The Story Of He and I [Pledge Myself x Protect Me]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
seru_ame
Pebbles: 2,410.22 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=2919

Post by seru_ame »

He had been wandering the swamp, alone, for what felt like ages. From time to time, the kiokote had meandered with this herd or that, but none really felt like he fit in with them. Especially when all he had to offer was the strength of his body, and no name. The last group he'd traveled with had moved on in a way he'd already wandered, and so, parted with him.

It was something he had grown distressingly accustomed to. His hooves picked their way, and his mind sank into blissful silence, over roots and half-sunken marsh. His ears picked up at this sound or that, but nothing yet drew him.

Nothing in all of the Dreaming had called him, either. He had hatched, and found himself aching from foalhood for purpose. That, that was why he wandered. Now, grown, he ached to stop just... roaming aimlessly. "Motherfather, please, let this be the day."
Beejoux wrote:Meeting time meeting time, consider this a flashback???
word count: 167
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 2,859.80 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=1272

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

Perhaps it would be.

Thearge kio wasn't the only kin out wandering that bright afternoon. There was another out desperately searching, but it wasn't purpose they were after. Instead, the delicate looking acha was seeking answers, or treatment. Something.

Protect Me had been a small foal, smaller than the reach of their siblings. Their mother had called him sickly, and really there was no arguing that. The petite buck was always tired, often unwell. Prone to fever and pain.

No healer he'd visited could tell him why or off more than a temporary relief, so Protect Me had left the desert, venturing towards the plains. Hopeful they would find something there. Of course the journey wasn't an easy one. The small buck was exhausted, hooves dragging through the tall grass, eyes down cast and unfocused.

He didn't see the sudden dip in front of him, and when his foot caught in the tangled grass the acha tumbled, rolling down the hill with a little yelp.
seru_ame wrote:
word count: 173