[B] Star Chasing gone Awry (Poppycock x Giveforward)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster
Pebbles: 1,185.06 Pebbles

Forum

Post by fluo »

Poppycock strode with purpose. He had a singular goal in mind. He had encountered a falling star, wooed her, and now there was additional work to do to curry and gain her favor. He did not mind. He lived for it. And that was why he was mucking about in the terrain away from his brand new love.

He looked up at the full moon in the sky and sent a heartfelt thanks. The stars were aligning every so nicely for him. He hoped they would be just as agreeable for the upcoming clutch. Homage paid, he moved forward among the swaying cattails and soft breeze. Purple hills dotted the horizon and the acha found himself looking for something that had no specific directions to. He needed a legendary. As soon as possible preferably.
word count: 134
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 173.50 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=95

Forum

[B] Star Chasing gone Awry

Post by anemosagkelos »

The mare bounced on her hooves, then broke into a trot. She could feel the need and it was one of her favorite feelings, but it was definitely second to actually helping those who wanted a blessing. She wondered, briefly and vaguely, who she might meet tonight. She had met so many unique kin in her time as a Legendary.

She crested the hill and looked down into the valley to see an acha, not terribly far away. She grinned and jumped, the sky catching the now light, hollow-boned body. The songbird fluttered and trilled, soaring straight towards the buck.
word count: 101
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by fluo »

While he was the one doing the seeking, it seemed as though he was found first! Poppycock was thrilled to meet a songbird. It looked odd and had a presence that seemed familiar yet strange.

"Hello, little bird. What might you be here for?"
word count: 44
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

With an answering chirp, the songbird landed on the buck's nose as if to say that it was there for him. Kin, however, were not always so well-versed in the gestures of the smaller creatures that roamed the beach, the swamp, the mountains, the deserts, or the caves. And Giveforward did want the buck to understand even if she sometimes got so excited and so happy that she forgot such.

Behind the songbird, a ghostly mare appeared and smiled, "I am here for you and your beloved to bless your fast growing clutch," she said in a voice that almost sounded like a song.
word count: 106
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by fluo »

Poppycock gave an undignified squeak and stepped back. A little liquid may have even escaped but if you ask him, he will deny it until he was blue in the face and very much dead. He stared in shock. A myriad of emotions flitted across his face. A songbird that wasn't one. A mare stared back. That explained the feeling he got from the being. He closed his eyes. He could listen to her sing and speak and he would be lulled into slumber. But now was not the time for napping. He had a goal in mind.

"Yes. I would very much like your assistance and blessing please. Name your price!"
word count: 113
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

Giveforward blinked, head tilting, "Price?" She felt conflict, was she supposed to be asking for things in return? That didn't feel right, though, not after kin allowed her to bless them. She wrinkled her nose at the thought.

"I never thought to ask for such before," she eventually laughed. "I'm not sure you could give me anything better than allowing me to bless you and your children. I do so love giving blessings!"
word count: 75
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by fluo »

Poppycock grinned up to the stars. Today was a fantastic day. And while he was brash and a little dumb, he knew better than to look a giftkin in the mouth.

"I accept. Please bless away. I hope they will grow up mighty and BRIGHT."
word count: 45
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

She grinned, "Your children shall be healthy and hardy, they were grow strong and tall, strong as a tree and tough as a crocodile. They shall be bright and the stars shall shine on them, lucky as they are kind."

"Will that do?"
word count: 43
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by fluo »

"Of course. Thank you."

Grin firmly in place, he bid the super smart songbird goodbye and raced home to his lovely mate.
word count: 22