[ORP Navytide] The Night Market - OPEN

All RP threads that take place in the Limitless Forest should happen in this subforum, with the Realm name somewhere in their title.
Illusei
Pebbles: 420.14 Pebbles

Post by Illusei »

Misted Lake | Vivienne

She lived on her own (it's a secret where, but somewhere far away and misted), but she visited Navytide often for supplies and gossip. To her, Navytide was as familar to her as the woods that surrounded her home. The elders might, if they could see through her illusion, know her as Nimue but these days, she preferred Vivienne.

Navytide was also where she makes her living. She was known all over town for the quality of her enchantments and the elegance of her magical clothing - beautifully crafted rings that protected the wearer, stylish cloaks that hid the most distinctive features of some magical races, earrings that provided a little help from Lady Luck. She excelled in weaponry too (as well as more sinister enchantments, but those she sells discreetly to buyers with means).

She sets up a tent at the Night Market once a month; anything more and she would find it quite dull. Her tent in the Night Market, though small, looked deceivingly expansive. With a help of an illusion spell, she had transformed the tent into a quaint little store, her clothing hung on lovely carved wood and a display of enchanted jewelry in the center.

Behind the display, Vivienne sat, waiting for customers. She took the form of a tall, lithe woman with keen eyes that glowed slightly purple in the night, and though her customers would not know it, her dress was enchanted to make her even more inviting. A rather small enchantment, expertly woven as to be missed by most, but it encourages those around her to feel comfortable in her presence. Good for doing business and for loosening tongues. As much as she disliked telling others about her own, Vivienne liked knowing secrets and the happenings in the magical world, and there was nowhere better than Navytide for that.

"Come see what I have this month," she called to passerbys.
word count: 321
Starrydance
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 995.96 Pebbles

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

Post by Starrydance »

Spring Awakens / Isabella

Swishing into the little tent, tucking green hair behind a green ear, she ooh'd and aaah'd at magical! Clothing!

This Market was absolutely her favorite so far. Distracted instantly by the beautiful woman behind the counter, Isabella completely forgot to keep looking among the wares.

"Hello! hello! Im Isabella! Im looking for ... something amazing! And I thiiiink Ive found it!" she winked playfully at her, shaking back her hair, little bells within ringing joyfully.

Illusei
word count: 80
Starrydance
Colorist
Colorist

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

Post by Starrydance »

Spring Awakens / Isabella

Excited to visit this new exciting, wonderful, marvelous place, Isabella wandered the Night Market passing a letter writing booth - but that looked like it took way too long. Even if the inks that were almost glowing were very tempting.

Treats that sparkled, and glimmered. Drinks that werent hot but smoked! What was that fluffy cloud dessert that was pink, and then blue, and then green! But after her coffee, she was not interested in treats right now.

Distracted by a tree decorated by charms, she looked through arranged before her. Beautiful gems wound with wire, feathers that actually sparkled, ribbons of such colors, and everything anyone could dream of. Finding adorable little acorns that rang like tiny bells when rattled, she tucked one into her hair and admired her reflection.

Acorns were her favorite! Acorns are where all the magic of a tree lived, and where new life began - in tiny seeds. With care, and wonder - they would grow tall and shelter them all.

Spying piles of flowers and greenery and ribbons and oh! the colors! She picked through, effortlessly weaving colors and leaves into an intricate flower crown with a little butterfly fluttering over one ear. Spring flowers, only, of course - although hydrangea were always her favorite. They smelled bright and wonderful - and she breathed deeply.

"Perfect!" she wiggled excitedly as she placed it upon her crown, and bound onward. This was truly amazing!
word count: 238
Illusei

Post by Illusei »

Vivienne watched attentively as a beautiful being with flowing green locks walked into her tent. She could feel that the woman held great power; it felt healing and kind and infinite.

Isabella, as she introduced herself, needed no charm to feel comfortable. She winked at Vivienne, and Vivienne returned her wink with a coy smile.

"I was not expecting to see such a light on such a dark night," Vivienne said. "What brings you into town? I would surely remember if our paths had crossed before."

She paused, looking about her for something for her new customer. "As for what you seek, there is much to be found here. Tell me if there's anything you are looking for in particular."
Starrydance wrote:
word count: 123
Starrydance
Colorist
Colorist

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

Post by Starrydance »

Taking one last admiring look, Isabella turned to the lovely wares. "Hmmm.... what do you suggest? I am finding myself adoring these clothes. However...." her fingers reach out to linger over the earrings.

"What are these called? I like them very much!" She bats her eyes and twirls hair around a finger, waiting expectantly.

Illusei
word count: 55
Illusei

Post by Illusei »

"Ah, do you mean the earrings? A lovely choice," Vivienne responded with a smile. Vivienne was quite intrigued by the charming newcomer.

Looking about her, she found the pair she was looking for. "Perhaps this one?" Vivienne held up a pair of glass leaves and purple flowers dangling along a gold chain. "As you probably know, verbena flowers have healing and protection powers, so I enchanted these to provide a little protection to the wearer. They may come in handy and they would look quite beautiful on you."

"Although anything would on such a ethereal being such as yourself," She added with a wink of her own. "If you are ever interested in exploring Navytide, I would be happy to show you around."
Starrydance wrote:
word count: 125
Starrydance
Colorist
Colorist

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

Post by Starrydance »

"Earrings! Where do those go?" She smiled brightly and nodded, "Healing, like magic? Really? Amaaaaaazing!"

"Ooooooh I have SO many questions. How do you enchant things! How did you know how to do all this! How are you so amazing?" Bouncing in place, she took a deep breath and threw her hands wide, "I want to be amazing like you!"

Isabelle spun in place, acorn bells chiming merrily. "I would love a guide if you have the time! I have seen only a few places - the place with the Coffee, where I met two new friends, the place where we could weave flower crowns, and now here, this Night Market. Its all so ... so! Theres just so much!"

Illusei wrote:
word count: 120
Illusei

Post by Illusei »

Vivienne chuckled softly at Isabella's enthusiasm. "Here, let me put them on for you," she said as she gently placed them on Isabella's ears. "They usually require a piercing, but mine don't and never hurt either."

She turned her customer to a mirror, letting her hands linger on Isabella's shoulders. "Beautiful. How do you like them?"

Still staring at Isabella through the mirror, she continued, "As for how I enchant, well, that's a business secret." She winked. "But spell weaving is one of my specialties, so I put it to good use. It's hard to explain even if I wanted to, but it is a bit like sewing though I don't use a needle. And well thank you, though I can tell you're quite amazing yourself. What magic do you prefer?"

"There's quite a lot of stores on Cafe Street. Depending on your magical interests, we could visit together sometime. There are magical bookstores, potionery, plant store - really anything you can imagine. I shop there often for supplies."
Starrydance wrote:
word count: 179