[PRP] Pay Attention! (Northern Wind x Beautiful Thought) [gaia transfer]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Lirilei
Herald
Herald
Pebbles: 6,105.00 Pebbles

Forum

[PRP] Pay Attention! (Northern Wind x Beautiful Thought) [gaia transfer]

Post by Lirilei »

The morning was already more than half gone, and still, Beautiful Thought hadn't done what she'd set out to do that day. Not that what she'd planned to do that day was terribly important or anything, but she'd wanted to go and check her favorite berry bushes to see what might be on them.

Instead, she'd stopped to stare up at the clouds in the sky, giggling to herself as some looked like foxbuns, caimans and the like. Even if it was the vaguest of shape her mind supplied it with a full and proper shape bringing notes of laughter from her.

Finally she got back to walking, only to get distracted by a pair of birds flying past and she stopped to watch them, wondering just where they were off to, if they had a nest or would have one.

In other words, she was very easily distracted, and not just now but most of the time.

Northern Wind followed a new trail to a new to him part of the Swamp, tired of all his usual haunts. Having ignited a furious argument with a companion, he grumps along the swamp. Not noticing the lovely clouds, or the singing birds, or the lovely morning.

Cresting over a rise, he spies a Kimeti doe staring off at the clouds. Not able to resist peering that way as well, he raised his head to glare that way.
Of course, she didn't notice the buck glaring at her. That would have been something close to a miracle if she had. Nope she was busy looking at the clouds even as she was walking, one slow hoof step in front of the other, half feeling the ground as she went.

Thought, was no longer in a rush to get to her berry bushes, nope, she was enjoying the shapes of the clouds over head far too much to pay attention to her surroundings. Until she heard a rustle near her, and her head finally came down to peer that way curiously wondering what it was. Maybe it was a foxbun, or a mouse. Could be any number of things, even just the wind moving things, but again, her mind was prone to flights of fancy.

A beautiful foxbun of vibrant colorations comes out of the bush, nose wiggling at the air. Then it darts off up the trail - racing between the hooves of a standing buck.

He turns his head to huff at it as it goes careening around and into another bush.
The foxbun darting out suddenly caught her attention and she let out a pleased laugh watching it go running, imagining it was maybe on it's way home, in a rush because it realized it was running late.

The idea delighted her so!

So much so that it took her a moment to see the buck that it had run at, and away from. A surprised note from her as she spoke. "Oh! Hello there, I didn't see you there!"

"Greetings, doe." icy teal eyes sweep along her aloof, "What do you search for, this day."

His tone implies he does not quite care, but he is supposed to ask.

The tone should have told her everything she needed to know about this buck. That he didn't care, but felt obligated to ask her.

Yet, it wasn't in her nature to be hung up on such things. Instead she laughed warmly.

"Beautiful Though, not doe. Though I suppose doe works, but I imagine it'd get awfully confusing if there was more than one doe around at the time wouldn't it?"

Her voice is upbeat as she prattles on, though his question had yet to be answered. Instead she was peering down by the bush the foxbun had run to. "Was the foxbun yours? Sure was a pretty one!"

Stern brows knit at her cheery, upbeat answer.

"..... No, I do not have a pet. Beautiful Thought? An unusual name." Tone still as icy, but a hint of curiosity sparks!

"You don't, really? That's too bad. Then again I don't have one either. Which is probably for the best. I wouldn't know what one I would want most of all."

She gave a warm laugh, looking away from where the foxbun had run away. Except now, she was staring up at the clouds again, a laugh given. "That one looks like an acha!" and with a lot of imagination the odd shaped cloud could sort of be seen as an acha. Maybe.

His brows knit ever the more and glares up at the sky, gaze darting back and forth from where hers SEEMS to be and the clouds.

"No cloud looks like an Acha, not even sitting nor a profile. Are you a cloud reader?" He sounds quite distracted by all this imaginative banter....

She gave a bright laugh and shook her head in amusement at his question.

"Nooooo. I'm not a cloud reader! But look that big one there if you sort of tilt your head to the side and squint your eyes some, you can sort of make out an acha!" still, not really. She was stretching her imagination here, really.

Peers at her a bit icily for a moment, seeking if shes teasing him. Ears laying back he, tilted his head and squinted looking rather.... silly.

"I do not see an Acha. Are you sure it is that cloud? Perhaps the wind changed it before I looked."

"You don't? Do you maybe see the turtle next to it?"

She pranced around till she was standing facing in the same direction as him, and she sort of leaned against him, oblivious to the icy look and tone from him.

Rather glaring at the sky, for MUCH too long, head lightly tilting to and fro. Seeming to take her suggestion as a serious one, and not scoffing nor laughing at it.

"I still see it not. Perhaps you are a cloud reader, after all." Taking searing gaze from sky and loftily looking down upon her, as if wondering at such a gift.

She was laughing warmly at his words, amused by them really, and she shook her head even as she almost skipped around him.

"No, no. Not a cloud reader. Ohhh look!" and she was moving a few steps away and sticking her nose into a patch of flowers to sniff at them. Apparently, she was done with the cloud conversation. At least for the moment.

"...."

Stands, watching her turn her attention from clouds to flowers in a blink. Interested despite his usual aloofness, he dipped his head towards the blooms thinking surely something is there of interest.

"What is it you see now?"

His reaction was utterly hilarious to her, for reasons she couldn't have put a hoof on if she'd found her life dependent on it. Else than he seemed sooooo serious, and in need of lightening up a little!

Still his question had her stepping closer to him and she was carefully laying her head against his neck, and speaking quietly, since she was so close to his ear though still brightly. "It's not what I see but what I can smell in this case. Can't you smell how sweet, and fresh these flowers are? Sure they're really pretty, but they smell even nicer I think!"

Like that she was sticking her nose into the flowers again, giving another smell of them.

"...."

Peering at her uncertaintly with the leaning and the whispering, he cast his gaze around to check if this is some kind of prank!

"Smell the flowers? What if they are poisonous, or full of bugs! Or turn your muzzle bright red!"

There was a soft giggle at his words, and she leaned in to whisper back to him in response, a mischievous note to her words.

"If they are full of bugs you snort them out so they're not in your nose, if they turn your muzzle colors, you find water and drink it, or just dip your face in till it's clean...and if it's poisonous well... either you get sick for awhile, or you die. But, usually that last one doesn't happen so much."

She giggled again, sniffing one of the flowers. "This one isn't poisonous, and there's no bugs in it. Might turn your face pretty colors, though it's already pretty colors."
word count: 1420