[PRP] Not So Little Fish {Little Fish x Treat You Better}

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Lirilei
Herald
Herald
Pebbles: 6,551.36 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

"It's more I push myself all day, and don't stop to eat soon enough so by the time I think to eat I'm too hungry to be patient." he gave a wry look as he admitted to it. He just got hyper focused on hunting for shells, and helping secure them onto kin who wanted one of his little treasures. It kept him surprisingly busy and he enjoyed every minute of it really.

He listened to Fish talk, and gave a thoughtful nod of his head. "No you have a good point there. I'll have to see if I can find something like this once I finally make my way back." finally. Not immediately. He was in no rush to head back after all. He'd barely been here, barely explored and home would still be there when he decided it was time to go back to it. Not that he'd left much beyond some shells there and he could always find more of those in the long run so really there was nothing pressing to send him back any time soon.

He finished his fish quickly enough, bones spat out before he was on his hooves and moving back onto the waves to let them clear him of the residual mess left behind before he shook himself with a grin. That was better. He'd catch more in a bit but he wasn't stomach growling hungry anymore at any rate. That was good enough for now.

Izaeah wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:19 pm
word count: 262
Izaeah
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 5,596.74 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=88

Post by Izaeah »

There was a small tip of his head as he paused, chewing through the bite he'd taken as he listened to the other. "I suppose I wouldn't really know how that feels. There's not much to my days other than chasing fish around, making sure the area is clean and just soaking in the warmth. At least, in this season."

No real reason for him to push himself to the point of forgetting to eat, and then hunger just taking over, in a way. He finished his fish, picking up what little remained by the tail to drop it back into the water. He knew that other fishes would feast on what he'd left, not that there was much, but still. No point in wasting. Dropping it all back into the water meant he could rinse up a little as well, though there again, with the leaf he'd used, there wasn't much needing to be rinsed off.

Fish shook the water off as he came back out of that very water and actually stretched just a little with a small yawn. "It almost sounds like you need someone to remind you to stop every now and again to focus on yourself and not on what you're doing." It was one way of looking at things, really.

"How far away is home?" Fish had never really felt the need to chit-chat with anyone else before, but this one had caught a fish fairly well and he found himself almost comfortable in his presence. It was a first and something he wasn't going to spend too much time thinking on, there was no real need for that, not really.

What mattered was that, just then, he felt fairly comfortable with the fact that what he considered his personal space (though it wasn't really his) was being invaded by a stranger. They had shared a meal, they had talked... and he didn't feel the need to just turn and leave.
Lirilei wrote:
word count: 340
Lirilei
Herald
Herald
Pebbles: 6,551.36 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

"Oh. That sounds nice. I keep myself busy. I hunt for and gather up various shells and stuff, and well I set up a small sort of thing where I attach them to kin's tails, or manes as decorations. It's hit and miss how busy I am, but I always make sure I have plenty on hand for the busy times." but all of that had been left behind when he'd gone exploring. He could always collect more he knew.

He got himself out of the water and shook himself off, hearing Fish's words and laughing. "You might be right about that pretty fishy, don't have anyone to do that though. Not unless you're offering to do it...?" well hey he could be for all he knew, but just as easily he could be teasing. At least he wasn't assuming anything in the end right? Right.

The question of home earned a narrowing of his eyes and a very thoughtful walk. "Uhm...well I ran into you when I did...and I left well...really early yesterday. I had to stop and sleep somewhere...and kept going at sunup. So it's a day or so that way." and he turned and tipped his head in what seemed like the right direction. "I think anyhow. I spent a lot of time swimming...then I'd get out of the water awhile and then back in. So maybe it's closer than I realize but swimming made it take longer?" He seemed thoughtful still. "But no I think it's almost a whole day and part of a next away from here. That's probably the other reason I was so hungry. I didn't each much on my way here."

Izaeah wrote:
word count: 299
Izaeah
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 5,596.74 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=88

Post by Izaeah »

"It sounds like an interesting way to keep busy, at least, maybe. I don't much like to be too near others for long periods of time, at least not when there's more than one at a time." In a way. He still wasn't fully sure he liked being near others one-on-one but, so far, this one wasn't bad company and he really didn't feel the need to walk away just yet.

Fish breathed a quiet little note of surprise at the question. Was he offering? He couldn't imagine offering that, could he? He didn't know this one, though he was interesting to be around so far. He didn't want to leave his beach, however. At least, not for long periods of time. He'd tried before. He needed the water in ways he couldn't fully explain, even to himself.

"I don't... know." He was offering an honest answer, at the very least. He didn't know. He needed more time and found himself baffled by the idea that he gave it thought at all. Did he want to give it more time? What a strange thought.

Tipping his head, Fish eased closer a little, just taking in the way the other moved, the way he talked. He looked in the general direction being pointed and wrinkled his nose a little. That seemed like such a long distance to cover. Was there water nearby everywhere? He pondered asking that very question but didn't. There didn't really seem to be that much of a need, he wasn't planning on leaving his beach, was he? Not really.

"That sounds like it's a long way away. I've never been very far from the beach."
Lirilei wrote:
word count: 299