[Bless] Small Wonder

All in character interactions and roleplays.
subducting
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,185.02 Pebbles

[Bless] Small Wonder

Post by subducting »

Small Wonder was shocked to discover that she was expecting, but she was cautiously excited. She couldn’t wait to meet her young, determined to be the best mother she could, and show them all the joys of the world that she knew. But gosh it was tiring- she was to be found one cool spring morning dozing sleepily, eyelids half open as she watched insects buzzing around the long grass she lay in.
word count: 74
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 2,859.80 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=1272

Forum

[Bless] Small Wonder

Post by Beejoux »

By now Merry was fairly well acquainted with the odd draw she could feel from time to time. She knew what it meant, and what she likely find if she followed it. So she wasn't surprised when she spotted a dozing kiokote doe resting in the cool grass at the end of a long walk through the swamp. She looked peaceful, and Merry was loathed to wake her, but she had her own family to return to as well

Gently, the doe cleared her throat.
subducting wrote:
word count: 88
subducting
Patron
Patron

[Bless] Small Wonder

Post by subducting »

Small Wonder blinked sleepily, gently coming to full awareness as she heard a throat clear nearby her. She yawned and lifted her head to see, sitting up as she spotted a colourful doe, tall and vibrant. “Oh, hello—“ her words were cut off by a cavernous yawn, “‘scuse me. Such a nice spring day, I just plain dozed off!”
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 61
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

[Bless] Small Wonder

Post by Beejoux »

The pale doe chuckled to herself as the kio roused and greeted her. "No worries, a warm patch of sun can be a very tempting thing."

She looked the doe over. "Are you expecting? I felt a...calling. it led me here, to you." She was finding there was usually some manner of seeking on the part of the expecting parent, but not always.
subducting wrote:
word count: 66
subducting
Patron
Patron

[Bless] Small Wonder

Post by subducting »

Small Wonder blinked up at the doe and nodded, suddenly shy. “Yeah,” she murmured softly, smiling fondly down at her middle, “I can’t wait to meet them. I wonder what they’ll be like…”
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 37
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

[Bless] Small Wonder

Post by Beejoux »

"No need to worried," she assured, sinking down to rest in the soft grass near the doe. "I'm sure they'll be wonderful. Though, if you'd like, I can help them along with that. I can bless them."

Some kin she encountered knew of the blessing she and others like her could bestow, but some didn't. Young parents were a toss up, she'd found.
subducting wrote:
word count: 70
subducting
Patron
Patron

[Bless] Small Wonder

Post by subducting »

Small Wonder’s eyes widened in amazement at the offer. She sat up a little straighter, craning her neck curiously. “What will that do, exactly,” she asked, eyes shining. It sounded like it could be a wonderful gift for her already well loved children.
beejoux wrote:
word count: 46
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

[Bless] Small Wonder

Post by Beejoux »

"Unexpected, but wonderful," she remarked, looking back fondly on her own children and how very unprepared she's felt the first time she'd had babies.

"Would you like me to bless them? If there's something you hope for them, I can help that come true." Not that she knew how it worked, but she felt it, when she reached through that connection with the Motherfather.
subducting wrote:
word count: 69
subducting
Patron
Patron

[Bless] Small Wonder

Post by subducting »

Small Wonder blinked, eyes huge and she nodded, smiling. “Oh, yes please,” she murmured. She wondered what she hoped for for her little ones. She flicked her tail thoughtfully. “I’d hope more than anything that they will always feel lucky,” she concluded, “I want them to feel blessed by little things every day.”
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 56
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

[Bless] Small Wonder

Post by Beejoux »

Merry smiled at the other Doe's wishes for her children, nodding. They were fine hopes to bestow up on the next generation, and she was more than happy to accommodate.

Straightening, she closed her eyes, letting herself feel that deeper connection. It was easier now, she'd had plenty of practice. After a moment she opened glowing eyes again, looking back at the doe. "It's done."
subducting wrote:
word count: 70