[ORP Excerpt] Winter Market 2015 Kissing Booth [ Shroud ]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Jun
Certist
Certist
Pebbles: 6,324.98 Pebbles

Forum

[ORP Excerpt] Winter Market 2015 Kissing Booth [ Shroud ]

Post by Jun »

[ Original on Gaia here ]

[imgleft]http://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/image ... uncert.png[/imgleft]Username: Jun D
Dice Roll: 7 [You kiss... Frog. Uh-oh. That... that wasn't supposed to be for you. Gecko laughs nervously, and gives you a token. You stumble off drunk from this weird, toxic creature. (+1 token, and you're drunk!)]
Kin name: Shroud
Response: In retrospect, the frog kissing booth probably hadn't been the best idea, but there had been a sweet voice advertising the venture, and Shroud was always willing to give anything a try. He'd smiled genteelly and puckered up where he was pointed, and planted a game smacker on the proffered target.

Not that he could tell between one frog and another – not that he could see between one frog and another haha – but something seemed amiss as soon as he'd laid his lips on the slimy creature. For one, the pleasant-sounding doe manning the booth laughed. And it wasn't a happy sort of laugh, or even amused, as most laughs were. It sounded decidedly nervous, and Shroud figured that had something to do with the fact that the world was suddenly swimming (again).

"Oh dear," he murmured, then, "thank you kindly," as a token was pressed towards him.

"Oh, I am so sorry," he gasped, as he stumbled into what he surmised was probably the remaining frogs as a chorus of scandalised ribbits erupted, "I'm just...feeling rather odd – ooooh...could you just please kindly point me in an acceptable direction? Thank you very much!"
word count: 262
Jun
Certist
Certist

Forum

Re: [ORP Excerpt] Winter Market 2015 Kissing Booth [ Shroud ]

Post by Jun »

Username: Jun D
Dice Roll: 6 [You end up kissing... a toad? Gecko is upset. This is not a frog AT ALL. Nonetheless, you earn a token. (+1 token)]
Response: It was by sheer coincidence, long after the strange, intoxicating effects of the previously kissed frog had finally worn off (he had found himself in a bush, but it had been a relatively pleasant bush and rather soft, so he hadn't complained), that Shroud ended up right back at, well, the frog kissing booth again. It seemed he might have simply inadvertently retraced his drunken steps – or maybe he'd just been unconsciously beckoned back by the sweet voice of the doe who ran it. Either way.

"It was quite an experience the last time round," he laughed, nodding pleasantly, "I don't suppose I'll be going through that again – oh, where? In this direction? Thank you -"

Fortunately, the world did not again start swimming when he planted his puckered lips on the creature (somewhere) before him. Unfortunately, it didn't go quite right either. He couldn't tell one frog from the other, it was true, but he wasn't quite sure this was a frog at all. The skin was rather dry, for one...and...pebbly. Warty, even, you might say. It was distinctly a toad.

It seemed that the sweet-voice doe wasn't too happy, but he got a token anyway.
word count: 240
Jun
Certist
Certist

Forum

Re: [ORP Excerpt] Winter Market 2015 Kissing Booth [ Shroud ]

Post by Jun »

Username: Jun D
Dice Roll: 4 [You give that frog a great big smooch! Gecko is pleased, and gives you a token. (+1 token)]
Response: After having disgraced himself twice in a row at the frog kissing booth, Shroud's first instinct was to slink away from the place forever, never showing his face there again. So, of course, against all better judgment,  he returned as soon as he could.

"I must beg your pardon, dear miss," he started immediately at the sweet-voiced doe, ducking his head in deference, but looking very, very solemn indeed, "on each occasion I have come by, I have been rather the buffoon. I felt that I must explain myself – it was never my intention to mock your endeavour. I had no mind of which frog it was; I did not realise that was a toad. I would have gladly liked nothing better than to properly kiss a frog as you'd desire. It is a wonderful and noble enterprise you are conducting here and – pardon? Oh, yes. Yes, of course."

Third time's the charm.

END
word count: 186