[PRP] Chew toy [Fisheye/Brother Shark]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 1,511.74 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=1272

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

Tiny teeth stung more than any stinging nettles or thorns Brother Shark had memory of foolishly strolling through. Worse than flea bites or ticks. Worse than sparks from a fire. It was maddening how much it hurt, and more maddening still how determined and relentlessly ruthless the shuppies of The Cres were when they had half a mind to go at something.

Shark had run into a pair of them tussling on the beach, and he and his daughter, Snap-Trap, had stepped in to break them up. Of course, that had really only worked to divert their attention, the aggression was still there, and before either knew what hit them they both had wild little pups with needle sharp teeth gnawing on their ankles and tails.

"This is -- Ah!" Shark jerked, drawing his long tail from the shuppie's jaws. "Ridiculous!" He finally howled, rounding on the little beasty to try to stare it down. It but his nose in defiance.

Snap-Trap laughed at that, before a vicious bite to the ankle had her hissing out in pain. The damn things were getting the best of them.

Snap, in a show of complete familial betrayal, turned and ran back for the tribe. Hoping to avoid anymore teeth. Unfortunately for her, one of the shuppies raced off in pursuit. "Serves you right!" He called back to her, laughing between winces.

Of course, now he was on his own, and there was still a bitey little menace to deal with. With a groan, the big buck looked up and down the beach, hoping to spot another member of The Cres he could pawn the pup off on. He spotted a doe further down, and nudged the shuppy over with a foot before walking hurriedly down the beach towards them.

Surely they'd know how to handle the feisty thing.
appeal wrote:
word count: 311
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist
Pebbles: 1,515.34 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Appeal »

In the distance, the doe in question was none other than Fisheye herself. She was collecting seaweed that had washed up on the shore and storing it into a basket that was draped over the back of her flank. She liked to collect it before the tide washed it too far into shore and then dried there on the sand, especially in the winter where the sun wasn't as strong. On either side of her were two shuppies Surge and Swell. They were standing guard, and as Brother Shark approached, they began to circle protecting around Fisheye, yipping and barking in a weird mixture of sound unique to them.
Image Image
They were eagerly alerting her as they were trained to do. Fisheye looked up expectantly, spotted Brother Shark and Fisheye smiled softly as she said, "Good job," to the two shuppies as she tossed the two what appeared to be two bass heads before she finished tucking a long piece of seaweed into her basket. Surge and Swell momentarily fought over who got what fish head before settling down to eat their prize.

"Brother Shark," she said in a soft but firm tone. "What brings you out this way on this fine afternoon?"
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 205
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

Oh great, there were more of the little ankle biters, and this pair seemed instantly hostile towards him. Brother Shark stared down at them, almost challenging, but the doe, Fisheye, called them to heel and they left him be. Shark made a thoughtful little sound, shaking a back leg out of the remaining shuppy's mouth as he watched the other two squabble over fish heads.

"I was ambushed," he answered with a huff, turning so she could see the pup tangling itself in the long lengths of his dark hair. "Tried to break a pair of them up, and they rounded on my daughter and I instead."

He glanced back the way Sanp had taken off in, wondering if the pup had caught her, smiling to himself as he imagined her in a similar predicament.

"You're collecting seaweed?" He asked after the matriarch, eyeing her basket.
appeal wrote:
word count: 150
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

"Ambushed?" Fisheye looked at the shuppy nipping at Brother Shark's ankles and chuckled softly.

"It looks like the little one there has taken a shine to you, though."

While he found it to be annoying, she found it endearing. The shuppies were chaotic and unamenable but with some effort they could be trained, she knew, for Surge and Swell were both well behaved when given commands.

Her attention was bought back to the seaweed when he asked, and she nodded. "Yes, I'm collecting it before it dries out. It is quite good for storing fish and weaving before it gets too hard."
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 106
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

He seemed almost afrounted by the notion that he'd attracted the affectionate attention of one of the tribe's little miscreants. "I would be so lucky," he answered with a frowning look back at the shuppy that had effectively gotten itself stuck in his tail and was doing it's damnedest to free itself, bark and growling and whining.

Shark sighed, turning to dip his head down to grab the little creature carefully by the scruff to haul them free. He then dropped them unceremoniously on the wet sand, where they rolled back to their feet and proceeded to charge and pester the two behaving shuppies.

"Do we want help?" He asked as he straightened again. It wasn't an offer he'd usually make, but this was their tribe lead, and he found her quite appealing. Getting on her good side was beneficial to him.
appeal wrote:
word count: 149
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

Fisheye couldn't help but chuckle, a deep throated noise escaping her mouth as she held herself back from laughing entirely. It was endearing to see him interacting with the shuppy who seemed to drawn to him. Brother Shark's face was the best though, that mix of restraint and frustration blending curiously in front of her.

Swell and Surge's behaviour took a turn when the other shuppy approached, the two of them immediately going to chase the new friend as Fisheye looked at the beach full of seaweed. Her basket was quite empty in comparison to the amount laid across.

"I would certainly appreciate it, Brother Shark. Would you care to join me?"
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 117
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

Shark watched tensely as the teal shup barked at the other two. It didn't take much baiting for the both of them to charge, and the buck watched the three of them tear off down the beach. Well, that was fine. They could butter each other for a while, and he could spend some time with Fisheye.

"Sure, I can help." There was nothing pressing he needed to worry about today. He could stick around to help clear the beach, if she wanted him to.

With a thoughtful little hum he dipped his head to grab a length of seaweed in sharp teeth, pulling it up high so he could get it in the basket she was carrying. "What do you weave with this stuff?"
appeal wrote:
word count: 128
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

Fisheye watched briefly as the shuppies zoomed down the beach and then turned back to Brother Shark. She appreciated the help, especially when given from one's free time. She loved the dedication, the desire to help out the tribe. It was definitely winning points with her as he collected seaweed and dropped it into her basket.

"A lot of baskets, and some traps as well for the fisherkin." She said as she gathered a few pieces herself.

"The ones that are still fresh I'll store in baskets in the shore so they keep their moisture, and then we can use them to wrap fish for journeys into the swamp, or just for storing them."

Watching him, she smiled. "It's so thoughtful of you to help me in your free time, Brother Shark."
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 137
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

He seen some of the baskets, some of the traps, ace he couldn't help but wonder if she'd made all of them, or if there was a whole group of seaweed weaving kin in the tribe.

There probably was. Shark cared about his own duties, but rude duties also took him away from the coast often and for long stretches of time. He wasn't as in touch with daily comings and goings of the tribe as others might have been.

Her compliment got a roguish grin from the toothy buck. "Maybe I'm just trying to get on your good side," he suggested playfully.
appeal wrote:
word count: 109
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

Fisheye herself filled in many roles within the tribe but depending on what the seaweed was being used for, many groups of kin used it to prepare various sorts of things. The tribe was getting quite big though, she could possibly make a role for it. It might make things more smooth but that was a thought for another day.

She looked the buck up and down, a smile sliding across her face. There was a suggestive tone to her voice as she said, "Well, if that's your intention, I'd say it's working quite well. You're making a great impression."

She tucked some more seaweed into the basket, examining the effort it took her to drop it in. It was getting quite full now with Brother Shark's help.

"I am sure some of this seaweed you're helping me collect will aid you on your own journeys into the swamp."
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 157
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

His grin brightened at the way she looked at him and that little hint of a suggestive tone on her voice, sharp teeth sparkling in the light. "Am I?" The buck chuckled, taking the confirmation and using it as an opening to brush up against her shoulder after dropping another mouthful of seaweed into the basket she was carrying. "Good."

He eyed the baskets in turn, considering. "Those look like they're getting heavy." She seemed more than capable of carrying them, her posture still fairly relaxed, but still. "Not that you look like you need it, but I could help, if you'd like."
appeal wrote:
word count: 107
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

The corners of Fisheye's lips spread to a slight smirk as she felt the buck bush against her. "Mmm, quite good if I do say so myself."

She took the moment to consider things as he offered to carry the seaweed of her behalf. Certainly she could carry it, but the burden of the tribe should be shared by all as well. More importantly was what followed her thought, and it had a small smile lingering on her face.

"I would very much appreciate it if you could help me carry it back to my den," she said as she brushed lightly against him, believing him smooth enough to catch what she was lying down.
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 118
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

The bucks ever present grin brightened at the acceptance of his offer and the implication that lay within the request that came with it. He let oi
It a pleased little hum, watching the doe as she brushed up against him, then turned to follow. Certainly. It would be a pleasure."

Carefully he caught one of the heavy baskets she was carrying with sharp teeth so he could swing it around onto his own back, then fell easily into step beside her. "Lead the way?"
appeal wrote:that's a fin I think?
word count: 93