[BLESS] Awkward First Times (Breach x Jackal Laugh)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 173.50 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=95

Forum

[BLESS] Awkward First Times (Breach x Jackal Laugh)

Post by anemosagkelos »

[imgright]https://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/imag ... uncert.png[/imgright] It was still new. New and strange. There was an element of instinct and an element that she had yet to learn when it came to this new body, this new form, that she had grown into. It left her feeling like a newborn learning to walk for the first time.

She'd finally decided the best thing to do would be to ask her mother-aunt. It left her trouncing into the swamp with a vague sense of direction. She had a feeling that she couldn't quite place. It sounded like the far off songs that she heard down in the ocean water's. It thrummed through her bones and the sense of want amplified the closer she came. She thought it would led her to Giveforward but this was not the mare that had raised her. She sighed, a fragment of self bowing in defeat.

Well, she'd clearly been led here. She might as well find out why.
Last edited by anemosagkelos on Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 172
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster
Pebbles: 1,185.06 Pebbles

Forum

Re: [BLESS] Awkward First Times (Breach x ???)

Post by fluo »

Jackal Laugh was not  his usual cheery self. Everything that could go wrong did and now he was flummoxed and cast out by his mate. She was not warm or welcoming, though to be fair, she did task him with a journey of great importance. It wasn't for pickled root wrapped in spider webs or some far fetched, disgusting contraption like frog eggs and strawberries. No, what she asked for was entirely reasonable and simple enough- Go find a legendary. Except he had no clues as to even where they would populate or hang out.

And so when the pink and black kimeti walked past the bush he was looking behind, he was shocked. "Oh, hi" he said rather dumbly.
word count: 121
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Re: [BLESS] Awkward First Times (Breach x Jackal Laugh)

Post by anemosagkelos »

At least she wasn't the only one flummoxed.

"Hello," she returned, then paused. Was she supposed to ask him if he was need or was he supposed to tell her that he wanted something? She wondered how the others seemed so confident in this new form but there was no one to ask here. "Did you nee--I mean, were you looking for something?" She winced at her words. It sounded stupid even to her.
word count: 76
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by fluo »

Ah. Hrm. He looked down and shuffled his hooves to buy some time. He did need help, but how does one go about asking it without blurting it out and giving up the pretenses of being mature, worldly and knowing what the fuck to do. But she did ask didn't she? So he should answer.

"YES. I AM. HOW ARE YOU?"

Ugh, it was much harder to ask and pulling each word out worse than swallowing rocks. But he needed to. Perhaps this strange looking kimeti could help. She definitely did look swamp touched.
word count: 95
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

The mare reared back at the loud and punctuated response.

"I can leave?" she asked, unsure if she was wanted here. Maybe she had the wrong kin. Why had she never asked her mother how she knew or how she did this? She mentally kicked herself. She knew a Legendary; she should be better at this!
Last edited by anemosagkelos on Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 56
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by fluo »

No, this wouldn't do. But isn't this how kin interacted with one another? If he had his wits about him, he would know the answer. And that pleasantries were part of the bargaining and beseeching. And still, he could not bring himself to ask. But should the doe turn away, then he would be in trouble.

"NO." he modified his volume. "don't" but the latter came out in a whisper.  He shifted from side to side, his tail half mast.
word count: 83
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

She was definitely fucking this up. She sighed.

"I'm sorry, I don't really know what I'm doing," she admitted, sheepish. That was probably wrong, too, honestly. Did Legendaries admit mistakes? Did they make mistakes? She wondered if it would look worse if she turned tail and ran. She wasn't sure she could do any worse at this point.

She had to stay, now, didn't she? See this through, whatever it might actually end up being. Besides, embarrassing and painful and every other word that sounded like laughter at her failure.
Last edited by anemosagkelos on Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 95
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by fluo »

Neither do I. He grumbled to himself internally. He knew the words to say. He knew what he should do.  The swamp blessed him with divine intervention and placed a legendary right in front of him. How could he mess this up any more than he had?!? Jackal Laugh bit the inside of his cheeks. Sigh. He would have to do it. Like poison being drawn out, it was't pretty.

"HELP. HELP."

He shifted some more excited but his mind now catching up.

"I need help for my mate."
word count: 90
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

Eyes widened at the exclamations, what in the world? She forced herself to stay still instead of reacting like she had previously. She was starting to think him insane when actual words finally made it out of his mouth.

She breathed out slow, it appeared he was not insane but in need. So it was the right kin. Just neither seemed to have a clue what the proper way of this routine was. There really should be a mentor to lead newly chosen through this; someone to shadow and learn from.

"A blessing, you mean?"
Last edited by anemosagkelos on Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 95
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by fluo »

"YES. That's what they're called. I. yes." Somehow it was easier ordering take away food from the nearby frog log, but this was like pulling teeth. It was time for him to put on his pretense of knowing what to do.

"Yes, I need a blessing for my mate so that our young will be born healthy and alive."
word count: 61
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

Breach nodded, relieved, "Oh, I can do that!"

She took a breath, "Your children will be born and survive well into adulthood. They shall be strong and healthy with a sense of adventure."

She hoped that was ok.
word count: 38
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by fluo »

That was more than okay.

"Thanks, kimeti!" And he sauntered off never to be seen again.
word count: 16