✨Children of the Night ✨ TRIBE OPENING EVENT PG 2!

Groups of kin working on a similar goal.
Owlsomniac
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 1,209.12 Pebbles

Forum

Re: ✨Children of the Night ✨ TRIBE OPENING EVENT PG 2!

Post by Owlsomniac »

My tongue is filled with starlight…
Kin Name: Tripping Moonbeams Wild
Preference List: blue boy, purple boy, purple girl
Constellation Story:
As the night darkens, one of the younger bucks steps into the circle to tell a tale of his own. His expression is serious, but his eyes glitter with good humor as he looks out among his brethren.

"Good evening. Tonight I will tell you the tale of the sky fish, which plays among the clouds and stars." He clears his throat softly, and then begins his story.

"No one knows how the sky fish came to be, though some suspect it was drawn in by the bounty of the MotherFather's fleas - for what fish could resist, after all? Whatever the case, the fish was born, and into the skies it swam, jumping between clouds, gliding between the vast swathes of darkness in the night sky - as effortlessly as any fish might do in water.

Well, one day, a particularly savvy kin who was known by all to be the best Fisher around, saw the sky fish playing among the clouds. Its glittering, rainbow-colored, scales shone brightly enough that it seemed to even put the stars to shame at times. 'Surely' thought the Fisher to himself, 'if I were to catch such a magnificent fish, then no one in all the land could ever contest that I am the greatest Fisher of all.' And so, the Fisher set out, making traps of finely woven reeds and spider's silk. So great was the task, and so fine were his traps, that it took him the better part of a year. Yet, finally, when the work was complete, and the traps laid out, the Fisher waited."

The buck tilts his head, eyeing the crowd, and then drops his voice.

"Yet, the days went by, and still the sky fish swam among the clouds and stars, scales flashing bright, as if mocking the Fisher for his efforts. Still, the Fisher did not give up until, many days later, he was woken from his doze by a great crash. He jumped up and ran toward the sound, and there he found the sky fish - even larger in person than he ever could have imagined! It struggled, and thrashed in the net of the Fisher, who jumped up in joy. 'I've done it!' he shouted. All around who had heard the commotion soon also came running, and stood in amazement at the sight of the sky fish caught in the net.

'Well,' they said, 'surely there's no disputing who is the best fisher of all now!' and the Fisher laughed, triumphant.

However, as they stood around congratulating the Fisher, the sky fish began to gasp, its scales turning dull and grey, and the sky overhead began to thicken with angry looking clouds. Nervously, the gathered kin began to back away, and as the storm picked up in earnest, many fled for shelter. Now the sky fish did not look so great. It was clear that it was ill, and before the Fisher's eyes its beauty and greatness seemed to dwindle. Seeing this, the Fisher felt a great sorrow in his heart.

'Oh - what have I done?' he cried to himself, for the Fisher realized that though the sky fish was indeed the catch of a lifetime, he would be far sorrier to be the cause of such a magnificent creature's death than to see it wild and free once more. So, quickly he began to unravel the netting in which the sky fish was caught.

At first, even when freed, the great fish did not move, and the Fisher despaired that it might be too late. But, as the tears from the buck fell to the body of the great creature, it wiggled, then heaved, giving a mighty gasp before jumping up and into the sky. The storm abated, and in the clearing gloom, the sky fish's scales flashed a brilliant rainbow, before it disappeared once more."

The buck smiles, and then points up into the sky, tracing the stars out in the shape of a fish.

"There he is now, in the sky."

Kin Name: Fated to the Stars
Constellation Story:
A sleek young buck steps forward, his eyes bright, a small smile playing at the corners of his mouth. His voice, when he speaks, seems to be made for storytelling. Smooth and clear, his words carry to all gathered, though he does not speak loudly - forcing those in attendance to listen closely to his tale.

"Once, long ago, when the world was still nothing but darkness, there lived within the heart of the earth a living thing of bright light. However, none knew of this magnificent creature, for it slumbered deep within its cocoon, waiting until just the right moment to awaken. For many ages, such a time did not come to pass, and the creature slumbered on, dreaming of a time where it might share its light with someone else. Then, one day, something in the darkness stirred."

The buck pauses and looks around, before exclaiming with a stamp of his hoof, "Life! Something in the darkness moved, bounding across the sky, and bumped into the earth, jarring it - and woke the sleeping creature. Startled, it stretched suddenly, and the earth cracked open, great bouts of light shining through as it stretched, and stretched, until finally its wings burst through and flew up and out, into the dark. Great glittering scales fell from its wings with every flap, sparkling and streaking through the darkness as it realized, suddenly, that the universe was not so dark after all! Sometime during its long, long, sleep, the sky had been filled with stars, and there among them the MotherFather played."

He smiles, his eyes sparkling as he seems to draw energy from his own tale, the excitement building.

"The creature, a giant moth - indeed, the very first moth of all - flew and twirled in the sky, so great was its joy! More and more glittering scales fell from it's wings, streaking, as meteors, across the sky. Some landed in the great web, caught there as some of the brightest of the stars, but others fell to the earth and from them eventually came the moths as we know them today."

Here he pauses, and points up to the sky, "Sometimes, especially during this time of year, when the night is darkest and longest, you can still make out the shape of the giant moth, frolicking among the stars."

Kin Name: Moon Warden
Constellation Story:

"I'm here to tell the story of a young fox," says one of the youngest kin as they step into the light. "His constellation is a simple one, you can see it there --" they point it out to those listening. "But don't let that fool you. He's a wily one, the fox!"

"The fox is quick and smart, and perhaps one of the most cunning of creatures. If he can make do with tricks and cheats rather than an honest day's work, he will. Besides, it's far more fun to do it that way, or so he says. And so, when it comes time to bring the MotherFather a gift for blessings one evening, the fox decides it would much rather steal his offering among the best and present it himself. As the other creatures gather around, discussing what they've brought, the fox circles from the shadows and makes notes of the best prizes.

What the fox does not realize, however, is that the keen-eyed eagle is well aware of the fox's antics, and the eagle sees all from its high perch in the trees. So, he leaves a trap for the fox. He speaks with the other animals and tells them his plan, and the creatures agree to aid him. They decide they will leave several of their gifts seemingly unattended while, in secret, the eagle keeps watch.

But the fox is cunning, and though he cannot know for sure, he senses something is amiss - and leaves the pile of gifts alone. The eagle is surprised. Surely, he thought the fox would go for the bait, but no matter. He tries again. This time, he says, they must pretend as if someone has dropped their gift along the path - then the fox will surely take the prize as their own and will be caught. The others agree, and the badger pretends at dropping his carefully collected cache of sweet berries, giving a cry to ensure the fox hears him, and then waddles away into the brush.

This time, the fox comes near, but upon seeing the prize he sniffs, disdainful of such a paltry offering, and walks away.

Thwarted once more, the eagle watches as the fox slinks into the shadows once again.

'I shall have to do this myself,' thinks the eagle. It is well known that eagle's feathers are considered highly prized and well worth an offering, and so he contrives to pluck a few of his own and lays a trap with them, pretending at a broken wing, and red juice from the badger's berries as false blood.

Soon enough, the fox approaches, eyes gleaming with wicked cunning. 'Won't you help a fellow animal on the path to honor the MotherFather?' asks the eagle. The fox smiles, showing his sharp teeth.

'Of course, of course, my dear, feathered friend,' says the fox. 'How could I do anything less. Here, let me come close to you so that you may ride upon my back, and we can take your offering to the MotherFather together.'

The eagle hesitates, wondering if perhaps he has done wrong by the fox for thinking him so untrustworthy. 'This will be a test,' he thinks to himself. 'Perhaps the fox is not so bad after all.' So, the eagle agrees, and allows the fox to help him onto his back. However, once there, the eagle realizes he has been tricked, for the fox's fur is covered in sticky sap, which soon sticks to him, clumping his feathers together, and making it impossible for him to fly away. The fox laughs, pleased with himself.

'You are not the only one with keen eyes, Eagle. You should have stayed within your trees, rather than try to play a game of wits with a fox!' and with that, he gobbles up the eagle and takes his fine feathers as an offering to the MotherFather."

The kin looks around at the kin listening to the story and smiles, "And that is how the fox earned its place in the stars. It really was a fine offering of feathers, after all."

Spinning around one another…
Kin Name: Between the Dark and Eternity

A celestial chance…
Username: Owlsomniac
Preference: moon acha, purple acha, kimeti buck
Kin Name: Chase the Moon
Extra tickets: post above this one

You have attracted something through the dark…
Username: Owlsomniac
Roll: 90
Last edited by Owlsomniac on Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 1867
Lirilei
Herald
Herald
Pebbles: 6,105.00 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

I’ll embrace the arms of night
Kin Name: Where Stars Are Born
Position: Forager
Background: Where Stars Are Born loves the night sky, and watching the stars, but more she enjoys finding the things that only grow at night, and during certain cycles.

Kin Name: Guide
Position: Guard (runner)
Background: While not as fast as say a Kiokote, Guide is still a nimble buck and can get from one place to another with surprising speed, and he tends to blend in well with his surroundings thanks to his colors and markings.

Kin Name: Mushroom Spore
Position: herbalist
Background: She's well versed in mushrooms and specializes in their uses, both medicinal, and other.

A lone star, or twinkle in a star shower?
Kin Name: We Are Made of Stars
Naming Dream: In her dream instead of other kin in their fleshy shapes, she instead sees them as if they were made of stars themselves twinkling and glowing, ethereal and beautiful.

A celestial chance…
Username: Lirilei
Preference: dark acha, light acha, kimeti
Kin Name: chasing daylight (dark acha), frozen fog
Extra tickets: 3 (Guide, Stars, and Spore)

Username: Lirilei
Roll: 41
word count: 212
AMItotic
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 720.78 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=769

Post by AMItotic »

Kin Name: Stars Guide Us
Position: Skywatcher if possible
Background: Well he met up with Dark Moon Rising, and now they have kids...he's always been a little partial to the night, anyway, given his naming dream.

Username: AMItotic
Roll: 73

Kin Name: Of Dreams And Shadow
Naming Dream: There exists a world unending, lit by the sun, of shapes and forms and the truth as seen by the light of day. But with it exists a second world, one of dreams and shadow, upside down and ever-changing in the watch of the capricious moon. This is the true world, beautiful and messy and chaotic, not frozen in place by the one above. If you stay in the dark long enough, it will change you, too.

Kin Name: I Will Always Find You
Last edited by AMItotic on Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 162
elsendor
Pebbles: 593.60 Pebbles

Post by elsendor »

Kin Name: Moonlit Scion
Preference List: Black Buck, Black Doe, Seafoam Buck
Constellation Story: [spoiler=Crane's Blessing]Image[/spoiler]

Kin Name: Shadow Aurora
Constellation Story: [spoiler=The Silver Scorpion]Image[/spoiler]

Kin Name: Starlit Sea
Constellation Story: [spoiler=The Winged Serpent]Image[/spoiler]

Kin Name: Everywhere All At Once

Kin Name: Even in Darkness
Naming Dream:
no matter how long
no matter how far
i'll find you
even in darkness
i'll be your light

A celestial chance…
Username: elsendor
Preference: Purple Acha, Black Acha, Kimeti Buck
Kin Name: Moonlit Dance, Witchlight, Celestial Tides
Extra tickets: Burning Twilight

Username: elsendor
Roll: 5
Last edited by elsendor on Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 155
[align=center]cause getting made you want more
and hoping made it hurt more
oh there must be
something wrong with me
[/align]
elsendor
Pebbles: 593.60 Pebbles

Post by elsendor »

Kin Name: Burning Twilight
Position: Herbalist, and particularly willing to take on daylight duties.
Background: Not only was he born as the embers of the day guttered out into darkness, this buck's first sight was the breathtaking sight of another sunset, and the vision of a world too bright for his delicate eyes gradually fading into the cool relief of the night enchanted him, has held him fast ever since. With the dreaming of one world comes the waking of another, his world. Finding a tribe of other nightwalkers like him felt like coming home.
word count: 103
[align=center]cause getting made you want more
and hoping made it hurt more
oh there must be
something wrong with me
[/align]
Anhelisk
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 5,119.26 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=889

Post by Anhelisk »

Username: Anhelisk
Roll: 92
word count: 11
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 4,183.92 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

A celestial chance…
Username: Ruriska
Preference: Black acha, blue acha, kimeti
Kin Name: False Sky
Extra tickets: Tribe Join - Starglean

Kin Name: Cloak of Night
Preference List: Purple girl, purple boy, blue boy
Constellation Story:

[align=center]The Sitting Crane
Image[/align]

They’ve been watching the stars all night, waiting for the clouds to pass, only catching a brief glimpse here and there. Cloak of Night is patient, untiring in her pursuit, even if her neck has begun to ache.

“Maybe we should call it a night,” her partner says, shuffling uncomfortably and stretching their neck from left to right. “The clouds aren’t - ”

“There!” Cloak exclaims.

As if to prove her companion wrong, the clouds have begun to shift, revealing just the constellation Cloak of Night was looking for. “See?” She follows the stars with her eyes. “It’s the crane!”

An auspicious sign.

“Oh,” the other says as Cloak directs her from one star to the other. “It’s lovely.”

“It’s the MotherFather’s constellation. The sitting crane, wings folded at rest. They say that’s where she sits at night, watching over the Swamp. It can’t be seen from anywhere else. Not even the mountains.”

Her friend smiled, wonder in her eyes.

“Seeing it is a sign that everything will be alright and whatever choices you’ve made, she’s watching over you. It’s my favourite.  I always look for it.”

Cloak of Night sighed contently and didn’t mind when the clouds obscured it once more. “I guess that means I should hang out with that handsome new buck.”

Kin Name: Undying Star
Constellation Story:

[align=center]The Antlers
[/align]

It’s a cold night when he sets out, following a familiar well worn path to the hill where the last of the season’s snow has been trampled down into wet and muddy patches from a tribe’s worth of hooves.

She’s already waiting there for him, a coy smile on her face. His exhale upon seeing her, plumes around his face; white and misty.

“Well?” he asks.

He hasn’t looked yet, not properly but he knows it’s a clear sky tonight and the constellation they're hoping to see will be obvious, if it’s there.

“Come and look,” she answers.

With his heart fluttering nervously he comes to her side and stares upwards, his gaze weaving between the stars until he sees the shape of large antlers in the sky.

“Spring in here,” he sighs in relief. It’s been a hard winter but the antlers promise that the season has finally turned.

“Do you remember the story?” His companion asks.

“Of course! A stag with mighty antlers who once roamed the swamp, he took many mates and his bloodline filled the swamp. They say he protected the weak and aided all who asked. When he died, after a long life, surrounded by family, the MotherFather placed him in the sky, to watch over all those who came after.”

“Correct! And - do you remember why he only appears in spring?”

“Ah,” he can feel the blush, hot on his cheeks. “That’s the best time... for... for foals. When all the creatures of the swamp make new life in the abundance of spring. He blesses them from far above and keeps watch until summer arrives.”

She leans against him, still looking up at the sky, where the stars sparkle for them so nicely. “I think that sounds like a plan.”

Kin Name: Find Me In The Sky
Constellation Story:

[align=center]The Frog
[/align]

“Look,” he says, tipping his head up. The foals gathered around him also peer upwards, following his lead.

“See that big star on the left there, follow it down to the bottom left and around, there’s a star in the middle. That’s the eye. The big star leads off to one arm and then over there it becomes the leg. What do we think it looks like?”

“A bug!” “A fish!” “A rabbit!”

The children throw different answers at him in a chaotic jumble of noise.

“Almost, almost,” he laughs. “It’s a frog!”

“OH!” they collectively gasp.

“Do you want to know why it’s there?”

“YEAH.”

“Well, once long ago when the swamp was new and there were barely any stars in the sky, the MotherFather made frogs.

One of the very first frogs was bigger than the others and very very naughty. He could jump very high and had very strong legs and he used to jump around the swamp challenging everyone to a jumping challenge, but nobody could ever beat him.

‘I am the greatest in all the swamp,’ he declared. ‘Nobody can jump as high as me!’

The MotherFather heard him and she too took the form of a frog, though much smaller, like a little pebble. In this form, she approached him, looking up, her eyes aglow.

‘You think you can jump higher than me?’ She asked.

‘Of course, I am much bigger and better,’ he said and he jumped up very very high. When he landed, it made a huge splash.

The MotherFather smiled and jumped up into the air, higher than he!

‘What?!’ he shouted, and then jumped again. Even higher! But this time when he landed, he made a huge hole in the ground.

'Ha!' He croaked. 'Beat that!'

The MotherFather jumped again, light as a feather, so high into the sky you couldn’t even see her and much higher than him again!

Angry, the big frog stomped his webbed feet and prepared himself to make the BIGGEST jump anyone had ever seen. He took a deep breath and he JUMPED, up he went, up and up and up. In fact, he jumped so high he got stuck in the night sky!

The MotherFather jumped gracefully after him, without an effort at all, and returned to her true form. ‘I think this will be a good lesson for you, to stay up here and learn to never judge someone by how they look. There is always someone who jumps higher than you.’

And he’s been up there ever since!

So whenever you see, remember to be humble and kind to others and never judge what you see until you know them!”

Last edited by Ruriska on Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 1085
Dizzy_Kat
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 399.04 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=1547

Post by Dizzy_Kat »

Username: Dizzy_Kat
Roll: 66

A celestial chance…
Username: Dizzy_Kat
Preference: Black Acha, Purple Acha, Kimeti
Kin Name: Eyes on the Horizon
Extra tickets: Surrender to the Mystery & As Gentle as Stars

Kin Name: We Danced Together

Kin Name: Trailing Stardust
Naming Dream: Every step, every twirl and and leap kicked up a shower of sparks. Beautiful puffs of color and light that floated high overhead and decorated the sky above.
Last edited by Dizzy_Kat on Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 92
Izaeah
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 5,491.32 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=88

Post by Izaeah »

A celestial chance…
Username: Izaeah
Preference: Black Acha, Purple Acha
Kin Name: Hidden Moon, Missing Stars
Extra tickets: The Moon is a Lie, Keeper of Forgotten Stars, Once Upon a Star (right below)

Kin Name: The Moon is a Lie
Position: Guard
Background: This one is a wanderer, aimless. Wandering hours on end trying to find... something. Something to keep the mind occupied and the body busy. Seems that this was finally found.

Kin Name: Keeper of Forgotten Stars
Position: Skywatcher
Background: Keeper has always been one with the night; there are times when he honestly feels that reading the sky and its secretive answers are what led to his first breath.

Kin Name: Once Upon a Star
Position: Herbalist
Background: Once Upon a Star has always been interested in helping others in some ways, it just was difficult to find someone to learn from who didn't mind her odd hours. Now, well now she's found home.

Username: Izaeah
Roll: 42

Kin Name: Night Lights
Naming Dream: At times, everything just seems so dark and yet, it truly is only the cover of the cloud that presents all those shiny little lights to come through. Bright or not, these night lights can help one find their way.
Last edited by Izaeah on Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 246
Prolixity
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 3,514.82 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=102

Post by Prolixity »

Kin Name: Sea of Night
Preference List: Blue boy, purple boy, purple girl
Constellation Story:
He traces the connections between the stars with the tip of his nose, pointing it out. "It is a fish," he says. "But not an ordinary fish, not just any fish. It is a fish that hides behind the sun during the day and swims out when the darkness falls, swimming in the ocean between the stars. It crosses the sky every night from the place where the sun sets to the place where the sun rises, dancing between the stars like so many waterweeds."

Kin Name: Feather Snow
Preference List: purple boy, blue boy, purple girl
Constellation Story:
When the clouds clear off enough to see the stars again, he points it out. "It's a fruit," he says, "the last fruit of the season, perfectly ripe, still hanging on the bough, not yet fallen. It reminds us to take the moment when we find it, not to hesitate. Don't wait for the fruit to fall."

Kin Name: Distant Song
Preference List: purple girl, blue boy, purple boy
Constellation Story:
She uses a hoof to trace the shape of the constellation in the dirt and looks up at the others, her face solemn. "A very important constellation," she says. "It's .. a butt!" She breaks into helpless giggles that she can't hold back any longer. "See -- there's the haunches, there's the tail -- "

Having revealed her joke, she skitters out of kicking range of her brothers.

Kin Name: In This Moment

Kin Name: Out Past The Stars
Naming Dream:
Climb up from the ground,
step up on the air,
walk towards the sun,
up where the birds go.
Walk through the day,
up and up and up,
a long way, a long walk.
Night will steal in before you are done.
Walk up into the dark --
here you can unfurl wings of light,
take flight, climb into the sky,
take your path on and on and on,
out past the stars.

Username: Prolixity
Roll: 76
Last edited by Prolixity on Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 382
Kiwi Squirt Bottle
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist
Pebbles: 1,165.84 Pebbles

Post by Kiwi Squirt Bottle »

Username: kiwi squirt bottle
Roll: 15

Kin Name:Star-Sown Sky
Preference List: Black/Purple buck, doe, blue buck
Constellation Story: One of the few who completely spurned any hint of sun to focus instead on the night sky, his eyes were pale. "They move," he said, "but slowly. You won't notice if you compare one day to the next, but with patience, over time you can tell that the stars shift." He flicked his tail briefly before tracing a path in the sky with the horn on his nose. "This grouping here looks remarkably like our slug friends, slowly sliming along."

Kin Name:Dragonstar
Preference List: Doe, Black/Purple buck, blue buck
Constellation Story: The peace of the night was shattered with an ear piercing shriek as the purple doe leapt into the clearing, forelegs splayed. "A BIRD" she quipped with a laugh before backing up a bit to look at the impact her landing had.  There were four solid indentations on the ground where her hooves had landed, and a depression from where her tail fell as well. Checking the sky with a squint, she quickly added a few more spots to match the layout of the stars above, then quickly sketched some lines with a stick kept near this patch of dirt for just this reason. "See? Specifically an eagle, about to pounce on it's prey. Probably one of the motherfather's familars, or the first Totoma's, helping the swamp stay balanced. Hey are.... are there any snacks?" The mention of prey reminded her of food, and it'd been a while since she ate last. "But yeah, very clearly a bird."

Last edited by Kiwi Squirt Bottle on Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 297
lilacfishie
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 5,542.40 Pebbles
Avatar Art Credit: space crawfish

Post by lilacfishie »

Kin Name: Star Walking
Preference List: black doe, white buck, seafoam buck
Constellation Story: The story of The Two-Headed Snake is one encouraging teamwork and communication. During the very first Winter, the ancient two-headed snake was miserable. It needed longer days for basking in the warmth of the sun away from the cold months. The first head, determined to find the warmer months of Autumn, slithered off in one direction. The second, focused on moving forward to the warmer months of Spring, slithered off in the other. The two, bound together as one, made no progress in either direction. They were so focused on their own ideas and their own gain that they didn't communicate or come to a solution together for both their benefit. Before they realized the error of their ways, Winter had taken them. Now, they remain frozen in the sky, among the stars, as a warning an a lesson.

Constellation Story: The story of The Watchful Owl is one often told to young foals growing old enough to get into mischief. The constellation shines down on the Swamp during the Autumn months when the nights grow longer. The giant, ever-seeing owl in the sky has many allies in the Swamp that stir at sundown. As the owls of the Swamp go about their nights, they see all the little foals sneaking away from their parents to get into mischief. If the wandering foals aren't careful, the Watchful Owl, seeing through their smaller counterparts, might think they're a tasty morsel and reach down from the sky to pluck them away.

Constellation Story: The story of The Hidden Pit is usually a scary story saved for thrilling nights around snoozing fire salamanders. It is said that, in the thicker and darker parts of the swamp, there is a hidden pit of certain death. It is up against a hill and hiding in dense foliage, so it is nearly impossible to detect until it is too late. If you're not careful, you'll happen upon it and fall to your doom, never to be seen again. On nights where the moon is new and the sky is at its darkest, the spirits of those lost in the pit walk the Swamp again, seeking living kin to drain the life force from and come back from the dead.

Kin Name: The Moment When
Naming Dream:
The Moment When the sun has crept past the horizon,
The Moment When its rays fall away to follow it,
The Moment When the daytime creatures settle into sleep,
The Moment When all is low and quiet,
The Moment When the blanket of stars silently rests over everything,
The Moment When the night finally arrives.
Last edited by lilacfishie on Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 508
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 1,511.74 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=1272

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

Kin Name: Radiant Sky
Preference List: White buck, Black doe, Seafoam buck
Constellation Story: It's the story of the Sea bird, a determined, and adventurous spirit that flew to the ends of the earth in search of knowledge and understanding, and excitement. An envoy of stories from near and far. It's said when they stop to share their incredible tales kin come from miles and miles to listen.

Kin Name:Star Song
Constellation Story: Thekky serpent was a magical creature of legend that held agency over the clouds in the sky. A mercurial beast that could keep the skies clear for the sun to shine warmly on the world below, or split the cosmos with thunder and lightning at the turn of a whim. The bringer of storms and the master of the weather. Long ago kin would say prayers and make offerings to beseech the serpent's mercy and benevolence .

Kin Name: Cosmic Journey
Constellation Story: Thebutterlfies in the skies are glittering, radiant creatures made of gossamer light that shine and twinkle in the heavens above. They as the source of the stars, where they land light is born, and they're the creators and story tellers. Making pictures in the sky to entrance and educate the many beings that inhabit the world below.
word count: 251
Pandora Talie
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist
Pebbles: 1,437.66 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=129

Post by Pandora Talie »

Kin Name: Moonchaser
Position: Daylight Duties
Background: She is kind, energic and focused. Moonchaser found the tribe by accident while dashing though the area at full speed one night and stumbled upon a current member that was foraging. She has a odd sleeping schedule so she finds she is awake during the day at times so because of this she is good for any daylight duties.

Kin Name: Find Me in the Dark
Position: Hunter
Background: True to her name, Find Me in the Dark, prefers to be nocturnal. She is quite adapted to the night and is an excellent hunter that would love the opportunity to teach others her skills. Find Me, heard about the tribe by word of mouth during a kin gathering.

Kin Name: Starless Sea
Position: Forager
Background: A clever and carful doe, who use to night travel with three wolves she considered her guardians. She’s been a wander for quite some time but is ready to settle down into tribe life.

Kin Name: Pulls the Stars
Position: Herbalist
Background: He’s a lonely, timid buck that tries to be helpful when he can push pass his shyness. He often stumbles over words when talking with other kin. He believes his only friend is his moth companion, Moondrop. Pulls the Stars became part of the tribe when they practically set up on his home and he was to timid to speak up so he just accepted it and became part of the tribe.

Kin Name: Listen to the Moon
Position: Skywatchers
Background: She is dedicated to the night and everything it brings and takes away. 

Kin Name: Voice in Stardust
Background: She’s a young doe that joined the tribe with her mother, Listen to the Moon. She doesn’t stray far from her mother, yet. She is soft spoken and skittish. Eager to learn everything she can.

Kin Name: Once Star Touched
Background: He’s unkind, arrogant and cunning. He dedicates all his time to studying the night skies and their mysteries.

Kin Name: Moondown
Position: Guard
Background: Don’t let his blindness trick you. Moondown is a skilled fighter that uses his sharpened sense of hearing and smell to protect his charge(s). He usually accompanies a small group of foagers.
word count: 438
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist
Pebbles: 1,515.34 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Appeal »

Kin Name: Stars Above
Preference List: Left Buck, Middle Buck, Doe
Constellation Story: Fallen stars are like leaves from the great canopy in the sky, and if you look closely you can trace the leaves in the stars before they fall.

Kin Name: Through Starlit Canopies

A celestial chance…
Username: Appeal
Preference: Middle Acha, Right Acha, Kimeti Buck
Kin Name: Stars Part the Clouds
Extra tickets: Here!

Username: Appeal
Roll: 72
Last edited by Appeal on Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 88