[B] Something Strange [Trust x The Killing Moon]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
purplerosesbeauty
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,681.52 Pebbles

[B] Something Strange [Trust x The Killing Moon]

Post by purplerosesbeauty »

[imgleft]http://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/image ... uncert.png[/imgleft]
Trust and her mate, Small, had been together for a fairly long time. Or at least it seemed that way to her. She had trouble remembering what she did before she met him, and now most of her time was spent playing with him. Now, she was sure that they would have a bigger family. Trust wanted to seek out one of the legendaries of the swamp, who were blessed with the Motherfather's magic and could in turn bless her. It was too much trouble to carry a gift, as she kept getting distracted and leaving behind whatever small tokens she thought to bring as she chased the next creature.

In the end, she had herself. Part of her wondered if she should have brought Small. But maybe Small would enjoy the surprise. She liked to tell him riddles and see him try to think of an answer while she laughed. Maybe she could offer a riddle. She followed the beetles and mice. Trust peeked under bushes and tree roots, and looked over cresting hills. She wasn't sure where the legendaries might be, especially when they could take any form! She liked games though, and thought of it as a kind of hide and seek. "I can find one!" she said, voice full of confidence.

@Ruriska (feel free to throw whoever you're vibing with <3)
Last edited by purplerosesbeauty on Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 238
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 4,115.00 Pebbles

Forum

Re: [B] Something Strange [Trust x ???]

Post by Ruriska »

[imgleft]https://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/imag ... ncert3.png[/imgleft]

"What are you looking for?" Asked a smooth voice from behind the doe, standing where no kin had been standing before as if he had appeared out of thin air.

There The Killing Moon reclined lazily, shoulder against a tree trunk, fire-red hair cascading loosely across his shoulders, his expression curious. His glowing eyes were heavy lidded and stray leaves were caught in his hair, a stag freshly woken from his nap by Trust's exuberant searching.

@purplerosesbeauty 
me: ah yes i will reply to this blessing right now!
my mum: let's go on a three hour walk :]

word count: 110
purplerosesbeauty
Patron
Patron

Re: [B] Something Strange [Trust x The Killing Moon]

The doe perked up considerably when she saw the stag, her mouth opened wide in a smile as she turned around to look at him. There was one! She was very good at hide and seek after all. The stag before her looked very magical. "You!" she said brightly. "Or someone like you. I'm looking for magic," Trust said. She lowered her voice, conspiratorial. "Because I'm going to be a mother soon."

It felt exciting to say it out loud. She'd have to let Small know very soon. "My name is Trust."

@Ruriska
word count: 96
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

[imgleft]https://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/imag ... ncert6.png[/imgleft]  "Oh," he said with feigned surprise and a charming smile, "a mother! You have my congratulations, Trust!"

He pushed away from the tree and took one step forward. "So tell me... what sort of magic are you seeking?" He asked, a playful curl to his mouth. "Perhaps... something like," he said as he shifted straight into a wolf form, ears perked, tail up, "this." That last word echoed straight into her mind.

@purplerosesbeauty
word count: 83
purplerosesbeauty
Patron
Patron

Trust laughed. "How lovely!" She could only imagine how freeing it would be to turn into another animal. Trust adored seeing the magic in the swamp come to life before her eyes, it was always a treat to behold. She grinned wide. "That's incredible magic, truly." The wolf in front of her looked strong, and fierce. She could be fierce too, even without being a wolf, and she bet the stag could as well.

"I'm looking for something more selfish than a just display, I'm afraid." Never hurt to be honest where you can. Though really, was it selfish when it was to benefit your children? "Do you think you can help me?"

@Ruriska
word count: 117
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

It was always pleasing to receive a good response to transformation and this doe seemed especially delighted.

“Perhaps,” he said, having changed back, regarding her with a sly half-smile. He appreciated her candour and although she was clearly impressive by his abilities, she wasn’t simpering or tongue-tied.

“What do you need?”

@purplerosesbeauty
word count: 55
purplerosesbeauty
Patron
Patron

"Since I'm going to be a mother, I need to give something to my children," Trust closed her mouth thoughtfully and tilted her head. "I know there's magic, and I know kin who are blessed can give blessings in return. I want my children to be ready to be something more." Easy enough to imagine grand blessings, but sometimes simple boons were more versatile.

"I can give you a riddle in return!"

@Ruriska
word count: 75
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

Well, this was interesting.

Normally they came to him worried about how their children would grow up and whether they would be happy or not. This one wanted her offspring to achieve something greater. She wanted magic to make them special.

“I haven’t been offered a riddle before. If I find it pleasing enough, perhaps I could give them the blessing you desire.”

@purplerosesbeauty
word count: 65
purplerosesbeauty
Patron
Patron

Trust did so love a good riddle, and it was hard to part with one. But a trade was a trade, and a deal is a deal. She took a breath and recited one of her favorites to the legendary, "What falls but does not break? What breaks but never falls?"

@Ruriska
word count: 52
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

“What falls but does not break? What breaks but never falls?” The Killing Moon repeated. “That’s a good one.”

He watched her with his eyes half-closed, head tilted lazily but he was thinking, letting the riddle bounce around his mind. “A heart breaks but it also falls in love. So it’s not that. Water falls but does it break? It breaks against the shore.” He laughed. “Bones break but don’t fall... unless you remove them from the flesh and toss them yourself.”

The Killing Moon grinned, sharp and clever. “Ah, I see - is it night and day?”

@purplerosesbeauty
word count: 102
purplerosesbeauty
Patron
Patron

"Ah!" Trust said, beaming. A good riddle felt even better to solve. "So clever, you got the answer right so quickly." She was glad she didn't have to give him the answer as well, so she could keep that for another time, perhaps. "Was it pleasing to you?"

@Ruriska
word count: 50
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

"It was pleasing," he told her, amused.

"Very well then. You have earned a blessing. May your children be clever and quick with curious minds." Though they would probably get those from their mother anyway, it was always nice to give them a boost in the right direction. "That should do them well enough. Come find me with another riddle if you have another clutch."

Then he shifted into a wolf, dipped his head to her in polite farewell and walked away.

@purplerosesbeauty
word count: 83