[B] Family (Can You Hear Me x Dusk Wave)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
elvy
Certist
Certist
Pebbles: 2,113.60 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=50

Post by elvy »

Family had always been an important thing to Can You Hear Me. Though most of her siblings has gone off on their own, her twin and herself always stayed near each other. Kept an eye and ear out for one another. Same with her father, that buck was around quite a lot too. A family of her own was a thing she'd always wanted and after a chance encounter with a buck, she was sure one was on it's way now. So here she was, searching out for one that could possibly give her advice or as she had heard, bless this new family of hers.
word count: 108
peanutbutter
Pebbles: 533.92 Pebbles

Forum

[B] Family (Can You Hear Me x ???)

Post by peanutbutter »

It was a bit unusual for Dusk to be out like this. Already he had drifted a far bit away from his home, which while not necessarily uncommon, was something he was more fond of doing while in his crane form. Yet here the stag was, on four feet rather than two, and considerably more furred than feathered. His kincaller had been the reason for the trip - while Dusk had accepted that Spite was bound to him by this point, whether he wanted it or not, he still found himself grumbling at following its whims. But it was easier to placate the bird than ignore it, and so he was now working his way back to the Cres after finishing one of its little tasks.

He meandered his way out from one of the paths into one of the more open areas of the swamp with Spite following him, blinking in surprise as he spotted the doe before him. There was a moment but then he recognized the feeling - a pull, slight now that he was here, but something he had been unconsciously following before.

"Hello," Dusk rumbled after a moment, bobbing his head with the motion. He had been staring, he realized, and hoped it hadn't come off as too rude.
elvy wrote:
word count: 215
elvy
Certist
Certist

[B] Family (Can You Hear Me x ???)

Post by elvy »

Hear was honestly just wandering aimlessly at this point. She was lost in her own thoughts. Wondering what the children may look like? Will they want to stick around her or each other like some of her own family has?

"Oh, hello." The buck had startled her slightly but she tried to not show it. It wasn't that he frightened her, it was more that she was the one not paying any attention. Looking at him she realized he seamed larger compared to most bucks she had seen before. Was this it? Was he one of those she was seeking out?

"Sorry, I was a bit lost in my thoughts."
peanutbutter wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:57 pm
word count: 120
peanutbutter
Pebbles: 533.92 Pebbles

Forum

Post by peanutbutter »

Dusk nodded thoughtfully at the doe's words, familiar with what happened. He too was familiar with getting lost in thought, it was a familiar companion of his both in his past and current days as a scout. It was easy to let his mind wander, until he found something that needed his attention, or in most cases just managed to stumble over a tree root.

Still, as he shifted slightly, it seemed he would have to be the one to ask if the doe would like a blessing. "Are you in need of assistance?" Dusk asked, and then winced internally as the words came out of his mouth. Too broad, but he needed to be careful with his next question. "Such as a blessing, perhaps?"

There, good. That was less awkward. He was totally doing fine.
elvy wrote:
word count: 139
elvy
Certist
Certist

Post by elvy »

Ah! She perked up when he asked his questions. So he was one of those she had heard about. Glad she was to not have to search too much.

"Yes, I find myself expecting. It's a new and scary thing." The doe smiled a bit at this though. "I had heard about these blessings and was hoping that the ones to come could indeed be blessed."

Can You Hear Me had hoped that was enough, she was unsure if the buck needed to do much more or if she needed to offer something in return. Guess she'd find out soon enough.
peanutbutter wrote:
word count: 105