[LOG] First-time Father Jitters

All in character interactions and roleplays.
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 173.50 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=95

Forum

[LOG] First-time Father Jitters

Post by anemosagkelos »

Jynk wrote:Paint My Spirit Gold galloped along the edge of the swamp for what seemed like hours before finally finding a place that would provide entrance where he didn't fear entangling his antlers. He trotted along the well-worn path, glancing about somewhat nervously. He never traveled to the swamp often, but he was searching for something--or someone?--today. He'd heard the stories of Legendaries and that some might be inclined to bless offspring. Upon hearing the news that his mate She Who Scavenges was expecting, he hustled off to see if the stories were true. After all, this was the first clutch for both parents, so why not bring them into the world with all the advantages they could?
word count: 124
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Re: [LOG] First-time Father Jitters

Post by anemosagkelos »

Since yesterday eve she'd been filled with the knowing that she was needed. It'd been a long night of finding of the expectant couple. And then, well, she might have taken a nap while watching them.

The ghostly mare followed the zipping songbird that chased after the kiokote. He wasn't terribly hard to keep track of, the bright yellow of his pelt stood out against this area's more muted tones. She whistled out a tone in attempt to alert him to her presence but she was a bit too excited, a smidge harried to catch him, that she kept forgetting to use her voice. It didn't help that the air was filled with morning song.

It was only in exasperation that the mare's lips parted, "Hey! Wait please!" as the songbird's wings began to tire. Goodness, if he wasn't fast.
word count: 148
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

Jynk wrote:The buck stopped at the call and looked around. Nothing immediately stood out to him aside from a songbird flitting nearby. How... odd? Was it one of the types of birds that could speak as the kin did? He'd heard of them, but never seen one.

"Is someone there?" he called out, standing in a cautious way, ready to bolt at the first sign of trouble.
word count: 69
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

Oh thank--"Yes, behind you!" the mare called out, louder, as the songbird drooped a little more in exhaustion. Goodness it was hard to keep up. With a soft puff of air the songbird settled onto the mare's crown, fading out ever so slightly as the Legendary became solid. She probably should have run after him this way in the first place.

"Hello," Giveforward called out, voice lilting as the joy of it all pushed her into a trot. She grinned at the kiokote, a picture of kindness though her nerves danced with excitement. "I'm sorry I kept you waiting so long," she bowed her head, briefly, in apology, "but I'm here now."And then she waited, expectant.
word count: 121
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

Jynk wrote:Paint was a bit taken aback by the sudden shapeshifting. He'd never heard of any kin that could--wait, wasn't it a trait of the Legendaries? Still, he was cautious about the unknown kin, though her gentle tone did put him more at ease. He couldn't help but smile at her apology.

"No need to be sorry. I wasn't waiting at all," he replied. Actively searching wasn't waiting, right? "I'm glad you're here, though. I'm not, um... I'm not really sure how this works."
word count: 95
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

"Oh, it's not hard. You just have to tell me what it is you want. What do you want your children to be?" she queried, guiding him kindly.
word count: 29
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

Jynk wrote:Mulling over it quietly awhile, the buck knew this was not something to take lightly. What did he want for his offspring? What would She want? He pondered a moment longer. "I don't know, really. I want them to be happy and healthy and able to take care of themselves. Nothing special, I guess. They're my first, so, I'm not really sure what to expect." He gave the Legendary a shy smile and the kiokote equivalent of a shrug.
word count: 84
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

"Happy, healthy, self-sufficient," she murmured to herself as she thought. She hummed for a second, thinking, and then began to explain parenthood.

"It'll be difficult and wonderful. There were be times you think you made the biggest mistake because you don't know how to be a parent but then you'll have moments where you know its the best thing you ever did," she laughed softly. "Just love them and teach them, most of all believe in yourself and your mate and your children. And when you're shaken, the Motherfather is always there, too."

That aside, it was time to bless. First time children were always terrifying, sometimes no less than second or third, but no one ever knew what to expect with that first child. A cycle they never understood until they were first time parents. Life came in circles.

"Your children shall be happy and healthy as all blessed ones are. Individuals, they will be self-sufficient, but never conceited for they must be willing to listen and learn. They shall be resilient, no single mistake or conflict will break them. And they will always know they are cherished as they grow into their own selves to be whatever it is they wish to be."

Oh, that was nice. She grinned, widely, and hoped he thought the same.
word count: 224
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

Jynk wrote:Paint listened as the she spoke, taking the words to heart. Perhaps she was a parent, too. The idea that Legendaries could or did have offspring had never occurred to him before. She seemed knowledgeable, though, perhaps through her experience with blessings if not actual parenting. Oh, and the blessing was nice as well. His spirits lifted upon hearing it, knowing his children would do well in their lives. He bowed his head slightly when the Legendary was done speaking.

"Thank you so much," he said softly, "for both the blessing and the advice. It means a lot. I hope one day you will get to meet them and see how well they turn out."
word count: 117
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

"You're welcome!"

The mare's face went wistful, "I would love to meet them one day. If you or they ever need me, I'm Giveforward."

Now though she needed a nap. With a wide smile, the mare vanished and the songbird took off. She knew just the place for a bit of slumber.
word count: 55
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

Jynk wrote:"Giveforward," he repeated, committing it to memory. "I'm Paint My Spirit Gold. Thank you again for everything. I need to get back to my mate now." He gave another inclination of the head. "Thank you again for everything." And with that, he trotted off, making his way back to She Who Scavenges.
word count: 55