[B] More than Anything (Atone x Back in the Habit)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster
Pebbles: 1,398.38 Pebbles

Forum

Post by fluo »

Back in the Habit listened earnestly to the elders' tales. She interviewed each one for their own detailed account. There was no theme or rhyme or reason. The doe surmised that kin did whatever they wanted including be where they wanted to go and dole out blessing to whomever asked. It was all up to luck. As the sun painted the sky a cheerful pink, Back in the Habit stole across the meadow to look for a legendary. She kept near the river so that she would not get lost nor dehydrated. With berries in a leaf satchel strewn across her flank, she was well prepared and ready should she cross paths with a legendary. It did not matter how many days it took. Hopefully not that long though, she grimaced. Her berries would keep her full for only two days and then she would have to hunt. And hunting wasn't her strong point.
word count: 155
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 182.86 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=95

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

A frown was etched deep into her mouth as she walked. The intent had been to find dinner for herself, but more for Heart. Or, if she decided to be truthful, all for Heart. The need for hunger that should have burned hot in her stomach had dissipated. And any hint of urgency had turned heavy with each hoof that thudded against the firm earth of a harsh winter that was yet to turn soft by spring. Futility and fatigue had settled down into her bones and she wondered, not for the first time, what the point of all of it was.

She let loose a sigh, attempting to fight the urge to wallow, or sink down into a boneless heap and sleep as long as time marched on. It was a desire that was seductive, it promised comfort, a respite. It was not to be; it was never to be. The familiar sense of being needed sunk into her flesh like thorns and claws. A dry, bitter laugh curled up from her throat and died between her teeth.

There was no swan, no feathered serpent; there was no energy to change. She was unsure if she could even pretend or muster up some bite. It didn't matter; she had been called. And she would answer.
word count: 217
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by fluo »

Back in the Habit looked up. She heard a sound. It sounded like an exhale. Not a happy one. Was a kin on the lookout for a legendary, too? Could they be temporary friends for the journey? She sped up her gait, eyes darting from side to side looking for the kin responsible for such an exhale. Eventually the doe found herself close to a creamy striped doe. She looked a little different. Hrm. Must not be from around here.

"Hello, I'm Back in the Habit. Are you looking for a legendary for a blessing, too?" The doe smiled in earnest hoping it conveyed friendliness.
word count: 106
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

"I find it hard to believe there exists a Legendary that would bless me," she couldn't help the thought from being spoken. It was sarcastic, a slight upturn of the mouth that hinted at amusement even as the lilt of the mare's voice hinted at sadness, at bitterness, at exhaustion. She couldn't imagine looking for a Legendary now, she couldn't imagine children either. And yet, she wasn't sure she could bless herself should such an occasion arise. She wasn't worth much as it was, not to mention undeserving of such a display.

"Lucky for you, I am a Legendary and I will bless you," she tried to smile but it came off a little broken.
word count: 121
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by fluo »

Back in the Habit gasped. Her jaw fell. She caught some flies or cicadas she was certain of it. Gobsmacked.

"But you.. you're not the size of a mountain!? Have I been lied to? Okay, nevermind. Um. Um" The doe faltered. She was stuttering as she tried to make sense. The Legendary did not have wings and did not sprout a hundred eyes when she spoke. She had a bone to pick with the elders. But first.

"Yes, Hello legendary. Do you have a name? I am Back in the Habit" it all came out rushed in one breath. The frantic doe heaved in big gulps of air. She was nervous that if she wasn't quick, the legendary would disappear.

"Yes, I would love a blessing please. I even brought some berries for you!" A white lie never hurt. Right? She bit her lower lip. The kimeti was desperate.
word count: 151
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

"You may call me, Atone," the mare introduced herself and then shook her head, "You'll need sustenance, yourself." She had plenty of food in her glade, stored from fall from her own crops.

"What is it you want for your children, Back in the Habit?"
word count: 46
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by fluo »

You had a choice? Wow. She was starting to think the Elders knew shit. No one spoke about this part.

"I would like for them to be smart. More intelligent than the Elders. And friendly and helpful. As this interaction taught me, you never know who you will run into."

She was self aware at least.
word count: 56
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

Atone did smile then, "Perhaps you should be an Elder or a Legendary."

She hummed a minute, "Your children shall we healthy and strong. They shall be intelligent and truthful but never in an unkind manner. They shall help those who need it and will not let others pull them astray."

"If that'll do, I should catch my friend something to eat, and if you are in need of apples, you are free to follow me."
word count: 77
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by fluo »

"Thank you for the blessing and I think I will follow you for some appples." Back in the Habit's stomach gurgled in agreement. Today was turning out to be a splendid day.
word count: 33