[PRP] Like a Magpie (Rogue x Past Lives)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 173.50 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=95

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

She was pouting, none of her siblings were ever around anymore to play. It was annoying and frustrating and sad. She was old, had been alive many years by this point, but she'd never outgrown the want or need of having clutchmates. She thrived in groups, where she could live up to her name. Sneaking around, pulling pranks, finding out secrets, and never doing as her siblings would have done. Where they had moved on, spread out across the swamp, she had not.

She huffed, perhaps she needed a pet. One of the fun ones like a sanddog or an otter. Something that would be more entertaining than boredom. (As if anything could be less interesting than being bored.) Someone that would be more rewarding than feeling left behind.

Rogue struck a hoof out and cracked the melting ice over the languid pond then rolled up on her side. She wasn't going to sit here, she wasn't going to mope. She was going to find something to do, someone to play with. With a firm nod, she rose and walked off. Surely there was someone out there who wanted to have fun.
word count: 195
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster
Pebbles: 1,185.06 Pebbles

Forum

Post by fluo »

Past Lives kicked a rock out of frustration or maybe a little boredom. Okay, perhaps a lot of boredom. Things were so much slower in winter, especially after the Winter Market. All the excitement and buzz that preceded the event was intoxicating. And the booths were exhilarating themselves. Now it was dull as the surrounding. Not wanting to look anymore of a loon than she had already, she looked around. She looked up at nearby clouds even to see if any of the passing puffs took on a neat likeness to something cute. Nothing. Finally, she spied some bright red berries on a nearby tree branch. Extending her neck, she pulled and succeeded in only drowning herself in powder fresh snow. She gave up.
word count: 124
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

Movement caught the doe's eye and she turned her head in time to see an acha disappear. She blinked, wondering if in her boredom, she was now starting to see things. She turned and made her way over to the berry laden branch and found that the acha had not disappeared after all. A giggle bubbled up and Rogue tried not to let it out, tried not to snicker in amusement.

"I don't think there are any berries in the snow," she teased eventually.
word count: 86
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by fluo »

Past Lives gasped in outrage only to further make herself look like a fool. Now she was a fish gaping for air. With her dignity in shreds, she closed her mouth with an audible snap.

"No, I suppose not. I thought I saw a hare here." She couldn't keep up the farce and snickered herself. Shaking herself upright and dispersing the snow, she looked mostly like herself now.

"What are you here for? Is there anything fun here? I'm bored out of my mind."
word count: 86
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

"I'm looking for something to do or someone to play with," Rogue told the doe, flopping down in the snow drift. "Everyone's moved away from me and the winter market is over so now everyone wants to rest." She huffed, annoyed, "But I'm not tired."

The doe rolled over, "Do you want to play with me?"
word count: 59
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by fluo »

Past Lives blinked and a smile lit up her face in delight. The other kin was honest, and that was rare. In a time of smiling eyes, deceptive words, and downplayed slights that was the Winter Market, it was nice for some candid conversation.

"Yeah, let's be friends and play."

Past Lives got up and shook the rest of the snow onto the Kimeti.

With a mischievous light to her eyes, she whispered, "TAG. I'm Past Lives" before dashing off in the opposite direction. But not too fast of course. With her gait gaining a bounce in their steps, Past Lives felt a promise in the air. A new beginning was unfolding and she would not squander the golden opportunity.
word count: 122
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

Rogue rolled up, a grin spreading as the acha not only wanted to play, but wanted to be friends. She'd have someone to play with all the time if they were friends; she opened her mouth to reply when snow collided with her face. A muffled laugh erupted and she jumped up.

"That's dirty!" she chuckled, before setting off after the acha.

The kimeti broke into a slow, rhythmic trot and followed after her new friend. She didn't want to check her too fast. Or too slow. She had to find the right balance. It'd be no fun if the game ended right away.
word count: 108