Aria's Kin

Personal kin tracking diaries.
Aria Starstone
Pebbles: 25.32 Pebbles

Aria's Kin

Post by Aria Starstone »

This is so in need of progress, making posts for the MOMENT to track RP'd things and completed naming dreams, etc. Will maybe actually make this useful later >>;;;
word count: 29
<3
Aria Starstone

Re: Aria's Kin

Post by Aria Starstone »

Last edited by Aria Starstone on Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 27
<3
Aria Starstone

Re: Aria's Kin

Post by Aria Starstone »

Spoiler
[align=center]Image
Official Cert Link: Here
---------------------------------------------------
Personality:
Naming Dream:
A rock… all her world held was a rock, looming in front of her, silent, unmoving, solidly gray. She moved away, and it stayed there, in front of her. She tried to run, and somehow it was always there, in front of her. She kicked it, in anger… and a crack appeared. She stopped, sorrowing for the damage she had done, even if she was upset. She tried to fix it, but the crack grew wider. She wept, and tried to push it together. It fell apart. She stared, stunned, for all she could see was beauty, nacreous and shimmering. She no longer wept, realizing that all she had done was release the luster within.
History:
Pearls. Her world began and centered around pearls. Her mother lived for pearls, it seemed. She spent every day hunting for mussels and clams, oysters too… She wanted pearls. She’d chosen a spot near the salt water ocean, to live and stay, a little cave tucked into a hill. Luster never knew who her father was, how her mother had met him, or where he went. All she knew was her mother… and the pearls. By the time her mother had had her sac, she’d enough pearls to make a nest of. Pearls of all shapes, baroque, round, rice pearls, and more… And a nest she did make. She settled Luster’s sac into it, whispering to her unborn words about how she would be the loveliest doe ever, born to pearls, and to be a living pearl.
When Luster emerged from her sac, her mother kept her close to the nest of pearls, and began to gently press the pearls into Luster’s skin. Some pearls, it seemed, had somehow bridged the sac, because they were already embedded in the scales of Luster’s shoulders and back. When her eyes opened, and her mother saw that they looked like pearls, she was ecstatic, and pressed more into her daughter’s skin, especially in the places her horns would emerge from. Even as Luster grew, and began to protest, because it hurt, her mother continued, whispering to her that she was a living pearl, and she had to endure for her beauty.
Luster hated it. She wanted to meet others of her kind, she wanted to eat foods not found in the sea, and most especially not found in a shell. When she asked her mother to stop, when she asked her to move towards the others, she was either hushed, and told she didn’t understand, or admonished for being ungrateful for the wonder she was being made into. And those words hurt, as did the idea that to be beautiful, she had to let her mother shove things into her skin. After all, shouldn’t she be wonderful enough, beautiful enough? She knew beauty was hidden inside, and what one showed the world was superficial… Had not her dream before she woke taught her that?
Finally, Luster reached adulthood, covered in pearls, draped in loose ones… And she started to leave her mother’s hidden den to explore on her own, while her mother was out hunting more pearls. It had taken her this long, because her mother had always told her stories of the animals that she would not be able to fight off, small as she was. But now, as an adult, she was sure she could handle them. After all, her mother went out on her own all the time! She found things she’d never tried before, and stared in wonder at the animals she’d only ever glimpsed from the mouth of the cave. At first these trips were short, and she ran back quickly, scared of the wide world. As time passed, she grew more courageous and ventured further, for more time. She’d find things she wanted, and hide them nearby, in a small little spot she’d found. She couldn’t bring them back to the den, after all… Her mother would notice and be upset.
Then came the day her mother returned early, and she was still out. When she returned, her mother was furious. She yelled, and screamed at Luster, telling her she was ungrateful, that she didn’t deserve all the kindness and the pearls her mother had showered on her… And Luster broke. She wept, and ran from her mother, as her mother screamed after her into the dusky twilight. For the first time ever, Luster spent a night alone, outside of the cave. It was terrifying, and yet exhilarating… She saw stars, and the moon. She finally fell asleep, tucked under a tree. It was fitful, but when she woke, she decided not to return, not yet. She was still hurt, and felt her mother deserved a lesson. So she explored further, finding things she’d not yet seen, and trying new foods. After 3 days, she decided her mother must have learned her lesson, and turned to go back.
It took her a day and a half to make the return trip, since she was no longer exploring. When she got back to the cave, she was stunned. Her mother’s pearls were strewn all over it, as if they’d been knocked around, and her mother was nowhere to be seen. Luster looked around in confusion, then put the den back together, and got her own treasures… There was no point in hiding the fact that she went out and explored now, after all. She returned to the cave and waited. She waited hours, and there was no sign of her mother. When it grew dark, Luster grew scared, and tried to look for her mother nearby. There was no sign of her. Luster waited til dawn, unable to sleep with worry. At the first light, she went out and began to hunt.
After hours, she found her mother. She was alive, but barely. She’d attempted to hunt for Luster, but had, in her upset, fallen down a steep slope nearby, on the same day Luster was returning, and broke her neck. Luster begged her mother to be alright, to get better, but her mother whispered softly “My beautiful pearl-child, my Luster… I am sorry. I am sorry for not seeing you, but only the pearl I wanted to make you. I am sorry I was not able to see beyond my obsession. I love you, and know you have the strength to continue to live, after I pass. Go into the swamp, you will find our kin.” Luster spent the next 2 days at her mother’s side, unable to leave her like this. She brought her mother food, pearls, even water, but her mother refused them all, even the pearls. When she died, Luster crept back to the cave, and stayed there, unmoving, laying on the nest of pearls, feeling them shove into her belly.
After 3 days on the nest, she stood, and gathered all her things, and all of the pearls, making a carry net/bag out of leaves. She packed it all up, and turned resolutely towards the swamp, making her way inwards, with a final whisper of ‘I love you, Mother… I will miss you’.

Role Plays:
[/align]
word count: 1223
<3