[AU Solo]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Astoria
Pebbles: 1,631.34 Pebbles

[AU Solo]

Post by Astoria »

slice of life - Slice of life stories are focused on mundane, day-to-day activities, with relatively low-stakes problems to overcome; these can be coffee shop AUs, fanciful tabloid dramas, even crossovers into other genres that focus on entirely domestic scenes. The key is to keep it focused on the character interactions, more than on any major crisis.
resolve a disagreement- Anything from the scale of an argument to an all-out war. Will you choose the diplomatic route, or wholly reject one side in favor of the other?
a natural disaster- The whole world has been upheaved by a terrifying force. The landscape is different now, things aren't where or how they used to be, and there are unexpected dangers lurking around every other corner. Please be cautious and stay safe out there!
one of you is from a different genre- One of you done got isekai'd or something, because this story is DEFINITELY not where you belong! What gives?! Oh well, you're in this situation now, so I guess you'd better deal with it!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
word count: 181
Astoria

[AU Solo]

Post by Astoria »

Intro:
It's a beautiful sunny day and despite there being a few clouds here and there, the weather is, in a sense, perfect. Especially if you're wanting to sit outside at one of the local cafes. Even more so when this particular shop has a garden and birds darting about.
word count: 52
Astoria

Meadow Lark

Post by Astoria »

Meadow Lark was sitting at one of the tables, her hands wrapped around a moderately sized cup, a light layer of steam just visible from the surface of the drink. Which, upon closer inspection, appeared to be tea. Meadow leaned forward and took in a deep breath of the murky liquid, the fresh scent of chamomile, honey and lemon drifting to her nose. The calming affect of the combination was delightful and she leaned back in her chair and took a small sip of the warm drink. Pale blue eyes watched the birds that darted from bush to bush and a smile spread across her delicate features as a butterfly floated past. "This is the life." She whispered to no one really except for herself. She was wearing a pale yellow and white colored dress with a soft blue colored sweater that had owls on either side of the bottom, one was a snowy owl, the other a barn. The buttons upon it were wooden and it was honestly quite light, despite it's sweater like appearance. She wasn't neither too warm nor too cold. In a sense, she was just right. Truly there wasn't much that she felt needed to change in that moment. Though, perhaps a snack would make it even better, but she wasn't all that hungry.
Last edited by Astoria on Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 223
Astoria

Love and Regret

Post by Astoria »

Love and Regret was not a people person. She COULD be, when she wanted to be, but in this moment she was not feeling it. Plus, it was quite bright. She had lighter skin than most, to the point people often asked her if she was albino. Which she'd always resound with a firm, "No." And hope that would be the end of it. Her pale hair had a blue sheen to it and the outfit she had on was, in a sense, conservative. The dress was a pleasing shade of lavender and covered her arms and legs in it's soft fabric. She wasn't trying to get sunburned. While it was a nice day, she wished for more clouds. The alternative would have been stay inside and do nothing and she wasn't about to do just that. Finding a shady spot to enjoy her drink she sat down not too far away from where Meadow Lark was. She wished that she was the only one here, but if there was another already present she couldn't really fault them, plus it was a public space. Her hair danced around her in the light breeze and she took another sip of her drink and grumbled internally to herself.
Last edited by Astoria on Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 211
Astoria

Once Pleasant Dreams

Post by Astoria »

Once Pleasant Dreams liked to think of herself as graceful, but today she was not. That word was so far from her vocabulary today that it might as well not even exist. Tripping over, what she could only assume was air, she bumped into Love and Regrets chair and made them spill their drink all over. A look of absolute horror drifted over Once Pleasant Dreams features as it all seemed to happen in slow motion on her end. She had used the chair in which the woman was seated to catch herself, but the resulting motion had caused her to push the chair forward and backwards slightly and the drink spilling wasn't something she could have foreseen. "OH MY GOSH. I AM SO SORRY! Please let me help you, I- Jeez......" She blurted out the words as if that was going to make anything better.
Last edited by Astoria on Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 147
Astoria

Love and Regret

Post by Astoria »

Love and Regret made a noise that was a mixture of shock, startle, disappointment, anger and frustration. Her hands flew to the napkin but it proved little to help mop up the drink that now covered her lap. "I say." She said standing up quickly and turning to look at the person responsible for this unfortunate turn of events. Eyes narrowed and she looked at the dark haired woman with a glance that would cut. "Help how? Do you perhaps possess skills that can magically make this mess disappear?" Her voice came out sharper than she had intended but she was still quite upset. This was her favorite dress and now, as far as she was aware, it was completely ruined!
word count: 121
Astoria

Once Pleasant Dreams

Post by Astoria »

Once Pleasant Dreams cringed as the words berated her. "N-n.noo." She stammered out, uncertain of how to take the verbal lashing that was befalling her in this moment. "I wish my apology was able to compensate for the incident, but I truly am sorry. I tripped and there wasn't any helping where I fell." She said, finding a small hill to plant herself upon. While yes, it was an accident and it was unfortunate that Love and Regrets dress had been ruined, she didn't deserve to be berated in such a way. "I did offer to help though....." Help how, she wasn't sure but if this woman had ideas she'd be more than welcome to assist if she would let her.
word count: 127
Astoria

Meadow Lark

Post by Astoria »

There was a sudden commotion and before Meadow Lark could even do anything to prevent it there was a collision of body to chair and drink to dress and then words. Cringing at the dispute that was happening she wondered if there was anything that she could do to help placate the upset woman. She remembered, then and wondered how she had forgotten this, that she was capable of magic! "I believe that I can assist here." Standing up she approached the two and waved her hand and muttered something that was just barely audible. The drink that had once adorn the beautiful dress was now gone. It was as if it hadn't even happened! Smiling she looked at the two of them and motioned towards her table. "I believe that should solve the issues? If you'd both like, you may join me where I sit." It wasn't much of an offer but perhaps it would help to focus the attention to something other than the no longer spilled drink.
word count: 173
Astoria

Love and Regret

Post by Astoria »

Meadow Larks 'fix' didn't exactly placate her mood but it helped. The feelings of distress were still present but her temper had subsided a bit. Taking in a deep breath she let it out again. "Thank you." It wasn't exactly sincere, as more of a sensation of her just stating something. It flowed naturally from her lips. Darting pale eyes over towards were the other woman sat she nodded. "I think I will take you up on that offer." The whole magic aspect of Meadow Lark didn't really faze her.
word count: 93
Astoria

Once Pleasant Dreams

Post by Astoria »

While it might not have fazed Love and Regret, Once Pleasant Dreams stood there, mouth open, eyes somewhat wide. What had she just witnessed??? Magic?? NOT POSSIBLE?? Was it? She felt entirely out of place here. "You're joking. Am I seeing things?" She was absolutely astonished at what she had just witnessed and couldn't believe that she had actually seen that take place.
word count: 65
Astoria

Love and Regret

Post by Astoria »

Pale eyes stared at the dark haired woman for a moment. "I assure you that you are able to see things, though I had been curious at first since you clearly didn't see well enough if you fell into me in such a way." Came Love and Regrets soft voice, now that her temper and frustrations was well past. "I myself am not capable of such things, but there are plenty here that are." Gesturing towards Meadow Lark as if to say, like her.
Last edited by Astoria on Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 85
Astoria

Once Pleasant Dreams

Post by Astoria »

Well, wasn't she just the odd one out. She had never heard of anyone doing magic before... Was she in the right place? Had she eaten something she shouldn't have and was now dreaming this whole thing up?

Shaking her head with confusion she did decided to take Meadow Larks offer and join her at her table. Sitting down she placed her hands on her lap and remained silent, best her words begin to trick her as well.
word count: 80
Astoria

Meadow Lark

Post by Astoria »

She smiled and was pleased when both of them decided to take her up on her offer. Giving Once Pleasant Dreams a curious sort of look she nodded in agreement to Love and Regrets comment. "Oh yes, it's something that most are quite accustomed to here. It definitely helps in situations such as these, though everyone seems to have their own form of magic and what they are able to do with it in the end." She wondered if there was time for her to go into such things, but the fact that Once Pleasant Dreams hadn't ever come across it made herself wonder about things as well. Giving a small shrug she sat down with her two new found companions.
word count: 123
Astoria

Once Pleasant Dreams

Post by Astoria »

She didn't want to openly state that she was wholly confused, but she didn't want to assume she knew what they were talking about as well. "That's..... well news to me." Clearly, since she had been obviously unaware of it's existence until Meadow Lark had helped Love and Regret. "At least the day is turning out to be quite nice. Though, I have always really enjoyed a good rainstorm." Looking towards the sky she began to frown, as if on cue. She looked at the two ladies sitting with her and hoped it wasn't because of anything she had just said.
word count: 106
Astoria

[AU Solo]

Post by Astoria »

The sudden gusts of wind and darkening skies were a very short notice warning of the storm that was barreling towards the unsuspecting city. This storm wasn't like any typical storm. It was a weird cross between an electric and a magic one, but either way it wouldn't make any real sense to anyone who saw it. The darkness and winds swept around everything, lights glistening and transforming things in it's wake. After everything died down the three ladies were left sitting in a world unlike the one they had currently been in. The color had been seemingly zapped from the world, and in it's place nothing but monochrome, outside of the three of them.

The three gave each other a look that seemed like an agreeance, and they got up, time to figure out what this was and how to stay safe and potentially reverse it's affects.
word count: 153