[B] It's a Sign (Smoke Signals x Dusk Wave)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
HuniPi
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,813.60 Pebbles

Post by HuniPi »

Today was a good day, Smoke Signals was absolutely certain about that. He'd always thought he was unlucky with love ever since his first love left him, not that he could blame her. He wasn't exactly very good at communicating with others.

In fact, it was nothing short of a miracle that he managed to catch the eye of another incredible doe. So when he learned he was going to be a father, he absolutely knew he had to get help from someone wiser, more skilled, basically anyone. He sought out for a mare or a stag for advice, maybe, hopefully a blessing too.
Last edited by HuniPi on Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 106
peanutbutter
Pebbles: 533.92 Pebbles

Forum

[B] It's a Sign (Smoke Signals x ?)

Post by peanutbutter »

Sometimes, the pull Dusk felt to kin who needed help were subtle - a nudge here, an idle pull there, and Dusk would find himself in front of someone who needed help. Others were more obvious - a strong urge that came to him in the middle of task, an obvious feeling that he would follow. This one was in a category of its own - blindingly obvious.

Dusk paused from his task, leaning up from the pond he had been drinking from to turn a head in the direction he had felt it come from. If it was this strong, the other kin had to be near, and so he shook his hooves out and started forward from where he felt the pull. It was a trek through the undergrowth, but when he finally made his way through, he spotted a dark grey buck.

Normally Dusk was a bit more cautious and prone to not assume, but with how this had started out, he felt a certainty that this was who he was searching for. At least, it better be - he would feel rather strange if he had to leave to keep following this pull.

"Hello," He offered as he stepped forward, as to not lurk in the shadows. He'd like to not scare the other, at the very least.
HuniPi wrote:
word count: 221
HuniPi
Patron
Patron

[B] It's a Sign (Smoke Signals x ?)

Post by HuniPi »

Smoke didn't jump at the voice but he certainly looked surprised. He was looking for a stag or mare but he wasn't expecting to find one so soon! Maybe they weren't as elusive as he heard they were? Or were they just more available to expectant parents?

Speaking of expectant parents, the acha smiled and trotted over to respectfully bow. "I greet the wise one," he began, "With hopes of future counsil. Counsel? Advice! I would very much appreciate advice. I'm also Smoke Signals, may I know whose presence I'm in?"
peanutbutter wrote:
word count: 98
peanutbutter
Pebbles: 533.92 Pebbles

Forum

Post by peanutbutter »

Dusk paused for a moment at the influx of words - it had been awhile since he had been talked to so much and for a moment he was reminded of his daughter and when he traveled with her. It brought a small smile to his face as he listened to the other buck, clearly eager to hear from Dusk.

Which, considering, he should probably reply. He gave the newly named Smoke Signals a nod, then replied, "I'm Dusk Wave. What would you like to know?"
HuniPi wrote:
word count: 88
HuniPi
Patron
Patron

Post by HuniPi »

The acha was, quite frankly, eager to ask all manners of question when prompted. They ranged from what it was like to raise children, how it feels when they grow big enough to go off on their own, how could one tell which ones would go off or stay closeby, what are good ways to show support through actions and words.

And somehow the questions began wandering to different tangents and other manner of topics. It was as if all the questions the gray buck had for any legendary kin just came flooding out because he didn't know when next he would have the opportunity. So on top of the parenting questions (and not-so-subtle requests for emotional reassurance), there would be inquiries about what being a stag was like, did the world seem different than before, was it true that each legendary kin had the ability to talk to each other just by looking?
peanutbutter wrote:
word count: 159