, they don't take big jobs, but that doesn't mean they aren't well-versed in playing down and dirty - and they enjoy what they do. Oh yes. They enjoy it very much.

Ash is the driving force behind their plans, the criminal mastermind to Dust's easy charm and silver tongue. Where deception is concerned, she can play it all, the trembling damsel-in-distress, the innocent doe-next-grove, the gracious noble lady, the alluring femme fatale - ah, but that last one might clue you in to her intentions, mightn't it? Still, if you're that way inclined - and Dust can always extricate her from the potential mess later on - building then burning down love, as it were... In her own skin she is professional but not humourless, ruthless but not immovable.

The twins are perfectly capable of maintaining separate lives - particularly Dust, with his little entanglements and brief fair-weather befriendings - but often spend most of their time together anyway. When it comes to the perfect heist, two heads are indubitably better than one.

Blown by the Wind - alright let's go

Origin :: Reticent Smiles x Slip Away [ Slipping Smile :: Heart-shaped Phlox | Blown By The Wind - Burning Down Love | Settle Down | Wild Sage ]

[ Last Goodbye | Love-Lies-Bleeding | Plagued Heartbeat | Cloudpeak | Death Rattle ]

RP LOGS :: Burning Down Love [ naming dream - #darkcyan ]

...and when I go there, I go there with you...it's all I can do... - Where the Streets have no Name

Spoiler
NOTES :: A true story: "O MAN SLIPPING SMILE KIDS. I tell you, Maxx was kinda hilarious except for the part where he emptied our 'meti fund without telling me. He didn't want to mention anything till I was done with my paper, and then (I think it was a day later) he suddenly sat me down and said: "I know you love Smiles like crazy. I finally bred Slip and her. I RLC'd Rejam to do it. There's this girl with Smile's hair. I thought for sure I was gonna give her to you. Yeah...no, I'm keeping her. Sorry, man. Here's the twin of the buck I'm keeping also, she totally reminded me of you, you'll be so happy together." But seriously, you could have knocked me down with a feather over any of these kids - I may be biased because I adore both the parents endlessly, but I just find the whole clutch so darn beautiful. Settle Down, man, he looks so elegant with that hair and he's got those great drifty patterns from Slip I'm crazy about and all the beautiful greens - he just looks so much like his dad and his mom at the same time to me! Wild Sage totally reminds me of Smiles with those gorgeous woodland colours and the naturalistic way his markings flow slays me - those. wing. cut-outs. ARGH. And the cute little hearts!! Phlox is sheer perfection - she looks so very Smiles with the hair and the hearts and the bands - but with so much of Slip's colours, and in such an amazingly gorgeous hue-shifty way arrgh dammit Maxx aaarrggghhh But, really, I can't even really complain (except for the heck of it because why ever miss a chance to give Maxx a hard time) - those twins. Rrrrgh. Maxx and I've had a twin concept that we've been saving for ages now, just waiting for the right pair to come along, and these guys are so it. Everything about the boy is amazing - Rejam combining the tuft and mane is just genius and in my admittedly biased opinion it suits him so perfectly, as does that beautiful swoop bisecting the pair of wings around her shoulder scale. I can't get over the fact that they're so deliciously indentical - and the wing motif. Kills. Me. I am (it may be obvious....) unhealthy addicted to the wing/bird thing, and the way it's almost the same but not quite on these guys is so amazing to me, the way his is outlined and hers is shadowed, wargh! Her extra wing vs. his cape and band, the 'masks'... And that incredible transition from brown to blue. This is the thing, the thing. When I first got into Matope and thought I'd never have more than five (gasp), I'd always meant to quest for a kimeti that gradiented from tan/sand/brown/whatever to powderblue/slateblue/teal/somethinglikethat - but I could never figure out a combination that looked perfect to me. This. This looks perfect to me. I'm just - aaah. I would murder people and run away with any of these guys, but I guess Maxx had the right idea. (Phlox though. *shakes fist*) Man, I just think Rejam did such an amazingly gorgeous job, and I'm so lucky to benefit from that. Speaking of - LOLLI you are such an incredible darling and saint to deal with Maxx for so long and put up with all his shenanigans! You know I love love love Smiles, and to be able to have a kid of hers is so amazing for me! Thank you so much, you lovely wonderful sweetheart, it means so much to me. <3" An addendum: we struggled mightily over their names because we wanted a song-ref (like the rest of the clutch) that was 1. something epic because they are epic 2. something pair-y because well 3. something that related to our princess winning the Chinese Grand Prix that week... *cough* After a lot a lot of deliberation, we couldn't look past this parallel match from U2's anthemic "Where the Streets have no Name" despite the Top40s-ness of it because Brit loves it so much in karaoke. *cough*
Last edited by Jun on Thu May 21, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 1114
Jun
Certist
Certist

Forum

Second Nature

Post by Jun »

SECOND NATURE [ Nature ] :: 15.05.2012 [ sac . foal . filly . doe ]

Nature is utterly beyond you, insect, an embodiment of pure darkness, with ruthless fang and - what? Oh, sorry, Mommy. Shall I start over? Sorry. Alas, Mommy's little psycho trainee.

Borderline (sort of) psychopath First Strike, angered partly by her favourite child having kids without telling her, but mostly by being called a grandma, stalked off to prove a point. The buck she proved a point with remains a mystery, all we know is that he's (at least) yellow, black, purple, with rosettehearts&sparkles!-style markings, and eh don't afraid of blood-soaked does demanding a lay. Possibly being self-preservative, he (emphasis on) left her with two cute widdle doelets who looked as different (and as much like) night and day! Aww. Faced with these metaphorical Galinda & Elphaba, and sorely disappointed with her previous clutch calling her grandma, Strike decided to raise these girls personally: the dark one, she would train as her protégé in the bloody ways of sociopathic psycho-killiness, the light one would be mama's little lady. Just 'cause she likes cute girls.

Nature is eager to please her mother, and thus throws herself into her villain's role with all her might - but she is not actually very good at it in the slightest. For one, she is terribly soft-hearted, and having to slay all the little animals she'd rather cuddle in varied and interestingly gruesome ways dismays her. For two...she is horribly squeamish around blood. At least she manages to obey the last part of Strike's rhetoric flawlessly: the utter adoration of her sister, Three-Course Meal, believing her to be a special being.

Now that she is full-grown, her mother's hunting lessons have paid off in certain ways, imparting an elegant glide to her movements that complements well a voice that has naturally mellowed into a nuanced, low, somewhat husky tone, and the mysterious glow of her deep green eyes. In other words, she has grown up kinda...slinky - but her heart is still all naive and gullible and infinitely loving. Surely it can't be long before she finally has to tell poor darling Mama that she just can't be her little psycho killer anymore? ;A; Well, she did, and it didn't go well. The girls ran away from Mama's wrath...but then Three-Course Meal just...walked off and never came back one day...

Three-Course Meal - just come back, Meal, please, just come back...

Origin :: First Strike x ?? [ ?? :: Three-course Meal | Second Nature ]

[ Under Pressure | No Mercy | Little Poison ]
[ Treachery | Lovesick | Second Chances ]

RP LOGS :: Second Nature [ naming dream - #purple ]

...as the stars appear I know I'll find you staring at the sky... - Saviour

Spoiler
NOTES :: When I excitedly learnt of Strike's beautiful new grandkids (the Treacherous Mercy clutch), I thought, 'man! Strike is gonna get a complex about being a grandma!' - I think she's the first of my herd to have grandkids! Soon after, blue put up a brief Magic Mushroom breeding contest. 'Man! Strike would so go out and find some random buck to bang to prove she's still got it!' I thought, and one thing led to another, and... BUT I NEVER EXPECTED TO ACTUALLY GET ROLLED. She's truly my lucky Strike, aaaaah! When I got the sacs though, I suddenly faced a problem of a whole different kind: "My darling little does. Look NOTHING alike. And I am so TORN. I had a whole plot thought out and specific character roles in mind, so I thought I had it in the bag; in the very least I thought I'd just take the one that looks less like psycho mommy. Yeah, and then I saw them. QAQ!!!!! Doe 1 is all sweetness and light and sunshiney and gradients so beautiful from yellow to white oh my heart - and the adorable little orange hooves and these orange/white rosette-type markings on her back from mystery daddy?!!!? And Doe 2 has such great POP poison colours in high cut-in with the black and the purple and the toxic green hooves and stripes (?) from psycho mom!!! (Their dad is black and yellow and purple with rosette marks?! I really want to meet this guy...) I - I keep vacillating between them they are so presh to me help ;A; I - I know that Strike is supposed to choose one to groom into her protege in the ways of psycho, and I mean for the kid to be all enthusiastic and eager to please but horribly and comedically inept at it, s-so IC'ly speaking, between Galinda and Elphaba she would probably go for the poison...but Glinda has such a beautiful yellow-to-white fade and I am such a sucker for gradients. But I do have a girly with a yellow-to-white fade, and green and purple is such a great combi. WAAAARGGGGGHHH" As we all know the rest of the story goes, I realised that Strike would definitely act in certain ways, and ended up with the girls as they are after finding a great match for who is now Three-Course Meal through this Mommie Dearest concept contest (at least, until her owner disappeared one day and never came back, oh well). XD I'm so incredibly grateful to blue and so incredibly excited to watch my little girl grow, aaah! And in the end...I was honestly struck to see her grown...my little girl...so...sexy. /shot
Last edited by Jun on Thu May 21, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 938
Jun
Certist
Certist

Forum

Light Up

Post by Jun »

LIGHT UP :: 30.05.2012 [ buck ]

His brother's keeper...if only Sideways Down would allow keeping. He keened to his wings in his dreams before being; his face was the first he saw upon waking. He knew he would guard his steps ever after: his elder brother, his shining brother; his heedless, cruel, wayward brother. Why would a being of so much power and potential fritter it all on pointless jousts and wanton does? Why would he dodge his brother's steps and snub his counsel? Why will he just not -

He spends so much thought on his brother's trespasses that he turns not the mirror back on his own grim faults: the nursing of slights like a viper in his breast, the poisonous darkness of his saturnine turns. Not all is uncommendable - he is fantastically quick of mind and eloquent, needing only words to slip out of most sticky situations...but even then, he may not always mean what he says, and the best of liars lie best to themselves.

But all he does is ultimately out of love; out of only love, isn't it?

Sideways Down - Brother.

Origin :: Hellbender x Filament [ Filabent :: Sideways Down - Unquiet Things | Light Up | Soft Scars | Power Through ]

[ Branch-borne - Hollow Bones | Gloaming | Sour Grapes | Tree Feathers ]
[ End it All | Extraction | Hivemind | Slumbering Stone | Suffering ]
[ Flawless | Rosethorn | Shadowboxer | Take Heart ]

RP LOGS :: Light Up [ naming dream - #midnightblue ]

...light up, light up, as if you have a choice...even if you cannot hear my voice, I'll be right beside you, dear... - Run

Spoiler
NOTES :: These bbys! I owe entirely to Rejam's unending kindness - for one, she actually let me RLC them without me owning either of the parents. XD To recount it all: "*GLEEEEEE* The 'I PM'd Rejam frantically on the morning of Maxx's birthday and she slipped me them in just a couple of hours enabling me to save my sorry giftless ass surprise Maxx that very day' breeding! And boy was the money more than worth it, he wasn't expecting it at all! Even though he was supposedly in shock though, as soon as the clutch loaded, Maxx bagged Sideways Down and Soft Scars straightaway he even stole those names from me *shakes fist*. That fella can really move when he wants to, man! I can't blame him though - okay, okay, what I'm really supposed to say is 'I was so happy he liked his birthday present so much' - I mean...look at them. ;_; Sideways Down, man, the beautiful colours and gradient on those incredible wing markings...across his scales. I can't stop staring at him covetously. And Soft Scars - that gorgeous fade from pale teal to peach like a bruising fruit...and the pale pale wings and streaks like soft scars. *sigh* Imperious in his bagsiesness, he then magnaminously offered for me to keep one. XD Man, I was so tempted by Unquiet Things, I can tell ya, but as soon as she came into sight we both simultaneously exclaimed that it would be perfect if Rejam kept her: more vivid than her twin, she had all of Filament's sunset, in Hellbender's markings - that wing undereye! The full gradient of scales across her back! Man, we were so glad, both of us, that Rejam did, and that name is so evocative, ah! And Power Through - every time I see her with her rosy shades and swirls, that beautiful butterfly wing on her cheek, I have to smile because all your incredible dreams and your naughty naughty Freudian secrets come to mind. LOLLI. I WILL FOREVER ASSOCIATE HER WITH YUR MOM MUCKING UP YUR LIFE. ...I also should mention that the other reason I could bring myself to remove my death grip from Unquiet Things was that as soon as Light Up loaded, he essentially just glared at me both balefully and dolefully at the same time. Sometimes their personalities just grab you as soon as you see them, and then it has to happen regardless of what you might have planned otherwise, haha. But srsly, that somber gradient, the twisting streaks - there's something about that mark across him that reminds me of a draconian wing, and I just love that thought in opposition to his brother's avian plumes. And that glow of his eye...I have lots of feelsTM about Light Up and I'm so happy to have him even if he's not quite so happy to have me. XD tl;dr: THANK YOOOOOU REJAM THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING IT ALL SO PERFECT. ;A;" ...Yep, that about sums it up! This boy comes with a lot of personal feels...
Last edited by Jun on Thu May 21, 2020 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 790
Jun
Certist
Certist

Forum

Wrap You in Stories

Post by Jun »

WRAP YOU IN STORIES [ Teller ] :: 12.06.2012 [ doe . feathered . flowered ]

When she was very young, barely a filly, with her brother Bitten she accompanied their mother on a hunt. All was well, and though she said 'oh' a little piteously for the fallen birds her mother struck (thankfully bloodless deaths, all), all Vexed's children knew well the honourable hunt. No, it was when a small white dove had been felled, and Vexed performed her customarily plucking, deft and precise from the centre out as always, that Teller stared and stared and finally burst into tears. "Mama, will you kill and pluck me too?" she wailed, baffling all till Bitten peered thoughtfully at the corpse and callously noted, "now that you mention it, you do look a bit like a half-plucked bird." The wailing, naturally, increased. By now a small crowd was beginning to gather, and Vexed, shy as she was and affrighted by her dear child's cries, could only anxiously offered as she frantically patted the heaving, snowy back, "she's sensitive." So she was.

Teller hardly looks any different from a regular Acha, her mother being a small Kimeti, as it were - perhaps only tad little longer in leg. But perhaps that was the problem, perhaps she was not meant for the prancing Acha's body, for she could never - never - feel at ease in her skin. She was too awkward, too at odds. Next to the gleaming brethen that shared her form, she was too...plain. She had never stopped thinking of herself as that half-plucked bird. And she is so very much her mother's child in demeanour, terribly shy - though thankfully not quite having properly inherited Vexed's vexing affliction - finding it hard to raise her eyes to a Kin, to speak in anything past a nervous quaver.

Which is an absolute pity - because that is her best hidden secret: when she is alone, her voice is silk, her father's rhythm with her mother's lilt, it soothes and wraps and paints in glowing colours the tales she has kept from her mother's clumsy retellings, her father's spirited reenactments, plucked from her own-spun imaginings. For that is her destiny, from her dream before time: that of a story-singer. Perhaps someday she will be able to unlock her voice for others - but that will be a very long...journey.

Right now, Teller only wishes she were Teller: her family calls her Story, for Teller is too ironic. When she finds her voice, perhaps she will be Teller...and perhaps joining the Royal Rainbow Troupe may help her find her voice. (Spoiler: it's been years, she's now Teller.)

Keep True - her sister, her shield

Origin :: My Trouble x Journey [ My Journey :: Keep True | Wrap You in Stories | Nomad | Bitten by the Tailfly ]

x Shallows [ Tales from the Deep :: Air | Little Trouble | Shallow End ]

[ Flawless | Rosethorn | Shadowboxer | Take Heart ]

RP LOGS :: Wrap You in Stories [ naming dream - #peru ]

ImageImage

FIRE WITHOUT ( Fire ) [ 29.08.2012 ]
A precious gift from a precious friend, the cocksure songbird is the first avian she's ever been able to admire up-close - without her mother striking it down two seconds later, at least. She expends a lifetime's worth of repressed bird-fawning upon it.

CALL ON YOU ( Call ) [ 20.05.2012 ]
And just when she feared she would have to face a strange, new life alone, her wandering father produced for her another faithful companion.

Origin :: Sunshine x Companion [ Fairweather Friends :: Call on You | Perfect Star | Headrush ]

...slide down beside and wrap you in stories tailored entirely for you... - Great Expectations

Spoiler
NOTES :: I can't possibly reproduce this account, so here it is from the thread..."A VERY HAPPY WAY-BELATED BIRTHDAY, RURI DARLIN'! I am so undyingly happy that you are happy with your babies! 8D When you first suggested VexedxJourney I was knocked over and way intrigued, thinking that with such an desert-marked Acha and a largely unmarked Kimeti, the children would have a good chance of looking like hybrids - and I think that's pretty sure! Your gorgeous girl and boy look so very much children of the desert with the gamut of Journey's childrens with Vexed's white mixed in - and the amazing hard-lined markings, so very breath-takingly uncompromising! I'm still so gleeful that Keep True got her mama's eyes, and Nomad's desert night with his dark lid and white hooves - ah! All the RP again, yes yes?Also, you are way too good to Maxx, letting him keep that incredible boy - looking so fly like a milk latte version of his dad! I won't lie, the subtle cream-pink of his hoof-fur slays me. But, yeah, I may be the most predictable person in the friggin' universe 'cause everyone involved in this clutch had me pegged from the start: Ruriiiii thank you so much for letting me keep Story. QAQ Was it that obvious? (Presumably this is the bit where everyone goes 'yes'.) I was forcing myself to stay unattached till Ruri chose - but of course my eyes were drawn like an arrow to her straight away. These pale creams and whites - they are like my friggin' Kryptonite. She is so very much her mother's daughter, and I like to think a rather 'Meti-looking Acha and just aaaah aaaah lookit those baby blues and I am descending into incoherent mush because I love her so much and it is all thanks to you Ruriruri. ;_; And THANK YOU BLUE you know exactly what I love araghrhgrhh. ಥᗣಥ" Everyone. I mean like. Everyone. Just sorta assumed I would take her if I could. Which was totally the right assumption.

PETS :: ;A; Mins, dear sweet Mins, sprung him upon me as an utter surprise in the sweetest, funnest way imaginable in the Mound Rebuilding ORP. Oh, Mins, thank you so much, Teller loves him to pieces. (Technically male.) | This little beauty is due entirely to Ruri darlin', who conceived of the pair and kept at the request till it was finally taken - and how!
Last edited by Jun on Sun May 23, 2021 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 1031
Jun
Certist
Certist

Forum

Distant Tidings

Post by Jun »

DISTANT TIDINGS [ Tidings ] :: 12.06.2012 [ cert . buck . snake . stag-snake . snake-stag . stag ]

A torrent of bits trip, a slip of streaming mercury. His mind is quick and clever, a leaping, delving, winding faculty matched only by his twisting silver tongue. He delights in riddles, riddles and tricks - puzzles, solving puzzles, proffering puzzles. He never quite stays in one place for too long.

He seeks companionship, but needs only a little at a time. He makes no secret of the fact he prefers big, strong bucks - but he is drawn to misfits, buck and doe. Not to gawk, but to share sweet kinship, for he is a misfit, always. He dreams of the sea. His shimmering voice falls and rises like the sparkling tide, he is quick to laugh, and bid you enjoy - but at times he draws into himself and stares out over the waves, saturnine. If you ask him what is wrong, he weaves a fanciful tale of the Motherfather having rested during his making, and turning back, leaving half his soul behind - in the same breath he will suddenly ask why does the magpie cry 'ai!'. (It doesn't, not really.) In many ways, he is unknowable as the sea.

He is one that the Ache seized early - he was born with the Ache, perhaps; still quite young, but as soon as he could, he was off to seek the wet sands and sea his naming dream promised were where his heart lay. They did not hold what it promised, but still he cannot stay away - he roams, bringing tidings from place to place, but he will ever return to the waves.

And then, one day, in the waves, he found his heart. And the journey into mystery was very good, and then very bad, and then very, very good - and now...

Legendary Blessing Style... He can be your angle or yuor devil.

Distant Thunder - funny how things work out

x Glimmer [ Glimmering Tidings :: Shallows | Agleam | Fleeting Hope - Well Wishes | Slipper ]

RP LOGS :: Distant Tidings [ naming dream - #mediumaquamarine ]

ImageImage

IDLE GOSSIP ( Idle ) [ 10.08.2012 ]
Oh! Hello, Mr. Magpie.

THUNDERINGS [ 30.10.2012 ]
You're going to be a good boy.

Origin :: Rainbow x Ribcage [ Rainbow Ribs :: Thunderings | Sugar Skull | Spectre ]
x Silky [ Sirius Cirrus :: lemondemon | blackcream | silkyjr ]

...'cause a heart that hurts is a heart that works... - Bright Lights

Spoiler
NOTES :: Again for the exact reproduction of explosion: "And speaking of that - MAN. OK. I am so totally STILL not over Tidings. I cannot believe that I tossed a couple of dresses and a vague 'sea!' theme at blue and I get this incredibly lovely dainty gorgeous creature of perfection tossed back at me. What - what - was the good in past life I did to deserve this?! I was just friggin' floored when I opened the PM - taste is taste, I know, and he hits me right in the taste and the feels and auuuuugh. That seagreen. That cream. That cream washing across that seagreen. That elegantly intricate collar and tail. Okay, I can't even, I'm just going to stare at him for the rest of forever. blue, that was the best day of my friggin' year." He just hits me with everything, pinged me with all the feels at once. I still can't believe I own him. Man! I feel like the luckiest bloke in the swamp right now - I just went for him on a whim and now he's one of the nearest and dearest to my heart.

PETS :: Abbyyy did the perfect jobbb on Mr. Magpie! Tidings needed him...ohhh all the plans I have for you... *rubs hands in evil glee* (Technically male.) | Thunderings is just...unbelievably perfect, flaming eyes and all. So perfect that I'm almost flabbergast. blue is magic. (Technically male.)
Last edited by Jun on Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 640
Jun
Certist
Certist

Forum

Shanty

Post by Jun »

SHANTY :: 05.07.2012 [ doe ]

The Freeheart - incorrigible. A rough-and-tumble, boisterous, bawdy tomboy who's a hard and happy worker, but also always up for a raucous escapade wherever possible. All labour is enjoyable enough to her, if she may raise her ringing voice in a casual shanty...punctuated by the odd rude ditty. She loves to joke and tease, always there to nudge an embarrassed Kin in the ribs with an exaggerated wink, but eases off for gallantry with more vulnerable souls. Foremost in her affections is her sister Mudlark, princess to her knightly guard - if a guard who drags you into trouble and occasionally abandons you for a quick tryst with a cute buck may in any way be considered knightly.

To be honest, she is a bit of a...what we might term in our modern parlance, a troll. But she largely trolls to break the ice and broker a convivial atmosphere, rather sharp enough to catch where she should leave off for chivalry instead. Unless she doesn't like you, in which case she'll troll for her own pleasure, thank you very much.

Mudlark - the prettiest princess

Origin :: Seabird x Badgerlock [ Badgerbird :: Mudlark | Scalded Lung | Firesong - Sunsong | Trill ]

x Breaking the Surface [ Diving Shanty :: Crosswinds | Castaway | Discord | Birdsong | Sure ]

[ Catsear | Blackwater | Burns Against Cold | Hound-s Tooth ]

RP LOGS :: Shanty [ naming dream - #goldenrod ]

...once my old man spoke to good king Trit'n - 'n asked "why all this senseless fightin'?"... - I've Got a Friend in the Ocean

Spoiler
NOTES :: I am so LUCKY to have my darling Shanty. ;_; When blue and vagues first released the Badgerbird clutch pic, I was over the moon that my dear Ruri had been given the beautous Mudlark - but couldn't help having Doe Five catch my eye as well, with her sassy flick and blazing air. Even so, I had been ridiculously blessed lately, so when the cutest contest - to create a world-appropriate song - popped up in Tidewalkers for her, I had every intention to sit on my hands...except. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I couldn't stop thinking about her. There were virtually no entries at that point, which I considered ghastly for a doe such as her. I couldn't stop thinking...and one day, as I was washing the dishes, the silliest little ditty like a cross between Cruella deVille and Heffalumps and Woozles with a sea shanty spin started creeping into my head... Other entries soon caught up, however, and the competition was just too good for me to even think about it. But against all odds...well. That is so Shanty. As said, and utterly meant, "Thank you so much for the great contest, blue, I had so much fun with it! Thank you, vagues! Thank you, Rejam, for letting some petty buck defame Bitterleaf. XD;;" Oh, Shanty!
Last edited by Jun on Thu May 21, 2020 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 486
Jun
Certist
Certist

Forum

You Only Live Twice

Post by Jun »

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE [ Twice ] :: 06.07.2012 [ buck ]

But a humble minstrel, nothing more... He wanders freely, intrigued by all things - especially, all Kin - raw notes to be woven into flowing song by his exquisite tenor. He listens well, sympathetically, soothes and flatters even better. He is eminently content to watch, to play the part of the audience - till it is time to steal the show. He does not mind a very long wait: fruit is for the plucking only when it is ripe, and then - what sweet fruit it will be.

He is by nature duplicitous, but fear not base intentions, that is merely his way: Twice veils no words that do not gleam beauty beneath the veiling, spins no lies that do not seduce their lain truths in the spinning: let all live their one life as they please - for some better, some worse, always he will sing their second as he pleases.

Origin :: Life x ?? [ Lifespawn :: Burning Heart | Lifeline | Lifeblood | Vital Sign | Gift of Life | You Only Live Twice ]

x Bitter End [ Twice Ended :: Third Time-s the Charm | Far From the Tree | Dearly Departed - Nearly Beloved | Shadowsong ]
x Peacock [ Two Cocky :: Into the Waters | Nautilus | Eye of Truth - Suneater ]

[ Easy Balance | Glimpses | Gold Falls Free | Hushed Tones | In Autumn Clad | Light is Life ]
[ Hard Life | My Life | New Life | To Live ]
[ Desert Spring | Grovekeeper | Many Voices | Rhythm of Life | Sunlight Garden ]
[ Renewal | Many Deaths | In Mourning | Don't Fear Death | Afterlife ]
[ Summer Night Solace | Broken Promise | Strength to Change | Split Decision | Dawn Whispers ]
[ Miracle - Trespasser | Peace of Mind | Eastern Light | Ten Thousand Miles ]
[ Petrify | Dappled Waters | Shatterstone | Black Water Rising | Tidespray ]
[ Until We're Dust | Sight Beyond | Gifts of Pomegranate | Pomegranate Eater | Sever the Snake's Head ]
[ Starglean | Fire in the Darkness | Chasing Cloud Nine | Wished For | Lost Moon ]
[ Spread Your Wings | Walk Away | Charmed One | Shape and Shadow | If Found ]
[ Nevernight | Wild Shade | Rich Earth | Overshadowed | Summerland ]
[ Wildknot | Life Effect | Shining Night | Blessed Morning | Golden Sun ]

RP LOGS :: You Only Live Twice [ naming dream - #darkslateblue ]

...and love is a stranger who'll beckon you on - don't think of the danger or the stranger is gone... - You Only Live Twice

Spoiler
NOTES :: This is a cautionary tale. As mentioned in Shanty's notes, I had been ridiculously blessed at that point, and had every intention and more to sit on my hands for Astra's incredibly generous and inspiring Lifespawn contest. And I might have succeeded too - if I hadn't been sitting in on the stream. I was not currently in the market for pink and purple bucks, and though the gorgeous butterfly markings that were painted on each forthcoming new member of the brood bade longing sighs, I had not thought myself endangered...till the last. I watched admiringly as blue lopped off Life's tumbling locks for this neater cut, and thought to myself, "what a fine spoony bard character he would make!" Of course, at this point no one could attest to just which Astra would be contesting away, so my thoughts were kept firmly to myself. ...But not long later, when it became apparent she was contesting all but one, and he among them...that was when Nancy Sinatra started up in my head, and. It. Wouldn't. Stop. So despite all my intentions, his entrance tumbled out of my fingers a few days to the end of the contest. He was no longer spoony, but he was very much a bard. And then...he was mine. I still can't believe it. Q_Q THANK YOU SO MUCH, ASTRA!!!
Last edited by Jun on Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 605