[PRP] Where The Mountain Crumbles To The Sea (Westward Spirit x One Big Fish)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
HuniPi
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,813.60 Pebbles

Post by HuniPi »

One Big Fish had to admit the change in scenery was a breath of fresh air, and not just because of the difference between a mountain and a sea breeze. While she was a guest, she was still encouraged to pitch in and pull her own weight but there wasn't any nagging or pressure or expectations of her. It was odd, pleasant but odd. The acha was happy and willing to participate in anything and everything Westward Spirit invited her to. She'd never shied away from work, even when it was an obligation back then.

She found herself smiling more and more, and wasn't forcing herself to in order to maintain any semblance of peace!

The improvement of her mood even transmitted to her fat fish. Though the beady-eyed stare was judgmental as ever, Resolve wasn't as skittish even if there were more strangers than usual around them.

---

Their current trek to the summit was exhillerating for One Big Fish. She could never imagine being able to push herself to her limit like this before, and she couldn't believe she was able to trust in Westward Spirit either. But did she really? Some habits die hard, and she couldn't help but think how things started beautifully between her and her den-mate as well.

Was it just going to repeat?

When he offered his assistance to her, that he would be able to help her should she need it, One Big Fish hesitated. She stared at him, eyes hard but not suspicious of him. If anything, there was hope albeit mingled with fear.

"You promise?"
word count: 272
doomsayer
Pebbles: 1,728.14 Pebbles

Post by doomsayer »

It was two simple words. There was a hint of hesitation in them, which he figures is a remnant of self-preserving suspicion she developed from a previous bad experience or partner. But the way she smiled and looked hard into his eyes as she said those words melted him. She was ready to trust him, and he would be the dullest buck under the sun if he didn't take the opportunity to show her that she could do so without having to worry.

Looking straight back into her eyes, Westward Spirit answered the acha doe, "Ma'am..." He hesitated. He wanted to find the right words to tell her.

"One Big Fish..." He shook his head as though that wasn't right either.

"One, I swear to you as long as you're with me, you'll never grow hungry, I'll always do my part, and you'll never be without someone always willing to help you when you need it."

And, as though to punctuate the oath he just made her, Westward Spirit extended his horns for her to grab on to as he hoisted both of them up a considerably difficult part of the path up the mountain.
word count: 203
HuniPi
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 2,813.60 Pebbles

Post by HuniPi »

The acha had held her breath without realizing it. She hoped, no, yearned for a reason to believe in Westward Spirit. These days she'd spent with him, each time longer than the last, had slowly made her realize how she had closed herself off from other kin. She didn't want to go back to being alone, and maybe she could take this risk.

He'd said nothing about expecting anything from her. And even as she went through her memories of their time together and went through it with a fine-tooth comb, there was neither guile nor suspicion.

She let out a sigh of relief and gratitude, blinking back tears and excusing it as the wind getting into her eye.

"Thank you. I, I reckon' I'd like that. Very much." She said before getting a firm grip on his horn. Having someone so steady and certain to lean on, well, it was new but she could get used to this.
word count: 164