The Keepers - come join us

Groups of kin working on a similar goal.
sheepcakes
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 1,810.16 Pebbles

Forum

The Keepers - come join us

Post by sheepcakes »

Moonflower had grown up hearing stories of Kiokote out on the plain. Their clans and traditions, everything her mother could remember. This fueled her love of history and tradition.

Now she's decided to gather as many stories, lore, traditions and anything else related to culture and history from all kin species as she can. And along the way maybe make some new traditions and stories.

As passionate as she is, Moonflower knows she'll need help to do this. So she's set out to find as many like-minded kin as possible.
word count: 94
sheepcakes
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Re: The Keepers - come join us

Post by sheepcakes »

The tribe is dedicated to collecting history, stories, lore, traditions and other cultural bits from Kimeti, Kiokote, Acha, Totoma, Zikwa as well as any that have melded together to make something new.

These are memorized by kin with good skills at not just remembering information, but who are good at speaking as well. As they teach each new generation all they have learned.

Kin are also encouraged to create new stories and traditions. Games to be played as well. Moonflower believes that culture isn't a stagnant thing, never changing. She feels it should be added to by each new generation, allowing growth and overlap to weave all kin together.

This belief is encouraged in other tribe memebers, but not required. As important as new is, it's also important to preserve the old. Creating a balance that allows kin cultures to flourish without losing anything.

There are three ranks in this tribe. Leader, currently Moonflower, who leads the tribe. Elders, kin who've seen many seasons or have been chosen by Matope. And everyone esle, most commonly called Members. There's not a lot of emphasis put on rank, however. Everyone is expected to treat others respectfully.

Jobs tend to carry more weight then rank. Teachers and recorders are generally seen in high esteem, as they are the ones who pass histories on and gather them from all over.

The tribe does not currently have a territory, but one day Moonflower hopes it will be large enough to warrant one. Though, her plan is for the tribe to be mainly nomadic. Groups or individuals going out to gather histories, with a few staying at the territory to teach younglings, maybe tend gardens. With everyone, or nearly everyone, gathering a few times a season to share what they've learned, and maybe trade off so those who stayed can wander if they wish.
word count: 313
sheepcakes
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by sheepcakes »

Rules

1. Follow Matope's rules.
2. Respect the other players. This includes but is not limited to; don't badger anyone for rp, don't put kin into mortal danger without consent, no god-moding, don't destroy what someone created.
3. Pretty sure rules 1 & 2 are broad enough to encompass anything that could happen.
word count: 57
sheepcakes
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by sheepcakes »

Ranks

Leader: The kin who leads the tribe and makes decisions. Co-Leader(s) may be appointed as needed. The leader and/or co-leader(s) may put decisions up to a vote. Either to the entire tribe, or in the case that the tribe splits up, to the portion they are with.

Elders: Kin who've seen many seasons or have been chosen by Matope. These kin are generally revered, sometimes even seen similar to shamans or prophets.
((OOC note: Legendary kin who join start as elders, other Kin must earn this rank through RP.))

Memebers: All kin in the tribe are memebers, but the term is most commonly used to describe kin who are not one of the above.

Jobs

Teacher: These kin pass their knowledge on to anyone who wants to learn, no matter their age.

Recorder: These kin gather stories, traditions and histories from all around the swamp.

Story Teller: These kin tell and create stories.

Scouts: These kin scout the area, making sure the camp will be safe.

Recruiters: These kin look for new memebers.

Hunters/Gatherers: These kin provide food for the tribe. They also gather plants the healers use.

Healers: These kin provide healing, physical, mental and emotional.

Nannies: These kin watch the young, foals too young to go with their parents or pick a kin to apprentice too.

Apprentices: Fillies and Colts who are almost grown, they've chosen a path and help an adult as they learn that path.
word count: 248
sheepcakes
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by sheepcakes »

Tribe Members

Moonflower: Leader, whatever needs to be done.
Passionate about history and culture, Moonflower is willing to travel to the ends of the swamp to learn all she can. Family is also highly important to her, she considers tribe and good friends to be family as well and is loyal to her family.
Acorn: Elder, teacher, recorder
Acorn was born a runt, and because of this she's learned to never give up, to achieve her goals no matter how hard she has to push. After being Chosen, she's mellowed out a bit, she still gives everything her best but is less likely to do herself harm for it.
Minstrel: Story teller, recorder
Overly dramatic, he often embellishes stories to get his desired response from the audience. Minstrel believes that if the listener doesn't feel the emotion of the characters he has failed the telling.
word count: 148
sheepcakes
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by sheepcakes »

News

June 4, 2019: Thread moved from Gaia.
word count: 8
sheepcakes
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by sheepcakes »

Tribe RolePlays

You don't need my ok to have an RP relevant to the tribe. If you RP with a kin in the tribe and it makes sense to include it, send me the link via PM and I'll add it.
If you'd like to start a tribe gathering RP I would appreciate it if you ask me first. I'm almost positive to say yes. Really I'd only say no if the intent was destructive to the tribe or a member(s) of the tribe.
word count: 90
sheepcakes
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by sheepcakes »

How To Join

Just post this form here in the thread. I'll go over applications as they come in. I'm pretty easy going, so it's likely I'll accept everyone. However, I do have the right to request a kin leave if reason for such is given (i.e. if your kin is an asshat please don't apply for them to join).

Code: Select all

Kin name: (please use the linked text code from mato.pe)
Journal link: 
Job: 
1 to 2 Sentence personality blurb: 

Prompt: A short story (like, a paragraph or two) about a something your kin learned on their way here. A bit of history, a game, a legend, a tradition/festival, anything that can be added to the tribe's collection. It should be told from an IC perspective.
word count: 136
sheepcakes
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by sheepcakes »

Tribe Library

These are things thought up by kin owners but have not (or not yet) been RPied out.
word count: 19
sheepcakes
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by sheepcakes »

And open for posting
word count: 4