[B] The Gift of a Surprise [Rain Bone & Guardian of Life]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
SkylerKarashi
Pebbles: 2,368.32 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=3234

Kin Count

Kin Species

Forum

Post by SkylerKarashi »

Rain Bone couldn't believe how his life was going. Expecting. And even more surprising, the kin he'd mated with. She frustrated him at times, sure. But in the more recent times, he couldn't picture his life without her. Rain put Tiger on strict rest, seeing her struggling to get around with her first offspring to be. That being said, Rain Bone was now taking on more work to care for her. Currently, his was out, letting his mind wander as he went berry picking, silently praying for two things. The first, that Tiger Sunset would be safe during the entirety of the terms. And the second, that they would be able to bring more than a couple babies into the swamp.
word count: 124
Rolling Kin <3 Image
Rolling Pets <3 Image
Lirilei
Herald
Herald
Pebbles: 5,674.16 Pebbles

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

Guardian had been wandering, enjoying summer in the swamp as she went. Good fish catching in one spot, a strong breeze in another, and all the berries her heart could desire. As she walked she came across a buck who had the same thoughts as she did. Collect some sun warmed berries and enjoy. Still she didn't move closer to find a patch for herself, but she paused a moment studying him thoughtfully, a small smile crossing her face. It seemed gathering berries would have to wait a little longer and that was okay. This was more important than a quick and tasty snack!
word count: 105
SkylerKarashi

Kin Count

Kin Species

Forum

Post by SkylerKarashi »

Rain took a long moment in the sun, eyes closed as his mind went from thought to thought. He let out a slow exhale and opened his eyes. His eyes fell on the doe watching him. He gave a small head tilt, not having seen her before, not that he exactly knew every kin in the forest. Rain gave her a small head bow before going back to picking berries with care, tucking them into a leaf bag he'd crudely made to carry them back to Tiger, hoping he'd remembered which were her favorites.
word count: 96
Rolling Kin <3 Image
Rolling Pets <3 Image
Lirilei
Herald
Herald

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

With a smile the mare stepped closer to the buck but chose a bush a short distance off. "You look like a buck with a mission." her words were gentle, conversational as she nipped a berry from the bush and chewed on it slowly, glancing towards him with a curious look. "I hope it's alright if I get a few berries from this bush. I can even help you gather more if you'd like?" well why not. It might help the buck begin talking.
word count: 86
SkylerKarashi

Kin Count

Kin Species

Forum

Post by SkylerKarashi »

Rain looked up as she approached, still being slightly cautious, but appreciating the offer, "Thank you... Of course you can, it's here for everyone after all." He went along carefully picking, "I'm gathering food for my mate." He spoke quietly, not wanting to be overly open, but also excited to talk about the situation, "She's with babies right now... So I don't want her straining herself." He looked to her curiously, "What's brought you to this area?"
word count: 82
Rolling Kin <3 Image
Rolling Pets <3 Image
Lirilei
Herald
Herald

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

Guardian gave a warm smile and carefully selected a few more berries as she listened to the buck talk. "That's very sweet of you to do. I'm sure it'll be appreciated." the question though earned a warm laugh. "Why you did, of course. You just told me your mate is expecting, and I'm here for you. At least I'm going to guess you were looking for one like me?" there was a small curious tilt to her head then.
SkylerKarashi wrote:Sorry slipped my mind I hadn't replied yet!
word count: 95
SkylerKarashi

Kin Count

Kin Species

Forum

Post by SkylerKarashi »

Rain stopped in a moment of confusion, looking to her again and this time really looking at her. He blinked a few times, then gave a small nod, "I... didn't come looking... but... I'm certainly amazed to actually meet you." A faint blush crossed his face at the mention of her there for him, "You can... help me and my mate?" He looked hopeful, having been told about what his own family went through.
word count: 76
Rolling Kin <3 Image
Rolling Pets <3 Image
Lirilei
Herald
Herald

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

She caught the confusion on his face, and saw when he truly saw her. She kept her quiet laugh to herself, even though she found it sweet he was so focused on providing for his mate. There though a nod at the question. "I certainly can yes, happily in fact. It just takes knowing what you're hoping for, for your young." and her, but that was a given in this situation.
word count: 72
SkylerKarashi

Kin Count

Kin Species

Forum

Post by SkylerKarashi »

Rain smiled, a little worried about hwo his offspring would turn out, but looking to the sky to gathering his thoughts, "All I can hope... Is that they're protective like me... but have their mother's love for adventure and play." They could all turn out like little versions of Tiger, as long as they came out healthy, Rain would be thrilled. He looked to Guardian again, "Thank you... for the chat as well as whatever it is you do to help my soon to be family."
word count: 88
Rolling Kin <3 Image
Rolling Pets <3 Image
Lirilei
Herald
Herald

Kin Count

Kin Species

Event

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

Guardian gave the buck a gentle smile at his words. "It's my pleasure to help you. May the MotherFather bless your children with adventurous and playful natures, but the ability to know when it's time to be serious, and look after those they care about, or in need. A little bit of balance is a great thing to have."

That out of the way, Guardian would spend a little more time there, helping him to gather berries as she'd offered, before taking her leave when he wasn't paying attention. One moment Guardian the Mare there, and the next, she gone and the sound of scurrying through the underbrush and the flick of a pale, spiky tail vanishing from view.
word count: 123