[B] Hopeful Wanderings (Someday x Peep)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Lirilei
Herald
Herald
Pebbles: 6,551.36 Pebbles

Forum

[B] Hopeful Wanderings (Someday x Peep)

Post by Lirilei »

Image He had been wandering so long, trying to find somewhere to fit in, to be happy. After losing his parents, and his best friend he'd grown somber, and withdrawn.

He'd had a vision or a dream some time back of finding his place in life. A family to call his own, a happiness that had eluded him for years. He'd been searching for that since his staggering losses, and in Weep, he found a spark of hope, a bit of joy, that grew brighter as they learned she was pregnant.

Someday wasn't sure if this was the family he'd sensed in his dream, or not, but it mattered little to him, as it was still family. His family, and he wanted to do all he could to ensure them a happiness that had been missing for so long in his own life. So he'd set off, promising Weep he'd return as quickly as he could, that he wanted to be part of the lives of the young she carried, though he wasn't sure what he was looking for. Just that he was once again searching for something elusive.

(@Ruriska tag in whoever you're feeling. He's just a sad, lonely boy who's looking for a little bit of happiness lol)
Last edited by Lirilei on Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 220
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 4,115.00 Pebbles

Forum

Re: [B] Hopeful Wanderings (Someday x ?)

Post by Ruriska »

[imgleft]https://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/imag ... ncert4.png[/imgleft]

Sometime during his travels a foxbun appeared, with glowing eyes and little red nose, she hopped at his heels. Carefully she kept pace, sometimes hopping just a little ahead, only to stop and look back at him, curious and friendly.

Peep had been drawn to the buck for one reason but it was the sorrow she felt flowing off him that gripped her heart and made her wonder.

@Lirilei
word count: 79
Lirilei
Herald
Herald

Forum

Re: [B] Hopeful Wanderings (Someday x Peep)

Post by Lirilei »

Someday had been aware of the little foxbun hopping along behind him for only a short time, mostly once it got in front of him, and peered back at him.

It brought a shadow of a smile to his face watching its antics, and he decided to take a short break in his wanderings and found a shady area to settle and rest a little, and watch the foxbun a moment. It was a a small bright spot on his persistently somber mood.

"Ahh little foxbun. To be as happy as you..." he sighed softly. "Who knows. Maybe, once Weep gives birth, I'll find that happiness."

He was quiet for a bit, staring off without really seeing, almost talking to himself. "I just hope, what happened to me, doesn't happen to my children. That they aren't left alone, and hated for hardships not their doing. I just want to see them happy, and loved."

It might not have been a long rest, but he heard water near by, and thought a drink before he continued on his way was a fine idea.

@Ruriska
word count: 186
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

As the buck settled down, Peep hopped closer, her nose wrinkling curiously. Her ears were perking, listening intently as he spoke with such a soft and sad sigh. He had obviously been touched by a great sorrow and now sought happiness, as many of the swamp dwellers did.

She continued to follow him, ever at his side, pondering thoughtfully as to what she could give him to help ease his burden. Then at the water's edge, she dipped her nose to drink and transformed into an Acha, with drops of water still on her nose.

“Good day to you,” she said softly to the buck, hoping he would not be too startled. She smiled, warm and motherly. “I’ve been sent to help. Do you mind if we talk a moment?”

@Lirilei
word count: 133
Lirilei
Herald
Herald

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

He was definitely startled when the impish little foxbun suddenly transformed into the diminutive acha before him, and he coughed a little on his mouthful of water.

After catching his breath he turned back to Peep, and gave a nod of his head. "Not at all and sorry for my reaction. I've never seen something like that before."

Someday tipped his head back to the cool shade where he'd been before. "Lets go back over there where it's cooler?" well it seemed to make sense, though she might have preferred to stay by the water, either was fine by him.

@Ruriska
word count: 104
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

Peep looked a little bit sheepish as she said, “I do apologise. It’s a little bit hard to make it look natural.” She nodded towards the shade. “Yes, let’s.” It had been nice there and would be a good place for a heart to heart.

“My name is Peep,” she said, as she led the way back to the shade and settled herself down comfortably.

@Lirilei
word count: 68
Lirilei
Herald
Herald

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

His laugh was rough, an rarely used thing from him at her words and he shook his head with a slight smile.

"It's alright, really. It was interesting to see Peep."

Someday settled so he was more in the sun, letting the acha have the best of the shade, but making sure he had his head out of the sun so he could at least see her clearly. "I'm Someday."

@Ruriska
word count: 73
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

"Someday," she repeated softly. It was a wistful name.

"You are seeking happiness." Peep gave him a gentle smile. "And you are worried for your newborn children. I am here to bless them for you. So you can worry a little bit less."

@Lirilei
word count: 44
Lirilei
Herald
Herald

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

"Seeking, hoping I might have found it, if only for a time with the pretty doe Weep, I left to find you." maybe not her specifically but one like her. He wasn't good with words, really.

She was astute though, and he nodded slowly. "When I was young, I lost both of my parents and my best friend in one night due to famine. Her mother hated me for surviving when she didn't. When I had no parents, and she did. I hope my children never experience anything like that." it was a worry gnawing at his stomach till he felt ill. The whole experience had left a lasting impression on him that he was struggling to over come to this day, though who could really blame him for worrying about a similar fate befalling any children he had after all that?

@Ruriska

word count: 145
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

Peep looked upon the buck with her face lined with sadness for the troubles he had faced throughout his life. The swamp could be an unfair place. She’d lived many years now and seen many other lives come and go. Even if it was the cycle of things, it still hurt.

“You have suffered greatly and although I understand a mother lost to her grief, it was unfair of her to burden you so.” She shook her head sadly. “But know that your children will never have to face such a fate.

You will find happiness and hope with your children. And should disaster strike and you and their mother be taken away, I can assure you that I will find them. My tribe will take them in and care for them, ensuring their safety.

There will always be someone to stand with them.”

She made that promise from her heart. His unborn children she would protect with her life if necessary.

@Lirilei
word count: 164
Lirilei
Herald
Herald

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

Someday listened to her intently, and he felt something in him give way.

A burden he'd carried as long as he could remember was lightened, and his heart was soothed a little with the balm of her promise.

He couldn't help the tears that came to his eyes at her fervent promise, any more than he could help himself moving a little closer, and lightly laying his head across her neck, a soft "Thank you..." whispered as a tear rolled from his eye. It meant more than he could put into words her promise. One he felt without a doubt would be kept.

Of all he could have met while looking, he was glad it was Peep that found him today.

After a moment he lifted his head and gave her a smile, a truly warm one at that. Sure he still carried the ache from his childhood, but it felt better, lessened, especially with the worry for his own soon to be young no longer a needed thing. He wasn't sure why he felt he could trust her so much but there was just something down right motherly about her that put him at ease.

It was a feeling he'd been missing for years, had ached to feel again, though he couldn't have put it to words.

@Ruriska
word count: 224
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

"Oh sweet one," she sighed, as he shifted closer, to press against her, like a child needing comfort. And she did her best to offer him that motherly warmth, turning her head to touch him gently with her nose, breathing into his fur. "All will be well."

And although she could not predict the future, Peep would strive to make her promise so.

"You are loved," she said to him smiling. "And will always be loved. You need never feel alone again. And your children, I grant them my blessing, for them find happy and fulfilling lives, to be strong and healthy with open hearts."

(@Lirilei aw he's a sweet boy <3)
word count: 113