[B] Eagle-Proof (RBF, SC)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 2,891.62 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Scaramouche Fandango »

Strange Creature had learned a lot about being brave, ever since she returned from the caves beneath the world.

Ever since the shattered obelisk had left her questioning everything she knew, everything she was, she had felt like she was left to pick up the pieces of herself and fit them back together. But like a shattered crystal never really fit back together, there were cracks.

And perhaps that wasn’t a bad thing at all. Cracks let the light in. Cracks meant there was room to expand, room to grow. Room to reflect. When a crystal cracked, sometimes you got sharp shards… and sometimes you got rainbows.

It all depended on how you held it.

Part of getting her life back was being open to changes, to new things, to small, quiet growth. Part of getting her life back was allowing herself to live, and to live in accordance to her values.

She’d been a mother before; not the most involved or overbearing, but she’d been a mother. The children’s father was a dear friend, and if she was honest- and she could be nothing but- he’d done more to raise them than she had. He was just more paternal than she was maternal. But she loved the idea of kids, of bringing new life into the world, of creating something from nothing.

She wanted to experience that again. She wanted to shatter the crystal and bring about life again. The world was alive with green shoots and hatching eggs, and she found that she actively wanted to be part of that again.

And she’d found a friend who felt the same.

So now, after much discussion and delight, she was seeking another friend, a friend who could help her. A friend who probably already knew she was coming.
word count: 305
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Fish did, in fact, know that Strange Creature was coming. The doe didn’t travel quietly; her scaly entourage made a good bit of noise as it traveled. She was a moveable feast, although not the kind you ate- more like something you consumed with your eyes, a riot of color and visual interest. She was happy to see her friend- it seemed like an eternity ago that the doe had first sought her out, bravely asking for help with her little bird problem. She’d done so well- but Fish could tell that wasn’t what she was coming here for now.

No, this was a whole new ask. It was an old ask, possibly the oldest ask. It was an ask she got frequently, though never the same way twice. Even parents who came to her multiple times asked for something new and different each time. No blessing was the same as one that came before, just like no children were ever the same as ones that had come before. So she was happy, oh so happy, to be able to bless Strange Creature.
word count: 186
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

“FISH!” she yelled, excited to see the kin she just knew would be there. The Totoma mare didn’t really keep a territory; she traveled a lot, either in her massive great eagle form, or through the water in one of her other shapes. But she knew that Fish would be at the basking rocks today, because she needed her– and she knew that the Motherfather’s chosen often showed up when kin needed them.
word count: 75
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

“I’d tell you to stop hollering because you’ll scare off the fish, but the fishing is miserable here. I don’t know why you all hang out here; these rocks are miserable,” she groused in a mock-gruff manner as the Kimeti came galloping up to her. “But something tells me you didn’t come out here to go fishing.”
word count: 62
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

“I came out here because I come out here every day, pretty much. I like the basking rocks. Even though they’re out in the open, they’re warm and comfortable, and they get lots of sun. Also, sometimes they attract very sweet Totomas, which is what I wanted to talk to you about, and why I suspect you’re here.”
word count: 61
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

“Sweet Totomas? You don’t need to flirt with me, you know.” Fish stuck her tongue out at her friend.
word count: 20
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Strange Creature stamped a hoof in mock indignation. “I’m not! I’m talking about Sister-Mother, who’s going to father our kids.”
word count: 24
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

“That’s a lot of family relations in one kin.” It was an interesting name. She wondered if it was a dream, or if it referred to an act. Not all Totomas earned their names these days, a concept that delighted her, even if it simultaneously confused her. If the Motherfather was speaking to more of her kind, all the better.
word count: 61
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

“You’re a riot, Fish. But seriously, I want this badly, and I want the best for them- and so I’m asking you as a friend: will you bless them?”
word count: 31
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Fish had to smile at this. Of course she would- it was what she did. She liked doing it, each and every time. “Am I helping with in specific?”
word count: 29
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Make them eagle-proof,” she thought, but in a determined, quiet voice, what she actually said was “Make them brave.”
word count: 20
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

“I don’t need to bless for that; they’ll have you as a mother. If there’s one thing I’ve learned about you, it’s that you’re brave.”
word count: 31
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

“I’m brave because I have to be. I want them to be brave without ever having to know the kind of fear I did, Fish. I want them to know all the happiness in the world, and I want them to be bold and daring without ever having to question it.”
word count: 52
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

“Got it. Oh, and if it’s lambs, an easy birth. Can’t forget that.”
word count: 15
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

“…I hadn’t thought of that.” Her mind flashed to Sister-Mother's extremely spiky... spikes.
word count: 16