Twin Souls: AU Writing/Art! - Week 5 now open!

blue
Owner
Owner
Pebbles: 1,524.62 Pebbles

Forum

Twin Souls: AU Writing/Art! - Week 4 now open!

Post by blue »

pause here, rolling 4 winners!
  1. Beejoux (week 1)
  2. Beejoux (week 1)
  3. elvy (week 1)
  4. Astraea (week 1)
  5. Astraea (week 1)
  6. Baneful (week 1)
  7. Baneful (art bonus) (week 1)
  8. Pandora Talie (week 1)
  9. AMItotic (week 1)
  10. AMItotic (week 1)
  11. Tiarana (week 1)
  12. Arashi (week 1)
  13. Arashi (week 1)
  14. Lutz (week 1)
  15. Lutz (week 1)
  16. Tara de Draoicht (week 1)
  17. Tara de Draoicht (week 1)
  18. Moonstone Dazzle (week 1)
  19. Lirilei (week 1)
  20. Lirilei (week 1)
  21. Lirilei (art bonus) (week 1)
  22. Lirilei (art bonus) (week 1)
  23. Scaramouche Fandango (week 1)
  24. Scaramouche Fandango (week 1)
  25. Scaramouche Fandango (art bonus) (week 1)
  26. Scaramouche Fandango (art bonus) (week 1)
  27. Aria Starstone (week 1)
  28. Appeal (week 1)
  29. Appeal (week 1)
  30. Maxx (week 1)
  31. fluo (week 1)
  32. fluo (week 1)
  33. Toshiful (week 1)
  34. Toshiful (week 1)
  35. Lutz (week 2)
  36. Lutz (week 2)
  37. elvy (week 2)
  38. elvy (week 2)
  39. doomsayer (week 2)
  40. Beejoux (week 2)
  41. Beejoux (week 2)
  42. Scaramouche Fandango (week 2)
  43. Scaramouche Fandango (week 2)
  44. Scaramouche Fandango (week 2) art bonus
  45. Scaramouche Fandango (week 2) art bonus
  46. Tara de Draiocht (week 2)
  47. Tara de Draiocht (week 2)
  48. Niyaru (week 2)
  49. Maxx (week 2)
  50. Muffinsbaby (week 2)
  51. Toshiful (week 2)
  52. Toshiful (week 2)
  53. Appeal (week 2)
  54. Appeal (week 2)
  55. Astraea (week 2)
  56. Astraea (week 2)
  57. fluo (week 2)
  58. fluo (week 2)
  59. Lirilei (week 2)
  60. Lirilei (week 2)
  61. Lirilei (week 2) art bonus
  62. Lirilei (week 2) art bonus
  63. Tiarana (week 2)
  64. Lutz (week 3)
  65. Lutz (week 3)
  66. doomsayer (week 3)
  67. Owlsomniac (week 3)
  68. Tara de Draiocht (week 3)
  69. Tara de Draiocht (week 3)
  70. Niyaru (week 3)
  71. Niyaru (week 3)
  72. Beejoux (week 3)
  73. Beejoux (week 3)
  74. kuropeco (week 3)
  75. kuropeco (week 3)
  76. elvy (week 3)
  77. elvy (week 3)
  78. fluo (week 3)
  79. fluo (week 3)
  80. Tiarana (week 3)
  81. Tiarana (week 3)
  82. Beejoux (week 4)
  83. Beejoux (week 4)
  84. Niyaru (week 4)
  85. Niyaru (week 4)
  86. doomsayer (week 4)
  87. Tara de Draiocht (week 4)
  88. Tara de Draiocht (week 4)
  89. fluo (week 4)
    (one entry did not have a description)
Dice rolls
[73, 53, 89, 55] = 270
4d89:  [
] = 270
word count: 324
(icorn by amitotic!)
blue
Owner
Owner

Forum

Twin Souls: AU Writing/Art! - WEEK 4 WINNERS!

Post by blue »

Congrats week four winners!
Please PM me with your preferences in order, including at least 1 kin, 1 Tanuki, and Blue Art in your list.

{individual images for kin are listed on pg 1; please list Tanuki based on position!]

Remember, maximum 3 kin, 2 tanuki (all semi-customs now taken!) and 1 piece of art can be won this week!
Beejoux wrote:First pick!
Appeal wrote:Second pick!
fluo wrote:Third pick!
Astraea wrote:Fourth Pick!
word count: 77
(icorn by amitotic!)
blue
Owner
Owner

Forum

Post by blue »

IMPORTANT NOTE GOIN INTO WEEK FIVE:

I would really love to see descriptions of at least 2-3 sentences, since there will be at least SIX winners rolled next week!
Please be creative with the prompt instead of phoning it in, I was pretty upset to see some not-even-a-full-sentence answers this week. Thank you!
word count: 58
(icorn by amitotic!)
Owlsomniac
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 1,296.72 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Owlsomniac »

A BOND WITH MY OTHER HALF
Kin Name: Image
AU Name: Echoes of Eternity
AU Familiar: a sleek silver and blue cat named Starfire.
AU Personality: Echoes of Eternity takes in the glittering city all around her with a keen, happy gaze. She's excited to be visiting the big city for the first time, and has dressed to celebrate. Her long dress is dark blue in various sheer layers of flowing, glittering, silver and navy, draped until it looks as though a sparkling cloud of the starry night itself flows around her. She can't wait to visit the tallest lookouts and see the sky and city below from such a vantage point. Starfire glides between her feet and then jumps up into her arms with an equally excited meow. Together, they take off into the crowd of elegant and eccentric visitors.
Art: Optional!

AU Name: Blessed Song
AU Familiar: a bright red songbird named Poppy
AU Personality: A singer who soothes the hearts of others with his otherworldly voice. Yet he doesn't seek fame or fortune. On stage he's working, fulfilling his purpose, but when it's all over and done with he prefers the quiet of his loft where he can curl up with Poppy under a nice warm blanket and watch the city lights twinkle below.

Tonight he's dressed for the stage in a long flowing cape of lilac and red, and white knee -high boots. Poppy stands out where she perches on his shoulder, and after a few moments of preparation, he strides up onto the stage to sing his first solo...
word count: 279
Fasti
Pebbles: 1,561.72 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=3190

Post by Fasti »

AU Name: Grained Melon
AU Familiar: Sweet Watermelon
AU Personality: Grained Melon is more of an extroverted type, always on the go, in a good mood and having fun for everyone. He has a very mischievous nature that he likes to show. But when it comes to watermelon, he doesn't take jokes, it's his favorite food and anyone who makes fun of it has to live with the consequences.

Always at his side, his loyal companion: his dog. No matter where he is, whether at home, out in the field or with friends, she is there. She represents a fundamental, emotional support for him, but of course he wouldn't admit it.

Today both of them are wearing partner looks. His companion wears a chic, watermelon-colored bow around her neck. He himself chose a longer, red-green coat, a dark scarf, green pants, a green hat and matching shoes.

Art:
I'm sorry, I'm realy not good with humas, but I tried my best!
word count: 176
Kalahari
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,625.40 Pebbles

Post by Kalahari »

AU Name: Melinda Gravewater
AU Familiar: Female house mouse, Cinaeria
AU Personality: Miss Gravewater is what most would consider... understated. A slight figure, a penchant for dressing in muted greys and beige, always with a shawl and her gold-rimmed glasses, she hardly strikes one as the intimidating sort. Nor does her little companion, dusty little Cinaeria whose fondness for pockets means she's not often noticed by most. "Shy as a mouse," they'll say, and shake their heads. But they forget that even mice may be brave, quick, clever... and they can't be judged by size alone. Perhaps this is why Miss Gravewater is also seen as reliable contact and confidant for the witches of her world, and it certainly wouldn't do for a witch's friend to draw too much attention to herself.
word count: 146
Lirilei
Herald
Herald
Pebbles: 7,006.70 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

AU Name: Oak Rasmus 'Ras' Teller
AU Familiar: An orange tabby cat named Mister Fancy Pants
AU Personality: Oak (who hates his first name and goes by Ras/Rasmus for all but his brother and partner) works from home running his own business that mostly deals with cyber security, and IT support. He has agoraphobia and so working from home is a must for him. Delivery apps have been a life saver for him, and it helps bring the world to him since he can't bring himself to meet the world head on unless it involves being sedated and sweet talked into it by his boyfriend Linden, who he met thanks to one of the delivery apps. He tries all the time to work through his problems, and can now, mostly make it out to their very fenced off back yard for a few minutes before panic sets in and sends him fleeing back for the indoors.
Art: Image

AU Name: Iaian Spruce Teller
AU Familiar: A chinchilla named Sprinkles
AU Personality: Iaian (who prefers Spruce to his first name) has made his mission in life to help those in need. Growing up with his older brothers agoraphobia, and watching it get worse as he gets older, he became a hair stylist and performs a lot of in home visits for those who need it, or will block out time at his salon to have a client come in and devote one on one time with them if they prefer. It's not about the money, it's about helping someone in need.
word count: 280
Tiarana
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,218.54 Pebbles

Post by Tiarana »

AU Name: Rebecca Acherley
AU Familiar: A bear. Just a regular, huge, bear. His name is Yuki and he gives fantastic hugs.
AU Personality: Rebecca is strikingly beautiful, yet completely unapproachable. She still lives with her parents and works a part time job at a coffee shop after failing to find any work with her classical history degree. She is utterly depressed and it is only because of Yuki that she is able to function at all.
Art:
word count: 86
Tiarana
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,218.54 Pebbles

Post by Tiarana »

AU Name: Amelia Clark
AU Familiar: A black borzoi named Grim
AU Personality: Amelia has a love of all things beautiful and elegant, including lolita fashion, high tea, and art museums. Despite her love of lolita fashion, she has a solid anti-capitalist streak, and often proselytizes on the subject at meetups. To support her hobbies, she works as a project manager on top-secret government technology projects. She enjoys making her own clothes and accessories, upcycling thrifted items, and searching for antiques for her house. She lives in a strately town home not far from the heart of the city. Grim provides her with companionship and protection.
word count: 117
Fasti
Pebbles: 1,561.72 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=3190

Post by Fasti »

AU Name: Orlana
AU Familiar: A golden puppy named Jump
AU Personality: Orlana has a very bright personality and her consistently positive nature means she gets along very well with most people. One moment she is whirling around the room, laughing and cheering, the next moment she is distracted by a butterfly and follows it.

Today she has chosen a more elegant dress, the green material matches the color of her eyes and she has green sandals with it. She wears her orange hair open.

At her side is Jump, her puppy. Together they cavort through the streets.
word count: 107
Lutz
Pebbles: 1,874.96 Pebbles

Post by Lutz »

AU Name: Sweet Sweeney
AU Familiar: A slug named Little Guy
AU Personality: Sweet Sweeney is a snake oil salesman, ready to swindle the pants off of any passing granny or simpleton. He'll sell anything and everything to anyone if they're gullible enough. Little Guy is usually perched on his shoulder or on the brim of his hat - Sweet Sweeney always wears a classic Gatsby straw hat to top off his classic if stereotypical old-timey salesman attire - and is quite the charismatic little slug, waving his eye stalks to emphasize Sweeney's points. Most of Sweet Sweeney's customers walk away wondering how they bought what he was selling. His charisma is infectious and his pointy teeth are a bit intimidating...you wouldn't say no, right?
word count: 140
Lutz
Pebbles: 1,874.96 Pebbles

Post by Lutz »

AU Name: Don Healy
AU Familiar: A golden retriever named Sunny
AU Personality: Don Healy is a solemn, refined gentleman who runs a funeral home. Though he is a bit dreary and seems to revel in the gothic life he leads, he is extremely sympathetic towards his clients and respectful to the deceased. He talks to them as he works as if they can hear every word he says and takes special care to ensure they are treated as if they were in a five star hotel. His familiar, Sunny, is extremely personable and seems to know who needs a comforting head to pat or lick on the cheek the most. He serves a bit like a therapy dog for those in mourning and between his and Don's efforts, their funeral home is one of the most sought-after for services and is always very busy.
word count: 157
Tara de Draiocht
Pebbles: 4,047.42 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=111

Post by Tara de Draiocht »

AU Name: Willow
AU Familiar: Swan and Ode
AU Personality: Weeping Willow is a natural beauty with flowy shoulder length hair that prefers neutral coloured clothes. She loves her dark blue shades and flower crown. She exudes calm and poise in almost every situation. Many come for her advance and some wisdom. Willow is very much a lover of the outdoors and prefers to hang out in her 'spot' which is essentially a pond.
Art:

AU Name: Elijah Wood
AU Familiar: Many... birds...many. All different names.
AU Personality: Fellowship is a dedicated guy who enjoys going on adventures! Dedication in terms of fighting for what's right and when he has a goal in mind... he goes for it until the end! He has curly brown hair and loves to wear soft worn leather pants and dark brown medieval male blouse with tan leather vest.
Art:
word count: 163
rexcorvus
Certist
Certist
Pebbles: 336.46 Pebbles

Forum

Post by rexcorvus »

Kin Name: Made of Dreams
AU Name: Griffin Elliot
AU Familiar: An oilslick colored bird similar to a raven but not quite; it's name is Vincent
AU Personality: Griffin is a sarcastic, intense, bitingly honest man with a penchant for never sugarcoating the truth - for everyone except himself. He dislikes stupidity, abhors beating around the bush, and would much rather be on the same page as someone else than be stuck playing whatever games people like to play. He and Vincent are constantly at odds with one another, continually snapping back and forth but there's an underlaying understanding of support that neither one acknowledges. They care about each other, but don't know how to show it other than the continual bickering and squabbling.
Art: n/a
word count: 135
rexcorvus
Certist
Certist
Pebbles: 336.46 Pebbles

Forum

Post by rexcorvus »

Kin Name: [url=hhttp://ol.matope-swamp.com/kin/view/dweller-in-darkness]Dweller in Darkness[/url]
AU Name: Saoirse Thwaite
AU Familiar: a big brown bat named Song that mostly tries to hide.
AU Personality: Saoirse is mean and she knows it and she doesn't care. She knows where to press buttons, knows what needles she can slide in under your skin, and she will keep doing it until she gets what she wants. This applies both to other people and to Song, who she doesn't like and doesn't want to be around but the two of them are stuck together regardless. Song is timid and will not fight back; she mostly goes along with Saoirse's whims because the alternative is much, much worse.
Art: n/a
word count: 138