[Bless] And Just Like That...

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Samuel Carlin
Pebbles: 496.66 Pebbles

Post by Samuel Carlin »

For Great Justice was always looking our for those in trouble and those in need. He wanted to help where he could, whenever he could.

This was mo different.

Well.

This was *entirely* different. Stars in Her Eyes wasn't in danger, or in trouble, so to speak. What she *was* was awe-inspiring and amazing and -- no, no, he wasn't going to get carried away.

Again.

He'd just heard that there were those who could Do Things that might ensure that the lives to come would be strong, healthy obes, and he. wanted that reassurance for them, and her, and all right, himself, a lot.

So he paced along the fringe where forest and plans met, and tried to decide when, exactly, would be the best time to start his quest.
word count: 134
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 4,115.00 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

ImageImage
Where the forest gave way to open land, there were two creatures waiting. A marshfowl with bright feathers was strutting about, scratching at the dirt and putting on quite the big show for a seemingly disinterested Acha who watched him with a bored expression.

They both spotted the Kiokote at the same time, the marshfowl instantly fluffing out his feathers in a show of territorial aggression and giving a loud' BAWK!'. As if daring him to try get any closer.

“Oh, cut it out,” the Acha chided, rolling her eyes.
word count: 90
Samuel Carlin

Post by Samuel Carlin »

Justice watched the fluffing with no small amount of nervousness. Even though he could guess what was coming, he still flinched noticeably at the bawk.

"Sorry," he called over toward the acha. "Sorry! I didn't mean to upset, er, startle. Maybe scare? Your friend. I didn't mean to. Did I miss a sign saying not to cone this way?"
word count: 61
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

“Don’t be,” her tone was incredibly dry. “I’m glad you interrupted his silly little dance.”

She reached out a hoof and poked the marshfowl in his puffed out feathery chest. “Stop being ridiculous.”

There was a second where the marshfowl was still just a marshfowl and then he shifted, in the blink of an eye, and where the bird had been, a pouting Kiokote stood instead.

“It was not a silly little dance. I put a lot of work into that,” he bemoaned.
Samuel Carlin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:17 am
word count: 95
Samuel Carlin

Post by Samuel Carlin »

Oh. Oh! Yes, he startled again, eyes wide, but he didn't run. Not even a little. This was one of Them. it had to be! Didn't the whispers say they could change shape and all?

So Justice took a cautious step forward. "I liked it. Your dance. I mean, I thought it was very convincing. I definitely thought you were upset." A hesitation. "Ut was about being upset, wasn't it? Sir."
Ruriska wrote:
word count: 76
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

No!” Watch Me’s voice cracked in dismay. “It was a dance of affection! I was wooing her!”

Prize gave a quick bark of laughter.

Watch Me let out a beleaguered sigh. “What would you know anyway?” He huffed. “Don’t you have children you should be planning for? Or did you interrupt us for a blessing? Of course you did. Nobody wants me for anything else these days.”
Samuel Carlin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:29 pm
word count: 79
Samuel Carlin

Post by Samuel Carlin »

Oh, he'd really put his hoof in it this time. Maybe he should have just bolted when he was first caught off-guard. But, no. Running away didn't solve anything.

And there was never a chance to make a second first impression. So this was it. Time to salvage what he could.

"I didn't mean to interrupt you, sir. I'm sorry about that. A quick glance at Prize and her expression and he decided the less ge commented on that, tge better. Private none-of-his-business. But... wait.

An ear flicked forward. "I... do. I mean, I do! Yessir! I honestly didn't mean to interrupt, and I've never met-- well. I'm sure there's a lot more to you than just giving blessings. These will be my first children, though,you see, sir and. And I'd really like it if they're strong and solid abd they live good lives and their mother, if she could have an easy time and." And that was probably too much.

He blew out through his lips and tossed his head. "If you just had a moment, that's all, I'd be grateful. A-And I'd leave and you could go right back to dancing!"
Ruriska
word count: 213
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

“Typical.” His tone was not very becoming for a kin that had been ascended by the MotherFather.

Prize considered it all quite enough. “Just hurry up and bless him,” she snapped. “I want to get back to the tribe.”

“Alright, alright” He eyed the other Kiokote up and down. “I suppose you’ve done well to find me and you shall receive a fitting blessing! Congratulations! Now I beseech the MotherFather on your behalf!” His voice lifted. “May they receive a love of dance, full of patience and perseverance to follow their dreams! And happy and healthy and all that good stuff.”

Watch Me finished with a little flourish of his head. “There. All done.” He turned his head towards Prize and grinned. “I’ll meet you there.”

Then he changed again, this time into a songbird, flitting away up into the sky; leaving to Prize to stare after him with a scowl.

“Well,” she said to the just blessed Kiokote after a moment of silence, “good luck.” Then she too left, following after the bird.
Samuel Carlin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:05 pmYou're all done! <3
word count: 190