Space Oddity (The Children of the Night) [CLOSED]

subducting
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,512.42 Pebbles

Space Oddity (The Children of the Night)

Post by subducting »

Yuki wrote:
doomsayer wrote:
Hi! You guys have been rolled, congratulations! As a couple of other booths are doing, I’m going to say that only one person can choose from a “set” per week, so please reply or dm me on discord with your preferences out of the prize pool (ensuring you include picks from more than one set of you’re not the first roll). The sets are: ramcat achas, moth kios (with moths), colourful kimeti, weird bees

Week Two is now open for entries!
word count: 87
Astoria
Pebbles: 1,914.88 Pebbles

Post by Astoria »

I'm seeking out new life!
Username: AstoriaFallen
Kin: Image
Entry:
This was his element. Weird, elongated form, no particular shape, just an oozing manifestation of darkness. Eyeless, but able to see 360 degrees, sharp mouths appearing at random to gobble up anyone who gets in his path. Yesssssssss.... He liked this very much.
word count: 53
Lutz
Pebbles: 1,874.96 Pebbles

Post by Lutz »

Username: Lutz
Entry: Many planets had moons. Some had multiple, some had none, and some had one, singular satellite that kept its larger companion company. Hang The Moon was all of these moons at once and none at the same time. Her essence could flicker from one moon to the other, watching the planet with a doting eye. She could see the life that moved on some of them, the shifting crusts on others, the raging waters on some and the freezing ice on others. Sometimes she spent time with one planet that was particularly interesting to her for eons, observing from the distant spot while being able to see all.
word count: 118
Tara de Draiocht
Pebbles: 4,047.42 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=111

Post by Tara de Draiocht »

Username: Tara de Draiocht
Entry: I streak across the darkness, watch me move. I am just like a comet flying from one part to the next! The darkness like a lover and I welcome its large embrace.
word count: 44
subducting
Patron
Patron

Post by subducting »

As the kin emerge back from the void, a couple find someone has come back with them… they were just minding their own business and suddenly they were somewhere else, and they’ve been inhabiting the void ever since! A spectacular ephemeral space while becomes a fluffy kimeti doe, and a gargantuan moth flickers back into a kiokote form, along with her companion.
Yuki wrote:Image
Your kin is part of a breeding! Please dm or discord me a name (no and she will be certed when her brother is won! (And when me and Kuro name ours whoops)
doomsayer wrote:Image Image
Your kin and moth are part of an alt semi set! Please take them to the certing thread at your pleasure!
word count: 121
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 3,988.38 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

Username: Ruriska
Entry:

She danced through, quick on her hooves, eager to see what lay beyond - and found herself, swimming through space, a constellations bloomed behind her, a goldfish among the stars.

word count: 39
rexcorvus
Certist
Certist
Pebbles: 336.46 Pebbles

Forum

Post by rexcorvus »

Username: kuropeco
Kin:

Entry: Lost in Space shivers and tries to pretend he isn't. It's dark, undulating, a snake in the sky, a twist of something coming to swallow you up. It's almost like drowning, something that wraps around you, hiding you from everything else.

word count: 54
Aria Starstone
Pebbles: 25.32 Pebbles

Post by Aria Starstone »

Username: Aria Starstone
Entry:
Emerging through the rift, he grinned, or perhaps grinned was not the right word, for how would such a devourer as He had become grin? He was powerful for all that he was small, and yet infinitely large. He consumed all that came in range, whether stars, planets, life or unlife... All was his food, his to destroy, enjoying the taste of their suffering, the feeling of innocences dying as they were pulled into his inescapable sphere. The way it lingered infinitely on his tongue, the way he knew they were his for eternity, and could never fight back? Being a Black Hole was all Arctic Waste could ever want.
word count: 121
Fasti
Pebbles: 1,561.72 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=3190

Post by Fasti »

Username: Fasti
Entry: Image
word count: 10
lilacfishie
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 4,453.76 Pebbles
Avatar Art Credit: space crawfish

Post by lilacfishie »

Username: lilacfishie
Entry:
It wasn't often that Waters Grace spent time in the Winter Market these days. She was not a fan of all the noise and the cold was not kind to her aging body. However, she'd heard tell of a strange booth this year hosted by the Children of the Night. Those at the Cres who recounted their journeys could not remember much about what was beyond the portal, but they all seemed to feel pretty good about the experience. That was why she found herself, a little nervous, stepping into the swirling blues and purples.

What emerged from the other side was...a magnificent creature. A massive, glimmering manta ray glided through the void. Her underside was a masterpiece of twinkling stars and auroras, forever changing and developing. Her migrating path was around a planet, blocking out the sun for half it's day. She hosted the silent, beautiful night for the creatures on the planet as she eclipsed the sun's gaze upon it. She moved slowly, gently, but her size still warranted long distances travelled. After what felt like days, days that she created with her migration, she made her way back the way she'd come.

When Waters Grace came back through to the Swamp, she did not remember much about her time inside. But, she felt content, relaxed. She trotted quickly back to her spot at The Cres, pondering the little pieces she could remember from her journey.
word count: 254
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster
Pebbles: 1,398.38 Pebbles

Forum

Post by fluo »

Username: fluo
Entry: Stillness of the Tomb woke to a pink haze. When he got up and cleared his throat and turned around, more confusion puzzled the buck. The pink haze was very much the environment. Everywhere was tinged pink. He looked up to the sky and saw two suns. It looked like the swamp but everything was pink. he heard a rumble in the distance and all the hair on his back froze up to the sky. That was not a sound that was of the swamp he knew. He gulped. It was getting closer.
word count: 103
HuniPi
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 3,213.44 Pebbles

Post by HuniPi »

Username: HuniPi
Entry: It's space- weightless, one swims or drifts through it like water. Water-worn is thin almost flat, translucent in his extremities while a deep, darkness at his core. Tendrils would be folded against his sides while he "swims" and will curl around things he can eat. Chunks of rock, space detritus, light and dust, the occasion unfortunate space-traveler.
word count: 70
subducting
Patron
Patron

Post by subducting »

Gathering from here!
word count: 3
subducting
Patron
Patron

Post by subducting »

1. AstoriaFallen
2. Starrydance
3. Kalahari
4. Lutz
5. Ruriska
6. Tara de Draiocht
7. Aria Starstone
8. LOLLI qAq
9. Baneful
10. Astraea
11. Nashawryn
12. Fasti
13. Lilacfishie
14. Muffinsbaby
15. Kiwi Squirt Bottle
16. Fluo
17. AstoriaFallen
18. Lutz
19. Tara de Draiocht
20. Ruriska
21. Kuropeco
22. Aria Starstone
23. Fasti
24. Lilacfishie
25. Fluo
26. HuniPi
Dice rolls
[15, 21] = 36
2d26:  [
] = 36
word count: 61
subducting
Patron
Patron

Post by subducting »

Kiwi Squirt Bottle wrote:
Kuropeco wrote:
Congratulations! You guys have rolled!

Please reply or dm me on discord with your preferences out of the prize pool (ensuring you include picks from more than one set of you’re not the first roll). The sets are: ramcat achas, moth kios (with moths), colourful kimeti, weird bees. The greyed out options on the image above have already been won!

Week 3 is now open for entries!
word count: 74