───※ Death^Squared's Definitely-Not-Deadly Berry Range ※─── - FIN

Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 2,180.40 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=1272

Forum

───※ Death^Squared's Definitely-Not-Deadly Berry Range ※─── - Open!

Post by Beejoux »

Born smiled in return, ducking their head. "Perhaps." They had managed to get long well enough before they'd stumbled into the bog that Death Take Me had saved them from, but they weren't sure if survival translated into booth making skills. All the same, they appreciated the thought and the compliments. "I haven't attempted it yet, no, but I can say with confidence that the berries are very tasty." Evidenced by the subtle tinge of red on white lips.

Haven's tail started to wag when the kio glanced down at him, his ears perked forward, head tilting gently to one side. "Yes, he's very helpful, very protective. Death found him for me." A guard and a guide for when the big buck couldn't be with them. "You have companions as well?" They couldn't see the owls, but they'd heard them.
AstoriaFallen wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:55 pm
word count: 157
doomsayer
Pebbles: 2,155.54 Pebbles

Post by doomsayer »

Beejoux wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:07 am Congratulations! Please post in this thread with the prize you would like from the prize pool image linked in the post above!
doomsayer wrote:True Darkness Kimeti Doe please and thank you!
word count: 41
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 194.96 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=95

Forum

───※ Death^Squared's Definitely-Not-Deadly Berry Range ※─── - Week 2!

Post by anemosagkelos »

Username: anemosagkelos
# of Tickets: x2 pet
Prompt: The buck bounced, a movement that was more reminiscence of an acha than a kimeti, as his friend trudged along at consistently slow pace. His smile was wide, contagious, as he shouted out in joy, "whoo hoo hoo hoo!" every time he saw a new booth, a new group of kin, basically anything that came into his vision. It was all so fun and he couldn't decide what to do first.

"What should we do first?" he shouted to his side, head turning to find the spot empty. His mouth dropped open as his eyes widened and he bounced in a circle until he spotted Glumcloud down the way. "Ah, what a great choice!" he yelled as he rushed back to his friend and took in the booth, requiring kin to shoot berries at leaves. "I'll go first, show 'em how it's done!" he grinned as he bounced up to the game, tongue poking out between his lips as he tried to determine the best move.

Exuberance steadied himself, "Hey, hey! I betcha I can launch all five at once!" he chuckled as he loaded his shot and fired.

Eyes knit, he stuck his neck out to see the result, then bounced over to examine the leaves. "Pah," he exclaimed as he look at the three X leaves all splattered with blue-purple, "those were the practice shots," he decided, ignoring the fact that he hadn't taken any single shots at all. "But, hoo hoo hoo, look it these!" he yelled to Glumcloud, "I got two o' them critter ones!"

The buck bounced forward, shoving his face into his friend's, "What do them mean, eh?" he whispered since he hadn't bothered to read or listen to the rules.

"Ya got two tickets," Glumcloud explained, expression flat and voice gravelly as ever. "Even though ya did it wrong; if it were me, I'd have missed every one," which could have been a compliment.
Dice rolls
[6, 3, 5, 2, 6] = 22
5d6:  [
] = 22
Last edited by anemosagkelos on Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 336
HuniPi
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 3,482.56 Pebbles

Post by HuniPi »

Username: HuniPi
# of Tickets: 2 critter tickets
Prompt: Sun-Cursed came back for another series of tries. She thought she did fairly well before but it seemed that was just beginner's luck as most of the berries failed to hit any leaf. The sound of the berries splattering after their erratic flight was still enjoyable. It may even become addicting to her...
Dice rolls
[5, 6, 6, 5, 6] = 28
] = 28
word count: 63
doomsayer
Pebbles: 2,155.54 Pebbles

Post by doomsayer »

Username: doomsayer
# of Tickets: 2x 2 - critter - x2 tickets to the end pet raffle
Prompt: Smodering Ember is back, this time from a surreal experience that he can't quite remember. Much like the last time, his previous experience still has him a bit out of sorts that he isn't very confident in his precision. But he's confident and optimistic that he'll hit a least something this time around. He gingerly places some berries in the sling and pulls it back with focus and purpose.
Dice rolls
[6, 1, 6, 2, 2] = 17
] = 17
word count: 88
Nashawryn
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 1,048.08 Pebbles

Post by Nashawryn »

Username: Nashawryn
# of Tickets: 3x kin, 2x critter
Prompt: Hidden Beauty approached the booth with the two kin and nodded at them, even knowing one of them wouldn't see it. She picked the berries out specially for this, choosing ones that were a little on the bigger side in the hopes that they'd be a bit more accurate. She glared at the leaves that were the targets and shot her berries out. Beauty managed to hit three of the leaves that had hearts on them and two leaves that had a pet drawn on them. She hopped from hoof to hoof excitedly and proudly exclaimed to her humblebee, Bee Mine, "Look! I did it!"
Dice rolls
[1, 4, 5, 5, 1] = 16
] = 16
word count: 116
elvy
Certist
Certist
Pebbles: 2,365.10 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=50

Post by elvy »

Username: elvy
# of Tickets: 3 weekly kin raffle 4, 1, RP) = 3
Prompt:
Bring Me the Horizon was feeling pretty good about her odds again. Once she had heard she was able to take another shot at this game, she came back her first before all others. She'd hit more targets then missed last time and knew she could do at least that good again right?
So she dropped the berry into the contraption and .... miss. Ok, she was just rusty right? Load, launch, miss again.
Bring stepped back, shook her mane, stepped forward and again ... hit! A heart, ok yeah she could surely hit it twice more and do just as well as before right? So again she dropped a berry and again got a hit. Feeling a bit too cocky for her own good she launched the last one and missed. She sighed. At least she was 50/50 so that wasn't too bad.
Dice rolls
[3, 6, 4, 1, 3] = 17
] = 17
word count: 158
Astoria
Pebbles: 1,975.86 Pebbles

Post by Astoria »

Beejoux wrote:
Meadow Lark couldn't help the little "awwww" that escaped her mouth. "That's so nice, Death sounds like a great partner." She smiled and then both owls hooted in unison at the mention of them from Born. "Yes, I have two owls, Darling and Dearest. Darling chose me during a Winter Market a few years back and Dearest joined us not long after." She said with a warm smile and the two owls fluffed up their feathers and began to preen each other.
word count: 86
Lirilei
Herald
Herald
Pebbles: 7,220.68 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

Username: Lirilei
# of Tickets: Week 2: 3 end pet | 1 weekly kin (Week 1: 3 end pet | 1 weekly kin)
Prompt:

Squinting at the targets, Berries stepped up and grinned as she hit the leaf with the animal drawn on it. Her second attempt was a miss, but she wasn't ruffled and merely waited for the basket to be reloaded. With a steady aim she launched again, and smacked the leaf with a heart! She took her next shot, pleased when she re-hit the leaf with the animal. That was 2/4...and her final shot? Well that just brought her up to 3/5, and she was happy she did so well on her launches!

2 - critter - x1 ticket to the end pet raffle.
6 - X - Better luck next time! No ticket.
4. heart - x1 ticket to the kin raffle held every week.
5 - critter - x1 ticket to the end pet raffle.
5 - critter - x1 ticket to the end pet raffle.

Dice rolls
[2, 6, 4, 5, 5] = 22
] = 22
word count: 164
rexcorvus
Certist
Certist
Pebbles: 436.54 Pebbles

Forum

───※ Week 1 Prize ※───

Post by rexcorvus »

doomsayer wrote:Image

* This kin is part of a breeding that will be certed when all of the kin have been won! Please DM Beejoux on Discord with a name for them (no theme)!
word count: 33
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

Their ears perked at the word partner, pale cheeks flushing gently under the fall of colorful hair and flowers. "Y-yes. Very much so." They weren't sure if the other kin meant partner in booth running or something deeper than that, but the label still warmed them down to their hooves.

"Those are lovely names," they offered of the owls, one ear flicked in the direction they'd heard the hooting. "I've a fox in running around here as well, but she's a shy one. Likely she's hiding with so many new kin milling around." Life was a skittish thing, but Born was sure she was close, she never wandered too far.

"Oh." They shifted on their hooves, only just now realizing they'd been rude to not introduce themselves sooner. "I'm Born of Death, by the way."
AstoriaFallen wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:42 pm
word count: 152
Astoria
Pebbles: 1,975.86 Pebbles

Post by Astoria »

Beejoux wrote:can the same kin participate again a different week in the game?
ImageImageImage

"Nothing wrong with wanting to hide. I find it a bit perplexing being around so many different faces, Darling and Dearest help make it a bit more comforting though." She smiled fondly towards the two owls as they continued to preen each other lovingly.

Meadow Lark, too, had forgotten to introduce herself when she had first started talking to Born of Death, she just knew that the kin and their boothmate were the one's who had created the wonderful event. "It's lovely to meet you Born of Death, I too have forgotten myself in the excitement. My name is Meadow Lark." It struck her has funny that they had introduced everyone else in their life before introducing themselves to one another.
word count: 137
Prolixity
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 4,405.52 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=102

Post by Prolixity »

Love-in-Idleness wandered into the booth mostly by accident. She stood admiring the art on the rock wall for a few moments. Then she noticed the little woven baskets of berries. Oh! Those looked delicious. She bent to nibble at a few, her tail flicking happily.
word count: 47
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 4,148.66 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

Username: Ruriska
# of Tickets: Week 2 - Kin: 2 / Critter: 2 / RP: 1

Prompt:

Illuminating was starting off small.

She had arrived at the winter market with some trepidation. Lately things had been a bit tumultuous in the swamp and she hadn’t been quite sure how to feel. She’d had some part in bringing about the current state, had unwittingly followed Steals Fire and helped unleash... she didn’t have a name for it. But she had been wallowing in regret since then, wondering if there was anything else she could have done.

It didn’t seem right to celebrate and play games. But as the days passed by, she realized she also didn’t want to torture herself by spinning scenarios endless in her mind. It didn’t help. She needed a distraction.

So she arrived at the winter market.

It had taken a whole year to recover from the last one but she had hope.

So she found the most innocuous cheeriest booth she could find, one where you simply had to throw berries at a target, and decided to have some fun. Her eyesight was... not great. But Illuminating stepped up the plate anyway.

Prolixity wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:38 pm Love-in-Idleness wandered into the booth mostly by accident. She stood admiring the art on the rock wall for a few moments. Then she noticed the little woven baskets of berries. Oh! Those looked delicious. She bent to nibble at a few, her tail flicking happily.

And immediately missed, of course.

It arced wide, nearly smacking a nearby Acha in the head.

“Oh I am so sorry!” Illuminating apologized. She squinted. “Oh, I-I don’t think you’re supposed to eat those.”

But she had more shots to make so she scooped up another berry and sent it flying in the direction she thought it was meant to go, hoping to demonstrate how it was meant to work. This one hit! How exciting!

Now that she had the general trajectory down, the third shot also landed home. Splattering the leaves with red. “Take that!” She cried, as the fourth also hit. The fifth quickly followed, as she did a triumphantly little breath.

And for a moment she was just a happy Zikwa, nothing to think about but the fun of the winter market.
Dice rolls
[6, 4, 5, 1, 5] = 21
] = 21
word count: 392
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

"Mm, you're not wrong. I admit I can get a bit overwhelmed in a large crowd. Too many voices and sounds, it can be disorienting." But this wasn't too bad. The crowd wasn't large, and most kin seemed very focused on the game. "It is very nice to meet you."

They paused, head tilting and eat flicking back to listen intently. "Oh dear." Haven's head turned as well, and as Born shifted the hound was up on his feet, brushing long their ankles to lead them towards Love-in-idleness and illuminating. "Is everyone alright over here?" They'd heard an apology, was worried someone might have wandered into the line of fire. They knew it could hurt, they had a few colorful splats on their hide to prove it.

They weren't aiming to cut their conversation with Meadow short, but they didn't want to ignore a possible problem, either.
Ruriska wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:08 pm
Astoriafallen wrote:
prolixity wrote:
word count: 169