[PRP] Introductions (Consume & Serpent of Paradise)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Prolixity
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 3,938.10 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=102

Post by Prolixity »

Merry had said she had someone for him to meet. Consume has spent some time grooming himself, making sure his fur was neat and clean, before the appointed time. He was punctual, trotting into the clearing where they'd arranged to meet; he looked around for Merry's bright fur.
word count: 50
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 2,859.80 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=1272

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

There were few things in Merry's life that she practiced caution and discretion with, but once of those things was the well being of her children, and who she chose to bring into their lives. A lot -- most -- of her dalliances were fleeting things, either casual from the jump or simply brief. The mare enjoyed those encounters, carried fond memories of every one, but she kept that side of her life apart from her role as a mother.

Until now, at least. There was nothing fleeting about Consume. The buck had walked into her life and had remained a consistent part of it since they'd walked into the obelisk together. She cared for him deeply, and she knew he cared for her and that he wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

It was fine for those different parts of her life to come together, so Merry head arranged a meeting. She waited for Consume at the edge of the clearing, bright against the shadowy backdrop. When she saw him she gave an eager chirrup in greeting.
prolixity wrote:
word count: 180
Prolixity
Patron
Patron

Post by Prolixity »

"There you are," Consume said, and trotted over to bump shoulders and rub cheeks with Merry, smiling. He was pleased to see her, as he always was. He liked other kin most of the time, but he liked Merry's company particularly; he hadn't as yet reflected on that too deeply, but he liked to be near her, liked to talk with her, found himself seeking her out frequently.

He was quietly pleased to be meeting her family. He hadn't given that a great deal of deep thought either, but it made him feel warm that she wanted him to know her connections.
word count: 105
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

"Here I am," she repeated back to him fondly, happily rubbing her cheek along his, shoulders bumping. He had an ever present purr to his voice when he spoke to her that always put a smile on her maw, and it was there now as circled excitedly around him, feather tipped tail flicking to tickle under his chin.

In the trees just past the clearing a branch snapped, and a dark figure stepped around a dense bush. He was young yet, but no longer a child. Inky black coat broken up by a few bright hints of color on his head and the end of his tail. He stood quietly, shyly just outside the clearing, watching his mother and this new buck thoughtfully.

Merry saw him and walked over to him to bump his cheek with her nose, and the young buck smiled at her, his ears falling back in a more relaxed way. "This is my son, Clash and Burn."

Clash looked back at the grey buck and dipped his head in a nod. "Hello."
prolixity wrote:
word count: 178
Prolixity
Patron
Patron

Post by Prolixity »

The tickle of feathers under his chin made him laugh, and he nipped playfully at them, his smile wide and toothy. When a branch snapped, though, he turned to look, ears coming up curiously. There was a dark buck at the edge of the clearing, neither very young nor particularly old yet. This must be who Merry wanted to introduce, Consume guessed, and his surmise was proven right as Merry moved over to greet the young buck and introduce him.

Consume watched Clash relax just slightly, watched the way Merry's body language went gentle, and felt something deep and warm that he couldn't fully identify. He smiled back at Clash, a smile that was softer and less sharp. "A pleasure to meet you," he replied. "I'm Consume. I hope you've heard good things about me," he chuckled, teasing very lightly.
Beejoux wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:16 am
word count: 153
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

The young buck glanced briefly towards his mother before returning Consume's smile. He wasn't as fearlessly outgoing as the bright doe was, but he was kind and friendly, if a little reserved. The grey buck's question got a little chuckle from him. "Good things, yes."

That he was hearing things about the buck at all meant his mother felt very strongly about him. Merry was flighty and impulsive, and though Merry shielded him and Rumor from a lot of her hedonism, they knew their mom was quite the free spirit. But she'd been talking about Consume since she'd returned from the caves, and that was telling, to him.

That Consume was now here, willing to meet more of Merry's family, interested in what she had to say about him, seemed telling too.
prolixity wrote:
word count: 140
Prolixity
Patron
Patron

Post by Prolixity »

"That's good," Consume chuckled. He didn't inquire further, though he was curious as to what Clash had heard about him; he was nosy, but he knew also that pressing too hard would seem egotistical. "So," he said after a moment, still smiling that friendly smile. "How do you like to spend your time?" Nothing too invasive, but he wanted to know more about the young buck. As well, he wanted to know how Clash would describe himself. Sometimes, the ways kin talked about themselves was as revealing as how they acted.
Beejoux wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:21 am
word count: 102
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

Merry looked between the two with obvious warmth and fondness. She'd been aneevous about this meeting, though she wasn't entirely sure why. It seemed to be going well, though. The doe bumped her head up under Clash's chin reassuringly, then moved to the side, settling on a soft bit of moss to listen. Skybird made a soft chirrup and fluttered down from the branches I warhead to leand in one of her horns.

Clash glanced at his mother and then back again at the toothy buck. "I...mm." he was definitely not as outgoing as his mouth, not as loud or impulsive. Thinking over his words before he answered. "I like to watch and listen to birds, song back to them." A hobby he'd picked up from his mouther. "I also like growing things, vegetables, and herbs, mostly."

Sharing seemed to help him relax more. He liked that Consume had asked. "What about you?"
prolixity wrote:
word count: 160
Prolixity
Patron
Patron

Post by Prolixity »

"What kind of herbs?" Consume asked, his ears lifting with interest. "D'you eat them with your foods, or are they healing herbs?"

He smiled to the return question. "I like to range around and explore the swamp. See what's where, find interesting things. I do some hunting and fishing, too." He seemed relaxed, open, interested in what Clash had to say.
word count: 63
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

"A little of both." He smiled almost shyly. "There's an old granny doe that passes close to where trading grounds, and she's showed me lots of different plants and taught me how to use them." He liked the old doe, she was curt and too the point, but she was wise and had great stories.

As Consume shared his interests it was easy to see how the buck and his mother got along so well. They were very similar in what they enjoyed. "What sorts of things have you found on your explorations?"

Merry swallowed a laugh and the urge to burst out with me! It was true, but she doubted that was what her son meant.
prolixity wrote:
word count: 121
Prolixity
Patron
Patron

Post by Prolixity »

"That's useful to know," Consume said, smiling. "I know plenty about what's delicious, but not so much about what helps. Maybe you can help me learn, sometime, if you're so inclined."

"The most recent thing interesting I've found is a hot pool inside a cave," he offered. "Too hot for fish, but not hot enough to cook. Got an interesting smell to it, too. Good for cool evenings. I don't think it's anyone's territory, but I could be wrong. Haven't met anyone else there yet, though."
word count: 94
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

Clash inclined his head modestly. "I could do that, I don't mind." If it helped Consume it would also be helping his mother, he was sure. Besides, so far the grey buck seemed alright to him. Clash had been nervous he wouldn't like him, but so far he's seen nothing not to like.

Dark ears perked at the mention of a hot spring in a cave, and beside him Merry looked intrigued as well. "That sounds fascinating. It's it close to here?"
prolixity wrote:
word count: 88
Prolixity
Patron
Patron

Post by Prolixity »

"Thanks," Consume said, his ears perked. "Just tell me when to meet you, or maybe Merry wouldn't mind letting me know." He tilted his head towards the doe, grinning.

"Not too far," he said. "You know the cliffs with that split waterfall? It's in that direction. I can show you, if you want."
word count: 55
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

The dark buck nodded. "Once the weather is more obliging." His mother would happily assist in setting something up for the pair of them, and she nodded when he too looked a question in her direction.

His ears perked when Consume described the ara the hot springs was in. "I do know that area, I've been there before. I didn't know there were many caves there. I'd love to see what you found."
prolixity wrote:
word count: 78
Prolixity
Patron
Patron

Post by Prolixity »

Consume nodded, grinning. "If you've got the time I'll show you both, then," he offered. He moved to trot in the direction he'd indicated; as he passed Merry, his tail flicked to the side to brush playfully across her shoulder, his ear angling at her.
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 50