The Crescent Bay — Watch Out For Shuppy Holes

Groups of kin working on a similar goal.
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist
Pebbles: 1,515.34 Pebbles

Forum

WE ARE OPEN!

Post by Appeal »

This tribe is now open for applicants!
Surge and Swell had some pups! It seems that once they're a bit older, they'll be looking for two tribe members to take care of them! Please look forward to my announcement regarding the chance to win one of these two shuppies soon!
Last edited by Appeal on Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 52
Mima
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 3,873.94 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=105

Forum

Re: The Crescent Bay — OPEN

Post by Mima »

I've Fallen into a Shuppy Hole!
Kin: Squirm
Role: Rescuer
Summary: A fat and wiggly little Acha, Squirm has the constitution to spend long hours dragging kin out of holes and the insulation to hop in the water and save other kin from drowning even in the chilliest of winters. His sensitive feelers can also help him locate things underwater that have been lost, or sense the direction of struggling kin if he can't see them with his eyes.

@Appeal
word count: 82
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

Mima wrote:@Mima
Kin: Squirm
Summary: A fat and wiggly little Acha, Squirm has the constitution to spend long hours dragging kin out of holes and the insulation to hop in the water and save other kin from drowning even in the chilliest of winters. His sensitive feelers can also help him locate things underwater that have been lost, or sense the direction of struggling kin if he can't see them with his eyes.

@Appeal
Welcome to the tribe! >w<
word count: 90
Scaramouche Fandango
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 2,553.12 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Scaramouche Fandango »

Kin: Real Big Fish
Role: Adventurer/Fisherkin
Summary: Real Big Fish has been meaning to spend more time by the ocean- she's mastered fishing in freshwater, and it's time to try her hooves at salt. She's drawn to any group that's got a culture centered around fishing and friendship, and knows her skills (fishing, and... the ability to turn into a large bird...) will be useful for a tribe getting established.

@Appeal
word count: 83
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

Scaramouche Fandango wrote:@Scaramouche Fandango
Kin: Real Big Fish
Role: Adventurer/Fisherkin
Summary: Real Big Fish has been meaning to spend more time by the ocean- she's mastered fishing in freshwater, and it's time to try her hooves at salt. She's drawn to any group that's got a culture centered around fishing and friendship, and knows her skills (fishing, and... the ability to turn into a large bird...) will be useful for a tribe getting established.

@Appeal
Split roles are perfectly fine so I put them down as both! Fisheye welcomes you, and wishes you luck in both the air and sea.
word count: 113
Anhelisk
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 5,119.26 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=889

Post by Anhelisk »

Kin: Cave Yell and Echo
Role: Adventurer/Guide/Trader?
Summary: Echo and Cave Yell's home is probably fairly near the shore-- they visit often to comb for treasures and gather precious salt for the preservation of food. They'd be traders and information brokers, as well as guides to and from the shores-- it can be easy to lose one's way in the swamp, and in a rocky, cave-filled part of the coast, it's easy to get stranded on a strange beach instead of a familiar one. They'd also be eager to trade goods from deeper in the swamp for pretty baubles-- they have a bit of a hoard they're always eager to add to.

@Appeal
Last edited by Anhelisk on Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 129
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

Anhelisk wrote:@Anhelisk
Kin: Cave Yell and Echo
Role: Adventurer/Guide/Trader?
Summary: Echo and Cave Yell's home is probably fairly near the shore-- they visit often to comb for treasures and gather precious salt for the preservation of food. They'd be traders and information brokers, as well as guides to and from the shores-- it can be easy to lose one's way in the swamp, and in a rocky, cave-filled part of the coast, it's easy to get stranded on a strange beach instead of a familiar one. They'd also be eager to trade goods from deeper in the swamp for pretty baubles-- they have a bit of a hoard they're always eager to add to.
@Appeal
Fisheye is happy to have them! I might write up something more in tune with guiding and trading but for now I've put them both into Adventurer. c:
word count: 161
tatterpixie
Pebbles: 310.00 Pebbles

Post by tatterpixie »

Kin: Silent Ghost
Role: Adventurer/Fisherkin! also maybe a trader?
Summary: Silent Ghost is a pretty adept fisher in freshwater, and would love to share his skills with the kin of the Cres. He would fish in the ocean and bay, of course, but he would also venture far afield to bring back fish caught elsewhere in the swamp -- sweet buttery freshwater fish as a treat for his tribemates! -- and deliver the delicacies of the ocean to kin further inland. A quiet and soft-spoken but friendly kimeti, Ghost would be a good liason between the kin of the Cres and the other tribes, having grown up in the heart of the swamp.

@Appeal
word count: 121
[align=center]Image[/align]
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

tatterpixie wrote:@tatterpixie
Kin: Silent Ghost
Role: Adventurer/Fisherkin! also maybe a trader?
Summary: Silent Ghost is a pretty adept fisher in freshwater, and would love to share his skills with the kin of the Cres. He would fish in the ocean and bay, of course, but he would also venture far afield to bring back fish caught elsewhere in the swamp -- sweet buttery freshwater fish as a treat for his tribemates! -- and deliver the delicacies of the ocean to kin further inland. A quiet and soft-spoken but friendly kimeti, Ghost would be a good liason between the kin of the Cres and the other tribes, having grown up in the heart of the swamp.

@Appeal
Fisheye looks forward to some freshwater snacks! Nom nom nom. Welcome to the bay! I'll keep a note about the trading position should I get to expanding on that since there seems to be some interest!
word count: 161
Blinded By Silence
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 4,919.98 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Blinded By Silence »

Kin: Lonely Echo
Role: Fisherkin
Summary: Lonely Echo is a very primal kin. She spent most of her life in an underground cave not knowing the outside world even existed! But once she was free, she wanted to experience it, all of it! She spent years wandering the swamp but could never wander far from the water. After stumbling upon The Crecent Bay and its tribe, she settled into the routine of it all with the help of the others. Her keen hunting abilites and strong tail help her be one of the best swimmers this ocean has ever seen.

Kin: Land Shark
Role: Rescuer... sorta.
Summary: Land Shark is one of Echo's many, many children, although none of them really know that for a fact. Abandoned at birth, as many kin are, Land Shark grew up having her twin looking after her. He was so lame, what with his rules and stuff, that she just up and left one day. Maybe it's coincidence or maybe it's something to do with genetics, but it seems that many of Echo's children end up on the shore one way or any other. As for her personality, Land Shark isn't the most, well, tolerable of kin. She's noisy, nosey, and loves nothing more than the attention of others. So its not surprising that this obnoxious doe likes to play hero!

Kin: Brackish
Role: Mender
Summary: Brackish is another is Echo's many children, abandoned to the swamp yet always returning to the sea. This quiet and odd buck has learned much from his time on the shore from the effectiveness of salt soaks and the many uses of fish oil. He is a healer of sorts and mostly keeps to himself. He has inherited his mother's curiosity however and is not above experimental treatments.

Kin: The Abyss Stares Back
Role: Scout
Summary: Abyss is Brackish's brother and shares his odd quietness. A more spiritual buck, Abyss is a big picture kind of kin and is always asking questions and seeking answers, although no one really seems to get what he's really talking about. He's a good buck, though, and is very good at observing quietly, and so his brother recommended him the Scout's position. It matters little to him what the job is called, as long as he has purpose.

Kin: Erode
Role: Adventurer
Summary: Erode and her sister are treasure hunters, secret keepers, and lore hunters. They are also fierce rivals and Erode is not afraid to do what it takes to beat her sister. She is competitive and cunning but no matter if she wins or loses, she will always complete her mission. She collects pretty shinies she finds under the waters.

Kin: Sun-Scorched
Summary: Sun-Scorched and her sister are treasure hunters, secret keepers, and lore hunters. They are also fierce rivals but Sun is honestly more in it for the adventure. If her fins didn't give away who her mother is, her curiosity definitely would. She is fearless and more than willing to go too far for some piece of treasure or information. Sun is a bit arrogant and thinks quite highly of herself. She has a collection of remnants, as she calls them, bits of the Old Ones left in stones.

Kin: Refuses All
Summary: One of Land Shark's children, he's not quite sure why he hasn't left yet. Something about the ocean calls him back every time. But he does leave and does try to get as far away from his mother as he can in the mean time. If the tribe finds use of what news he brings back, all the better. At least someone thinks he's useful.

Kin: Sting of Regret
Summary: No one is surprised that Trigger is Land Shark's kid. This scrawny kid is all bones and mouth but motherfather forbid you snap back at him! He will wail and scream and cry louder than anyone likes. He's proven to be mostly harmless however. At least he's good at swimming and fishing does seem to keep his mouth shut, for the most part.

Kin: A Touch of Pride
Role: Guardian
Summary: If you ask him, it's his job that is the most important and critical to the function of the tribe. Without him and his job, there would be no regulation, no order. Pride is very good at puffing himself up and walking around like a big shot, but it has yet to be proven whether or not he can actually back it up.

Kin: Deep Seeded Need
Summary: There is something deeply satisfying about providing for others. With every drop of sweat and blood, Ease pours herself into her work and revels in its results. But she does not boast nor gloat, only proudly watches from afar.

Kin: Messanger
Summary: Born in the snowy mountains, this Totoma was sent on a journey to deliver news to the swamp, unaware that he would never again be allowed to leave. He took this in stride, however, and has carried on his message baring duties even here. He is honour bound, driven and at times, a bit stubborn. His eagle Carrier is being trained to carry simple written messages.

@Appeal
word count: 973
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

Blinded By Silence wrote:@Blinded By Silence
Kin: Lonely Echo
Summary: Lonely Echo is a very primal kin. She spent most of her life in an underground cave not knowing the outside world even existed! But once she was free, she wanted to experience it, all of it! She spent years wandering the swamp but could never wander far from the water. After stumbling upon The Crecent Bay and its tribe, she settled into the routine of it all with the help of the others. Her keen hunting abilites and strong tail help her be one of the best swimmers this ocean has ever seen.

Kin: Land Shark
Role: Rescuer... sorta.
Summary: Land Shark is one of Echo's many, many children, although none of them really know that for a fact. Abandoned at birth, as many kin are, Land Shark grew up having her twin looking after her. He was so lame, what with his rules and stuff, that she just up and left one day. Maybe it's coincidence or maybe it's something to do with genetics, but it seems that many of Echo's children end up on the shore one way or any other. As for her personality, Land Shark isn't the most, well, tolerable of kin. She's noisy, nosey, and loves nothing more than the attention of others. So its not surprising that this obnoxious doe likes to play hero!

Kin: Brackish
Role: Mender
Summary: Brackish is another is Echo's many children, abandoned to the swamp yet always returning to the sea. This quiet and odd buck has learned much from his time on the shore from the effectiveness of salt soaks and the many uses of fish oil. He is a healer of sorts and mostly keeps to himself. He has inherited his mother's curiosity however and is not above experimental treatments.

Kin: The Abyss Stares Back
Summary: Abyss is Brackish's brother and shares his odd quietness. A more spiritual buck, Abyss is a big picture kind of kin and is always asking questions and seeking answers, although no one really seems to get what he's really talking about. He's a good buck, though, and is very good at observing quietly, and so his brother recommended him the Scout's position. It matters little to him what the job is called, as long as he has purpose.

Kin: Erode
Summary: Erode and her sister are treasure hunters, secret keepers, and lore hunters. They are also fierce rivals and Erode is not afraid to do what it takes to beat her sister. She is competitive and cunning but no matter if she wins or loses, she will always complete her mission. She collects pretty shinies she finds under the waters.

Kin: Sun-Scorched
Summary: Sun-Scorched and her sister are treasure hunters, secret keepers, and lore hunters. They are also fierce rivals but Sun is honestly more in it for the adventure. If her fins didn't give away who her mother is, her curiosity definitely would. She is fearless and more than willing to go too far for some piece of treasure or information. Sun is a bit arrogant and thinks quite highly of herself. She has a collection of remnants, as she calls them, bits of the Old Ones left in stones.

Kin: Refuses All
Summary: One of Land Shark's children, he's not quite sure why he hasn't left yet. Something about the ocean calls him back every time. But he does leave and does try to get as far away from his mother as he can in the mean time. If the tribe finds use of what news he brings back, all the better. At least someone thinks he's useful.

Kin: Sting of Regret
Summary: No one is surprised that Trigger is Land Shark's kid. This scrawny kid is all bones and mouth but motherfather forbid you snap back at him! He will wail and scream and cry louder than anyone likes. He's proven to be mostly harmless however. At least he's good at swimming and fishing does seem to keep his mouth shut, for the most part.

Kin: A Touch of Pride
Summary: If you ask him, it's his job that is the most important and critical to the function of the tribe. Without him and his job, there would be no regulation, no order. Pride is very good at puffing himself up and walking around like a big shot, but it has yet to be proven whether or not he can actually back it up.

Kin: Deep Seeded Need
Summary: There is something deeply satisfying about providing for others. With every drop of sweat and blood, Ease pours herself into her work and revels in its results. But she does not boast nor gloat, only proudly watches from afar.

Kin: Messanger
Summary: Born in the snowy mountains, this Totoma was sent on a journey to deliver news to the swamp, unaware that he would never again be allowed to leave. He took this in stride, however, and has carried on his message baring duties even here. He is honour bound, driven and at times, a bit stubborn. His eagle Carrier is being trained to carry simple written messages.

@Appeal
Got them all. I am so excited. T_T I am bursting with joy. I am so happy to see some Guardians!
word count: 1002
Dizzy_Kat
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 399.04 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=1547

Post by Dizzy_Kat »

Kin: Big Mouth
Summary: He may be a zikwa but this sucker's got EYES. And after a youth in the dark he's ready to spend every single day of the rest of his life on a sunny beach with a margarita meal of fresh caught fish at his side. It helps too that his sensitive and slightly mobile spines give him an advantage in feeling his way around the shuppie holes, helping him locate and free trapped kin without being caught himself.

@Appeal
Last edited by Dizzy_Kat on Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 94
Lirilei
Herald
Herald
Pebbles: 6,105.00 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

Kin: Shallow Waters
Summary: Shallow loves the water, though deep water and him have a poor relationship. He grew up near water, and has lived near it all of his life, now with his mate and many of their 'children'. The water calls to him and he feels at home near it. Just don't ask him to go in past a certain depth or someone will have to fish him out. He's good at gathering food from shallows, and on dry land, and uses the help of his many pets as well.

Kin: Foamy Water
Summary: Okay Foam on Shallows is disorganized... slightly flighty. Impatient. Not one for finesse and delicacy, he's still good at keeping an eye on others and keeping a place safe. Mostly.

Summary: As one who loves being in the water, as well as dry land being a rescuer where he can have the best of both worlds is ideal for him.
word count: 189
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

Dizzy_Kat wrote:@Dizzy_Kat
Kin: Big Mouth
Summary: He may be a zikwa but this sucker's got EYES. And after a youth in the dark he's ready to spend every single day of the rest of his life on a sunny beach with a margarita meal of fresh caught fish at his side. It helps too that his sensitive and slightly mobile spines give him an advantage in feeling his way around the shuppie holes, helping him locate and free trapped kin without being caught himself.

@Appeal
Fisheye thinks Big Mouth will fit right in!
word count: 107
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

Lirilei wrote:@Lirilei
Kin: Shallow Waters
Summary: Shallow loves the water, though deep water and him have a poor relationship. He grew up near water, and has lived near it all of his life, now with his mate and many of their 'children'. The water calls to him and he feels at home near it. Just don't ask him to go in past a certain depth or someone will have to fish him out. He's good at gathering food from shallows, and on dry land, and uses the help of his many pets as well.

Summary: Okay Foam on Shallows is disorganized... slightly flighty. Impatient. Not one for finesse and delicacy, he's still good at keeping an eye on others and keeping a place safe. Mostly.

Summary: As one who loves being in the water, as well as dry land being a rescuer where he can have the best of both worlds is ideal for him.
I've added them in! I love the trio of kios! Also, based off your summary, I'm assuming the scout was Foam of Shallows and Foamy Water is separate as a rescuer. They both link to Foamy Water so I had to do a little research based off the summary! Let me know if there was an error!
word count: 251