[B] A collection of bones (Fetish x Travels in Circles)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster
Pebbles: 1,185.06 Pebbles

Forum

Post by fluo »

Fetish surveyed his prized bones and picked out the most special one- a clean femur. Not of kin mind you. Of some small tree living type that scurried and thieved to their little heart's delight. The ants and beetles had picked it cleaned. Sunbaked for a spell, it gleamed in the fading light. Gently scooping it into his mouth, the buck set out into the evening to find a kin. He was told that he would know once he met one and that "glowing eyes and not glowing asses" would denote that the kin was a lgendary. His eye twitched. Somehow the elder kin thought he would confuse a legendary with a glowfly. Hmph! He hoped he would find someone willing to help. He stopped mid-stride.

"Wait, maybe I should have brought TWO bones."
word count: 136
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 173.50 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=95

Forum

[B] A collection of bones

Post by anemosagkelos »

It had been ages since he had come down from the clouds, or was it up from the seafoam? The sky and sea blended into a world of their own when one could flit and float and fly. It didn't make much difference in the end. He was in the swamp again, drifting along, set on a path that would resolve itself once he was dragged to kin who needed a blessing—he couldn't be trusted to find them on his own without it taking weeks, at least. The MotherFather would pull him to the kin who sought him out, it had been that way since he ascended and it was the only reason he found any kin who needed a blessing. His name really did say it all.

He would have hummed, if jellyfish made any sounds, but he kept his mind focused or attempted to until he thought of blessings and babies—he should visit his mother while he was here. How long had it been since he'd seen her? Time was a myth, one he could not keep track of, and he considered then his children and grandchildren and, oh, that flower looked nice! Not that he could see it closer, not yet anyhow. A kin needed a blessing; he was heeding the call.
word count: 220
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by fluo »

Fetish watched as a jellyfish do a sommersault mid-air. He marveled at the carefree nature. Did he take it as a sign that one femur would be okay? Would two suffice? How about three? Fetish was so mesmerized that he almost walked into the glowing tendrils. He peered closer. Did jellyfish have eyes? Where were they?
word count: 57
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

The gelatinous dome of the jellyfish bounced against the buck's nose, pushing the creature down towards the ground. Solid ground was difficult to press up against, unlike the bottom of the sea. An act of preservation, the jellyfish disappeared.

The red Legendary shook himself, legs planted wide, as he settled into four legs and hooves. He smiled as he oriented himself to the world as a kin, then turned his attention to the buck.

"Hello, you must be the one, yes?"
word count: 82
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by fluo »

"You will know it when you see one" did not quite translate into "It will hit you in the face" like this situation.
A myriad of emotions flickered over Fetish's face before it settled upon appeasement and hope.

"Yes. You-" he stammered" Are a legendary right? I brought you this bone." He gently placed it onto the ground and nudged it forward with his bopped nose. "It's one of my finest you see. I am looking for a blessing." It sounded much more calm and collected in his mind. In reality. it came out all rushed and in one breath.
word count: 102
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

"A Legendary," he repeated, thoughtful, trying to remember what those were. There was a scratch of a memory and then, "Oh, yes, my mother is one of those. An owlcat, but also a gryphon," he grinned wide. He moved to take a step as his thoughts started to wander, but the feeling of being tethered kept him steady and he turned his eyes back to the other buck, the bone catching his attention. "Why don't bones grow roots?" he asked as he lowered his nose to the ground, placing his chin in the dirt and looking like an overgrown puppy.
word count: 101
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by fluo »

Information overload happened and the words flew over Fetish's head. Owlcat? Gryphon? Several forms?

"I suppose you could water it to see if it will grow, but in general they don't. I do have something growing in another kin's stomach though if you could help me with that. It looks like she's eaten a whole entire watermelon." Fetish beamed with pride.

"I just want for the pregnancy to be easy for her, the kin to grow up to be healthy and kin. Would you be able to help? Should I have brought two bones?"
word count: 98
anemosagkelos
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by anemosagkelos »

He didn't think water grew bones. Didn't they always say you had to eat to grow strong? Did bones have mouths, then, he wondered, but he gave his head a gentle shake. He could examine that later, if he remembered.

"One bone will due, I wouldn't remember two," he grinned. He straightened, the buck wanted all nice things to be sure. Nice, but dull. He didn't think that was nice.

"Your children shall be gentle on their mother's body and mind as they grew. They will grow up healthy, happy, and strong. Steadfast in nature, they will see the joy and the fun in life and nothing shall pass them by."

Oh that was a good one, he thought. Yes, he liked that.

He ducked his head to pick up the bone, intent on searching it for a mouth to feed it. A bone as large as a tree, now that would be grand.
word count: 159
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster

Forum

Post by fluo »

Indecision warred within the buck. Fetish didn't know what feeling to feel first: relief or joy. He accomplished what he came for and equally felt a huge weight lift form his shoulders. But he knew he had to get back to the doe first and foremost.

"Thank you!" he wasn't a kiokote, but he did make it back in record time. Legendaries were a handy lot. He wondered what it would be like to have several forms. Probably easier to hunt.
word count: 83