Firestarter

Write stories as told by your kin, either to fill Legendary requirements or just for fun.
kuropeco
Certist
Certist
Pebbles: 429.38 Pebbles

Forum

Firestarter

Post by kuropeco »

"In the beginning," Sleepy Time intoned, in a voice that was probably meant to sound dramatic but came across, more or less, as though he had a bad head cold. "There was the Motherfather."

Here he paused meaningfully, then continued, "Now, the Motherfather was quite tired of the darkness that came across the swamp at times. It was said that it was cold, and it was dark before any of the kin came into being, and that was no real way to live, or exist, or what have you. I don't know about you, but being cold isn't exactly my favorite thing, and I wouldn't want to spend all of my time in the dark, even though I really would like to spend all my time napping, but - "

It was several minutes of talking about sleeping before Sleepy Time got back on track again. "At any rate, the Motherfather was lonely, and it because it was so dark and so cold, it made it difficult for her to see anything at all. She thought to herself that maybe she should do something about that before she made some new friends, because what's the point of having friends if you can't even see them? So she thought to herself, 'self, what must I do to add some light here?' And for a while, there was nothing, and for a while, she couldn't do anything, but this only made her more determined to give life and light to all existence.

"It was then that she realized the blaze in her heart, the brightness in her own eyes, so she took from them the burning heat of existence, the first curls of a flame that set the night alight. It was from her heart, this fire, this determination, and it took on a real form, something orange and gold and bright and burning. It was the creation before creation, the desire to make us all be able to see. She took a part of that flame and put it into the sky to make the sun, because everyone could use some nice warmth and some nice heat, but then she thought that wasn't enough, so she decided to put the rest of it down in the swamp, and everywhere, for those that were created after to be able to use. She wanted to make sure that we were warm and that we could use it whenever we wanted.

"Well," Sleepy time amended, "Not whenever. There had to be limitations, of course, because otherwise we'd just go around burning everything to the ground and that would be very bad. Fire can get of control so fast, you see, so the Motherfather made it so we couldn't make it too easily and then told us that it could be quelled with water, which is nice, because when it gets too hot, then we can go cool off."

He smiled cheerily. "And, of course, there's the fire in our hearts. That was also created by the Motherfather, giving us a little bit of her courage when she made us."

A pause.

"Maybe some more than others."
word count: 530