[AU PRP]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Astoria
Pebbles: 1,631.34 Pebbles

[AU PRP]

Post by Astoria »

2. superpowered
Stories about superpowered characters are often action-packed, high-stakes adventures where lives are on the line - possibly even the fate of the entire world! Each character has at least one unnatural ability, such as flight, super speed, super strength, or etc, and many also have a secret weakness, like a rare space mineral, a highly kidnappable relative or friend, or so on. Your characters could be working together against a common foe, or they could be adversaries on opposite sides of a conflict.
4. resolve a disagreement
Anything from the scale of an argument to an all-out war. Will you choose the diplomatic route, or wholly reject one side in favor of the other?
5. a natural disaster
The whole world has been upheaved by a terrifying force. The landscape is different now, things aren't where or how they used to be, and there are unexpected dangers lurking around every other corner. Please be cautious and stay safe out there!
4 one of you is a time traveler
Secretly, one of you has come back from the future to change something that happened in the past. You have to try not to let the other person know, because changing the past is really, really tricky, and if you don't do a clean job, the consequences will be far-reaching and unexpected!
Last edited by Astoria on Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 227
Astoria

[AU PRP] Astoria & Huni

Post by Astoria »

Intro: (MAY AS WELL just carry on from my solo haha, this is sort of fitting in a sense)

The world had been changed in a strange way, all the color had been drained from it and in it's place a landscape of black, white and grey. It was eerie and the wind would bite at you. Really, it would. This realm of magic was frightening and danger was everywhere. Even the joy had been seemingly zapped from others. What a strange world indeed.
Last edited by Astoria on Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 85
Astoria

Meadow Lark

Post by Astoria »

Meadow Lark had been separated from Love and Regret and Once Pleasant Dreams. It had happened so quickly, the two of them had been with her and then once she had turned to look down a particular street they were just, gone. She had no clue as to where they had gone and she was quite confused and a little nervous at this point. When they had been together she had felt less helpless, but now that she was alone, she felt a sense of dismay wash over her. The little magic she had available to her wasn't anything that could do much, she could simply revert things back within a certain amount of time, and not anything huge. Sorting out a cup of spilled drink was easy enough, trying to reform the entire world was something much beyond her. Was she truly alone in this now?
word count: 148
HuniPi
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,818.76 Pebbles

[AU PRP]

Post by HuniPi »

It took Sun-Cursed a few moments to overcome the vertigo, but once her sense of balance returned she started to move. She had to find her target, it was of the utmost importance. The streets looked right, but it wasn't the exact scene she'd seen in her vision. She could check, probably should double-check, but it left her vulnerable while she was doing so and she was on her own.

Things were quiet. Too quiet. The calm before the storm. She wouldn't have the chance to check again.

She found a relatively secluded alleyway, and bracing herself, she opened her eyes. Twice.

Running straight.

Past two intersections.

Turn right, then left twice.

There. She. Was.

Sun-Cursed gasped, stumbled back, she'd returned to the present. With the vision still fresh, details still sharp and clear she dashed out into the streets. They were empty for the time being, and what few cars there were, she dodged smoothly not from speed but by knowing where she had to be and being there.

"Hey! Miss Lark!" she yelled out as she rounded the corner.
word count: 188
Astoria

[AU PRP]

Post by Astoria »

As she continued to look for the two she had been with she was suddenly aware that someone was shouting her name. She wasn't sure she actually knew anyone here, though she could also be mistaken.

She was at the farthest end of the street and stopped herself from going back the way she had come and turned her gaze to look upon the woman who was shouting her name. It WAS possible that she knew who this was, but she was honestly not sure.

"Hi?!" She shouted back since they were a good block away, but in this current landscape, voices seemed to carry. It was rather eerie and she shook her shoulders withs a slight shiver as she began to walk, cautiously, towards the unknown woman.
word count: 129
HuniPi
Patron
Patron

[AU PRP]

Post by HuniPi »

Sun-Cursed waved her arms wildly, as if the acknowledgement wasn't enough to confirm that Meadow Lark had seen her. Even as the other woman started to make her way towards Sun-Cursed, she was still running.

"Miss Lark! I'm so glad I was able to catch up to you!" she said in between gasps, as if breathless from so much running. "Are you alone or did you lose your-" the rest of her words suddenly cut off as a bubble of concentrated magic exploded nearby.

Oh no. It's happening just predicted.

Whatever Sun-Cursed did next depended solely on Meadow Lark's action.
word count: 107
Astoria

[AU PRP]

Post by Astoria »

Why was she running?

Deciding to walk a little quicker she picked up the pace, but wasn't at a full run or anything. It was very clear to Meadow Lark that this woman knew who she was, there was no mistaking it. And she seemed determined to catch up to her.

As the distance between them closed she listened as they began to ask a question, which was cut short but a blast exploded nearby, to which Meadow Lark lunged forward to tackle this woman and mentally pushed back the shards of debris that flew their way. Her abilities were small, but occasionally useful. Able to revert the small bits that had gone towards them back towards their original place, but the rest went shooting towards the surrounding areas.

Are you okay?!? And I am currently alone, yes. I've lost my companions. I was just trying to find them." She said, standing up and offering her hand to help the other one up.

You seem to know me, but I'm afraid I don't know you.
word count: 179
HuniPi
Patron
Patron

[AU PRP]

Post by HuniPi »

Sun-Cursed had not expected to be protected but it was greatly appreciated. She looked up at the other woman, "I'm Sun-Cuuuuushion." The prolonged syllable an obvious indication of altering her actual name but she could pretend it was an effect of the magic explosion right?

Ah well, in for a penny, in for a pound. If things went well and her plan worked, her dignity could handle the subterfuge.

"I neeeeeed to speeeeak tooo you." She said, continuing to extend her syllables, fully committing to the bit and making a frustrated expression as if what was happening to her was not normal. She gestured towards the direction opposite of the magic explosion, partly for safety but mostly because she had to get them both away.

Except a cry for help suddenly echoed.
word count: 135
Astoria

[AU PRP]

Post by Astoria »

(I feel like we can tie 4 and 4 together as part of the time traveler prompt, where the resolution is reached with the plan that sun-cursed has!)

She hoped she hadn't hit her head too hard or anything. She was certain that Sun-Cushion would let her know if she was hurt or unable to do what she was trying to do.

"Yea, what's up?" Curious to know what was so important to tell her. Maybe her friends had sent her! Well, friends was a stretch. Maybe she knew were they currently were or how to find them.

A cry for help made her turn her head towards the call. Was that Once Pleasant Dreams or Love and Regret? She didn't know them well enough to know if that was one of them. Sounds like someone is in trouble. She went to run that way, but then realized she didn't exactly know where it had come from... Pausing she looked towards Sun-Cushion, perhaps they knew or saw someone run past.
Last edited by Astoria on Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 177
HuniPi
Patron
Patron

[AU PRP]

Post by HuniPi »

Oh this was perfect! If she could convince Meadow Lark the cry had come from somewhere else, she wouldn't be there when the really big magic bubble popped and wouldn't get caught up in the ensuing vortex. "Thiiiiis plaaaace is dangerouuus." She had to repeat in her head to keep it up and not to cringe too visibly. "Iiiiii think it's thiiiis way!"

Sun-Cursed didn't want to sound too desperate but she knew it wouldn't be long until the vortex formed. She knew from history records and her visions that there was no saving those people near ground zero. But the future could not afford to have Meadow Lark be one of them. She hoped the other woman believed her as she started running away. "Huuurry!"
word count: 132
Astoria

[AU PRP]

Post by Astoria »

She couldn't agree more. This place was, in a sense, a hell hole.

I'm going to follow you then because I'm super turned around. She said as Sun-Cushion led the way and she was quick on her heels.
word count: 42
HuniPi
Patron
Patron

[AU PRP]

Post by HuniPi »

Sun-Cursed breathed a sigh of relief as she ran as far as she could away from what would be the heart of the vortex. She was doing this right, right? The farther away they ran, the more color started to seep back into the world. And when it seemed the world was back to normal, a tinny beeping began to sound.

The woman finally stopped running and took out a strange contraption from her pocket. "I think I did it. Ms. Meadow Lark, your powers may seem small right now. But that's only at the start."

The edges of Sun-Cursed began to blur, as if she was becoming less tangible.

"Whatever you do from now on, just remember: You are capable of bigger things and bigger feats. I have to go no-"

Light flashes from Sun-Cursed eyes and she's gone.
word count: 145
Astoria

[AU PRP]

Post by Astoria »

As Meadow Lark followed after her, she wondered if perhaps the shouts were getting further away? Before she could ask the woman pulled something from her pocket and turned to speak to her. She was honestly more confused than she was earlier and watched as she began to fade.

What? I- She was cut off as the woman began to speak and then vanished.... Bigger things and feats? What had just happened?
word count: 72
Astoria

[AU PRP]

Post by Astoria »

word count: 0
Astoria

[AU PRP]

Post by Astoria »

word count: 0