[PRP] Spring Promises (Atone x Tonic)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 173.50 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=95

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

fluo wrote:
The winter—and, yes, it was still winter—had been unseasonably hard and difficult. The whole swamp had felt off-kilter as the sky fractured the land in simultaneous sunlight and darkness. It'd been a treacherous idea to even attend the winter market, and that was without taking into account how harsh the previous attendance had ravaged her emotions, but softness, doe eyes filled with such hope, the most delicate of whispers. She was nothing if not consistent in falling head or hooves for such kindness that she could never warrant. It had made everything harder than it already tended to be and as the world righted itself, she'd made up some excuse about Legendary business that needed attending to, not a lie but not the truth either.

She'd let herself fracture, a swan idle on the frozen pond, as the ghostly shade of the mare stood guard. Swans were not supposed to have such complicated thoughts and they didn't. Even as her own thoughts raced and tripped, the swan felt only the pull of another soul that could be helped. It should have irritated her, as it normally did, but she welcomed the distraction. She desired it. Perhaps, she even needed it herself.

And so she continued, still in her waiting. The doe—and, of course, it was a doe—would find her in due time. Enough, perhaps, to let her nerves calm and her mind solidify into a semblance of intelligence and decorum. It wasn't as if h—the swan squawked. This was not the time to let her thoughts wander. Even if spring was coming with promises of new life.
word count: 280
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster
Pebbles: 1,185.06 Pebbles

Forum

Post by fluo »

Tonic felt lost. She was adrift in her thoughts of indecision and unease. She did not know what to do, and deep down she was afraid to be found unworthy. And instead of voicing her concerns, she wandered away from everyone without a destination in mind. Instead of solace and enlightenment, she found a lone swan.

"Are you lost? Why didn't you fly to warmer weather with the other swans?"
word count: 71
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

The swan looked up at the doe and felt surprise flood into her body. The fluff around the doe's neck, the intricate netting that wound around the doe's head, it was strange and different. It was hard to surprise her nowadays, she felt, but this doe was unique and that at least chased away from of the thoughts that had tumbled and bounced around her own mind.

She felt the desire for a laugh bubble up from her throat, but swans did not laugh. Warmer weather was a thought, but she preferred the cold. The bite that nipped hard and resulted in pain that interrupted all the confusion. She deserved pain, a lifetime of penance for a life long passed. Not lo—no, it wasn't that. It was just fondness, misplaced, because she wanted to protect the innocent.

Was this doe an innocent, she wondered, before jumping into the air and flapping wildly. The beat of wings dissipated and then from beside the strange doe, Atone stepped forward.

"Aren't we all lost?" she mused.
word count: 178
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by fluo »

The bird, no the swan, was a surprise. She thought she saw it try to laugh before flapping its wing and a Mare stood in front of her.

Now it was her turn to bask in confusion albeit briefly. Because this was an uknown kin and they could be dangerous. Defensively, she stepped back. She wasn't too keen on the growing belly, but in no way did she want to put herself in harms way unnecessarily. The young were still so delicate.

"I'm lost for sure," Tonic offered warily, hoping to not upset the strange Mare.
word count: 98
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

The nervous step back was expected. It shouldn't have bothered her, not after all this time, especially since she was so untrusting herself. But there was still a twinge of pain and guilt and irritation. She deserved, yes, but she couldn't help wishing that one day she wouldn't.

"I'm not here to harm you, dear," Atone whispered softly. "I'm here to bless your children." And children were about the only good thing in the world. Even if—damn, did everything have to lead her into circles that always returned to—not now.
word count: 97
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by fluo »

Was this too good to be true? Indecision plagued Tonic and she bit her lower lip. But here she was alone by herself and if the Mare wanted to, Tonic could be attacked already. She had to blame the growing belly for she wasn't usually this distrustful. With her emotions in upheaval, she didn't know what to do, who to trust, or whether or not she could believe her own thoughts. Perhaps the Mare was right. They were both lost in this awkward dance of a chance meeting.

"I.. Ok. That would be great. I'm sorry. I don't know what I am doing." She tried to smile and grimaced when it didn't reach the eyes.

"Yes, I would like a blessing. I am Tonic. Who are you?"
word count: 132
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

"No one knows what they're doing, they either do things as they make sense to them or they do what others tell them or they act like they know something," Atone revealed with a slight smirk. She'd done what she was told and then she'd followed the pain and hatred; now, she didn't really know what she was doing either. It was the closest she'd ever admit to it, too.

"I am known as Atone," she offered a smile and a nod. "What do you wish for your children, Tonic?"
word count: 95
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by fluo »

Tonic did not realize she held her breath until she unconsciously expelled a sigh of relief. It was going to be a regular day free of murderers. And she found someone to bless her growing brood. Life was good.

"I want them to know and find inner peace and to be happy with themselves. And to find their joy in life."

She might as well ask for the moon.
word count: 69
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

A war of emotions rushed through her, what if she'd had someone who wanted her to be happy and to have inner peace? It made her ache, but she was used to that. She did not let the feeling show on her face and shoved them down, buried them where they would eventually rise back to the top. She'd pay for it later; she paid for everything eventually, even if it wasn't her fault. Life in all its fairness.
s
"A kind desire," she eventually said, voice a little thicker and eyes a little brighter—if that was even possible for eyes that glowed bright.

"Your children," she started after a pause, "shall be healthy and happy. They shall determine who they want to be and have the peace within to achieve that dream. They shall bow to know one, like their mother, and will know immeasurable joy."

Silence loomed, and then the mare was gone. Replaced by the beating wings of a swan taking flight.
word count: 169