[Bless] Blessed By Proxy [Cottonmouth/Once Forgotten]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 4,183.92 Pebbles

Forum

[Bless] Blessed By Proxy [Cottonmouth/Once Forgotten]

Post by Ruriska »

[imgleft]https://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/imag ... uncert.png[/imgleft]Cottonmouth was a bite first, ask questions later kinda girl. She was always quick to strike, if not physically, then at least verbally - and as such, she really didn’t have many friends. She’d tried following her father around for a while (having discovered his existence entirely by accident and much to his dismay) but he’d found her so disagreeable, he’d immediately found someone else to dump her with and then run off as fast as he could.

So for lack of anything better to do, she’d followed the buck Treachery had left her with. She’d figured he’d thought she wasn’t that smart and wouldn’t notice that he’d swapped places with another buck who was also bright and stripey, even if everything else about him was entirely different.

And in his defence, it had taken her about half a day to realise.

By then Treachery was long gone and Cottonmouth realised this new guy was not only way nicer but also available in a more carnal sense, seeing as he was a buck and she was a doe and they weren’t related and can she make it any more obvious? So she pursued that for a time and then also lost the new guy (what was his name again?) and then she’d started getting extra cranky and a little bit plump.

And THEN the stag found her.

“What do you want?” She hissed, even though she knew exactly what he wanted and what he was and she wasn’t having any of it.

“Ah,” he said, nodding, “I’m here to bless-”

“No.”

His words immediately cut off, he blinked owlishly at her through his bright rainbow tinted eyes, while his weird head bobbles bobbed around in confusion.

“Uh, I, no?”

“No. Don’t need it.”

“Oh.” He said. Then he ventured, “Not even a little one?”

“There are no little ones.”

“Uh...”

“Not a single one.”

“Not in me! Not today! Not ever!”

That was when Once Forgotten realised she wasn’t just refusing the blessing but also the fact that she was very obviously pregnant. His mouth pinched and his ears pressed back against his head.

“Hmm,” he hummed.

She narrowed her eyes at him.

“I will bite you. Don’t test me.”

“I... have no doubt that you would.”

They stared at each other for a time, her shoulders hunched protectively and looking very much like she would just bite him anyway simply for existing in the space around her. She found him extremely unpleasant. Though to be fair, she found anyone who said things to her she didn’t like unpleasant.

“Well,” Once Forgotten said finally, “I best be off then.”

“Yeah, you better!”

He sighed. His first failure. “Goodbye then. I wish you and them good luck.”

And then she did try to bite him but all of sudden he was a moth and floating away and she wasn’t about to take a bite out of a big floaty insect. Cottonmouth watched him go and then trundled away in the opposite direction. Her stomach cramped painfully. It was almost time to find somewhere to curl up and pretend this wasn’t happening until it did happen and then pretend it never had happened.

Her coping methods were top notch.

Not long later, Once Forgotten would come across a buck named Bright Future who accepted the blessing he was offered like a normal kin would, and though him the MotherFather had worked her mysterious ways once more.
word count: 603