Blessing [Mooncaller]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
subducting
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,185.02 Pebbles

Blessing [Mooncaller]

Post by subducting »

Mooncaller was staring up at the curve of her namesake, hoping for guidance. She’d caused something of a situation- of course it had become commonplace now in the swamp for any two kin to be able to become parents, but she’d been quite surprised to discover that the beautiful doe was somehow carrying their children. Surprised but something else. Nervous, or excited?

“Oh please, don’t let me mess this up,” she sighed to the crescent moon. It simply bathed light on her like it always did. She called to no answer she could hear with her ears.
word count: 100
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 4,115.00 Pebbles

Forum

Blessing [Mooncaller]

Post by Ruriska »

If the moon didn’t answer, at least something else did. A moth drifting down, glowing in the night with brilliant rainbow colours. Wings wide, it descended with a beating of delicate wings, to hover above her, blocking her view of the moon.
word count: 43
subducting
Patron
Patron

Blessing [Mooncaller]

Post by subducting »

Mooncaller’s mouth dropped as the magnificent moth drifted down to her, as if sent from the moon herself. She stared at it as it eclipsed the moon, soft colourful lights dancing around it, unable to form any other reaction but open mouthed gaping.
ruriska wrote:
word count: 46
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Blessing [Mooncaller]

Post by Ruriska »

The moth continued to descend, fluttering into position before her, where it seemed to stop, hang in mid air and then... changed.

A Kiokote stood there instead, the same halo of lights hovering above his head, his smile wide and friendly. Clearly the same creature as before, simply reformed.

“Good evening!” He greeted, as if he was any old kin. “I hope I’m not interrupting anything”
subducting wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:57 amSorry for the wait!
word count: 79
subducting
Patron
Patron

Blessing [Mooncaller]

Post by subducting »

Mooncaller gaped at little, before snapping her mouth shut and shaking her head vigorously to ensure it was clear. The glowing, transforming moth buck didn’t vanish when she blinked, so she dipped her head politely, unsure what to think.
“Not much,” she said absently, the previous worries about her goals chased from her mind by such a shocking appearance.
ruriska wrote:
word count: 62
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Blessing [Mooncaller]

Post by Ruriska »

"That's good," the Kiokote said with a smile. He was starting to get used to the surprised gaping, and thankfully it usually disappeared once they realized he was just a regular guy.

He cleared his throat.

"So, hm, what are you worried about messing up?" He asked, tilting his head slightly with apologetic curiosity. "Not that I was eavesdropping but I did happen to hear and I've been told I give pretty good advice. If you'd like to talk about it, that is."
subducting wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:51 pm
word count: 95
subducting
Patron
Patron

Blessing [Mooncaller]

Post by subducting »

Mooncaller was still gaping. She closed her mouth quickly, still looking nonplussed, and tilted her head. “Oh yeah, uh. Well I’m having- sorry, you just came down, you’re not-“ it sounded embarrassingly silly, “from the moon, are you?”

Well she HAD been asking the moon for advice and then suddenly this stranger who was a moth but also a kiokote appeared. What was she meant to think?
ruriska wrote:
word count: 71
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Blessing [Mooncaller]

Post by Ruriska »

“Oh!” He said, eyes widening with surprise. “Oh no, I’m not.” His head tilted to regard the moon above. “Though that would be a story to tell. Do you think anyone comes from the moon?” Forgotten only allowed the thought to linger momentarily before he shook it away. Focus, he told himself, you have a job to do.

“I’m a chosen of the MotherFather, here to help guide you. My name is Once Forgotten.” He gave her a small bow of his head.
subducting wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:00 pm
word count: 94